Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Police Officers across the county should hold protests…      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 funchesf
Msg: 251
Police Officers across the county should hold protests…Page 11 of 21    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21)

Posted By villabolos
You then start screaming racism and cops are not allowed to say "my life was in danger"
I'm sorry, to me, that is the thought process of a thug.

sorry but the phrase "they were in fear of their life" is now the battle cry of the police because it's almost impossible to prove otherwise in court , so if you believe that is how thugs think then you have become enlightened as to why people think the police are nothing more than thugs

Posted By: BigBadNIrish
Mayor Emanuel did have control over what information was disseminated to the public -meaning the video

that's not so....it was the State Attorney "Anita Alverez" that claimed that the video was evidence in the investigation and the reason why they didn't release it to the public,

and he had control over the police department

that's a myth, he can fire the tops guys but the rank and file are protected by the Union, remember what happen in New York when during the funeral of a police officer they all turn their backs to the Mayor when he spoke, is that having control?

he had control over the settlement process with the McDonald's, which has all the appearances of attempting to hide the video until well after the Mayoral election.

that's conspiracy theory ... even after the election they still held the video .....it was Anita Alverez that claim that the video was evidence ...Emanuel can not control how she handle evidence during a possible criminal investigation ..
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 252
Police Officers across the county should hold protests…
Posted: 12/2/2015 4:32:07 PM
Yanno Chef, I have to disagree with you again:

that's not so....it was the State Attorney "Anita Alverez" that claimed that the video was evidence in the investigation and the reason why they didn't release it to the public

This is not entirely true. Mayor Emanuel held release of the video after the release was requested by Attorney Generals office:

The Illinois Attorney General's Office is asking the Chicago Police Department to release the video that shows an officer shooting a black teenager 16 times last year, killing him.
In a letter released Wednesday, Assistant Attorney General Neil Olson says the department failed to offer evidence that releasing the video would interfere with an ongoing investigation of the October 2014 shooting death of 17-year-old Laquan McDonald.
http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/Ill-Attorney-General-Asks-Chicago-to-Release-Video-of-Shooting-by-Chicago-Cop-351489991.html

It was just about a year ago that a city whistleblower came to journalist Jamie Kalven and attorney Craig Futterman out of concern that Laquan McDonald’s shooting a few weeks earlier “wasn’t being vigorously investigated,” as Kalven recalls. The source told them “that there was a video and that it was horrific,” he said.

Without that whistleblower—and without that video—it’s highly unlikely that Chicago Police officer Jason Van Dyke would be facing first-degree murder charges today.
http://chicagoreporter.com/how-chicago-tried-to-cover-up-a-police-execution

The video was not release until court ordered on 11/19/2015 as a result of FOI litigation by journalist Jamie Kalven.

that's a myth, he can fire the tops guys but the rank and file are protected by the Union, remember what happen in New York when during the funeral of a police officer they all turn their backs to the Mayor when he spoke, is that having control?

I'm not sure you understand how employment works when there is union representation....The employer may terminate employment of any employee at anytime for any reason (of course just cause is the typical reason)...the union may challenge the termination through the grievance process up through binding arbitration and perhaps court. Therefore, if Mayor Emanuel is the police chiefs boss, who is the boss of all police, then Mayor Emanuel is the boss of all police.

that's conspiracy theory ... even after the election they still held the video .....it was Anita Alverez that claim that the video was evidence ...Emanuel can not control how she handle evidence during a possible criminal investigation ..

The police were in control of the video, not Alvarez (Alvarez may recommend what was done with the video, but the video was "police" evidence)...therefore, Mayor Emanuel was in control of the video.

even after the election they still held the video .....it was Anita Alverez

Yes...that's true...what else is also true is that Alvarez is in a primary race that will be decided in March 2016....Hmmmm....
 aj7125
Msg: 253
Posted: 12/2/2015 6:04:10 PM
funchesf, give it up, your support of Emanuel is something else. Emanuel needs to resign and then enjoy his vacation trip to Cuba. Emanuel, in a election battle and doesn't do a damn thing for a year. The word "relative" can be used so often, even if two subjects are different but they mean the same. Hillary and the lies she has told, her not knowing a thing about Benghazi security issues even though she WAS SOS!! A cover up in Chicago, lies from the SOS. Ahhh, relative indeed. funchesf, you are welcome once again for understanding more on Emanuel, maybe the blinders will slip off after thinking better. It's ok to not drool over every liberal, they like conservatives can be not so good people.
 00Spy
Msg: 254
Posted: 12/2/2015 6:11:31 PM
The police did hold a protest today... They did there jobs in San Bernardino. One cop in a squad car took on the heavily armed "thugs" with just his handgun. He received a wound from a ricochet. The "thugs" had earlier killed 14 and wounded 17.
That's one brave courageous cop!
Thank God for brave Police Officers.
 OswaldSpengler
Msg: 255
Posted: 12/2/2015 7:59:44 PM
Once again , home rule and culturally mutual policing agencies should make inner cities responsible for their own actions.
 deetristate
Msg: 256
Posted: 12/2/2015 8:38:10 PM
LePew:

No officer felt "threatened" enough by Dear or the movie theatre shooter to actually shoot either Dear or the movie theatre shooter even though they had actually killed people and were obviously armed.
But yet they are threatened by someone selling cigarettes or walking away or running away.

