Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Police Officers across the county should hold protests…      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 126
view profile
History
Police Officers across the county should hold protests…Page 6 of 21    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21)
He is just guilty of stereotyping. But judging someone by the color of the uniform they wear is no less wicked than stereotyping someone for skin color especially when the uniform comes off at night. Most stereotypes do have a basis of some fact but can't be generalized as ALL encompassing.
 funchesf
Msg: 127
Police Officers across the county should hold protests…
Posted: 9/13/2015 10:36:05 AM

Posted By: funchesf
generally people become police so they will be given "special powers" so that they don't have to follow the Law

Posted By: crookcatcher
Is that so? Generally speaking, where did you come up with this obviously well thought out statement?

how many private citizens do you know that can wear a bulletproof vest, carry an unconcealed weapon, a taser, pepper spray, a billy club, harass, violate civil rights, beat, shoot and/or kill people out in public with a minimum chance if any of being charged with breaking the law...

Are you setting up a table at the entrance to the academy polling cadets?

cadets can barely comprehend the psychology behind their need to become a police officer which would most likely be one of two things, vengeance or a feeling of helplessness and thus a need for power "unearned" ....but gifted

Posted By: adventurejoe70 :
I think you say you are in social services. Many City social workers are also sued.

I guess social workers also wrestle people they don't know to the ground and handcuff them ..those mean social workers ..shame on them

Maybe but people can get sued for anything. I can sue you and vice versa..it DOESN'T mean anything.
unfortunately for you,.. the Mayor and The Police Commissioner now finding themselves in the position of having to apologize for that incident sort of makes your opinion on that subject moot

Posted By: aj7125
^^^^^^^^ Might want to look up the definition of the word racist.

so that I can see a picture of you? ...cool...where do I look ....the Satanic Bible perhaps?

He is just guilty of stereotyping. But judging someone by the color of the uniform they wear is no less wicked than stereotyping someone for skin color especially when the uniform comes off at night.

did you pop out of your Mother's the womb in a police uniform ....if so you would have lived up to your name as "Adventure Joe" ...but if not....then the only ones that are Stereotyping you are the ones that force you to wear those uniforms
 DameWrite
Msg: 128
view profile
History
Posted: 9/13/2015 1:59:39 PM
You can't choose your skin colour but you can choose to wear a uniform or NOT. It is not wicked to understand that there are a lot of power trippers who think that power tripping is a cool thing to do. Where are they allowed to power trip without getting in trouble? (until now?) In the police force/military. Where are they supplied with "cool" power tripping weapons? same. Where are they supposed to follow power trippin' orders no matter what? same.

Anyone who chooses a uniform better do so after they have been checked over to see if they have a power trippin' agenda as well as to see if they will protect ALL people and not hurt them to "protect" private greedo interests. If they can't pass, they should be kicked out.
As it is now, they aren't and they aren't being kicked out because those that hire them with our tax dollars, don't want good police/military, they want obedient.
 crookcatcher
Msg: 129
Posted: 9/13/2015 4:38:20 PM

how many private citizens do you know that can wear a bulletproof vest, carry an unconcealed weapon, a taser, pepper spray, a billy club, harass, violate civil rights, beat, shoot and/or kill people out in public with a minimum chance if any of being charged with breaking the law...

Oh....harass and violate civil rights, beat, shoot and or kill people.

Well considering there are 10's of thousands of police and citizen interactions on a daily basis without incident. Go ahead and get those two or three incidents a month nationwide the media exploits and make that the norm.

cadets can barely comprehend the psychology behind their need to become a police officer which would most likely be one of two things, vengeance or a feeling of helplessness and thus a need for power "unearned" ....but gifted

More insight into the inner workings of a police recruits mind?

Vengence and a feeling of helplessness? Most likely?

Wow. For someone with such obvious disdain for law enforcement you certainly seem to know what the motives are for people to even consider that career.

Sad thing about it all is, that in spite of your dislike and distrust of law enforcement, if the situation ever arose, they likely would risk their life to save yours.

