Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Police Officers across the county should hold protests…      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 aj7125
Msg: 226
Police Officers across the county should hold protests…Page 10 of 21    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21)
Sounds like more and more people are demanding Emanuel resign. Pretty simple request. The double standard liberals refuse to admit. Not surprising at all. Emanuel is responsible for the coverup. Hillary, are you seeing and hearing this? Sound familiar Hillary?
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 227
Police Officers across the county should hold protests…
Posted: 12/1/2015 9:40:56 PM
Rahm Emanuel is responsible for the cover up?

So...he ordered police officers to go into the Burger King and delete the video footage in the hours following the murder? He ordered police officers to intimidate witnesses immediately? He masterminded the whole thing? Are you sure you don't want to say he pulled the trigger?
 aj7125
Msg: 228
Posted: 12/1/2015 10:14:19 PM
Yes, he is responsible. Why is it that you as a liberal can't figure that out??? WHO fired the Police Chief? You are showing exactly what Hillary is/was doing, taking no responsibility. Let's take this and go very slowly for all who just can't understand responsibility. Emanuel had the power to fire the Chief which he did. With this power, do you not think Emanuel also is responsible for what is going on in that department? ESPECIALLY after a YEAR has gone by? Is this liberal non-thinking? Scary but Hillary and Emanuel are doing the same thing, they have their fingers pointed in every direction possible except for where the finger should be pointed at........THEMSELVES
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 229
Posted: 12/2/2015 6:11:36 AM
Emanuel has the burden of explaining how he didn't know what was being done by his police dept in keeping officers like Van dyke on the payroll! He has to explain who authorized taking $5 million outta the budget to pay off the McDonald family, to keep things hush-hush. He has to explain why he didn't acknowledge this event at the time that it happened and why the film has been suppressed and by whom.

It will be interesting to see how his own party (and cronies) deal with this!
 funchesf
Msg: 230
Posted: 12/2/2015 6:18:56 AM

Posted By: aj7125
Scary but Hillary and Emanuel are doing the same thing, they have their fingers pointed in every direction possible except for where the finger should be pointed at........THEMSELVES

or perhaps you should point the finger at yourself ...because by taking the focus of this thread off the police and placing it on Hillary you're guilty of the very same thing that you're accusing Hillary of..a "cover up".....and speaking of Hillary can you even post in a thread without mentioning Hillary ..it's like you have the hots for her....I guess it's a cougar thing

Posted By: 00Spy
Great post aj... you might be worthy of the Hall of Fame thread with that one.

if anything he's worthy for the Hall of Fame for finding ways to bring Hillary into a thread, the thread can be about the yellow-bellied Sapsucker and he'll find a way to blame Hillary as to why it has a yellow belly and has to suck sap

You mean President Obama won't be sending in the Justice Department to investigate the Chicago PD like he did in Ferguson?

it's not only a Chicago or Ferguson problem, it's a problem with the entire United States Justice system for the failure to hold police criminally accountable for when they violate the civil rights of American citizens , to the point that even Judges and Prosecutors take part in the corruption or cover ups ..

Posted By: yule_liquor
Emanuel has the burden of explaining how he didn't know what was being done by his police dept in keeping officers like Van dyke on the payroll!

you have to blame the Police Union not Emanuel

He has to explain who authorized taking $5 million outta the budget to pay off the McDonald family,

it was Emanuel and the City taking responsibility
 deetristate
Msg: 231
Posted: 12/2/2015 6:30:00 AM
Big city PDs are like the mafia and politicians are just as afraid of them as everyone else. Until it is clear that it won't be tolerated, and people go to jail, it will continue.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 232
Posted: 12/2/2015 6:53:00 AM
Mr Chef,

While I agree with much of your post, in the taking of the sapsuckers to task, I do disagree on the point of taking mayor Emanuel to task. Mayor Emanuel has to have, or more specifically, should have known sometime ago the problems with the Van Dyke shooting. The $5 million was paid out in March of 2015 to the McDonald family, who's attorney's, by the way, had obtained a copy of the video, which was kept confidential in the court settlement. This whole thing smacks of police corruption on such a grand scale that it is beyond the pale that Mayor Emanuel did not know.

You mean President Obama won't be sending in the Justice Department to investigate the Chicago PD like he did in Ferguson?

