Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Police Officers across the county should hold protests…      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 301
Police Officers across the county should hold protests…Page 13 of 21    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21)

so I'm pretty sure if any of them are on surveillance video eating for Free or engaged in other shenanigans they probably would be glad that either you or the police erased those video files

Would his be an example of:

Witch Hunt

Would that be:

pointing fingers

In which you:

didn't have knowledge or specific information

How odd you would accuse others of doing what you've done here and all along with Anita Alvarez (not that there's not good reason to point the finger of accusation at her)

mistake it as anger

No mistaking it..the anger bleeds thru the keyboard and onto the screen.

How Rude

Yes it is rude of you not to answer the question: "Please show the "black letter law" that shows the States Attorney controls evidence in criminal investigations."...instead you've ignored, deflected, and trolled...anything but give an honest answer...you lack the integrity to answer honestly that you don't have this information and are doing just as we are.

I've asked you questions in order to get you to admit that you were a layman and didn't have knowledge or specific information

Let me breakdown this comment. First, I answered honestly about your "black letter law" question about what gives the police the authority to control evidence in criminal investigations. Yet, you lack the honest integrity to answer my question in return. And in every other question you've I've answered your questions-as a person sitting at a keyboard-just like you. So, let me ask you this, in addition to the "black letter law" question, what knowledge or specific information or expertise do you have that makes you an expert in this case?

you also live in a fantasy world when it comes to Unions

No, this is actually the one area in which I am the "expert" (when compared to the rest of the forum) and do have "expertise" (when compared to the rest of the forum)

present a synopsis of the worst infraction that an employee in your Union committed that went to negotiations

I can see you know very little about unions, and specifically, the grievance process.

Every infraction an employee committed, in which there was disciple administered, went into negotiations when I was a union rep if the employee filed a grievance. The initial discussion, prior to filing a grievance, is a negotiation, the discussion with management, after the grievance is filed, is a negotiation, the discussion with labor relations is a negotiation, the discussion at arbitration is a negotiation. And all these discussions and negotiations are made with one specific point in mind...to remove the discipline the employee received or reduce that discipline.

I can assure you that no infraction an employee committed reached the level of murder. Though many resulted in termination-whether it was an immediate termination, or termination due to escalating discipline. And I do not see what bearing these infractions I been involved with, in both defending while a union rep or accusing when in management, have in this case-other than to satisfy some crude notion you're attempting to make.

But what is your specific knowledge or expertise here that makes anything you say more valid then anyone else's? I've proved your comments wrong in a number of instances here...you have not the honest integrity to either admit you were wrong, or present information, in an honest manner, to prove you were right.

mistake jokes as anger

I think not...you're angry and it shows.

which sort of points to you as the one with the anger issues.

Oh gawd, the old "I'm rubber you're glue" argument! You stoop too low, and protest too much.
 cotter
Msg: 302
view profile
History
Police Officers across the county should hold protests…
Posted: 12/5/2015 9:19:48 AM
Message 309 ...

Posted By: cotter
If I had been an employee of that Burger King ... I think I would have done my best to smuggle a surveillance tape out of there before the police got in there and messed with anything.

because some of the employees are on the video eating burgers for free

Then ...
Message 319 ...

That remark was a waste of time.

Any place I've ever worked that serves food ... gives the employees free food! Even the nursing home gave us nurses free food. All jails I've ever worked in gave all the medical staff and the deputies free food. I worked at White Castle in high school ... I was allowed to eat anything I wanted and as much as I wanted ... FREE!

I'm happy that you got to eat Free at White Castle, but if go back and read your post you mention Burger King, which pay minimum wage and their employees don't eat ...FREE

I called several Burger Kings in my immediate area and then several in the out-lying areas of Columbus. Every single one of them told me that it is up to the franchise owner as to whether or not the employees eat free. Additionally, some told me that their employees were allowed to have a certain amount free and they had to eat it on the property ... i.e. no bagging up food and taking home to feed your family.

so I'm pretty sure if any of them are on surveillance video eating for Free or engaged in other shenanigans they probably would be glad that either you or the police erased those video files
I seriously doubt any of those workers would have given a crap if they had been caught eating burgers or throwing a piece of ice at a co-worker behind the bosses back on the clock.