But that's neither here nor there. You have your opinion, you post it often and there's nothing I or anyone here or IRL that will change that. :)
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 130
view profile
History
Posted: 9/13/2015 6:05:33 PM

I guess social workers also wrestle people they don't know to the ground and handcuff them ..those mean social workers ..shame on them

Actually often they do get in confrontations so do teachers. You would be shocked at all the calls that come in because LSW are being attacked by someone who wanted HELP.

unfortunately for you,.. the Mayor and The Police Commissioner now finding themselves in the position of having to apologize for that incident sort of makes your opinion on that subject moot

That is called politics and that doesn't change the fact that most law suits are BS. Why is it unfortunate for me btw? I could care less who pays who or what.

did you pop out of your Mother's the womb in a police uniform ....if so you would have lived up to your name as "Adventure Joe" ...but if not....then the only ones that are Stereotyping you are the ones that force you to wear those uniforms

Your point? it is still stereotyping.

If I had been born in a Blue police uniform I think living up to my username would be the least of my problems wouldn't you?

Anyone who chooses a uniform better do so after they have been checked over to see if they have a power trippin' agenda as well as to see if they will protect ALL people and not hurt them to "protect" private greedo interests. If they can't pass, they should be kicked out.

Actually they are checked. It is a psychological exam and interview by shrinks. I am pretty sure you can't pass..most can't.

That being said obviously a NYC cop is protecting the wealthy class, since they are the ones who fund the force and pay most taxes. However most police resources go where the crime is, which is in the ghetto. Broken window doctrine depends on it being fought whereever it is.

As it is now, they aren't and they aren't being kicked out because those that hire them with our tax dollars, don't want good police/military, they want obedient.

Yes they are. Being psychologically sound for the job doesn't mean errors won't happen NOR will it prevent a few slipping in.

Oh yea, fyi most of the whiners don't even have jobs or pay taxes(in NYC a person doesn't pay taxes on 1st 10k even) If anything I am paying for their welfare, section 8, etc , etc...so there :P
 HondoGal
Msg: 131
Posted: 9/13/2015 8:08:54 PM

generally people become police so they will be given "special powers" so that they don't have to follow the Law

how many private citizens do you know that can wear a bulletproof vest, carry an unconcealed weapon, a taser, pepper spray, a billy club, harass, violate civil rights, beat, shoot and/or kill people out in public with a minimum chance if any of being charged with breaking the law...funs chef

Uh, let me guess; sounds like you and your black brethren.! You forgot to include bricks, Molotov****ails and machine guns. How many weapons do you carry while rioting, looting, burning and assaulting innocent white citizens and the police? These thugs illegally grasp those “special powers” and more don’t they.

How often do you stroll late at night through your ghetto hood wearing jewelry and looking decent - you know clean, haircut, good shoes, sober?

So what if someone got arrested in a case of mistaken identity. Happens often. Usually the innocent persons just go on their way without crying about it or notifying the press.

The government loves to waste taxpayer’s money. Recently the Gray (who was worth $1.99 alive) character’s family was awarded 6.4 million dollars just because. No lawsuit; just charity to his heroin addict mama. This also helps send a message that those mean cops must have killed him.

HalftimeDad
Msg: 132
Posted: 9/13/2015 8:43:31 PM
^^^^See. Now THAT'S how you do racism.
 HondoGal
Msg: 133
Posted: 9/13/2015 9:00:32 PM

As a matter of fact, calling that statement racist is, well, racist.

^^^^See. Now THAT'S how you do racism.~half dad

Listen here, Halfwit stalker, lol

We get it half, you love throwing that word around.

No matter what thread you are in it is all about racism to you making your accusations moot.

