Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Police Officers across the county should hold protests…      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 26
Police Officers across the county should hold protests…Page 2 of 21    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21)
^^^^^
Thanks, and you too could score a few brain-points by spelling user names correctly. Give it a try.
 2015cashmere
Msg: 27
Police Officers across the county should hold protests…
Posted: 5/5/2015 7:42:16 PM
^^^^Geez, that's all you have is comments about spelling errors. Nice. You make a stupid comment basically saying "gee, I didn't know you were black" and you comment on spelling mistakes....how about the tacky comment you made? And I don't think "brain-points" requires a hyphen.
 HondoGal
Msg: 28
Posted: 5/5/2015 7:48:23 PM

In your rush to stomp your feet and throw a hissy fit, you are forgetting that police officers walking off the job only makes law abiding citizens MORE vulnerable, and it would also leave the few police officers left on the job MORE likely to be killed.
Seriously, grow up and THINK!~bama

I don’t throw fits; you are projecting. I’m cool, calm, collected and self-disciplined.
Now go troll somewhere else.

Justices Rule Police Do Not Have a Constitutional Duty to Protect Someone
Law enforcement generally does not have a federal constitutional duty to protect one private person from another. 
The Due Process Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment forbids the government to deprive individuals of life, liberty, or property without "due process of law."2 In 1989 the U.S. Supreme Court stated, "Nothing in the language of the Due Process Clause itself requires the State to protect the life, liberty, and property of its citizens against invasion by private actors."3 Generally, the Due Process Clause does not provide an affirmative right to government aid, "even where such aid may be necessary to secure life, liberty, or property interests of which the government itself may not deprive the individual."

(I know that exceptions and special relationships exist.) Food for thought though for the anti-gun crowd.

If half the cops were to take off the persons who would suffer the most are the hood rats. Numbers of law-abiding citizens who don’t venture into the hoods would be just fine; and if necessary we are armed.

But they still have to jump though extra hoops. People have called the police to report a suspicious black person and police have questioned me when I am outside at night putting out trash in front of my own house. I just find it amusing and think "These people are really ignorant." I am not angry but am amazed when people deny that things like that happen. One Hollywood actor said that he just traded in his BMW for a Prius because he was tired of being pulled over.~dee

I don’t believe you. Go tell that to someone that has not lived, worked and played with good black persons.
You are, in a passive/aggressive manner, sticking up for the black thugs.
Black sporty cars are the ones most often pulled over, yeah even if it is someone like myself driving.
Of course you know the black actor personally and he confides his innermost angst to you.
It must take you a really long time to put out trash…and that your own neighbors would be suspicious of you in your home yard sounds phony. Never has anyone called the police on my black friends when they take out anything in their predominantly white neighborhoods. Maybe you need to move to a better area.

Not all white people think like the OP ( a racist IMO) and a few more on here that make us white folks look bad.~blue moon/rusty/stormy/cashmere

Your opinion means nothing. Nobody has to make you look badly, you do a great job of that all on your own.

No expression of sympathy for the innocent, good, young, good dead cop; nope only more trolling.
Just how many times does it take for you to get nuked before it finally sticks?

2015cashmere
Msg: 29
Posted: 5/5/2015 8:13:41 PM
My husband was a police officer when we met and married. I know what it's like to wonder if he's coming home after a shift. I have attended funerals for lost police officers, buried friends. So yes, my opinion does mean something and I can can state my opinion without sounding like a raving lunatic. Many, if not the majority, of my current friends are police officers, retired police officers, fire fighters or retired fire fighters and I will stand beside them. So please, don't go ranting about people when you have no idea of what their experience has been.

And to discard a posters experience of living life as a black woman shows lack of intelligence and common courtesy on your part. Unless you have walked a mile, hell, half a mile, in her shoes please don't embarrass yourself further by commenting on her post.

I forgot to mention, I had dinner with 5 of my police officer friends last night, 3 still serving and 2 retired. I should have got their badge numbers to post on here for proof so you would know that some of us DO know what we are talking about.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2015 8:25:43 PM

How could NYC with all its money elect a communist as their mayor? I love Giuliani and worked to get him elected. We need more men like him in power.

