Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Police Officers across the county should hold protests…      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 villabolos
Msg: 401
Just can't stay on topic...Page 17 of 21    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21)
You very well may be much more informed on Sandra Bland than I.

I'm fairly sure though Sandra Bland was pulled over for "switching lanes without using a signal".
I completely agree it is a petty offense to pull somebody over on. It is still a violation.

IT is another very sad situation.
I do not believe the officer wanted this outcome. I believe he feels awful over Ms. Bland's death. I also do not believe she was killed in jail. I believe she hanged herself. I read the autopsy reports said she had no other marks on her body but around her neck. There are videos from the jail that are available to be viewed.

It is really frustrating to be pulled over. If she would of accepted she made a mistake and did what the officer asked, and then taken her battle to court, perhaps there would be a much different outcome.

Oh yes, marijuana is still against the law in Texas.
 BlackOnyx48
Msg: 402
Just can't stay on topic...
Posted: 1/13/2016 10:06:36 AM
Okay...you don't get it...clearly you didn't read what I said, or you have an agenda to support Police misconduct.
The Cop...for no reason, sped up behind her car...she saw this and changed lanes to let him go by, thinking he had some emergency...she told him that on tape...he did that to create a hostile situation, by intimidating her...causing her to make that mistake...and who knows, maybe the turn signal didn't work properly when she tried using it that particular time.

She shut up...but he continued interrogating her like her just killed a thousand people...that's where the problem really begin.
Obviously she was upset, all he had to do was shut up and give her the ticket...but he didn't...he wanted to fight...there was nothing more he had to say...just write the ticket...you can't talk to people anyway you want, and expect them to sit there and take it.

However you may do it, but not everybody is as passive as you...she had every right to stand her ground and tell the cop he was out of line, but he had no right to arrest her...none what so ever....

You again are putting the cart before the horse...claim marijuana use, well being that she was brought in via an unlawful use of force...I don't believe anything they say, for all you know it was the arresting officer's blood they used.

For now, this Cop is without a job, and considered a criminal by the State of Texas, but that's still not good enuff for me.
 deetristate
Msg: 403
Posted: 1/13/2016 10:09:14 AM
I have had that happen to me as well. They want you to get nervous and do something wrong so they follow you closely.

Great scene about that in the movie Soul Man.

Edit below:
It means that cops aren't always good guys and people should stop defending them when they are wrong..

It means that if you allow it against "them," they will also feel free to do it to you.

It means that cops are often wrong and people need to admit that.

I heard noises in my house and didn't call the cops because I feared that they would shoot me. Someone had moved the rug and pulled out my dining room drawers. I will change my locks and take my chances rather than call the cops.
 ICEMAN850
Msg: 404
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2016 10:17:23 AM

I have had that happen to me as well. They want you to get nervous and do something wrong so they follow you closely.

Great scene about that in the movie Soul Man.

I have had the same treatment so that means what?
 villabolos
Msg: 405
Posted: 1/13/2016 10:33:30 AM
Where the incident happened is a heavily black populated area. I am in that area quite a bit. The majority of cars that pass you have black people in them. Why do you think that officer "chose" Sandra Bland??
 ICEMAN850
Msg: 406
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2016 10:41:40 AM

Where the incident happened is a heavily black populated area. I am in that area quite a bit. The majority of cars that pass you have black people in them. Why do you think that officer "chose" Sandra Bland??

Which time?

It happens all the time to all races of people.

A few times on the interstate.... On county roads.... On state hwy's..... On city streets I have had the same thing happen and none of them was when I was in a heavily black populated area.
 00Spy
Msg: 407
Posted: 1/13/2016 10:48:44 AM
I just had to post so that irish can' lose his religion" over the fact that the 3 of me have posted in order now.
Does any one know what is going on with the Baltimore cop trials. I saw the first one ended up in hung jury and now that Officer William Porter can be compelled to testify in the next trial but that he must be granted immunity. Could the prosector have messed this up any more than she already has?
 cotter
Msg: 408
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2016 10:52:03 AM
Message 426 ...
... but he continued interrogating her like her just killed a thousand people...that's where the problem really begin.
Obviously she was upset, all he had to do was shut up and give her the ticket...but he didn't...he wanted to fight...there was nothing more he had to say...just write the ticket...you can't talk to people anyway you want, and expect them to sit there and take it.
Absolutely right!