You said
" Not even a fair comparison as the circumstances were completely different"
Would you please explain?
What circumstance is completely different from what?

Oswald - What were the cultural differences in San Bernadino of the officers, the shooters and the people killed?
 vlad dracul
Msg: 257
view profile
History
Posted: 12/2/2015 10:18:42 PM
Big yin
"Yanno Trin, I caught that comment as I was proof reading my own, and since then have had time to think about what this racist bigot really wanted to say, because we all know what word "thug" is substituting for. It is shameful (though radical sapsuckers know no shame) that as far as America has come in combating racism that it is, quite clearly, alive and well today."

Now yourself and trin were posting on here way before i was and i appreciate reading both your postings. But.......

You complain of the use of the word thug being used. This big yin after you stating in another post you wear your pc badge with pride. The very same pc that made up a whole raft of terms to brand those yous disagree with. Methinks thou dost protest to much.

As for shermanland combatting 'racism' well thats worked well eh? Just watch a hollywood film. Or even just a tarantino film. The whole raft of meaningless insults liberals throw at normal folk to try and control what they say has blatantly failed. Where are the big shot liberal actors refusing to use racial slurs in their latest big film? Where are their refusal to be shown shooting dozens of folk on screen?

Ooops the bank balance comes first eh?

Maybe the pc word police should be throwing hissy fits at hollywood.

Over here when i was living in london (same area sunny comes from) it caused much amusement when on the bbc or the local newspaper crime section described the perpetrators as 'youths' that was media speak for black. Still good to see the pc liberals now eating themselves like what is going on at that university in shermanland.

Ps radical islam being mentioned on the telly over here for the latest mass shooting in san bernadino.
 OswaldSpengler
Msg: 258
Posted: 12/3/2015 4:46:56 AM
Dee , I feel a police force should reflect the demographic of the neighborhood. San B would probably be latino. ie. if we must accept the muslims keep them segregated. Pork should be OK to serve a the company Christmas Party without mass murder erupting.
 trinity818
Msg: 259
view profile
History
Posted: 12/3/2015 4:52:29 AM

thug
/THəɡ/
noun
noun: thug; plural noun: thugs; noun: Thug
1. a violent person, especially a criminal.

synonyms: ruffian, hooligan, vandal, hoodlum, gangster, villain, criminal; More
informaltough, bruiser, hardman, goon, heavy, enforcer, hired gun, hood

"one of Capone's thugs"

2. historical
a member of a religious organization of robbers and assassins in India. Devotees of the goddess Kali, the Thugs waylaid and strangled their victims, usually travelers, in a ritually prescribed manner. They were suppressed by the British in the 1830s.

Yes. I definitely do want to"complain" about villabolos calling funchesf a "thug". It was totally inappropriate and in this case...racist.
 funchesf
Msg: 260
Posted: 12/3/2015 5:58:07 AM

Yes. I definitely do want to"complain" about villabolos calling funchesf a "thug". It was totally inappropriate and in this case...racist.

my posts generally brings out the racism hidden within the person ....not sure if it's a blessing or a curse

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/Ill-Attorney-General-Asks-Chicago-to-Release-Video-of-Shooting-by-Chicago-Cop-351489991.html

according to the link that you provided ..Emanuel stated that the video wasn't released due to an FBI investigation, ...so unless you're able to submit a link to a top ranking FBI official stating that the FBI wasn't doing an investigation, then Emanuel can't be blamed

I'm not sure you understand how employment works when there is union representation...

how many Unions do you know that can represent an employee that can shoot someone 16 times and keep them from getting charged with a crime or keep their employer from firing them and the employer still pays the employee and the incident was captured on video..if you do not know of such a Union that have that much power... ...allow me to introduce you to The Chicago Police Union

Yes...that's true...what else is also true is that Alvarez is in a primary race that will be decided in March 2016....Hmmmm....

ok...let have it....let hear your Conspiracy Theory

Posted By : aj7125
funchesf, give it up, your support of Emanuel is something else

well actually you don't hear the conservatives complaining ...it's only those pesky liberals such as yourself that's trying to blame Emanuel .....see I've knew you were a closet liberal with a hard on for Hillary

Posted by: 00Spy
He received a wound from a ricochet.

that's code ....which means that the police officer either got shot by a fellow officer or shot himself

Posted by: 00Spy
That's one brave courageous cop!
Thank God for brave Police Officers.

that's the same thing they were saying about Gliniewicz ....until they found out that was a master criminal with suicidal tendencies

Posted By: vlad dracul
Maybe the pc word police should be throwing hissy fits at hollywood.

watch how fast the Scots get pc when you ask them why they wear skirts
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 261
Posted: 12/3/2015 6:36:37 AM

according to the link that you provided ..Emanuel stated that the video wasn't released due to an FBI investigation, ...so unless you're able to submit a link to a top ranking FBI official stating that the FBI wasn't doing an investigation, then Emanuel can't be blamed

First, while the FBI may have been asked to help in the investigation, neither you nor I have any knowledge if the FBI controlled the investigation. If the FBI controlled the investigation then they would have take whatever evidence collected into their possession. That the Chicago police possessed the evidence says it all.