No one cares about being labeled racist anymore; Means nothing now; maybe because those of your mentality have abused it so.

funchesf
Msg: 134
Posted: 9/14/2015 6:51:31 AM

Posted By: sunnydaysss
Your "objectives "can be pretty illogical really funchesf~ when you really reflect on it:))

if you study counseling as you claim then you would know that by claiming that something is illogical without a logical explanation as to why, make it appear that the subject is beyond your comprehension ...in other words, you can teach a parrot to squawk the word illogical but the parrot wouldn't be able to explain nor comprehend why they squawked it

Posted By:DameWrite
You can't choose your skin colour but you can choose to wear a uniform or NOT.

for a person to make the choice to place on a police uniform and then claim they are being stereotyped for looking like the police is irrational thinking and somewhat disturbing that the person is allowed to carry a loaded weapon

Well considering there are 10's of thousands of police and citizen interactions on a daily basis without incident. Go ahead and get those two or three incidents a month nationwide the media exploits and make that the norm.

isn't that what the OP is guilty of by starting this thread,

Wow. For someone with such obvious disdain for law enforcement you certainly seem to know what the motives are for people to even consider that career.

to debate an issue doesn't require one to be for or against the subject ...funches 3:16

But that's neither here nor there. You have your opinion, you post it often and there's nothing I or anyone here or IRL that will change that. :)

dude cry me a river and try to get a grip this is just a debate... are you going to act like this in a discussion about whether Leprechauns leave their pot of gold under a rainbow or in a tree trunk

Posted By: adventurejoe70
That is called politics and that doesn't change the fact that most law suits are BS.

but it can not be disputed that the lawsuit they will most likely be brought against that officer caught on video attacking a citizen is clearly not one of BS nor politics

Posted By: adventurejoe70
If I had been born in a Blue police uniform I think living up to my username would be the least of my problems wouldn't you?

the fact that you weren't ....means that you weren't born to be a police officer ...

Posted By: HondoGal
How often do you stroll late at night through your ghetto hood wearing jewelry and looking decent

all this ranting and uncontrollable raging you're doing in a public forum ...is called ...acting Ghetto ....so welcome to the hood hondogal ....hondogal sounds like a name a Rapper would have ..are you down with some beats so that you can mix your posts to music and upload to youtube .....

so raise you hand in the air...and rant like you just don't care ....
 deetristate
Msg: 135
Posted: 9/14/2015 8:08:06 AM
Cops in NY put a black woman in a mental institution because she drove a BMW.

She then got a 13k bill from the mental institution.
 Maleman999
Msg: 136
Posted: 9/14/2015 10:47:52 AM
^^^I think you left out some key details. I haven't heard of this, so I can't check where this story came from.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 137
Posted: 9/14/2015 11:47:19 AM
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/exclusive-woman-held-psych-ward-obama-twitter-claim-article-1.2159049

Only in America
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 138
Posted: 9/14/2015 12:02:58 PM
I admittedly don't follow the right wing press, so I honestly had no idea where the impetus of this thread came from. Today's Daily Beast clued me in: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/09/14/how-i-m-taught-about-the-war-on-cops-at-my-police-academy.html

In my rural red state police academy, instructors preach about ‘officers dying left and right’—even though the numbers show this isn’t happening.
The trumpets of the thin blue line and right-wing news sources have been sounding, piping out warnings of a “War on Police.” You may have heard it on talk radio, seen it on Fox News or even read it in The New York Post, but now the rhetoric of charlatans has reached me in class at my police academy in a northern red state.

The War on Cops is a grossly inaccurate response to recent police killings which are on track for another year that will rival the safest on record. Gunfire deaths by police officers are down 27 percent this year, according to the Officer Down memorial page, and police killings in general are at a 20-year low, given current numbers for 2015. Police deaths in Barack Obama’s presidency are lower than the past four administrations, going all the way back to Ronald Reagan’s presidency.

Not a single iota of evidence supports a War on Police, but it has become a battle cry among some in the academy.

Over 80 percent of police departments in the United States are facing issues with low recruitment numbers. As an Iraq War veteran I sought to solidify my chance of employment working in law enforcement by attending a local police academy. I enjoyed serving my country as military police and will do such now as a sworn police officer back home.

What are they telling us in a post-Michael Brown academy? The culture of police brutality is infrequently addressed, but what is continually mentioned is the notion that there is a War on Police. By whom? Depends on whom you ask.

Some instructors blame the Obama administration, which has provided extra funding to police departments to hire Iraq War veterans such as myself. Others, citing news organizations and politicians, try to pin it on the Black Lives Matter movement.