I have observed deputies in the jail doing the same crap with inmates. I'm in there trying to get them to take their medications and the inmate might not want to be compliant. They have a right to refuse but as a medical person, my duty is to offer it several times with encouragement. I've had deputies step in and try to take over with ... speaking to them in an obvious manner to provoke a reaction that will get the inmate in trouble. First of all, that is not productive for me most especially if I'm trying to get them to be compliant with psych medications. And second, they are interrupting my duties. I have not only been present when they do it, but have also seen them bragging about it back in their office. They purposely antagonize inmates so they can take punitive action with them.

... she had every right to stand her ground and tell the cop he was out of line, but he had no right to arrest her...none what so ever....
Right!

They use encounters like that as an excuse to rough up inmates as well ... often on the way to booking!

For now, this Cop is without a job, and considered a criminal by the State of Texas, but that's still not good enuff for me.
I have lost a child (under much different circumstances) but nonetheless, no matter what they do to that cop ... nothing will ever bring back your dead child. You carry that with you for the rest of your life.

There is no punishment that can be doled out to that cop that will ever relieve the heartache of the loss of a child.

Message 428 ...
I have had the same treatment so that means what?
I would say if the same has happened to you, it's a shame you can't show more compassion.
 ICEMAN850
Msg: 409
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2016 11:12:38 AM

I would say if the same has happened to you, it's a shame you can't show more compassion.

For what if everyone is being treated equally what is the problem?

If the police do something wrong use the courts to prove it. If it was as bad as y'all claim there would be hundreds of videos everyday of them breaking laws.

Where is the proof? Even the obama phones have cameras!!!!!
 deetristate
Msg: 410
Posted: 1/13/2016 11:31:50 AM
No. The order of prosecution was by design.

There was no conviction to convict cops.

And a Baltimore jury would never convict the first cop tried.
And they knew that.

Pretty brilliant planning.

__-------

1. Everyone is not holding a camera 24 hours per day.

2. People make excuses when it is on camera and film anyway.

3, I feel sorry for people who never question cops that are wrong. The cops could shoot their unarmed 3 year old for target practice and they would justify it.

4, you either get it or you don't. A cop could wrongfully shoot some people and they would not get it.

Enough on this tangent. My train is stopping.
(Dusting hands off),(iceman is clearly not 00spy)
 ICEMAN850
Msg: 411
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2016 11:48:48 AM

1. Everyone is not holding a camera 24 hours per day.

If you have a cell phone 99 out of 100 have a camera.

2. People make excuses when it is on camera and film anyway.

If it shows a crime it will be used.

3, I feel sorry for people who never question cops that are wrong. The cops could shoot their unarmed 3 year old for target practice and they would justify it.

Who said I never question the police? There are bad ones out there sure but the lions share of them are out there to serve and protect us.

4, you either get it or you don't. A cop could wrongfully shoot some people and they would not get it.

I get it...... I just ain't buying it!
 BlackOnyx48
Msg: 412
Posted: 1/13/2016 2:07:52 PM
You get it...you just don't want to admit it...you enjoy seeing this sort of stuff happen, you claim to be a victim of Police, misconduct....you're a fcck n lie...you're just another white person keeping the family tradition of oppression and racism.
 BlackOnyx48
Msg: 413
Posted: 1/13/2016 2:44:39 PM
Sorry...I meant Tradition...not family...excuse me !!!!!

ICEMAN
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 414
Posted: 1/13/2016 3:26:19 PM
giving credit where it's due:

Search Results

The Obama Phone? - FactCheck.org
www.factcheck.org/2009/10/the-obama-phone/
FactCheck.org
Oct 29, 2009 - Q: Has the Obama administration started a program to use "taxpayer money" to give free ... The SafeLink program has actually been offering cell phones to ... SafeLink, started under President George Bush, with grants from an ...
 ICEMAN850
Msg: 415
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2016 5:07:09 PM

You get it...you just don't want to admit it...you enjoy seeing this sort of stuff happen, you claim to be a victim of Police, misconduct....you're a fcck n lie...you're just another white person keeping the family tradition of oppression and racism.

You are spewing racism in almost every post you make.

Where I don't even consider race in mine there is but one race and that is the human race.