Second, that is the excuse used to keep the video out of the eyes of the public. Anita Alvarez requested the video be released and was denied by Mayor Emanuel.

Third, in all cases, the police hold and control evidence. The states attorney may request the evidence be withheld from the public eye, but it is only a request. Emanuel being the boss of the boss of the police in effect controlled the evidence.

how many Unions do you know that can represent an employee that can shoot someone 16 times and keep them from getting charged with a crime or keep their employer from firing them and the employer still pays the employee and the incident was captured on video..if you do not know of such a Union that have that much power... ...allow me to introduce you to The Chicago Police Union

I'm fairly familiar with labor laws, and I can tell you, with certainty, that if a tape, video or sound, existed showing a gross negligence or crime had been committed by any employee, union or otherwise, most, if not all employers, would terminate that employee's employment.
That the employment of VanDyke was not terminated, or at least suspended, has more to do with the employer, the City of Chicago, than the union. Unions represent labor in contract negotiations and labor disputes. If what you are saying is true (and it's not) then it is a sad reflection on Mayor Emanuel that he is so scared of his labor unions he cannot effectively discipline city employees.

the point of a Union is power, and the police union has deep pockets and lawyers that will take the city to court

Usually, it's to binding arbitration, and occasionally to court. But in nearly every case of gross negligence or misconduct (the exception being police departments) employment is terminated and the grievance process starts.

let hear your Conspiracy Theory

You know chef, we both lack intimate knowledge of the facts here. What I've eluded to is pure conjecture. But, that conjecture is mirrored in a number of news reports.

it's up to the State Attorney "Anita Alvarez" to file those charges in a timely manner and the fact that she didn't

Chef, you've said this...care to ponder why no charges were filed? Could it be, filing charges against a police officer, in the line of duty, while in an election primary, is political suicide?

It was totally inappropriate and in this case...racist.

All, but the most naive of us, know that "thug" is code for the N-word.
 villabolos
Msg: 262
Posted: 12/3/2015 7:08:49 AM
You do that, Trinity. By all mean you should complain.
Most people don't know what is going on in this world. People like you don't even think anything is going on in this world.

What are your opinions of what happened in Ferguson?? Michael Brown just robbed a convenient store. He was walking down the middle of a street. And when a cop asked him to get out of the road, he proceeded to beat the shit out of the cop. Did you not see the pictures of what he did to Officer Darren Wilson??
He was not only walking down the middle of the road.He fitted the profile of the guy who just robbed that store. Did the cop not have a right to stop him??
How would you respond if somebody was beating the shit out of you?? OR better yet, if somebody was raping you??
You fit right in to Obama's America. Don't fight back- be a victim. You are perfect.
Did you hear about the riots that happened in Ferguson because that thug was shot and killed and Officer Wilson was found to be in his right???
How many innocent people had their businesses burned and vandalized after this??
It's very sad, but Michael Brown deserved everything that came his way.
Oh and by the weay, Obama's justice department did a long(unnecessary ) investigation. They determined Officer Wilson was within his right.
If you condone robberies, walking down the middle of the busy streets,rioting, looting, burning buildings down, and beating up and killing the people who work to keep your neighborhoods safe, then you are just as much of a thug as funchest.

I get it though. funchest can ridicule and criticize anything and everything about America.
But cops are not allowed to say their life was in danger..and people are not allowed to call him what he is - a thug.

What "word" were you and irish referring to by the way????
Is it is the word that Dave Chappelle has used in many a skits that had his audience laughing?? Is it the one that is many of his skits that are all over Youtube??
Is it that word that a lot of black people use amongst each other and laugh and have good times over it. But if a non-black person uses it, their career is over.
You are the one who alluded to it. So tell me if I'm right. Are you talking about the word ""??
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 263
Posted: 12/3/2015 7:39:18 AM

Michael Brown just robbed a convenient store.

Shoplifting is technically robbing-I guess.

Oh and by the weay, Obama's justice department did a long(unnecessary ) investigation. They determined Officer Wilson was within his right.

Actually, the DOJ concluded there was not enough prosecutorial evidence to convict Brown:

http://www.justice.gov/sites/default/files/opa/press-releases/attachments/2015/03/04/doj_report_on_shooting_of_michael_brown_1.pdf

The DOJ also concluded:

The Justice Department found that the Ferguson Police Department (FPD) engaged in a pattern or practice of conduct that violates the First, Fourth, and 14th Amendments of the Constitution. The Justice Department also announced that the evidence examined in its independent, federal investigation into the fatal shooting of Michael Brown does not support federal civil rights charges against Ferguson Police Officer Darren Wilson.