Well he only won with about 14% voting. Basically most just didn't show up to vote lol. Plus he won based on being a progressive and with all the hipsters and Jews(many of the Jews vote so out of tradition) he had a big backing. He also said he represents tenants rights. With the large amount of people in rent stabilized apt's, myself included, he had an angle to get them as well. But that has changed since he has talked about affordable housing in good areas. Last thing south Brooklyn wants is another Sheepshead bay projects because a wealthy area with projects doesn't work.

At least we go in cycles...Republican, Democrat, independent, Progressive. No one group dominates.

Come to thing about it with the large number of Eastern Euro's here you would wonder how a communist wouldn't get elected lol.
 deetristate
Msg: 31
Posted: 5/5/2015 8:58:06 PM
Who said that the car was black? Who said that it was the neighbors?
I know, Hondo, that you need to stick to your beliefs no matter the evidence to the contrary for your own self worth. I understand that. It is like people who are very religious and are upset by any research suggesting that Jesus had brothers and sisters because it went against their core teachings and belief system. That is fine. Whatever it takes for you to get through the day.

"Moved my girlfriend into the mayor's mansion while my wife and kids still lived there" Guliani?
 bamagrl68
Msg: 32
Posted: 5/5/2015 9:36:36 PM
HondoGal- You are calm, cool and collected and self-disciplined, on what planet?!
Your own words, just in your initial post:
Venomous blacks
Disgusting black thugs
Repulsive mayor
Vermin of society
Yup, that's calm and self-disciplined if I ever saw it :D
Go ahead and name call all you want, but I will post in this thread as I see fit.
I don't know why you don't just go ahead and use the "N" word, it's clear to me you want to.
You have no credit with anyone who doesn't share your racist views.
I'm not going to ask you to leave this thread, because I am ready, willing and able to stand you down, any day.
 HondoGal
Msg: 33
Posted: 5/5/2015 9:36:42 PM

Come to thing about it with the large number of Eastern Euro's here you would wonder how a communist wouldn't get elected lol.~adventureJoe

I know how he got elected, Joe. My question was rhetorical.
Yes, NYC despite its great wealth is predominantly democratic; looong history of this fact.
Also, the predominantly Jewish population always votes democratic.
There is a reason for that which is unreasonable.

What do you have to say about the fact that constitutionally speaking the cops do not have to protect private citizens?
As for the eastern euros, like you, they are definitely anti-commie!
How some got in here before the end of the commie reign in the Ussr.

"Moved my girlfriend into the mayor's mansion while my wife and kids still lived there" Guliani?~deetri

Don’t believe everything you hear or read. The fact is that he moved out of the mansion when he separated from his wife, much to the chagrin of us New Yorkers; he left the wife and children there for quite some time.

you need to stick to your beliefs no matter the evidence to the contrary ~deetri

For the sake of this discussion what have you offered as evidence that defies anything I have stated?
Synopsis: Young, good, white cop gets murdered by black thug.
Looting, arson in Baltimore by black thugs.
Federal Government gives money to hood rat mamas who breed criminals.
Children born to welfare drug addicts should be placed in a healthy environment.

You may want to make me the bad guy but it is you, and others like you, who make this cycle of horror in the black hoods possible.

shirleywonton01
Msg: 34
Posted: 5/5/2015 11:18:34 PM
Black young men get profiled because so many of them are dangerous predatory criminals. As much as I wish that wasn't true and we had fabulous integration with no reason to racially profile that's an illusion.

Suicide bombers are almost all Muslims. Muslims get profiled just like young black men. That's the breaks, cops are human and need to protect themselves. They will over react when it comes to young black males, as should be expected, there will be a rise in adrenaline, that's how the human body works when 95% of the criminals they encounter are young black males with baggy pants, a practical fashion statement for concealing weapons.