Let me instruct Mr Zero on his ignorance in this case: Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan has already asked for the Justice Department to investigate the Chicago police department. Why would President Obama make a duplicate request?

Whenever there is a police shooting of an unarmed black man discussed here in the threads, radical conservatives spout:

1) He was running away-if he didn't run he wouldn't be shot.
2) He had outstanding warrants/tickets (child support, traffic tickets...yada, yada, yada) and was pulled over for that (forgetting that driving while black is the major offense) and he ran...if he didn't run he wouldn't be shot.
3) He struggled with the police...if he didn't struggle with the police he wouldn't be shot.

Now, the radical conservatives, in the absence of running or struggling with police, deflect away from the police shooting of an unarmed black man, and try to turn the discussion into a discussion about President Obama or Ms. Clinton. Radical sapsucking conservatives have no shame!

Mr. Chef, I found these two articles that you may find of interest:

http://chicagoreporter.com/how-chicago-tried-to-cover-up-a-police-execution/
http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/ward-room/Madigan-Calls-for-Federal-Investigation-of-Chicago-Police-Department-359718081.html

There is a disturbing pdf on the second link that details some of the systematic problems with the Chicago police force that the Illinois attorney general brought to the attention of the justice department.
 deetristate
Msg: 233
Posted: 12/2/2015 7:03:47 AM
So the Illinois AG is too afraid to bring its own charges? Deep.

Can a driver or "suspect"shooting first now be considered self defense when pulled over or pulled aside? If nothing happens, more will come to this conclusion.
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 234
Posted: 12/2/2015 7:08:53 AM

you have to blame the Police Union not Emanuel

Bull$hit! You are just making excuses for him!

The police and all other depts all have to account to the mayor; its what dept head meetings are all about!
If the mayor asks how many complaints were made on his police dept; and what the ruling was for each one; he would have known the amount of money that the chicago PD had to pay in citations to the victims. He could choose not to ask these questions but then he can't blame anyone for not knowing!

it was Emanuel and the City taking responsibility

Then he and the city council persons who approved it have to resign!

Big city PDs are like the mafia and politicians are just as afraid of them as everyone else. Until it is clear that it won't be tolerated, and people go to jail, it will continue.

Which is why you have to make those on top accountable; they need to pay a stiff price!
The same goes for Baltimore where that mayor was trying to look for scapegoats
The problem is often not on the street level; its with those above who are negligent.
 villabolos
Msg: 235
Posted: 12/2/2015 7:41:27 AM
So the request has been made for the justice department to investigate??
How long will it take to answer the request?? When will the investigation begin??
It sure didn't take long in Ferguson.
 aj7125
Msg: 236
Posted: 12/2/2015 7:43:51 AM
funchesf: "you have to blame the Police Union not Emanuel"

^^^^^^^^ You my friend are showing liberal ignorance but you do stay consistent in your posts on ignorance. Emanuel DOES have to take responsibility and not just saying the word. If this was a conservative mayor you would be speaking up demanding his resignation................And as far as taking conversation about thread off topic, someone else did and we are responding to it. Chec k all your posts and you will see you hijack threads all the time........and if you need proof, look above where you are responding to what you find offensive about people going off topic........hypocritical, don't ya think?........oh, some liberals have blinders that must be also affecting their ability to think, probably should loosen them a tad.......You are very welcome!

We all have seen the disgusting video, the cop should never have had a year of freedom without anything being done to bring him to justice. Great leadership Mr Emanuel, you have the same playbook as Hillary. Has Obama come out and praised Emanuel yet? Even though he has put foot in mouth many times, I don't think he dare even saying he knows Emanuel. To that I say....well done Mr President I agree with you on that!
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 237
Posted: 12/2/2015 8:02:02 AM

So the Illinois AG is too afraid to bring its own charges?

I think you mean investigation, not charges. There can be no charges without first an investigation.

Apparently, the Illinois attorney general believes the distance a Justice Department investigation would give would lend credibility to the investigation. After all, Chicago did its' own investigation and not one sole now finds that credible.

Can a driver or "suspect"shooting first now be considered self defense when pulled over or pulled aside?

Could you speak english? I have no idea what the question is.

The police and all other depts all have to account to the mayor; its what dept head meetings are all about!
If the mayor asks how many complaints were made on his police dept; and what the ruling was for each one; he would have known the amount of money that the chicago PD had to pay in citations to the victims. He could choose not to ask these questions but then he can't blame anyone for not knowing!

