Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Police Officers across the county should hold protests…      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cotter
Msg: 201
view profile
History
Police Officers across the county should hold protests…Page 9 of 21    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21)
Message 209
Simply if you could extend the thread to the family of Rahm Emanuel …
Rahm Emanuel is garbage for allowing his city to buy off a family just to keep them quiet so he could get re-elected. He’s a product of his environment … he can’t help what he is. He and his ilk do such things all the time without regard to others. No price is too high for them to get their way.

Remember Hillary has tried to cover up the truth behind 4 Americans including an Ambassador.
I still don’t see the connection in this thread. Is Hillary somehow some sort of crooked “mayor” that we don’t know about … trying to buy the silence of a grieving family?
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 202
Police Officers across the county should hold protests…
Posted: 11/29/2015 4:02:59 PM
Since we're speaking of lying pieces of trash, let me remind you of the gross 9/11 lie of the Bush administration.

The Bush administration knew of impending terrorist attacks the moment George Bush took office in January 2001. The failures of the Bush administration to take these warnings seriously led to more than 3000 deaths, the destruction of billions of dollars of property, the loss of trillions of dollars to the US economy, and the justification to engage war in Iraq built on the false pretext of WMD's and a connection to Osama bin Laden (both proved to be false.)

Our Commission, empaneled in October 1998, was given a mandate to report to the next President on new realities, both threats and opportunities, affecting U.S. national security in the first quarter of the 21st century. It was the most comprehensive review of our national security since the passage of the National Security Act of 1947.

We concluded as early as 1999, in an interim report, that “America will be attacked by terrorists using weapons of mass destruction, and Americans will die, possibly in large numbers, on American soil.” That conclusion was based on briefings by terrorism experts including Richard Clarke, then still in the White House as an advisor.

Mr. Clarke later testified that his efforts to alert the new Administration to the domestic terrorist dangers were brushed aside by senior White House officials, including Paul Wolfowitz, already fixated on Iraq.
http://nationalinterest.org/feature/unheeded-warnings-george-w-bush-9-11-14122

Finally, things boiled over:

That morning of July 10, the head of the agency’s Al Qaeda unit, Richard Blee, burst into Black’s office. “And he says, ‘Chief, this is it. Roof’s fallen in,’” recounts Black. “The information that we had compiled was absolutely compelling. It was multiple-sourced. And it was sort of the last straw.”

Tenet called Rice for an immediate meeting with her and her team—Bush was out of town:

“Rich [Blee] started by saying, ‘There will be significant terrorist attacks against the United States in the coming weeks or months. The attacks will be spectacular. They may be multiple. Al Qaeda’s intention is the destruction of the United States.’” [Condi said:] ‘What do you think we need to do?’ Black responded by slamming his fist on the table, and saying, ‘We need to go on a wartime footing now!’”

But nothing happened. “To me it remains incomprehensible still,” Black told Whipple. “I mean, how is it that you could warn senior people so many times and nothing actually happened? It’s kind of like The Twilight Zone.”

Tellingly, Condi Rice has no clear recollection of the meeting. For her, it was all a blur. As Whipple quotes from her memoir, “My recollection of the meeting is not very crisp because we were discussing the threat every day.” But no one could have foreseen it?

It was not just a failure to respond to warnings, however. There was a broader refusal to even consider thinking proactively. Along these lines, Whipple writes more broadly about Tenet and Black’s plan to “end the al Qaeda threat” with a combined military/CIA campaign “getting into the Afghan sanctuary, launching a paramilitary operation, creating a bridge with Uzbekistan.” They pitched the plan in spring of 2001, according to Whipple, “‘And the word back,’ says Tenet, ‘was “we’re not quite ready to consider this. We don’t want the clock to start ticking.”’ (Translation: they did not want a paper trail to show that they’d been warned.)”
http://www.salon.com/2015/11/13/bush_and_cheney_were_warned_bush_and_cheney_yawned_and_then_911_happened/

The Bush administration spun 9/11 into a national patriotism frenzy, launched two wars, and cemented his 2004 campaign victory-all on the ineptitude of his administrations reactions to pending terrorist attacks. More than 3000 were killed, billions in property damage done, trillions in economic loss, and two wars started. "But what does it matter?"
 00Spy
Msg: 203
Posted: 11/29/2015 4:45:13 PM
Fair enough, still not sure about the Emanuel family and all the murder's you claim but one could argue that settling with the family before any charges were laid is sketchy.
Aren't Hillary and Obama of his" ilk" though?
After all there price of winning an election was to lie to the grieving families of 4 dead Americans and the entire country in order to win an election.
On second thought cotter you re absolutely right about all three of them.
Rahm Emanuel, Hillary Clinton, Barrack Obama... What an "ilk"!