A p"pattern of practice" violation of the 1st, 4th, and 14th amendments of the constitution....meaning it was systematic and routine.

funchest can ridicule and criticize anything and everything about America.

Actually, the America he lives in is quite different from the America you live in. His America is full of racists who call him "thug" and codify education and business practices to "keep him where he belongs (in their eyes)...your's does the codifying.

What "word" were you and irish referring to by the way????

The one you've been dying to call chef.

Is it is the word that Dave Chappelle has used in many a skits that had his audience laughing?

Let me explain the nuance of racism....when a black man calls you whitie he's making a racist statement...when a white man calls you whitie he's not.

Is it that word that a lot of black people use amongst each other and laugh and have good times over it. But if a non-black person uses it, their career is over

Yep, that about sums it up.

Are you talking about the word ""??

Why don't you quit all your BSing around and just call chef the N-word...we all know you want to. And while your at it blame him for all your inadequacies, your poor job, your inability to ever really get ahead, your divorce, or whatever else makes your craype life craype...because Lord knows, it ain't your fault!
 villabolos
Msg: 264
Posted: 12/3/2015 7:54:24 AM
Oh I see, the investigation was into Michael Brown then.
They determined there wasn't enough evidence to convict him. Really??? It must of been another 6'9" black guy who robbed that store then. It must of been another 6'9" black guy who beat up Officer Wilson then.
That's not wrong?? that's not a crime??? I'm glad to know I can go rob convenient stores and beat the shit out of people without breaking any laws., I love walking down the middle of streets as well. You should see all the attention I get when I do that at 5:30.
I suppose that would make what Officer Wilson did was wrong - it would make it murder then, right??
That means he would of shot an innocent man then.
Why isn't he in prison??

YOu are so full of shit, irish. YOu just throw stuff out there seeking the approval of others on this site.
It makes your day if somebody agrees with you. Never mind if there is any truth in any of it.
You then run down to your best friends house and tell him all about your day on POF.
Because that's what 59 year old men do.
 funchesf
Msg: 265
Posted: 12/3/2015 7:55:30 AM

Posted By: villabolos
But cops are not allowed to say their life was in danger..and people are not allowed to call him what he is - a thug.

the officer that shot the kid 16 times didn't state that he done so because his life was in danger ...he said that he shot 16 times because "he was in fear of his life" ....so is that police officer also a Thug ...

and as I stated "In fear of my life" is now the phrase police now use .....and according to you it's because they're Thugs ,,you're making the case as to why they should be investigated

Posted By: bigbadnirish
First, while the FBI may have been asked to help in the investigation, neither you nor I have any knowledge if the FBI controlled the investigation

all I'm doing is going by the link that "you yourself" provided, and it states that the video wasn't released due to the FBI investigation, now if you lack the knowledge as to who controlled the investigation....then you shouldn't blame Emanuel until you find out that information and can link Emanuel to it

than the union. Unions represent labor in contract negotiations and labor disputes.

see you keep getting hung up on definitions of a Union, and I'm trying to tell you that perhaps the Union is part of the problem and need to included in the investigation if the department of Justice steps in

You know chef, we both lack intimate knowledge of the facts here. What I've eluded to is pure conjecture. But, that conjecture is mirrored in a number of news reports.

come on...you said "Hummmmm" for a reason ...so don't be shy now...reveal your conspiracy theory
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 266
Posted: 12/3/2015 9:51:25 AM

all I'm doing is going by the link that "you yourself" provided, and it states that the video wasn't released due to the FBI investigation, now if you lack the knowledge as to who controlled the investigation....then you shouldn't blame Emanuel until you find out that information and can link Emanuel to it

Perhaps the issue is that I've read many articles on the Chicago shooting and only posted one...so, how about this one which is a timeline of events:

11/19/15: Judge Orders Release of Video Showing Teen's Shooting Death
11/18/15: Ill. Attorney General Asks Chicago to Release Shooting Video
11/14/15: Emanuel: Hold Release of Video of Shooting
http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/ward-room/Alvarez-Opponents-Question-Timeline-of-Release-of-McDonald-Video-353183351.html

These are all links to articles about the specific period in the timeline.

Please note, that when the judge order the release of the video, he ordered the Chicago police department to release the video, not the Attorney General's office or the FBI.

see you keep getting hung up on definitions of a Union, and I'm trying to tell you that perhaps the Union is part of the problem and need to included in the investigation if the department of Justice steps in

No, I'm not hung up on the definition of "union"...as a former shop steward in 2 different unions and regional president of one, as well as, a long standing member of management (non-union position in both union and non-union shops) I am well aware of labor laws and practices. The issue is not the union in this case, it is a case of police management, for what ever reason, allowing VanDyke to hold his job rather than terminate employment and prosecute this man.