Instead of being big babies, Black Americans need to own up and clean up. Pretending that it's not human instinct for police officers to profile potential criminals is counter-productive. "Gosh, I just can't understand why police officers are trigger happy when they come upon a group of black males hanging out in the street wearing baggy pants." Sorry folks, I can perfectly understand why and I support them in protecting themselves and believe they deserve a wide margin of error until the black community leaders pull their heads out of their asses.
 HondoGal
Msg: 35
Posted: 5/6/2015 12:51:35 AM

I am ready, willing and able to stand you down, any day.~bamagrl

ROFL, thanks for the comedy.

Really, troll elsewhere

Black young men get profiled because so many of them are dangerous predatory criminals.
Pretending that it's not human instinct for police officers to profile potential criminals is counter-productive. ~ShirleyWonton

Absolutely.

The young Police Officer who inspired me to write this thread, more than likely, instinctively knew that the thug that was about to murder him was a predator when he first encountered him. Our Police Officers are being led to believe that they cannot act on their highly attuned to criminal behavior instincts. This places them in great jeopardy and as we have seen will cost them their lives. Yes, in the hoods a drug dealer or other criminal who resists arrest may get taken out by Police Officers. But that is very rare.
What is most amazing is the fact that hood residents often complain that they do not get enough police protection, yet when a drug dealer or other criminal gets taken out by the cops they riot and call for the police officers’ heads.

I am yet to see outrage, or adequate media coverage, over the death of another innocent Police Officer.
Contrarily, the display of sympathy and empathy for the Baltimore career criminal has been overwhelming.
This is not right or moral IMO.

deetristate
Msg: 36
Posted: 5/6/2015 3:34:53 AM
""A state Supreme Court judge sided with Donna Hanover today, barring Mayor Rudolph Giuliani's girlfriend from Gracie Mansion and tossing out Giuliani's second attempt to obtain a gag order in the couple's divorce.

State Supreme Court Justice Judith Gische granted Hanover's request for a restraining order barring Judith Nathan from Gracie Mansion, the mayor's official residence, and its surrounding grounds. Hanover, 51, and Giuliani, 56, continue to live at Gracie with their children, Andrew, 15, and Caroline, 11. Hanover sleeps in the master bedroom while Giuliani sleeps in a guest room. Gische further restrained Giuliani from permitting Nathan, 46, from being "present at any event attended by the children of the marriage or otherwise being in the presence of the parties' children." The case has addressed which sections of the 200-year-old, four-story house are considered to be public or private. In a second ruling, Gische rejected Giuliani's request for an order restraining lawyers and parties to the divorce from talking about the case. Gische, who had already ruled against one gag order request earlier in the proceedings, said the parties could "make a personal decision not to disseminate information ... that tends to portray the other in a derogatory manner that is hurtful to their children."
 Eternityboreme
Msg: 37
Posted: 5/6/2015 4:04:06 AM

Yet another disgusting, black thug,

Yes, because white thugs don't protest for stupid shit and murder anybody. I get it.
 Eternityboreme
Msg: 38
Posted: 5/6/2015 4:04:55 AM

And super post Green Thumz, way to tell Deeristate that she could "pass". Just another post proving that idiots walk among us.

Indeed.
 funchesf
Msg: 39
Posted: 5/6/2015 7:59:57 AM

HondoGal
I want to see Police Officers across the country march and stay off the job for weeks in protest

I remember when the Air Traffic Controllers did the same thing and President Reagan fired all 11,000 of their apses

all that have to be done is to activate the National Guards allow the Police Superiors to deal with the public, fired all the protesting police and hire and train new recruits and then watch how many of those police now out of a job or can't find a job turn to criminal activity

the police are public servants and getting paid to do a job, if they can not do that job or feel that the job is to dangerous or don't like the job, then they have the "Right" to do the same as any other American have the "Right" to do...Quit
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 40
Posted: 5/6/2015 8:11:05 AM
"And super post Green Thumz, way to tell Deeristate that she could "pass". Just another post proving that idiots walk among us."