The shooting was in October of 2014, in March 2015 $5 million settlement was paid to the McDonald family (before any lawsuit was filed), and there was a damming video that prompted a quick settlement. Mayor Emanuel had to know, especially in light of the Ferguson shooting results.

The problem is often not on the street level; its with those above who are negligent.

There can be no doubt that the blue wall of silence exists. And the perpetuation of the existence of the "blue wall" is complicit through higher level management on through to city governance. That it exists is the issue, not what came first. And that the "blue wall" transcends party lines is also indisputable.

How long will it take to answer the request?? When will the investigation begin??
It sure didn't take long in Ferguson.

It took 1 month before the Justice Dept started its' investigation into the Brown shooting. It took 6 months for the Justice Dept determine that shooting was justified.

Apparently, there are so many shootings of unarmed black men that the McDonald shooting didn't make much of a splash, when it happened, on national news. But, now that an FOI request has made the video public, it is national news. A federal "practice and pattern" investigation is being called for. We'll all see if and when that happens.

I see the radical sapsuckers are out attempting to deflect the actions away from the Chicago police force and Mayor Emanuel and onto President Obama and Ms Clinton...radical sapsuckers have no shame.

Edit to include:

You always try to turn anything and everything into a battle between liberals and conservatives.

I wasn't the one to bring up President Obama or Ms Clinton...and they keep attempting (apparently, along with you) to deflect the shooting of an innocent unarmed black man towards what the President has or has not done....and perhaps you missed this comment I made in this post: "And that the "blue wall" transcends party lines is also indisputable."

Just basing on what I am reading here, the guy who was murdered in Chicago by the cop, his family was paid off in March. That's 8 months ago. The incident obviously happened before that.
What is the holdup??

What you're missing, that I've already said in this post, is that the shooting has just become national news with the release of the video...before this week were you aware of the McDonald shooting? I wasn't...I'm sure not many were outside of Chicago...what is it that you expect? A review of every cop shooting in America by the President? Seriously?

By the way, money is nice. But no amount of money can replace a lost loved one.

Speak to the family. They're the ones who had a copy of the video last March and agreed to keep it confidential. It was a Chicago reporter who filed an FOI request that has brought this all to light.
 villabolos
Msg: 238
Posted: 12/2/2015 8:17:10 AM
You always try to turn anything and everything into a battle between liberals and conservatives.

Just basing on what I am reading here, the guy who was murdered in Chicago by the cop, his family was paid off in March. That's 8 months ago. The incident obviously happened before that.
What is the holdup??
If Obama said...go there now(like he did somewhere else...) and investigate this..It would of happened.
.I have a feeling we would have some answers. But he hasn't done so. I have no idea when the actual incident happened. I'm guessing 10-12 months ago now.
What is the holdup??

The ironic part to all this is in Ferguson, the officer was right. The officer was more than justified. His life was in danger.
Chicago on the other hand appears to be a completely different story.
For some reason or another, the justice dept still isn't involved.

By the way, money is nice. But no amount of money can replace a lost loved one.
 funchesf
Msg: 239
Posted: 12/2/2015 8:45:17 AM

Posted By: Yule_liquor
Bull$hit! You are just making excuses for him!

The police and all other depts all have to account to the mayor;

How Rude

but anyway I guess you don't realize that the point of having a Union is the fact that they are not accountable to management nor The Mayor ... unless of course someone is taking bribes

Posted By: Yule_liquor
Then he and the city council persons who approved it have to resign!

pay the family 5 million now or take it to court and pay 20 million later ....

Posted By: villabolos
So the request has been made for the justice department to investigate??

do you have any legitimate questions that doesn't require one to have psychic ability to answer ...might as well ask me for the lottery numbers

And as far as taking conversation about thread off topic, someone else did and we are responding to it.

if someone jumped off a bridge would it require you to jump too? ....you're in the forum blaming others for not taking responsibility and now look at you in here seeking to blaming others instead of accepting responsibility for your actions ....