Had you watched the video, you would have seen VanDyke exit his cruiser, and immediately draw his weapon (6 seconds from exiting the car to pulling the trigger) and shoot McDonald, who was clearly not lunging with knife in hand, he was walking casually away with his back turned sideways to the police.

I've watched the video, and so had the Chicago police. And it is clear from the video that McDonald threatened no one. It is clear that VanDyke got out of his cruiser, pulled his weapon, and shot an unarmed man who was walking away. This is indisputable. There is no union protection that can justify VanDykes actions or protect him from termination and prosecution. Therefore, there must be some other reason VanDyke kept his job and had delayed charges.

come on...you said "Hummmmm" for a reason ...so don't be shy now...reveal your conspiracy theory

Chef, I am not the enemy here-no need to get angry at me. For the life of me I can not understand why Emanuel held the video and why Alvarez didn't charge VanDyke (until before 1 hour before the video release.) I seek plausible answers...every one of these answers are all based on clear conjecture at this point...that you don't find one answer plausible and I do just means we're in simple disagreement. You've said Alvarez should be fired because she didn't charge VanDyke earlier. Please explain to me why she held charges, because if you can't, then there's no cause to fire her.

They determined there wasn't enough evidence to convict him. Really???

I gave you the link to go and read the DOJ report yourself, but I can see, as a person of "personal responsibility", you want me to do it for you (hypocrisy)...so here, I've done your reading for you:

IV. Legal Analysis
The evidence discussed above does not meet the standards for presentation of an
indictment set forth in the USAM and in the governing federal law. The evidence is insufficient
to establish probable cause or to prove beyond a reasonable doubt a violation of 18 U.S.C. § 242
and would not be likely to survive a defense motion for acquittal at trial pursuant to Federal Rule
of Criminal Procedure 29(a). ..........

VI. Conclusion
For the reasons set forth above, this matter lacks prosecutive merit and should be closed.
http://www.justice.gov/sites/default/files/opa/press-releases/attachments/2015/03/04/doj_report_on_shooting_of_michael_brown_1.pdf

It's really too bad that I have to do your reading for you...you being one of those "personal responsibility" type persons, and all.
 Maleman999
Msg: 267
Posted: 12/3/2015 9:56:12 AM
What do you think would happen if Joe or Joanne Average Citizen was to go somewhere in public and shoot someone 16 times and claim it was self defense? Did all of the other cops who were on the scene feel their lives were in danger, by some kid who appeared to be walking away? Didn't any of the cops have tasers?

Obviously, in this case, the intent was to murder the suspect. You don't shoot someone 16 times, and think "I hope he's disabled enough to not resist arrest or try to hurt me." This brings up another point. Why, in so many cases where cops shoot someone, the intent is usually to kill the person, instead of shooting the person in an area of the body that will cause enough harm to disable the person, without murdering the person? Afterall, there could be cases where the cops go after the wrong person who happens to be innocent, but the person has the misfortune of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. I can see a shoot to kill scenario if a suspect points a gun at a cop or anyone else, but otherwise, I don't see a need to murder people. It seems like the "innocent until proven guilty" practice doesn't apply in a lot of places. A lot of people practice "Shoot first. Ask questions later."
 deetristate
Msg: 268
Posted: 12/3/2015 10:08:30 AM
Why didn't they:

Release the video
Charge the cop
Fire the cop
Actually investigate themselves rather than hand it off

THEY ARE ALL AFRAID OF THE MAFI. . UH.......POLICE.
 villabolos
Msg: 269
Posted: 12/3/2015 10:33:00 AM

By the way, big bad Irish,here's an account of what happened that day. It also mentions the DOJ's findings and as well as the grand jury findings. YOu wouldn't lie to get attention, would you??? The amount of shots fired?? What he was taking in that store?? the findings?? Do you tell the truth about anything?? You are a fool.
Shooting of Michael Brown

* Darren Wilson (police officer)
* Michael Brown (deceased)
* Dorian Johnson (accompanied Brown)

Deaths Michael Brown
Non-fatal injuries Darren Wilson (during struggle)
Charges None filed
Litigation Wrongful death lawsuit pending

The shooting of Michael Brown occurred on August 9, 2014, in Ferguson, Missouri, a northern suburb of St. Louis. Brown, an 18-year-old African-American male, was fatally shot by Darren Wilson, 28, a white Ferguson police officer. The disputed circumstances of the shooting of the unarmed young man sparked existing tensions in the majority-black city, and protests and civil unrest erupted. The events received considerable attention in the U.S. and elsewhere, attracted protesters from outside the region, and generated a vigorous debate about the relationship between law enforcement and African Americans, and police use of force doctrine in Missouri and nationwide.