However, I do see a pattern developing here ... ... you're a SNOB and you're also prejudice against minimum-wage workers.

Those minimum-wage workers (scum and dumb-asses that they are?) at fast food joints have nothing better to do than wolf down burgers and pull all kinds of shenanigans in their spare time? (Hint, I used to do homework in my spare time since I was still in high school and then attending college.)

When I was working at "White Castle", the minimum wage was $1.60 per hour and I'm pretty sure I wasn't even getting that as they knew a lot of waitresses were getting tips. If I was working the back griddle (as opposed to the counter or as a car hop), I got no tips. Maybe that's why they told us we could eat for FREE. Even though I was still living at home, I needed every dime I could earn. As a data entry clerk, I only earned $350.00 per month back then. (Whoo hoo ... life was such a breeze ... eh?)

How about you give this a try ... let's see how much effort you are willing to put into convincing me that those employees in there had nothing better to do than goof off and eat on the bosses tab while the police were outside pumping some innocent kid full of 16 rounds of bullets right in front of their restaurant.

As for my original statement ... If I had been an employee of that Burger King ... ... just insert any business name there and the statement still stands.
 gtomustang
Msg: 303
Posted: 12/5/2015 10:04:57 AM
Guns aren't a religion? Man, you don't know any gun lovers :) ever see the bumpersticker about cold dead fingers? Charlie Heston holding up a rifle like a sacred worship object at an NRA rally? they are some dedicated people, and the whackjobs sure are thinking about the afterlife. Still, Allie Babba with a scrimtar doesn't do the damage of 2,000 rifle rounds.

Islam--which believes Jesus was a prophet--isn't compatable with Western Culture? well, apparently them folks gave us a bit of science and I believe astronomy and our number symbols came from India via Arab traders. I could do the research, but for fun, i'll suggest this site just for a start:

https://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20061029233230AAEOSRI

I found that just by googling what islam gave the west, and there's a few interesting points to argue. I won't take credit for them, let 'em stand on their own. interested people will either look or not, so I won't waste the bandwidth here. but for sure, Christianity has a long, looong history of attacking the followers of other religions, even the Old Testament tells the stories of Judaism fighting other religions and cultures for land. We Christians coming to America sure drove the heathens out. Heck, the Nazis used Christianity as an excuse from time to time. Spanish Inquition. and so on.

which of course brings up the question, do any of these violent groups really represent religion? Banning Muslims won't stop what happened twice in Colorado by white weirdos. Oh, but it may cut down on the shootings. Hey, if the non-Muslims can't easily access weapons in order to become active shooters any time they decide to be one, that can cut down on the shootings even more.
 OswaldSpengler
Msg: 304
Posted: 12/5/2015 10:16:33 AM
GTO . You are so pre occupied with your rear view that you are easily going to get "farooked" again.

Incidently , most "nazis" then and now ; are cosmotheist. Hitler was quite infatuated with the "Thule" While todays NS follows a strong anti Christian dogma. Just a couple of reasons why I personally find the philosophy ineffectual.
 funchesf
Msg: 305
Posted: 12/5/2015 10:21:52 AM

Posted By: bigbadnirish
How odd you would accuse others of doing what you've done here and all along with Anita Alvarez (not that there's not good reason to point the finger of accusation at her)

actually Anita Alvarez pointed the finger at herself when she admitted that she had the video for over a year but yet failed to file charges ....see how you're now trying to make me guilty of something Anita admitted to .....that's what happens in a Witch Hunt...people get paranoid and start accusing everyone of being Witches ...good thing I'm a Warlock

Oh gawd, the old "I'm rubber you're glue" argument! You stoop too low, and protest too much.

is that what you say when you negotiate at the Union .... it's a wonder they didn't call a Chicago police to shoot you

I can assure you that no infraction an employee committed reached the level of murder.

then clearly your Union is not on the same Level as The Chicago police Union ...so once you have an employee that goes postal at the workplace and kills someone claiming "they were in fear of their life"....then let's talk

you're a SNOB and you're also prejudice against minimum-wage workers.

or perhaps I'm a snob against "the minimum wage" that people are place in a position that they have to sneak food to save money and it was captured on video tape

so since you always claiming how you're so willing to be Mother Teresa to everyone .... let see if you're a snob .....so would you erase the burger king video to help your co-worker keep their job ... yes or no
 deetristate
Msg: 306
Posted: 12/5/2015 10:52:17 AM
Keeping snakes out of your yard reduces chances of being bitten. Bringing a dog other than a pit bull homes reduces the chance of attack against you and everyone else.