How are they attempting to substantiate this? By highlighting a few high-profile police killings in the past few months, especially the tragic, execution-style death of a Texas sheriff at a gas station. Many activists tried to tie the accused murderer, Shannon Miles, to the Black Lives Matter movement in the immediate aftermath as a motive. He had no ties to the movement.

Miles, however, had been previously declared mentally incompetent.

“The Obama Administration and Eric Holder are undermining the police. We have officers dying left and right and he’s****ng off in Alaska,” says one of my instructors, referring to the president’s trip to Alaska last week.

Our instructor is likely trying to warn us to take heed of the dangers of the job, and not expect to be thanked by politicians for doing it. But he has made the government and the people we’re meant to serve out to be boogeymen in the process.

So, during a period when shootings of police officers is going down, the right wing media is claiming there's a War on Cops. It's terrible when a police officer is killed. I'm blown away by how many are killed in the US - here in Canada it's national news when it happens and the funerals always have officers from across the country attending. But I'm equally stunned by the murders in general in America.

When bottles of Tylenol were tampered with in Chicago, every vitamin, aspirin and other bottles got tamper proof caps. When a couple of guys built a bomb out of fertilizer, all large fertilizer purchases were screened and approved. When one guy tried to smuggle a bomb in his shoe, everybody who flies had to start removing their shoes prior to the flight. But when Sandy Hook Elementary was shot up, gun purchases were made easier in a bunch of states.

You can see how this seems like bizarro world to somebody in another country right?
 8inscrew
Msg: 139
Posted: 9/14/2015 1:06:35 PM
If you cannot cite a source, you are just part of the problem.^^^^^

How exactly did "a bunch of states" " make it easier" to buy guns?

I see people who make up "facts" just to complain about them.
Bizarro world indeed.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 140
Posted: 9/14/2015 1:39:18 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2013/12/10/us/state-gun-laws-enacted-in-the-year-since-newtown.html

In the 12 months since the mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., almost every state has enacted at least one new gun law, according to a database compiled by the Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence. Nearly two-thirds of the new laws ease restrictions and expand the rights of gun owners. Most of those bills were approved in states controlled by Republicans. Those who support stricter regulations won some victories — mostly in states where the legislature and governorship are controlled by Democrats — to increase restrictions on gun use and ownership. Select categories from the table below to see all gun bills that passed at least one chamber of a state legislature.

Two thirds of the gun laws passed in the 12 months after the Sandy Hook massacre eased restrictions and expanded gun rights.

Yes, Bizarro World. And you're living in denial.
 8inscrew
Msg: 141
Posted: 9/14/2015 2:21:59 PM
Denial? Not so much..... you see, I actually read through the list you provided.
Did you? Which state made it easier to "get" guns?
Not one one the list. Huh, weird.

Thank you for having a source.
Didn't you just say something about NOT following the right wing press?
Maybe it was left wing? Maybe it was the tail wing press?

Ever been called a walking eagle?

Can you point out all those nasty states that made a new law you don't like?

How about the new law that says a pregnant woman is now authorized to use a gun to protect her unborn baby?
She doesn't even have to retreat now....

Many now allow guns in churches, on college campus? Does that hurt your feelings too?

How about SD? They just allowed people to carry a firearm on a snowmobile on their own property!
What is this world coming to?

Half.... did you even read your own link?
Or did you just make a grab for a sensational title....... with an agenda?

So go through your own list. Point out the ones you don't like.

I don't like Maine's new law. Seems unconstitutional.
Never been to Maine. Know a few mainiacks...

Also Missouri now lets guns in bars?
Bad idea in general, but I have spend 7-8 weeks in Independence.
Had my own gun out of the holster 3 times!
All in relation to white folks! Gasp

You spent much time there half?
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 142
Posted: 9/14/2015 2:52:08 PM

Two thirds of the gun laws passed in the 12 months after the Sandy Hook massacre eased restrictions and expanded gun rights.

Yes, Bizarro World. And you're living in denial.