Shortly before the shooting, Brown stole several packages of cigarillos from a nearby convenience store and shoved the store clerk. Brown was accompanied by his friend Dorian Johnson.[2] Wilson had been notified by police dispatch of the robbery and descriptions of the two suspects. He encountered Brown and Johnson as they were walking down the middle of the street. Wilson said that he realized that the two men matched the robbery suspects' descriptions.[3][4] Wilson backed up his cruiser and blocked them. An altercation ensued with Brown and Wilson struggling through the window of the police vehicle for control of Wilson's gun until it was fired.[5] Brown and Johnson then fled, with Wilson in pursuit of Brown. Brown stopped and turned to face the officer, then Brown moved toward him.[6] Wilson fired at Brown several times in total, all shots striking him in the front, with the possible exception of the two bullets fired into Brown's right arm.[7] In the entire altercation, Wilson fired a total of twelve bullets;[8] the last was probably the fatal shot.[9][10][11] Brown was unarmed and moving toward Wilson when the final shots were fired. Witness reports differed as to what Brown was doing with his hands when he was shot, but none of the witnesses who said that Brown had his hands up in surrender were later found to be credible.[12]

The shooting sparked unrest in Ferguson. The "hands up" account was widely circulated immediately after the shooting and it contributed to the strong protests and outrage about the killing of the unarmed man. It was not proved inaccurate until months later.[13] Believing accounts that Brown had his hands up in surrender when he was shot, protesters chanted, "Hands up, don't shoot." Protests, both peaceful and violent, along with vandalism and looting, continued for more than a week in Ferguson; police established a nightly curfew. The response of area police agencies in dealing with the protests was strongly criticized by the media and politicians. There were concerns over insensitivity, tactics, and a militarized response. Missouri Governor Jay Nixon ordered local police organizations to cede much of their authority to the Missouri State Highway Patrol.

A grand jury was called and given extensive evidence from Robert McCulloch, the St. Louis County Prosecutor, in a highly unusual process. On November 24, 2014, McCulloch announced that the St. Louis County grand jury had decided not to indict Wilson.[14] On March 4, 2015, the U.S. Department of Justice reported the conclusion of its own investigation and cleared Wilson of civil rights violations in the shooting. It found that witnesses who corroborated the officer's account were credible, and it was also supported by forensic evidence. Witnesses who had incriminated him were not credible, including some who admitted they had not directly seen the events.[15][13] According to the evidence, Wilson shot Michael Brown in self-defense.[16][17]

If it could be proven it was in self-defense, I'm pretty sure the person would get off. I sure hope so.

Michael Brown was not an innocent soul.
Even great liberals such as Bill Maher said he deserved what he got. Look around on the internet and you'll see many black people in Ferguson are in agreement with that as well.
Was he not coming back tot Wilson when the officer unloaded his gun into him?? According to the grand jury findings, he was.
Many "witnesses" gave conflicting stories about what happened. When they got in front of the grand jury, it was determined they flat out lied about what they saw.

If somebody beat the shit out of me for doing my job, and if I had a gun on me, they would have more than 12 shots inside of them.

I'm going to go out and knock off some convenient stores now. And then in a most arrogant manner, I'm going to walk down the middle of the road. Then when the cops stop and tell me to get out of the road and question me, I'm going to beat the shit out of the black cop. Then after they shoot me dead, the town is going to be burned down!!
That's the new America right there!!

Abortion...who cares about an innocent life that can't speak for itself. 4,000 or so a day...a good majority of them in black areas...good - be done with the kids. We don't want them. Cut their brains out.
But when a thug like Michael Brown is shot, all hell brakes loose. There is more concern over that criminal than there is over people who breathe, move, have body parts, but just can't speak for themselves.

In the new America, if a black person calls a white person "white", that's racism.
I'm going to file lawsuits until people lose their careers.
According to irish, that must mean a white person calling a black person black is the equivalent of calling them a ni_ _ _ _.

Don't fight back either. If you are getting raped, robbed, or about to be murdered, and especially if it is a black person doing it to you, just sit there and be a victim.
Any resistance at all is racism.

Anything white or Christian is wrong.

When in doubt, just lie about it.

That's the self-hating America of 2016

There are no guarantees this country will always be here. Keep tearing down and soon you will reap what you sew.

trinity818
Msg: 270
view profile
History
Posted: 12/3/2015 11:11:58 AM

You do that, Trinity. By all mean you should complain.

As I did. I called you out for the racist that you are acting like.

People like you don't even think anything is going on in this world.

That's just plain ignorant. You have no idea whatsoever what "I'm like".
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 271
Posted: 12/3/2015 11:38:34 AM

YOu ought to read your link again, irish.

Why? you want me to read and interpret it for you...again? I know you've not read the DOJ report, because if you read all 81 pages, well, you wouldn't be posting for a few days as you slogged through it.

here's an account of what happened that day

I'm glad you found a one page summary that you could get through in one day instead of slogging through the 81 pages of the DOJ report (which might take...longer)

YOu wouldn't lie to get attention, would you???

Nope

The amount of shots fired??