Have you open home people contacted DHS about letting some stay with you or next door?

Why do anti religion people focus on Christianity? Did some member of a Christian terrorist group kill and blow up people while saying "praise Jesus" or "jesus is lord" and I didn't hear about it? In this century?
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 307
Posted: 12/5/2015 12:29:33 PM

actually Anita Alvarez pointed the finger at herself when she admitted that she had the video for over a year but yet failed to file charges

Yep, she had "access" to the video for 13 months.

see how you're now trying to make me guilty of something Anita admitted to

Nope, what you have done is accuse the Burger King employees of theft, something that you have no personal or specific knowledge of. In effect you're engaging in a "witch hunt"

is that what you say when you negotiate at the Union

No, it's what I say to all posters who present the childish "I'm rubber" argument.

it's a wonder they didn't call a Chicago police to shoot you

Such an angry statement.

then clearly your Union is not on the same Level as The Chicago police Union

And I ask again: Please state your specific expertise and specific knowledge of unions and how they work.

so once you have an employee that goes postal at the workplace and kills someone claiming "they were in fear of their life"....then let's talk

ROFLMAO....this statement is so illogical in the context of our discussion...and let me tell you why...when someone goes postal in the workplace the last ones that get involved is the union...in this instance the union is totally uninvolved...it is totally a matter for the police...I know this seems odd to you, but that's only because you don't know and apparently have no specific knowledge of union employer workings.

I'm a snob

Please, don't be so hard on yourself.

Let me bring up one other issue of your flawed logic:

you were a layman and didn't have knowledge or specific information

When I admitted that I could not find any "black letter law" stating that police control release of evidence in criminal cases and that as a layman I wouldn't have any specific knowledge of this...well, just because I don't have this specific knowledge does not mean you do, nor does it mean you have any level of expertise...it only means I don't, and furthermore, I've presented specif information to prove my POV...that you've attempted to dispute with totally incorrect information-which I've proved time and time again...if effect, you've proven you don't know what you're talking about.

So, unless you can provide that "black letter law" (whatever that is) or provide knowledge of expertise...well, then all you've proved is that you're a troll trollin' the daylights out of me.
 deetristate
Msg: 308
Posted: 12/5/2015 1:30:52 PM
If anyone REALLY wants to know:
ILL. AG

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/ilcs/ilcs3.asp?ActID=193&ChapterID=4

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/ilcs/ilcs4.asp?ActID=750&ChapterID=12&SeqStart=36200000&SeqEnd=37600000
 funchesf
Msg: 309
Posted: 12/5/2015 2:16:48 PM

Posted By: Sunnydaysss
Anita Alvarez is a state attorney~ From what I can see it is there duty to prosecute?

right ...it's the duty of her office to bring criminal charges and then prosecute, so she had the video for over a year and refuse to release it to the public because she claim it was evidence in an ongoing investigation which was also the reason she used to not file charges against the officer

so then everyone started blaming Emanuel, Emanuel didn't want the video release until Alvarez filed charges against the officer because he was in fear that once the public view the video and no charges were filed that it would be a riot but again she refuse to release the video or file charges

then the Attorney General "Lisa Madigan" tried to go around the authority of Anita Alvarez and asked the police to release the video but they also refuse to release it stating that it was evidence in an ongoing investigation, so Lisa Madigan went to a judge

only when a judge deem that the video was not evidence and must be released to the public by November 25th is when Alvarez found herself in trouble, so she filed charges against the officer a couple of days before the video was to be released which made it seem as if she was forced to file against the officer and that there some sort of coverup

By: Sunnydaysss
Irish ~Funchesf isn't angry it's his humour~ :))))))

BY JOVE I THINK SHE'S GOT IT ....
oops....now BigBadNIrish will start claiming that all caps is a sign of anger inducing him to become more angry ...