Because People in those States are awakening to the Bleating of the 'sky is falling' anti-gunners, & don't believe their Tripe anymore..... The 1994 Clinton Assault Weapons Ban, awoke the Sleeping Giant of Gun Owners in the USA, & changed the dialog on Gun Control, in the USA... The anti-gunners have been trying to put that Genie back in the Bottle ever since.. If the anti-gunners applied their 2nd Amendment solution to the 1st Amendment's, "You can't Cry Fire in a Crowded Theater", they would sew everyone's mouth shut... But You can cry Fire, if there is a Fire....

Face it, You look at it from a anti-gun viewpoint & can't understand why everyone else doesn't share Your anti- gun viewpoint... Those People don't share Your anti-gun viewpoint & it's their right to vote for People that share their viewpoint & change Laws to match their viewpoint....

As for the State Laws on buying Firearms, the only changes I know of, are some States changed their laws on Owning Firearms covered by the 1934 NFA.... The changes to State Law didn't change the Federal Requirements, that You have to apply to the BATFE for a Permit & Tax Stamp, to own those things. The BATFE puts those People thru a strict background check, before issuing a Tax Stamp for the Purchase. That background check can take many months, to years, depending on how backed up the NFA Department of the BATFE is..
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 143
Posted: 9/14/2015 4:34:44 PM

The 1994 Clinton Assault Weapons Ban

The early 1990's we a great time for gun control with the signing of the Brady Bill in 1993 and the Assault Weapon Ban in 1994. Proceeding the GHW Bush ban on importing various semi-automatic assault weapons in 1989.
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 144
Posted: 9/14/2015 4:58:15 PM

BB-Eyes:

The 1994 Clinton Assault Weapons Ban

BB-Irish:
The early 1990's we a great time for gun control with the signing of the Brady Bill in 1993 and the Assault Weapon Ban in 1994. Proceeding the GHW Bush ban on importing various semi-automatic assault weapons in 1989.

But was the 1994 Fed AWB, worth it to the Democrats, to Lose both the House & Senate, over it?
Is the 1994 Federal Election Results the Reason, no new Big Federal Laws about Guns, have Passed since?

Did the House & Senate, see the light & feel the heat from passing the 1994 Fed AWB?
I would say, Yes they did......
 junipermoon
Msg: 145
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2015 5:02:46 PM
i'd like to see them learn something about public safety. i damn near got t-boned today by a couple of them in an unmarked, crossing into my lane from a parking lot on the other side of the street. they didn't even bother to signal or use the turning lane. i have good reflexes and an excellent sense of self-preservation or else i'd have been killed by that yahoo.
so damn sick of cops.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 146
Posted: 9/14/2015 5:27:14 PM

Is the 1994 Federal Election Results the Reason, no new Big Federal Laws about Guns, have Passed since?

Probably.

Yet, gun homicides decreased from 7 per 100,000 in 1993 to 3.8 in 2005 and have held relatively steady since then (very slightly lower at 3.6 ). While there was significant improvement in the reduction of gun homicides, America's gun homicide rate and gun death rates are abysmal when compared to all the other industrialized nation. One of the most startling statistics is the dramatic increase in mass murders in America since the sunset of the Federal Assault Weapon Ban in 2004. Mass murders are higher before and much higher after the Federal Assault Weapon Ban period 1994-2004 (with Columbine 1999 being an anomaly year.)
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 147
Posted: 9/15/2015 10:32:02 AM
It appears that the person behind the picture the police used to mistakenly identify tennis player James Blake, is an innocent man living in Australia. So much incompetence

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/australian-james-blake-lookalike-speaks-nypd-mess-article-1.2361143
 HondoGal
Msg: 148
Posted: 9/16/2015 6:44:37 PM
A Kentucky State Police trooper wanted to do a favor for the driver he pulled over late at night. It turned out the man was driving with a suspended license, so the lawman was arranging for overnight lodging for the man and his fellow travelers, including two children.
Ponder, a Navy veteran, had been on the state police force less than a year.
Ponder made the initial stop because the suspect was driving 103 mph while heading westbound on Interstate 24, Thomas said.
Ponder was in the Navy for several years and stationed in Hawaii for some of that time. Ponder had been a Navy diver, Webb said.
 Johnson-Shanks had been arrested in August 2014 for failing to appear in an unspecified case. In May of this year, investigators began searching for him for questioning in the theft of lottery tickets.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/09/15/murdered-kentucky-state-trooper-was-trying-to-help-man-who-shot-him-authorities/

Another white police officer murdered by a black worthless pos.