To my knowledge I've never commented on the number of shots fired.

What he was taking in that store??

I've said Brown shoplifted cigarillos..am I wrong?

the findings??

To the best of my knowledge I've only commented on the DOJ findings:

IV. Legal Analysis
The evidence discussed above does not meet the standards for presentation of an
indictment set forth in the USAM and in the governing federal law. The evidence is insufficient
to establish probable cause or to prove beyond a reasonable doubt a violation of 18 U.S.C. § 242
and would not be likely to survive a defense motion for acquittal at trial pursuant to Federal Rule
of Criminal Procedure 29(a). ..........

VI. Conclusion
For the reasons set forth above, this matter lacks prosecutive merit and should be closed.

If I'm lying-the the DOJ is lying.

Do you tell the truth about anything??

Frankly, I don't think you have the mental capacity to understand what I've written...I believe your hatred for all things "black" distorts your capacity to clearly think things through. You're a racist without a clue.

In the new America, if a black person calls a white person "white", that's racism.
I'm going to file lawsuits until people lose their careers.
According to irish, that must mean a white person calling a black person black is the equivalent of calling them a ni_ _ _ _.

This is just an ignorant obtrusive comment! White is not the same as whitie...black is not the same as thug...and we do know that thug is code of the N-word. Racists have no shame in attempting to justify their racism.

Don't fight back either. If you are getting raped, robbed, or about to be murdered, and especially if it is a black person doing it to you, just sit there and be a victim.
Any resistance at all is racism.

Anything white or Christian is wrong.

That's the self-hating America of 2016

There are no guarantees this country will always be here. Keep tearing down and soon you will reap what you sew.

Keep on justifying your racism...it suits you.

If somebody beat the shit out of me for doing my job, and if I had a gun on me, they wouldl have more than 16 shots inside of them.

This is the reason there should be a psychiatric exam require before any gun purchase.

Why, in so many cases where cops shoot someone, the intent is usually to kill the person, instead of shooting the person in an area of the body that will cause enough harm to disable the person, without murdering the person?

Mal, as I understand it, police are trained to shoot to kill. They do not have the luxury of knowing if a disarming shot will actually disarm. This part I get...there's lots of bad guys out there with no respect for human life.

But, VanDyke shot McDonald 16 times (the first shot took McDonald down-the other 15 finished him off) within 6 seconds of stopping his cruiser. It is reported he was trying to reload after emptying his gun.

I just looked at video~ I've been trying to avoid it but have watched it and I can't relate to stories of him beating the police up or holding a knife or any of it.... I had to check if it's the right video

It's the right video..and it is hard to watch...it took 6 seconds from the time VanDyke stops his car and exits to start shooting McDonald.

It also says about something of paying family 5 million not to realise the video...

If what I've read is true, this would be a distortion of the facts....what I've read is a $5 million settlement was reached and as part of that settlement the City required the McDonald's and their attorney not release the video (which they had a copy of)

I feel it was hush money

I understand why you might think this...it's the appearance of impropriety...this is what I've been discussing with chef...that the video and criminal charges were so long in coming, "appears" to support the possibility that Mayor Emanuel and attorney Alvarez were waiting for their election results.
 BBEisBack
Msg: 272
view profile
History
Posted: 12/3/2015 1:58:28 PM

Posted By: villabolos

Posted By:funchesf.
the officer that shot the kid 16 times didn't state that he done so because his life was in danger ...he said that he shot 16 times because "he was in fear of his life" ....so is that police officer also a Thug ...

and as I stated "In fear of my life" is now the phrase police now use .....and according to you it's because they're Thugs ,,you're making the case as to why they should be investigated

OFFS, You're just throwing sh!t against the Wall, hoping it will stick...
"In fear of my life", is how one would Verbalize, "they thought/felt their life was in danger"......

It doesn't matter if they're a Police Officer or not....

If someone kicks in my front door, with a Gun in their hand & I shoot them....

My statement to the Police, will be, "I was in fear of My life"!
I will shoot, till the threat is no longer a threat....
No more, no less.....
The 1st shot, could be a Fatal one, eventually, but if they're still fighting, I'm still shooting....
 funchesf
Msg: 273
Posted: 12/3/2015 4:02:01 PM

Perhaps the issue is that I've read many articles on the Chicago shooting and only posted one...so, how about this one which is a timeline of events:

these links you are placing up are not telling the story ...the links mention nothing about Anita Alvarez refusal to release other videos of other police shootings...at least 4 that I know of .....if you think that the McDonald case is bad it's nothing compare to what Anita Alvarez did in the case of a police office name "Dante Servin" ..research articles on "Dante Servin" for a glimpse of what is going on and why they want Alvarez to resign

No, I'm not hung up on the definition of "union"...as a former shop steward in 2 different unions and regional president of one, as well as, a long standing member of management (non-union position in both union and non-union shops) I am well aware of labor laws and practices

unless those Union you were a shop steward for used Jimmy Hoffa tactics and used baseball bats to negotiate then they are not on the same level as The Chicago Police Union which represent a group of people with guns that can shoot harass threaten arrest intimidate and violate the civil rights of the citizens they supposedly serve without any repercussions