BigBadNIrish
And I ask again: Please state your specific expertise and specific knowledge of unions and how they work.

as I stated earlier, until your Union stop representing Rebecca of Sunnybrook farm and start representing Steven Segal and Dirty Harry...then let's talk about Unions
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 310
Posted: 12/5/2015 2:17:51 PM
#322 says

Islam--which believes Jesus was a prophet--isn't compatable with Western Culture?

Not really; this isn't something that even Jews consider 'compatible'
Its true that Jesus is viewed as a (failed) prophet by Islam but that is where it stops.
Praying to Jesus (or any prophet including Mohammed) is considered blasphemous by pious Muslims
The credo goes: "there is no God but Alla, and Muhammed is his prophet". This is non negotiable!

apparently them folks gave us a bit of science and I believe astronomy and our number symbols came from India via Arab traders.

What ever scientific advancements that have been made under any religion has little to do with how compatible its belief systems might be with other cultures.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 311
Posted: 12/5/2015 4:33:19 PM

Emanuel didn't want the video release until Alvarez filed charges against the officer because he was in fear that once the public view the video and no charges were filed that it would be a riot but again she refuse to release the video or file charges

It's funny that you say that when Mayor Emanuel has claimed he never watched the video until the day it was released.

It is also funny, that after all this time claiming Alvarez was in control of the video, you now say Emanuel didn't want to release the video. Which side of your mouth will you use next?

I watched the video, as many of you did. Until it was released to the public, the mayor insisted he hadn't seen it, even though he called it "hideous" the other day.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/kass/ct-laquan-mcdonald-video-kass-met-1125-20151124-column.html

then the Attorney General "Lisa Madigan" tried to go around the authority of Anita Alvarez and asked the police to release the video but they also refuse to release it stating that it was evidence in an ongoing investigation, so Lisa Madigan went to a judge

Now you're just making shyte up. Madigan did ask the police to release the video, because they were in control of the video, but the order to release the video was the direct result of FOI litigation by a Chicago reporter.

The freelance journalist whose lawsuit forced the Chicago Police Department to release video of a fatal police shooting of a black teenager says he was barred from attending a news conference with the mayor and police superintendent on Tuesday.
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/26/us/reporter-who-forced-release-of-laquan-mcdonald-video-is-barred-from-news-event.html?_r=0

Apparently, you just make shyte up or are a liar who makes shyte up.

only when a judge deem that the video was not evidence and must be released to the public by November 25th is when Alvarez found herself in trouble, so she filed charges against the officer a couple of days before the video was to be released which made it seem as if she was forced to file against the officer and that there some sort of coverup

Holy Cow...are we talking about the same case? Are you just making shyte up...again?

Alvarez filed charges just hours before the video was released on 11/24/15....not days.

Nov. 24: Cook County State's Attorney Anita Alvarez announces she is charging Van Dyke with first-degree murder. Hours later, Chicago police release the video, sparking several days of protests.
http://www.nwherald.com/2015/12/01/timeline-laquan-mcdonald-shooting-fallout-from-video-of-chicago-cop-shooting-teen-being-released/aahuawz/

until your Union

Until you can prove what specific knowledge or expertise you have with regards to unions and labor relations you are just some sleazy Philidelphia lawyer who says anything that comes to mind regardless of just how wrong it is. I amend my statement about lacking integrity...you not only lack integrity you are a liar.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 312
Posted: 12/5/2015 4:42:41 PM

>"Apparently, you just make shyte up or are a liar who makes shyte up"

You's angry :(

I guess I'm just calling it as I see it.
 cotter
Msg: 313
view profile
History
Posted: 12/5/2015 5:14:21 PM
Message 324 ...

you're a SNOB and you're also prejudice against minimum-wage workers.

or perhaps I'm a snob against "the minimum wage" ...
Perhaps, but I can't sense that in the way you post ... it's not all that obvious. You seem more interested in making snarky, snide remarks about (in your opinion) the illicit behaviors of "under-paid" employees that had a murder going down right in front of their place of employment.

I mean, that kind of shyte goes on all the time so why wouldn't they just keep doing their usual ... sneak food (steal from their employer?) and go on with all their shenanigans. Fvck the guy who's getting pumped full of lead ... eh?

I suppose there is the possibility too that you are asserting / insinuating / assuming that just because a person is working a "minimum-wage" job, that they would sneak food to save money?