Sorry again.
My racist homophobe hater upbringing didn't even consider the" pass "option. Silly me. I was thinking to myself "How can I block this lady from the voting booths if I'm unable to identify her as a target race member?" "How can I gouge her for a car loan or mortgage payment?" "How can I deny her kids an education and take away their breakfast?" "How can I plant some crack in her purse and then call the cops?"
Maybe she can help us out by pulling her pants halfway down to her knees when she leaves the house, that might work.
 etourdi65
Msg: 41
Posted: 5/6/2015 8:30:47 AM

the police are public servants and getting paid to do a job, if they can not do that job or feel that the job is to dangerous or don't like the job, then they have the "Right" to do the same as any other American have the "Right" to do...Quit
That's a great idea all the white police officers should leave the black areas and get jobs elsewhere, that type of thinking worked out well for Detroit eh?
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2015 8:57:19 AM

I remember when the Air Traffic Controllers did the same thing and President Reagan fired all 11,000 of their apses

all that have to be done is to activate the National Guards allow the Police Superiors to deal with the public, fired all the protesting police and hire and train new recruits and then watch how many of those police now out of a job or can't find a job turn to criminal activity

Actually those on the job discussed this many times. It can't happen. For one thing it takes over 1 yr to replace the police. It would take years for the academy to put that many cops in the field. You have to be state licensed to be a cop. License comes from the state(governor). The state is VERY pro police to begin with..just NYC that is liberal anti cop. So the Mayor would be mostly on his own.

National guard isn't qualified and needs governor approval. I had about a dozen under me after sept 11..all they can do is stand around and look menacing(most didn't even speak English). Also many of the top ranks of the national guards are cops and firemen :).

There aren't enough superior officers to go on patrol and if PBA, SBA, and DEA went on strike there is no one else. LBA and above has NO intention of patrolling or the numbers to do so. Besides all the cops have to do is a slowdown, similar to what NYPD did in the 1970's.

Also not smart having 35k armed fired cops angry and unemployed who also have high positions in the national guard. Coup e tats have happened with much less ;).

Reality: gov't exists and depends on their police to stay in power. So they can't live without the police!(500k in the usa)The same police that have keys to all the national guard armories!

I should also add that NYS law has penalties for a strike(Taylor law). They can't fire ANYONE for it. The penalty is financial with docked pay for every day out. Mayor can't just violate the law himself :)

Don't confuse federal employment(air traffic controllers) with VERY constitutionally protected state/city workers of a state. Apples to oranges comparison. My father was friends with a federal agent who they wanted to retire. He wouldn't go so they transferred him across the country to an undesired location. Typical federal punishment. NYS workers have MUCH MORE protection than Federal.

In any case what Mayor would do it? His career would be over! NYS politicians depend on the unions to get in and stay in power. The elites also are pro police and fire! He answers to them as well.

A mayor here who can't control his cops is going to have big problems with all the foreign investors because they won't buy in an unsafe city with mob rule. Wall st and Foreign investors is where he gets a large part of his budget that he uses to win his voters.

the police are public servants and getting paid to do a job, if they can not do that job or feel that the job is to dangerous or don't like the job, then they have the "Right" to do the same as any other American have the "Right" to do...

True. But on that note the politicians are expected to back the police when the police are following their orders(at least come clean about it), or at least STOP getting in their way. Example is what Deblowjob did/say that was not only stupid and against his police, but many of the things he did was even against the judgement of the state. State makes the laws and procedures for ALL law enforcement in the state and the city can only make work rules(example : lunch breaks etc lol)

But the whole idea of cops leaving the black areas is NOT reality.
Why? because the majority of people in those areas actually appreciate police presence the most. When the protests were happening the actual projects were quiet from what I heard and older citizens were coming up and thanking the cops for being there and expressing sorrow for what happened. They don't want things going back to 1971-1995. The increased police presence has turned those areas around to the point of gentrification even.

The troublemakers will always make trouble. A protest of 30k in NYC is like nothing. You are talking about an area of 21 million people and being NYC..I assure you half or more of those protesters came from other places. When ever something happens people travel from all over the world to stir shit, get fame or brag they got arrested by NYPD. Nothing new!