Chef, I am not the enemy here-no need to get angry at me

how is asking for your original thoughts about the election of Anita Alvarez a sign of being angry...especially since you are the one that brought it up .....you either have some Conspiracy theories about the election or you don't ...but if you do....let's hear them

Posted By: BBEisback
"In fear of my life", is how one would Verbalize, "they thought/felt their life was in danger"......

of course your life is in danger you're a police officer did you think you were joining the girl scouts

and that is why when it comes to going to court....the police now say that they were in fear of their life because it give the fear a specific point in time and help take the focus off of them being a police officer

Posted By: BBEisback
It doesn't matter if they're a Police Officer or not....

I can guarantee you it would matter if you shot and killed a police officer because you would be charge and in jail and probably have a nightstick shoved up your aspe

but if the officer shot and killed you they would be going home and watching your death on the Nightly News...
 ChaoticSphere
Msg: 274
Posted: 12/3/2015 4:09:56 PM

but if the officer shot and killed you they would be going home and watching your death on the Nightly News

Only on the local media and briefly!
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 275
Posted: 12/3/2015 4:49:28 PM

And they certainly wouldn't lie would they,~ honestly Irish you have so much faith in the higher up~ they don't deserve this loyalty really

I think the farther away from an incident like this the truer the findings. That being said the DOJ report and the one page wiki summary presented in one of the prior posts are not dissimilar. I don't know why you'd accuse the DOJ of lying and be silent on the wiki summary, which implies wiki is telling the truth. That is inconsistent.

it will end up being every cop clumped together and blamed for some other cops actions:(

Rational people won't clump all together for the deeds of the few...yet, racists would have you believe all that is wrong with America stands on the shoulders of "blacks", or "thugs", if you will, clumping the actions of the few with the whole.

paying hush money it's corrupt:(

I found an interesting article on "hush money"

Inside Rahm Emanuel’s Vote to Silence Laquan McDonald’s Family
How the vote to pay $5 million to the slain teen’s family—in exchange for not releasing the video of his death—may have helped the mayor get re-elected.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/12/02/inside-rahm-emanuel-s-vote-to-silence-laquan-mcdonald-s-family.html

these links you are placing up are not telling the story

Well, here's a quote from one of the articles the links provide:

The Illinois attorney general's office asked police to release the footage earlier this week.
Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel pushed back, saying it would be premature to release the video because of an ongoing FBI investigation.
The video has been requested before. A journalist previously filed a public records request for the video, along with the Illinois attorney general’s office, but the city refused, alleging its release would hinder the investigation and prevent a fair trial.

In a letter released Wednesday, however, Asst. Attorney General Neil Olson said the police department failed to offer evidence that releasing the video would interfere with the investigation.
http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/Judge-to-Decide-on-Release-of-Laquan-McDonald-Video-351741261.html

And:

Cook County Judge Franklin Valderrama told a packed courtroom Thursday the department must reveal the dashcam footage that captures the death of 17-year-old Laquan McDonald in October 2014 at the hands of a white police officer. He added that he "spent a considerable amount of time" making his decision.

Valderrama said police must release the footage by Nov. 25 and denied the city's request for an immediate stay after the decision.
http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/Judge-to-Decide-on-Release-of-Laquan-McDonald-Video-351741261.html

Please note the judge ordered the police to release the tapes...not the states attorney or the FBI.

the links mention nothing about Anita Alvarez refusal to release other videos of other police shootings.

No, they don't do they. Because we haven't talked about any other case-ever...but, NOW you want to bring up 4 different cases? Now why is that? (pssst...I know...you can't admit you were wrong)

unless those Union you were a shop steward for used Jimmy Hoffa tactics and used baseball bats to negotiate then they are not on the same level as The Chicago Police Union which represent a group of people with guns that can shoot harass threaten arrest intimidate and violate the civil rights of the citizens they supposedly serve without any repercussions

I see, it's only your conspiracy theories that have any merit...and this ones a doozy. Funny thing is...only you have come up with this conspiracy theory...not one article I've read (and I think I've read as much or more than anyone here on this case) draws your conclusions.

...especially since you are the one that brought it up .....you either have some Conspiracy theories about the election or you don't ...but if you do....let's hear them

I've answered 14 different ways my same answer, but you refuse to accept it-just look back for the past 3 or 4 posts...go ahead and ask again...all I'm gonna do is tell you to read my past posts for my answer.

how is asking for your original thoughts about the election of Anita Alvarez a sign of being angry

Seriously? You think it's just one comment that leads me to say this??? Your answers and accusations sound angry...on so many issues we're in agreement, but not all of this one...rather than agree to disagree...you don't and won't...and I'm fine with that...but, I think you're not...and that makes me sad.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Police Officers across the county should hold protests…