The assertion goes even further (in your statement) that such people would be willing to overlook evidence of murder in order to hide that they might be (not even sure if it is against the rules) "sneaking" food or up to "shenanigans".

so since you always claiming how you're so willing to be Mother Teresa to everyone ....
I'm not sure what that means ... care to explain it?

let see if you're a snob .....
I am not a SNOB ... I came from nothing and got no hand-outs ... worked hard for everything I have and have helped a lot of other people along the way with no expectation of anything in return.

so would you erase the burger king video to help your co-worker keep their job ... yes or no
No ... absolutely not. No, I would not erase a (insert any business name) video to help a co-worker keep their job. Like I said, I have worked hard for everything I have and I hold others to those same standards.

Shows how much "real work" experience you really have. I have never worked in any establishment where it was acceptable to break rules or steal. If someone does that, they are on their own. (Hope that doesn't shatter your image of me!)

Every employee goes through the same orientation and knows the rules. You break the rules, you suffer the consequences. When I have to train new employees, I train them not to break the rules. I have worked in jails and the first thing they tell you is ... YOU ARE ON CAMERA. If you break the rules, we will see it and you will be asked to leave ... and probably not in a very nice way!

My reply to that is ... I always work like I'm on camera. Why would you do otherwise? My theory is ... if you follow the rules and behave yourself appropriately, you should never be concerned if you are on camera or not. Hmmm ... the same should go for police officers!

Maybe those "minimum-wage" workers were not breaking any rules ... certainly they had to know they were ON CAMERA! And hopefully, even if they weren't doing what was expected on the clock ... let's hope they still had the balls to want justice for the poor kid who just got pumped full of lead by a murderer.

It occurs to me if the police were really working as if they were ON CAMERA ... they might not have to go in and edit any wrong-doing from surveillance cameras ... if indeed that's what they were doing? Just sayin' ....

(PS ... do you know for a fact that particular "Burger King" does not allow their employees to have food ... for FREE?)
 funchesf
Msg: 314
Posted: 12/6/2015 7:05:35 AM

It's funny that you say that when Mayor Emanuel has claimed he never watched the video until the day it was released.

before the video was release Emanuel held a New Conference and said that he found the video "disturbing" which mean he had to have viewed it days before it was released ...

are you getting your inaccurate information from... Ear Witness News, Eye Witness News or Mouth Witness News

Now you're just making shyte up. Madigan did ask the police to release the video, because they were in control of the video, but the order to release the video was the direct result of FOI litigation by a Chicago reporter.

nope sorry...Attorney General Lisa madigan went to the police and the judge to cover her "apse" because as Attorney General if she failed to do anything about the release of the video they would have done to her the same thing you are trying to do to Mayor Emanuel

Apparently, you just make shyte up or are a liar who makes shyte up.

you not only lack integrity you are a liar.

you are just some sleazy Philidelphia lawyer

temper temper bigbadnirish ....are you sure I'm the one that's angry?

Until you can prove what specific knowledge or expertise you have with regards to unions and labor relations

you've already admitted that your Union never had to negotiate any infractions that rose to the level of murder or shootings ..... Chicago Police Union deals with this on a daily basis .....which is why you shouldn't have even dragged your Union into this conversation ...it can't run with the big dogs

I am not a SNOB ... I came from nothing and got no hand-outs ...

but didn't you claim in "msg 314" that you worked at White Castle in high school ...and that you were allowed to eat anything you wanted and as much as you wanted ... FREE!

so can you agree that it appears that we have a slight contradiction going on here?

by eating for "FREE" ...is that considered a "hand-out" ....or a "five finger discount"

Shows how much "real work" experience you really have. I have never worked in any establishment where it was acceptable to break rules or steal. If someone does that, they are on their own. (Hope that doesn't shatter your image of me!)

yes it does shatter my image of you because in "msg 299" you posted If you had been an employee of that Burger King ... you think you would have done your best to smuggle a surveillance tape out of there before the police got in there and messed with anything.

so in one post you claim that you would never break rules or steal and in another post you claim that you would "smuggle" evidence

so can you agree that we have a slight contradiction going on here ...you don't steal you smuggle?