All persons of conscience, no matter their ethnicity, realize that the greatest danger a police officer faces today is when he approaches a black male suspect.

For the persons who believe this a racist observation they are suffering from a mental illness, the disease of leftism (the advocating of liberal, socialist, or communist political and social change or reform).

-------------------------------------------------

so raise you hand in the air...and rant like you just don't care ....funshef

That is your role, not mine. I’ve no desire to jump and scream; that is your role and that of your fellow lawless blacks.

You are projecting.
You have demonstrated your ghetto persona:
Anti police,
Pro rioters, looters, arsonists and murderous blacks.

You and those of your ilk are responsible for the violence and lawlessness that a large number of blacks engage in. You are the poster child for all that is wrong in the black community.
How did it go in your recent black panther meeting?

-------------------------------------------------

PRO-CRIME POLICIES WORK: NYC MURDERS UP 60% UNDER DE BLASIO
“Its horrible. I don’t feel safe at all,” said mother of three Shantel Truluck, 33, an accountant who lives in the area. “Once its dark we — me, my husband and my kids — we don’t go outside. There are just not enough cops.”

Well when you intimidate cops using racist #BlackLivesMatters lynch mobs and kill a bunch of them, there won't be enough cops and then black lives will be taken by those 'misguided young men' in the prison pipeline.

http://www.frontpagemag.com/point/257462/pro-crime-policies-work-nyc-murders-60-under-de-daniel-greenfield

funchesf
Msg: 149
Posted: 9/16/2015 9:24:08 PM

That is your role, not mine. I’ve no desire to jump and scream;

actually that's all you've been doing in this forum is jumping and screaming ...aka acting Ghetto ...

some people complain about their parents and wake up one day and realize they have become their parents, that's what happen to you and Blacks...you are now acting the same way that you are complaining about them acting, a form of "Stockholm Syndrome"

and example of you running off your mouth ranting and acting Ghetto is when you listed Joe Gliniewicz as being a police officer murdered by Blacks , even when the police officer stated that he also viewed two white men , but I guess according to your math..2 white men "plus" one black man "equals" blame one black man

6. Lieutenant Joe Gliniewicz was shot and killed on September 1, while investigating suspicious activity.
The three suspects have not been caught. It is believed that the Officer may have been shot with his own gun as it and his other stuff is missing.
This poor Officer was supposed to have retired last month after 30 years on the force, his Chief talked him into staying a few extra weeks.

so far they are not sure how this police officer died, right now there is a war going on between the police and the Coroner office ..the Coroner is not sure if the officer didn't accidentally shoot himself or committed suicide

and it's a fact that there are police that commit suicide and/or are suicidal working within the public and because of religious reasons can not kill themselves but can place themselves into a situation or cause havoc with the intent of getting themselves killed either for Martyrdom or so their family can collect death benefits

UPDATE
a former Chicago police officer was arrested for threatening the Coroner for not ruling the decease police officer "Joe Gliniwwicz" death a suicide, also the Coroner is still under fire (no pun intended) from the police for revealing that the deceased police officer were shot in the chest and for not ruling out if the officer's death was a homicide, suicide or an accident ...this case is like an episode of "Quincy"

see hondogal, you might as well join Black Lives Matter ....what type of "Ghetto-ness"are they doing that a homey like yourself aren't doing or attempting to do in this forum
 gtomustang
Msg: 150
Posted: 9/17/2015 8:02:33 PM
NPR had a thing today about how the deaths of police officers has gone up this year, only if you compare it to last year, which had a record low number of deaths in the line of duty. But compared to other years, the number for this year has been close to the normal rate.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Police Officers across the county should hold protests…