I'm not responsible for what others do.

And I never said I was a victim of police misconduct I said I was followed closely to see if I would get nervous and make a mistake so they could have a reason to stop me.

Trying to show you that they use the same tactics on all people but you are to worried about being a victim to worry about the truth.

And I could NOT care less if you or anyone else likes me.

Wooby

They have a website for it....

http://www.obamaphone.com/get-obama-phone

So, the subsidization of phones began under President Clinton,

Well D@MN that didn't work out like you planed did it?

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2015/04/shock-report-more-law-enforcement-officers-killed-each-year-than-young-black-men-by-white-cops/

According to the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund 682 law enforcement officers were killed in the line of duty in the past five years in the United States. That averages out to over 136 dead law enforcement officers each year.

Here are the numbers:

2010 – 161
2911 – 171
2012 – 126
2013 – 107
2014 – 117

Conversely, on average, there were 96 black males who are killed by white police officers each year – and another 300 white males who are killed by police officers according to FBI statistics.
USA Today reported:
 SunshineGirl__
Msg: 416
Posted: 1/13/2016 5:29:49 PM
http://www.snopes.com/politics/taxes/cellphone.asp

“The Lifeline program originated in 1984, during the administration of Ronald Reagan; it was expanded in 1996, during the administration of Bill Clinton; and its first cellular provider service (SafeLink Wireless) was launched by TracFone in 2008, during the administration of George W. Bush. All of these milestones were passed prior to the advent of the Obama administration.”
 ICEMAN850
Msg: 417
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2016 5:37:10 PM
http://www.obamaphone.com/started-obama-phone-program

Who Started the Obama Phone?

“Who started the Obama Phone?” is one of the most frequently asked questions about the Lifeline program.

The simple answer is that any number of Presidents could claim credit for it, but the program is usually called the Obama Phone because it expanded so rapidly during his administration.

That growth, of course, is partially related to the financial meltdown, the subsequent recession, and lingering economic issues. The number of Americans eligible for the program has grown dramatically recent years and the program has expanded to meet that demand.

But perhaps we should look back at a little history to determine the real architect of the free phone program. A timeline of the program’s history makes it difficult to pinpoint an exact date the program was created and blurs the possibility of assigning credit or blame (depending on your opinion of the program).

President Obama?

It’s an undisputed fact that Safelink Wireless offered the first free government cell phone in Tennessee in 2008, but don’t let the year confuse you. Barack Obama was not elected President until November of that year, but that first free government cell phone was given out three months earlier during the Bush administration.

President Clinton?

Some authorities go back even further and say the Obama Phone program can trace its roots back to the Clinton administration because that’s when the Federal Communications Commission authorized a subsidy for landline telephones as part of the Telecommunications Act of 1996. The Act authorized subsidized landline telephones for America’s needy and it was approved by both houses of Congress and signed into law by President Clinton.

President Reagan?

Nevertheless, some authorities dispute that interpretation and believe credit for the Obama Phone program should go back even further to 1984 when Ronald Reagan was President, because it was then that the Federal Communications Commission created the original Lifeline Assistance program (technically, Lifeline Assistance is the official name of the Obama Phone program).

President Roosevelt?

But even that does not go back far enough for some industry leaders who say the origin of the Obama Phone program goes all the way back to 1934. During President Franklin Roosevelt’s first administration, Congress created the Federal Communications Commission and promised “to make available, so far as possible, to all the people of the United States, a rapid, efficient, Nation-wide, and world-wide wire and radio communication service with adequate facilities at reasonable charges.” Today’s Lifeline Assistance program is funded through a Universal Service Fund that evolved from that concept.

President Wilson?

And believe it or not, there are a few telecommunications experts insist that the Obama Phone program began all the way back in the early 20th century during the Woodrow Wilson administration. Their logic? When the first telephone companies were founded, the phone service offered by one company in one town was often incompatible with the phone service offered by another company in another town. That situation created technical chaos in the budding telephone industry.

The solution? In 1913 the Woodrow Wilson administration gave AT&T a monopoly over phone service, which allowed them to set nationwide technology standards and determine the evolution of the nation’s future telephone system.

Yeah snopes is not a credible source.
 villabolos
Msg: 418
Posted: 1/14/2016 7:13:48 AM
It was an officer of hispanic descent who pulled over Sandra Bland.