and the worst part about it is just like they have a tape of the police "smuggling" the video, they would have had you on video stealing... oops...sorry.... I meant "smuggling" the video too ....

so now let's see what type of morals you have ......should you have been placed in jail for smuggling evidence?
 OswaldSpengler
Msg: 315
Posted: 12/6/2015 7:26:44 AM
Shhhhhh. Don't discuss Chicago. With any luck it will implode and go away. The answer being ; marginalization.
 funchesf
Msg: 316
Posted: 12/6/2015 7:40:08 AM

Posted By: OswaldSpengler
Shhhhhh. Don't discuss Chicago. With any luck it will implode and go away. The answer being ; marginalization.

hopefully you will be there that day and finally get your white supremacist wish of having your very own White Homeland in the sky ...you might want to get rid of your tan first ...if it is a tan
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 317
Posted: 12/6/2015 7:51:38 AM

before the video was release Emanuel held a New Conference and said that he found the video "disturbing" which mean he had to have viewed it days before it was released

Is this another case of pulling something out of thin air and trying to state it like it was facts? A lot of your "facts" seem to be manufactured by "air". This is another claim that is in total contradiction with Emanuel's comments on viewing the video.

Attorney General Lisa madigan went to the police and the judge

Yep, Madigan did go to the police, because they ultimately control all evidence in their possession. As to going to the judge, other than your word (which has proved to mean nothing) do you have anything to actually support this claim? Because the FOI litigation by the Chicago reporter is what the judge acted on, not some fictitious request, you've dreamed up, made by Madigan to the judge.

are you sure I'm the one that's angry?

I'm just callin' it like I see it. You make up stuff, don't support it with anything that looks like a fact, complain when others support their conclusions with supporting documentation, and then complain that others are angry. Yanno, I'm sure you think that I'm basically calling you a dumb fvck, which I'm not and never have, but really, you're posting like dumb fvcks do...you make up stuff out of thin air.

you've already admitted that your Union never had to negotiate any infractions that rose to the level of murder or shootings ..... Chicago Police Union deals with this on a daily basis .....which is why you shouldn't have even dragged your Union into this conversation ...it can't run with the big dogs

I'm glad you've framed your response like you have...because I've asked what level of expertise you possess that would make your opinions valid...and your silence indicates you have none...therefore, that I've specifically never had to represent anyone who has committed capital murder, which in your opinion disqualifies me as having expertise (as compared to the forum) means that your total lack of experience with any union or labor relations disqualifies your opinion to a greater extent than mine...basically, you know nothing about unions other than your opinion...and we all know opinions are like azzholes-everyone's got one.

by eating for "FREE" ...is that considered a "hand-out" ....or a "five finger discount"

This is the kind of comment one makes when they aren't capable of actually thing things through...because there's a third, much more likely possibility...that FREE food is a condition of employment....but, your accusations of handout or theft are a gross indication of your SNOBBERY...sad really.
 cotter
Msg: 318
view profile
History
Posted: 12/6/2015 9:11:00 AM
Message 335 ...

I am not a SNOB ... I came from nothing and got no hand-outs ...

but didn't you claim in "msg 314" that you worked at White Castle in high school ...and that you were allowed to eat anything you wanted and as much as you wanted ... FREE!
That's right ... they told us it was to be considered part of the benefits of working there.

As I said above ... they told us they considered it part of the "benefit package". Soooo ... no. It was neither a "hand-out" or a "five-finger discount".

so can you agree that it appears that we have a slight contradiction going on here?
Nope ... not on my behalf.

so in one post you claim that you would never break rules or steal
Which post did I specifically say that I "would never ... NEVER break rules or steal"? What's the post number?

and the worst part about it is just like they have a tape of the police "smuggling" the video, they would have had you on video stealing... oops...sorry.... I meant "smuggling" the video too ....
Certainly if I was caught "smuggling or stealing" something from an employer I would expect the consequences ... after all it would have been a conscious choice to break the rules.

If I were to do something like that ... then there would probably be an extremely good reason for it and I'm sure I'd be more than glad to suffer the consequences. In this particular case ... Hell YES!! I'd do whatever it took to get justice for the murdered victim.

so now let's see what type of morals you have ......should you have been placed in jail for smuggling evidence?
I have the kind of "morals" that would have no qualms about going to jail if it means getting justice for someone who was outright murdered. Please show me to my cell!