We had over a million come down to protest Bush.....he got elected anyway :)

That's a great idea all the white police officers should leave the black areas and get jobs elsewhere, that type of thinking worked out well for Detroit eh?

Hell no! They can just be reassigned to other areas. I am sure midtown needs more and my area has complained of low police presence for years. Not fair considering the highest earners and property taxes are in the areas of South Brooklyn, but we have the least amount of police presence due to it being relatively safe( mafia areas self enforce ;) . But lots of property crime and bank robberies here from outside elements. I wouldn't mind more cops when we take our nighttime walks .
 funchesf
Msg: 43
Posted: 5/6/2015 11:00:09 AM

All cops are good.

that's why we should get Drew Peterson out of prison, I mean you have video evidence of police officers shooting beating and killing citizens and they don't get convicted but yet there isn't one video of Drew Peterson killing his two wives and I've checked everywhere for one...on youtube, vimeo, I didn't want to but I even looked on all the porn sites just to be sure ....

so come on Hondogal ...let's join forces get all the police together and violate some correctional officers civil rights until they let Drew out of jail

come to think of it....why wasn't there any police protest when he got arrested

etourdi65

Detroit fell because The Auto Industry collapsed, it have nothing to do with police....well at least you didn't blame the Democrats

adventurejoe70
Actually those on the job discussed this many times. It can't happen. For one thing it takes over 1 yr to replace the police. It would take years for the academy to put that many cops in the

...er....you do realize there are perhaps million of trained unemployed police officers and recruits out there ... it's not like you're recruiting for The FBI, ....all you have to teach them is how to shoot, beat with a club, zap with a taser, pepper spray and if they get in trouble to repeat the phrase "I was in fear of my life" and how to hide behind "The Blue Wall" that police claim don't exist
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2015 11:34:21 AM
^^do you understand this isn't the movies?

Those unemployed cops(there aren't that many since most don't get fired) aren't qualified to work in other large metro areas. An LA police officer (unlike the movies) can't transfer to the NYPD. They have to go though 8 month(possibly 6 now) academy like every other recruit and pass all the background and other requirements including some college just to be accepted. Like I said they have to meet standards to get a license.

Please link those stats from a credible source about the millions of qualified unemployed cops. I would like to see it because before the economy got bad there was a shortage of cops and recruits. Depts were traveling around the country looking. Being the premier LEA we had multiple cities trying to recruit away NYPD cops to fill their ranks. Time square even had advertisements. I hope you aren't suggesting dept's hire fired cops that couldn't hack it? lol

As for your FBI comment. LOL I laugh. Inside joke. Yes the FBI is very competitive and require a BS degree, unlike NYPD that requires only 2 years(but over half coming in have 4 yr degrees these days anyway).

But the FBI isn't anything special tbh. Sure compared to a cop from a small town in Kansas maybe. NYPD detectives(investigators) are much more better at investigation than the FBI. It is logical since FBI agents all all technically 1811 federal investigators no matter what degree they have. They haven't earned the designation by actual investigatory work. An NYPD cop has to earn his Det. shield from actual work experience. Something you can't learn in Quantico or any academy. Having an accounting degree, etc doesn't make someone a better cop.

If you don't believe me go do some research. Plenty of NYPD and retired have been offered second careers teaching in Quantico and the other Federal training centers. A Lt I worked with who was in charge of Hazmat/chemical biological training (COBRA)was offered a position when he retires to go train the Feds.

John Jay College of Criminal Justice, I am sure you heard of them, is the number 1 university in the field. This is where the profilers, forensic specialists and the top in the field go to study. The majority of instructors who have police backgrounds were obviously NYPD, with an odd mix of retired FBI, Secret Service ,etc. Whats funny is that they go to us when they need language specialists since we are more diverse. I knew a rookie who was from Afghanistan who CIA/FBI would need once in a while because he spoke a unique dialect.

