Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > astronauts will get dumber on their way to Mars!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 kidreason29
Msg: 76
astronauts will get dumber on their way to Mars!Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
where the aliens at?

they aren't out there in space, metaphorically they all left the universe, and went to another 'universe' similar to a 'virtual reality' or 'simulated universe'

colonizing the solar system with more people? Why, cause we are overpopulating?

No need to, we are expanding the universe through simulated realities, where we could potentially possess infinite space with the control of all the parameters/variables
 gingerosity
Msg: 77
view profile
History
astronauts will get dumber on their way to Mars!
Posted: 2/20/2017 5:19:05 AM

colonizing the solar system with more people? Why, cause we are overpopulating?

No, because you instructed us to in msg 63.

the only astronomy we should be doing is figuring out a way to get humans to live on the other planets in our solar system
 kidreason29
Msg: 78
Posted: 2/20/2017 8:52:30 AM

No, because you instructed us to in msg 63.

what, I can't play devils devils advocate?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2MY6LVb19g

Bill gates is dying of intestinal cancer, and wants everyone to believe that the virus he setup for the general population isn't a means to get someone to find a cure so he can live another 40 years with his fortune. Trying to get people into biology and away from the environmental sciences

I can't wait to see this thief die
 kidreason29
Msg: 79
Posted: 2/21/2017 9:27:18 AM

what, I can't play devils devils advocate?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2MY6LVb19g

Bill gates is dying of intestinal cancer, and wants everyone to believe that the virus he setup for the general population isn't a means to get someone to find a cure so he can live another 40 years with his fortune. Trying to get people into biology and away from the environmental sciences

I can't wait to see this thief die

The purpose is to continuously play devils advocate, alternating between the two sides until you see them simultaneously as one system.
 gingerosity
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 6/19/2018 2:11:39 AM
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/06/180618113030.htm

Yes!!!!!! Best news I've seen in years. We're cookin' with gases now!
Posted: 6/20/2018 4:52:36 PM
So many, yet still so far away...
 gingerosity
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 6/22/2018 2:07:53 AM
Well, yes. The thing is, we need a driving force to get real funding behind interstellar propulsion development. No driving force? No warp drive.

This paper is a big step in that direction even though it may not look like much. The technique doesn't suffer from radial effects like dopler and transit methods, where you don't see all the planets which are not oriented in the right plane for us to see them transit, or where you aren't able to characterise them accurately on an individual basis instead of only on a statistical basis for a presumed average orientation relative to us. Nor does it suffer from the overwhelming signal of the star like the traditional direct detection method, so it doesn't need the extreme precision of a coronograph or excessive computational resources to model and subtract the intense stellar signal out.

I think this is huge for nearby systems. Far off systems are fine with random sampling and statistics for us to learn about how things form and work in general. But we need a full inventory and accurate characterisation of every nearby exoplanet (and exomoon!) to propel us to the best and closest places to colonise. This technique promises to trample all before it for this purpose. I'm confident that once we have a google maps directory of balmy paradises beconing, interstellar techs will begin to gain some funding traction.
Posted: 6/22/2018 10:36:02 AM
The persistence of figuring out how to see things far away like this and know such things about them, to push the capabilities of astronomy so far, is really teaching us some serious stuff. To somehow tease out information the way we're doing is wild.

I'm still thinking that any practical, and non-very-long-term, propulsion technology will come from cracking gravity and more of spacetime itself. The only way to go many times the speed of light, which we'd need, is to 'hack' and cheat these underlying realities.
 laughata
Msg: 84
Posted: 6/22/2018 3:31:15 PM
^^^ true...since according to einstein we can't go as fast or faster than the speed of light, the only way to achieve it is to somehow "warp" space ahead of us. I'm pretty sure that is not going to be a technology we are going to master anytime soon....so exploring the cosmos by anything more than our crude machines is probably the best we will have going for the next few millennia or so.

If we want to survive, than in a few billion years, we are going to have to figure out how to avoid our dying, expanding sun into our space....course chances are mankind will be gone long before that happens.
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > astronauts will get dumber on their way to Mars!