What would you sacrifice to help someone in that situation?

Message 338 ...

This is the kind of comment one makes when they aren't capable of actually thing things through...because there's a third, much more likely possibility...that FREE food is a condition of employment....but, your accusations of handout or theft are a gross indication of your SNOBBERY...sad really.
Yep ... you guessed it! What a concept ... eh?

By the way, do you have an answer yet to the question I posed in my Message 334 ...
PS ... do you know for a fact that particular "Burger King" does not allow their employees to have food ... for FREE?
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 319
Posted: 12/6/2015 9:17:02 AM
We seem to have two (and sometimes more) people who really like to argue over fine points. And they do the whole copy-and-paste thing where they parse words and find niggling points that they can attack.

If you've got more than two quote boxes in your post, you're just talking to one person and boring the shit out of the rest of us.
 funchesf
Msg: 320
Posted: 12/6/2015 11:14:03 AM

I'm sure you think that I'm basically calling you a dumb fvck, which I'm not and never have, but really, you're posting like dumb fvcks do.

How Rude ...

dude calm down ...you're on the threshold of acting like an Internet bully ....

I'm glad you've framed your response like you have...because I've asked what level of expertise you possess that would make your opinions valid

in "msg 299" even cotter stated that when the Union jumped in it took months to take action against a person that allegedly committed an infraction ...but you dismissed it ..which suggest that you do not understand how Unions work, remember you were a Union Steward....not a Union Lawyer

Posted By: cottor
As I said above ... they told us they considered it part of the "benefit package". Soooo ... no. It was neither a "hand-out" or a "five-finger discount".

clearly you know that a "benefit" is something you "earned" not get for Free ...and since White Castle only pays minimum wage you were probably only making enough money for bus fare or for gas and couldn't afford to pay for food, so they were probably feeding the employees to keep them from passing out from hunger

Certainly if I was caught "smuggling or stealing" something from an employer I would expect the consequences ... after all it would have been a conscious choice to break the rules.

you're not only breaking the rules, but by you "smuggling" the video you're also stealing from your employer , you're also tapping with evidence....your actions would be worst than the police......at that point in time they are only gathering evidence .... it is only you that is committing a crime...

What would you sacrifice to help someone in that situation?

you mean if I could Time Travel and turn off the surveillance tape that would catch me "smuggling" the video

Posting By: HalftimeDad
If you've got more than two quote boxes in your post, you're just talking to one person and boring the shit out of the rest of us.

or perhaps others are not bored ......also remember to exercise your right not to read a post or to come into a thread and be thoughtful by refraining from trying to infringe on the rights of others as to how they post as long as they are adhering within the rules of the forum ... and foremost of all remember that no one is here specifically to entertain you or to keep you from being bored
 cotter
Msg: 321
view profile
History
Posted: 12/6/2015 4:50:15 PM
I think the following is interesting ...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_killings_by_law_enforcement_officers_in_the_United_States,_20152
Although Congress instructed the Attorney General in 1994 to compile and publish annual statistics on police use of excessive force, this was never carried out, and the FBI does not collect these data either. The annual average number of justifiable homicides alone was previously estimated to be near 400. Updated estimates from the Bureau of Justice Statistics released in 2015 estimate the number to be around 930 per year, or 1240 if assuming that nonreporting local agencies kill people at the same rate as reporting agencies.
Wow ... what a great way to put that!

The Washington Post tracked shootings (only) in 2015 and on May 30 reported a rate so far that would be equal to 937 shootings/year (385 as of that date). The Guardian newspaper is running a database,The Counted, tracking US killings by police and other law enforcement agencies in 2015, and counted 965 killed as of 6 November 2015, with rates per million of 2.24 for "white" people, 5.55 for "black", and 2.66 for "hispanic/latino". The database can be viewed by state, gender, race/ethnicity, age, classification (e.g., "gunshot"), and whether the person killed was armed.
I'll be curious to see what this particular article yields ... as time allows.
 Maleman999
Msg: 322
Posted: 12/6/2015 5:29:15 PM
I wonder what, if any, action is going to be take in the latest incident of police shooting and killing a guy who did not have a gun, but instead, a barbers' straight edge razor, after a failed attempt to rob a bank in Miami Beach. Couldn't they have tasered him or shoot his arm or leg instead of shooting to kill? If you shoot a guy's kneecap, he's not going anywhere. They probably could even have disarmed him by whacking his arm or his body with a billy club. Why did they feel murdering the person was the only solution-especially when it's one person against an army of heavily armed cops who have the guy surrounded?
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 323
Posted: 12/6/2015 5:38:09 PM
Lots of cops have been injured and killed by people with knives.