The main power that FBI has is that they can go across state lines but if you haven't heard NYPD also does that often and NYPD has become the nations top counter terrorism force and does operate now overseas.

Offices in a dozen countries.. operating in the capacity of a CIA/intelligence office. Our Deputy Commissioner for Intelligence was the CIA Deputy Director for Operations (David Cohen).
 bamagrl68
Msg: 45
Posted: 5/6/2015 8:31:39 PM
Hondogal- You are closed off in your mind and your heart.
I can't do anything to change that, so feel free to vent away, but it won't cure what is wrong with you or the way you think.
I know when to bow out of a thread, the time comes when the other person is so close minded that no matter what I say, it won't make a difference, to you.
I take that as a compliment and leave you to argue with others that are willing to further waste their time, I am not.
Hopefully, others will follow me and leave this thread, until it goes away.
As it should have, from the beginning.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 46
Posted: 5/6/2015 10:03:59 PM

Posted by AdventureJoe70:
"...mafia areas self-enforce..."

Organized crime guys do NOT like random violent street crime. You reminded me of an interesting early-1970s story.
My grandparents ran a small neighborhood grocery. It was next to a restaurant frequented by tough connected guys.
After my grandfather died, my grandmother ran the store for another decade or so. She was a sweet, smiling, gentle woman. She would pinch the cheeks of huge mafia guys when they visited for soda, chewing gum, smokes, or whatever. They loved her dearly as if she was their own grandmother.

Well, dirtbag thugs from the housing projects grabbed her purse one day as she was leaving her store.
This news somehow reached the ears of the big bosses. I don't know what they did to whoever robbed my grandmother, yet word was apparently on-the-street to "not touch this woman" because wherever she walked...people either ran away, closed their doors, or smiled very nervously and waved. It is funny how things sometimes work.
 HondoGal
Msg: 47
Posted: 5/6/2015 10:49:36 PM

Yes, because white thugs don't protest for stupid shit and murder anybody. I get it.~Eternity

Obviously, you DON'T get it.
Show me a recent white protest wherein whites burned down businesses, stole everything they could get their hands on, burned public and private property and more than 144 vehicles. Also assaulted dozens of police officers and innocent persons.

You can’t. All you’ve proven is that you have no idea as to what you are proclaiming.

It is mostly black groups who advocate for the killing of cops:

Black Lives Matter protesters also made similar statements last December in New York when chants such as “What do we want? Dead cops!” and “Deck the halls with rows of dead cops” were used.

A day or two later a black thug murdered two NYC cops.
Black hate groups influence and embolden these stupid thugs, like this latest murderer of an innocent, decent white cop.

Shabazz (tallest in front) with New Black Panther Party
Malik Zulu Shabazz, the former national leader of the New Black Panther Party, said the radical group will “build up an army” in 2015 to combat police, and he predicted coming events “that are gonna seem tragic to white America and may even shock our own consciences,” including the killing of police officers.

On a recent episode of the New Black Panthers Party’s “Black Power Radio” posted at Breitbart.com, Shabazz, current national president of Black Lawyers for Justice, said:

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2015/01/radical-black-activist-issues-cop-kill-prediction/#cxE6GoVoEStweQ1M.99

This degenerate attorney aka, Paris S. Lewis should be disbarred. One can just imagine a white lawyer advocating for the murdering of blacks.

The black panthers also advocate for the murder of white babies:

http://www.examiner.com/article/new-black-panther-leader-kill-white-babies-by-bombing-nurseries

==================================

A mayor here who can't control his cops is going to have big problems with all the foreign investors because they won't buy in an unsafe city with mob rule. Wall st and Foreign investors is where he gets a large part of his budget that he uses to win his voters. ~adventureJoe

Chinese investors recently purchased the Waldorf Astoria Hotel, a NYC landmark and one of my favorite posh hotels. Wonder how the communist Chinese judge commie deblasio aka Warren Wilhelm.