We all have seen the disgusting video, the cop should never have had a year of freedom without anything being done to bring him to justice. Great leadership Mr Emanuel,

again it's not Emanuel's fault ...that part is being blamed on the State's Attorney "Anita Alvarez"...she is an elected official which means that Emanuel can not fire her, she either have to resign or be voted out during the elections, it appears that you're posting about things you don't know anything about, but I'm here to enlighten you

you have the same playbook as Hillary

still perving over Hillary I see

Posted by: villabolos
His life was in danger.

wrong phrase...remember, if a police officer want to escape a murder conviction the politically correct phrase is "that he was in fear of his life"
 gtomustang
Msg: 240
Posted: 12/2/2015 9:47:31 AM
And before Rahn E:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Burge

and really interesting:

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/feb/18/guantanamo-torture-chicago-police-brutality

If a leader should fall upon their sword for the failings of an underling, why did only Scooter Libby go to jail? When Colin Powell lied to the UN? When WMD's weren't found?

Its an interesting theory that "The buck stops here". is it uniformly applied?
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 241
Posted: 12/2/2015 9:55:21 AM

I guess you don't realize that the point of having a Union is the fact that they are not accountable to management nor The Mayor

I think that the point of having a union is so the unionized body (in this case the police) gets a fair shake with negotiations and judgments from their employer. If you are saying that the union was playing the mayor's hand in making a settlement in secrecy, and then keeping this officer on the payroll after seeing the video, then you are just being an apologist for the mayor. The mayor knows way more than what he's letting on!

pay the family 5 million now or take it to court and pay 20 million later

I understand that line of thinking, but then why keep this officer on the payroll and why wasn't he at least fired at the time of the agreement. Based on the film, its an open and shut case for the CPD vs the union's wishes.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 242
Posted: 12/2/2015 10:24:55 AM
Interestingly enough. Mayor Emanuel was in a heated election with Jesus "Chuy" Garcia, and 8 days after the election on April 7 2015, which Emanuel won, Emanuel called a city council meeting where the council voted, without debate, to pay the McDonald family $5 million.

In addition, hours before the video release, Anita Alvarez, Cook County States Attorney, filed murder charges against officer VanDyke....stating she had intended to charge Van Dyke for months but moved up her decision because of the timing of the video release.

I watched the video...it does not support claims made by the union that McDonald was threatening anyone with a knife. Based on what I saw, it is a horrific abuse of police power, and I, for the life of me, cannot understand why the city of Chicago waited 13 months to release the video...other than to cement Mayor Emanuels victory, and maintain the "blue wall of silence."

Thugs such as yourself want everybody in this country to be victims

VVVVV Racists, such as yourself, must be so happy with the criminal justice system in America!

It is really sad that there are so many low information people in America, who are so lazy they cannot search for their own information, and let that information lead them as it will. These low information people take snippets of comments from an internet blog and formulate an opinion based on others flawed opinions...and then write that low information opinion here...just to prove once again...opinions are like azzholes-everyones got one.
 villabolos
Msg: 243
Posted: 12/2/2015 10:25:57 AM
So "life was in danger" is the "wrong phrase", funchest???

Michael Brown was a complete thug. He knocked off a convenient store, he then was walking down the middle of the street, he then proceeded to beat the shit out of Officer Darren Wilson.
Did you not see the pictures of Officer Wilson from the beating he took that were released to the media??
Officer Wilson then proceeded to shoot and kill him.
He crossed paths with the wrong guy and it ended up costing him his life.
Very sad in so many ways. Definitely justifiable though!!

Your man in the White House had his justice dept investigate...and it looks like they came to the same conclusion.

Thugs such as yourself want everybody in this country to be victims. The only perpetrator in your eyes are the one who fight back. IF it is a white person who fights back, then the cities are going to burn, aren't they??
If it was a black police officer who shot and killed Michael Brown, Ferguson would never of made the news.
 cotter
Msg: 244
view profile
History
Posted: 12/2/2015 11:20:20 AM
Message 251 ...
then you are just being an apologist for the mayor. The mayor knows way more than what he's letting on!
... then you are just being an apologist for the mayor. The mayor knows way more than what he's letting on!For sure! There's no way the mayor did not know about the whole case. He's a scum-ball. He kept it under wraps until he could win that election.

pay the family 5 million now or take it to court and pay 20 million later

I understand that line of thinking, but then why keep this officer on the payroll and why wasn't he at least fired at the time of the agreement. Based on the film, its an open and shut case for the CPD vs the union's wishes.
Anita Alvarez also needs to go.