And pistols aren't exactly known for accuracy - that's why all the gun training those officers had was to aim for centre of mass.

I just don't put this incident in the same league as the other ones discussed here.
 funchesf
Msg: 324
Posted: 12/7/2015 4:59:55 AM

Why did they feel murdering the person was the only solution-especially when it's one person against an army of heavily armed cops who have the guy surrounded?

it's part of the "I was in fear of my life' culture ...no matter what you have in your hands, a gun, knife cellphone, a baby, it's more than likely that the police will shoot you and then claim they done so because they were in fear of their life

if you're conforted by a police on the street or during a traffic stop, there is a chance you might be killed, which is why you have to ask yourself a question "do you feel lucky" ..if not that is one of the reasons why people drive off or run from the police ..why" ...because they were in fear of their life
 villabolos
Msg: 325
Posted: 12/7/2015 7:36:45 AM
‹ ›
Ottawa Police Shoot Unarmed Teen 16 Times While Family Begs Them Not To

By Matt Agorist on August 25, 2014
137KShare 510Share 210Share 364Reddit 1.7KTweet 4Email

Joseph Jennings, 18, was treated at the scene for gunshot wounds and transported to an Ottawa hospital where he later died.Police in Ottawa, Kansas shot and killed an 18 year old, unarmed teen Saturday night.

Ottawa police were called about 7:50 p.m. Saturday to Orscheln Farm and Home at 2008 S. Princeton St. on a report of a person reportedly armed with a gun.

However, the family of deceased 18-year-old Joseph Jennings, said there was no gun. Ottawa Police have not confirmed that Jennings was armed either.

Ottawa Police Chief, Dennis Butler, said the officers did what they were trained to do. “They reacted based upon the training that they’ve been given from the academy,” Butler said. “We were thankful that no officer was injured from protecting themselves from risk of great bodily harm.”

Jennings was described as a “really good boy” by family members. But he also suffered from depression, anxiety, and had horrible seizures which led to him becoming suicidal.

Two days before being shot 16 times by police, he tried to take his own life. He released the following statement on his Facebook page prior to ingesting 60 pills.

“Tonight is the night goodbye everyone!!!!! It was truly a good ride! And I’m sorry for who I might of hurted (sic) and people that I may of offended, But I love all my family and I hope you don’t hold this against me.”

Coincidentally, the two officers that were involved in the shooting of Jennings were also present when Jennings was taken to Ransom Memorial Hospital to be treated for the overdose, according to Jennings’ aunt, Brandy Smith.

Only 3 hours after leaving the hospital Jennings walked to Orschein Farm & Home. Smith said he was there on a suicide mission and when she saw how officers were handling the situation she immediately tried to intervene. “I told them it is Joseph Jennings. He is suicidal. He is upset, don’t shoot him,” she said.

Smith’s husband also tried to stop the police from shooting him, but he was told to stop or he would be shot too.

“My husband was going to tackle him. He was within arms reach. They said to get back or they were going to shoot him,” Smith said.

Smith told KCTV 5, that her husband backed off and police attention turned back to Jennings.

“The cop yelled out, ‘bag him,’ and then three shots were fired with the bags. I just don’t know how many shots were fired. They shot him in the back of the leg and the back of the shoulder,” Smith said.

The incident is currently under investigation and yadda yadda yadda…..paid vacation.

Police are the last people to call when a family member is suicidal. All too often police are called to help a family member in need, and instead they kill them. The lack of competence which the police exhibit in dealing with the mentally ill, is disturbing.

Long gone are the days of your friendly neighborhood cop showing up to talk a person down who has hit a low point in life. Now the mentally ill are seemingly serving as target practice for these heavily militarized police forces across the country.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Police Officers across the county should hold protests…