I never heard that the officer was driving close behind her trying to make her nervous. THe only place I ever read that was on plentyoffish. BUt yes, I have had that happen to me as well. The officer was black and I ended up getting a ticket.
How come the "civil rights' leaders didn't come to my defense??
What "civil rights" leader said this is what happened?? I'm sure they are a real credible source. And what are the actual facts??
Sandra Bland had an illegal drug in her system.
First the story was that she was murdered in jail by the police. When that was found out not be the case,they have gone on to another story that there is ABSOLUTELY no proof to.

What is an officer supposed to do if they ask a person to get out of their car and the person refuses to do so???

There are rules and laws. If you obey them, you won't have any problems. It's just like if i don't want to pay taxes. I'd be thrown in jail. I'm not an exception to the rule.

When this is all said and done, the cop will be vindicated. Unfortunately, the civil rights leaders have gone on to ruin another person's career. Talk about unjust!!
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 419
Posted: 1/14/2016 8:02:51 AM
ICEBRAIN has to be the dumbest mother fvcker in the forum:

Wooby

They have a website for it....

http://www.obamaphone.com/get-obama-phone

From Obamaphone.com/get-obama-phone

COPYRIGHT © 2016
OBAMAPHONE.COM IS NOT AFFILIATED WITH ANY DEPARTMENT OF THE US GOVERNMENT,
THE FCC, OR THE LIFELINE PHONE PROGRAM.

This stupid fvcker probably thinks the email he just got from the Nigerian Ambassador to the US telling him to send $1000 to get his $1,000,000 inheritance is legit.
 deetristate
Msg: 420
police Officers
Posted: 1/14/2016 8:34:57 AM
I am not an Obama fan but even I see that sometimes the blind negativety is laughable.

Like Obamaphones, denial of racism ( while being racist) and being angry at Obama because of financial help to Biden when his son was ill, as the latest.

It negates the good points that they make.

Sometimes, they just have to be ignored.
 ICEMAN850
Msg: 421
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2016 8:35:09 AM

ICEBRAIN has to be the dumbest mother fvcker in the forum:

So much for the assumption that you had grown past the second grade level.

Well baldbloatedNignorant

Show me were I said it was a government site.

I said they have a website for them.

Guess I need to make more flashcards.

The point I was making is obamaphone is part of the culture.

The culture of entitlements.

Which fraud is rampant in.
 deetristate
Msg: 422
Posted: 2/8/2016 4:56:13 AM
Beyonce and jz clearly never really have to work again. They have so much money that, like Trump, they are free to say what they want, and in their case, about police.

Jz knows that all the money in the world won't stop bad police from treating him just as badly as the others like him.

Interesting choice of Superbowl song performance.
 BlackOnyx48
Msg: 423
Posted: 2/8/2016 6:25:41 AM
I didn't pick up on that, guess I was to into Beyonce's legs and dancing...lol.
A couple of days ago a off duty cop was talking about people at my cigar lounge...he said that nobody wants to listen, or do as they're told...sooooo, u know me...I asked, what is it that you're telling them to do...he said..." It doesn't matter "

I told him...you're a fcck'n lie...if a cop start asking me questions that ain't his goddazm business...he getting checked.
He said...that would be a bad idea...I said " for the Cop "...I told him that Police Officers are basically the Janitors of law enforcement...guilt or innocence is determined by judges, lawyers and jurors...Cops make themselves more important then they are...he of course got up and left...TRUTH.....
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 424
Posted: 2/8/2016 10:08:12 AM
It's good to know you're just as belligerent in real life as you are here.
 BlackOnyx48
Msg: 425
Happy Black History Month
Posted: 2/8/2016 10:17:34 AM
Drop dead, you miserable bum...don't you get tired of trolling and sniffing everybody's azz...geez....
I ain't no fake tough guy like you...I don't give a fcck bout being polite...that's for tea sipping punks like you...stay in yo fcck'n place bitzch...safe tawk'n shtz online in yo mamma's basement...and for crying out fcck'n loud...quit going around getting everybody's dog pregnant.....

@Halftimedad-
Really, speaking in code...the calling card of racist, and punks...no surprise there...just glad you know what you are...like the rest of us.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Police Officers across the county should hold protests…