Why in the world did she need so much time to press charges?
 trinity818
Msg: 245
view profile
History
Posted: 12/2/2015 12:02:02 PM

Oh now see...that there just pisses me right off. Who the fvck are you to call him a thug? What the fvck do you know about his life?

I get it. He's a black male. Must be a thug. Cause' you don't like what he says or how he looks.

Sickening.
 deetristate
Msg: 246
Posted: 12/2/2015 1:00:23 PM
Interesting that no officer felt threatened by Dear or that movie theater shooter, as they were armed to the teeth.
 funchesf
Msg: 247
Posted: 12/2/2015 1:05:43 PM

temper temper ...hope you're not a police officer ...with a 16 shot clip

IF it is a white person who fights back, then the cities are going to burn, aren't they?.

well.... isn't that what happened in Iraq and a number of other cities across the Ocean

I think that the point of having a union is so the unionized body (in this case the police) gets a fair shake with negotiations and judgments from their employer.

the point of a Union is power, and the police union has deep pockets and lawyers that will take the city to court

I understand that line of thinking, but then why keep this officer on the payroll and why wasn't he at least fired at the time of the agreement

because the 5 million dollar settlement was to head off a civil lawsuit and had nothing to do with the officer admitting to any guilt ....

the reason the officer stayed on the payroll was because he had no charges brought against him or been convicted of any crime ...it's up to the State Attorney "Anita Alvarez" to file those charges in a timely manner and the fact that she didn't is why they are trying to get her out of office

Emanuel may be guilty of something but so far he's not guilty of what you guys have been accusing him of .... he has no control over the Union lawyers or over an elected official such as the State Attorney
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 248
Posted: 12/2/2015 1:16:35 PM

villabolos:

Trinity:
Sickening.

Yanno Trin, I caught that comment as I was proof reading my own, and since then have had time to think about what this racist bigot really wanted to say, because we all know what word "thug" is substituting for. It is shameful (though radical sapsuckers know no shame) that as far as America has come in combating racism that it is, quite clearly, alive and well today.

Whenever there is a police shooting of an unarmed black man discussed here in the threads, radical conservatives spout:

1) He was running away-if he didn't run he wouldn't be shot.
2) He had outstanding warrants/tickets (child support, traffic tickets...yada, yada, yada) and was pulled over for that (forgetting that driving while black is the major offense) and he ran...if he didn't run he wouldn't be shot.
3) He struggled with the police...if he didn't struggle with the police he wouldn't be shot.

I forgot to add to my laundry list of reasons radical racist sapsuckers use to justify shooting unarmed black men this:

He knocked off a convenient store

4) He stole candy/cigarettes/sold counterfeit cigarettes...or in Browns case a pack of cigarillos cost him his life, because:

He crossed paths with the wrong guy

Meaning, any cop (not all cops...but any cop) with a mind to hand out "justice" to "thugs"

Emanuel may be guilty of something but so far he's not guilty of what you guys have been accusing him of .... he has no control over the Union lawyers or over an elected official such as the State Attorney

Mayor Emanuel did have control over what information was disseminated to the public -meaning the video...and he had control over the police department...he had control over the settlement process with the McDonald's, which has all the appearances of attempting to hide the video until well after the Mayoral election.
 villabolos
Msg: 249
Posted: 12/2/2015 1:20:49 PM
I agree with Cotter on what is going on in Chicago.

In Ferguson, I side with the police dept and the findings of the U.S. justice dept.
Anybody who knocks off a convenient store, then they go strolling down the middle of a street(as if you should have to be told not to walk in the middle of the street), then when a cop stops and asks him to get out of the street, he beats the crap out of the cop, then the cop shoots and kills him and you are surprised. Then the town gets burned down and you condemn the police dept and not the MIchael Brown types.
You then start screaming racism and cops are not allowed to say "my life was in danger"
I'm sorry, to me, that is the thought process of a thug.

I feel bad for the people of Ferguson. Most of them are probably really good people who have very little. I'm sure the riots put a severe hurting on them.
 PenelopeLeChat
Msg: 250
Posted: 12/2/2015 2:49:34 PM
Dtri, I guess the officer that was killed would beg to differ about feeling threatened. Not even a fair comparison as the circumstances were completely different.

LePew
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Police Officers across the county should hold protests…