But the whole idea of cops leaving the black areas is NOT reality. 
Why? because the majority of people in those areas actually appreciate police presence the most. When the protests were happening the actual projects were quiet from what I heard and older citizens were coming up and thanking the cops for being there and expressing sorrow for what happened. They don't want things going back to 1971-1995. The increased police presence has turned those areas around to the point of gentrification even.~adventureJoe

Joe, Thanks so much for your enlightening posts.

Not fair considering the highest earners and property taxes are in the areas of South Brooklyn, but we have the least amount of police presence due to it being relatively safe( mafia areas self enforce ;) . But lots of property crime and bank robberies here from outside elements. I wouldn't mind more cops when we take our nighttime walks .

I lived on the upper Eastside in NYC, always felt safe. However, one of our subway stations had the highest rate of muggings in the city! Lots of business and wealthy persons there but rarely was there a cop at our station. Our restaurants and stores got broken into or robbed often despite the fact that cops would be in our area in minutes.

All cops are good.~funchesf

Why are you attempting to attribute your statements to me?
You are blathering.

Detroit fell because The Auto Industry collapsed, it have nothing to do with police....well at least you didn't blame the Democrats~funchesf

Detroit, aka a war zone has been destroyed by the democrats and the gangster blacks. You know that.

An LA police officer (unlike the movies) can't transfer to the NYPD. They have to go though 8 month(possibly 6 now) academy like every other recruit and pass all the background and other requirements including some college just to be accepted. Like I said they have to meet standards to get a license. ~adventureJoe

Certainly you have shown here Joe that you are one smart cop. Here in L.A. also you cannot go up the ranks without a university degree and preferably a second language (Spanish doesn’t count because of the large number of Mexican cops).

As a child in NYC when cops walked a beat my mom taught me to respect them; they were the good guys. Later on my husband defended cops who got in trouble gratis.

Last night the Mets honored Police Officer Brian Moore,  “scores of fans wore NYPD shirts in tribute to the fallen officer.” As did the visiting team, the Orioles…Brian’s favorite team.

funchesf
Msg: 48
Posted: 5/7/2015 5:11:29 AM

adventurejoe70
do you understand this isn't the movies?

now if I was talking about a movie it would have been from the movie "Payback" when Mel Gibson made the comment that if he was dumb enough he could have been a cop

you're trying to make police into something that they're not, some of them are overweight and out of shape and incapable of out running a teenager which might explain why they shoot them instead of chasing them, most have trouble passing the sergeant exams or lack the investigation skills or mental attitude to become Detectives

police are one step above security guards which explain why their second job is general being a security guard or a bouncer at a night club, the police can't handle an out of control public, that's why the national guards have to be activated ....you're confusing the police with Swat which are Specially trained forces

The main power that FBI has is that they can go across state lines but if you haven't heard NYPD also does that often and NYPD has become the nations top counter terrorism force and does operate now overseas.

The NYPD does not have the power to operate overseas they barely have the means to protect New York, Terrorism is under Federal Jurisdiction of the U.S. Intelligence Community which the NYPD is not part of...now you're confusing the police with the FBI and CIA

if the NYPD travel across state it's only to transport a prisoner back to NYPD jurisdiction and if the prisoner decides to fight extradition it's nothing that the NYPD can do but wait for a court decision, but the FBI has the power to take a prisoner without court approval

if the FEDS walk in and tell the NYPD to stop an investigation...the NYPD has no choice but to comply ..so perhaps think twice in trying to make claims that the police is something that their are not, it only lead to problems
 cotter
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 5/7/2015 7:46:34 AM

Isn't pumped up and promoted outrage, a big part of the problem?

Fighting fire with fire doesn't sound wise to me, for this area of concern.
Right, but the OP does not realize that.

I don't exactly understand what point would be made by police officers to hold protests. What are they protesting?
 etourdi65
Msg: 50
Posted: 5/7/2015 10:35:29 AM
of course you don't..you are in the cops are bad, whites are racist camp..how bout they protest the fact they every time there is an incident they are indicted and convicted by the media before all of the facts are known? or how politicians throw them under the bus before all the facts are known?
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Police Officers across the county should hold protests…