Now now irish, you know that Bush is not involved in this thread.
cotter will be very mad at you for that.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 204
Posted: 11/29/2015 5:47:23 PM
Condoleezza Rice was well informed of the pending terrorist act against the United States which resulted in more than 3000 deaths, billions in property damage, trillion in economic damage to the US, and was used by the Bush Administration to jump-start two wars:

There were more details, as laid out by one of Tenet’s top analysts, known in the book as “Rich B.” Tenet recounts his aide telling Rice and others, “The attack will be ‘spectacular.’ and designed to inflict mass casualties against U.S. facilities and interests. ‘Attack preparations have been made,’ he said. ‘Multiple and simultaneous attacks are possible, and they will occur with little or no warning. Al-Qaida is waiting us out and looking for vulnerability.”

Rice, Tenet wrote, reacted positively to the briefing and asked her counter terrorism adviser, Richard Clarke, if he agreed with the assessment. Clarke said he did, and Tenet said he and his aides left the meeting feeling that Rice understood the threat. However, he wrote, the White House never followed up on the presidential finding that Tenet had been asking for since March, authorizing broader covert action against al-Qaida. That finding was signed by President Bush on Sept. 17, six days after the attacks.

http://investigations.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/09/11/13809524-evidence-piles-up-that-bush-administration-got-many-pre-911-warnings
"But what does it matter?"
 cotter
Msg: 205
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2015 6:09:07 PM
Message 212 ...
Aren't Hillary and Obama of his" ilk" though?
How? Who did they buy off?

... lie to the grieving families of 4 dead Americans and the entire country in order to win an election.
We all know there was no lie. The fact was that Chris Stevens requested no entourage of protection that would give it away that he was even there. Unfortunately it's congress wasting our precious tax dollars trying to make a case of something that will not occur. They are not going to be able to smear someone who is running for president. They need to quit wasting our tax dollars on this matter.

Anyways, what has this got to do with the police officer that murdered a man in cold blood?

On Topic ...
The travesty of this is that still another young man was murdered by a police officer and a crooked mayor did his best to buy off the family to keep them quiet so he could win an election. He's a piece of garbage!

Fortunately the guy has now been charged with murder!

... cotter will be very mad at you for that.
Wrong again!

He always makes a good point ... that makes all the sense in the world!

Bush was/is also a piece garbage! But then you already knew that ... right?
 aj7125
Msg: 206
Posted: 11/29/2015 6:14:51 PM
Msg 210, you want to scold others for staying on topic? If I was sarcastic(not in a nice way) I would be floating emoticons right now because of the hypocrisy of you being the one telling others that they need to stay on topic. But I will never do that. Obama's own Emanuel, the man Obama praised telling everyone how great he is for Chicago. You know, the guy who has crime that is unbelievable and turns away in this year long police killing? Oh ya, sorry, Emanuel must be like Hillary saying she knew nothing about security in Benghazi cause it wasn't her "thing", it was someone else's responsibility. Another liberal "hand off". I'm sure Obama will come on TV and expect Emanuel to resign, I just know he will.
 villabolos
Msg: 207
Posted: 11/30/2015 7:15:35 AM
Isn't "garbage" Emanuel the one who coined the term "never let a good crisis go to waste"??
Wasn't "garbage" Emanuel a key player in Obama's first campaign?
I believe Obama paid him back by giving him a job in his first cabinet.
If I'm not mistaken, he then resigned towards the end of Obama's first term so he could run for mayor of Chicago.

I did know a little something about Rahm's dad. His son has certainly strayed off the family course from an idealogicial perspective.
One thing about the Jews in Israeli, they do what they have to do to survive. I respect that.
They know the end result of a "melting pot".

Golda Maier is one of my heroes!!

***NEVER AGAIN***
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 208
Posted: 11/30/2015 1:31:06 PM

It was Winston Churchill that first said: “Never let a good crisis go to waste”. The alliance between Joseph Stalin, Winston Churchill, and Franklin Delano Roosevelt, which lead to the formation of the United Nations, offered numerous opportunities in the midst of a crisis.

From the Freakonomics website.
 villabolos
Msg: 209
Posted: 11/30/2015 1:48:30 PM
Okay. I'm probably making a mistake, but I'll take your word for it.
Winston Churchill said it and Rahm Emanuel believed in it and boasted about it.
Did Rahm also work to get Churchill elected and was he a part of Churchill's cabinet??
Were they friends? I'm sure you can dig up a web site somewhere that will tell you that is the case.

You and I both know that every politician who runs for office for the most part operates under that same thought process. Irrelevant statement on my part above.

There is most definitely a strong connection between Rahm and obama.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 210
Posted: 11/30/2015 2:17:16 PM
I don't remember the exact line, but a very similar sentiment was expressed by Cheney after 9/11. That administration hid things like corporate protection from lawsuits and tax cuts for the rich in bills supposedly about "Homeland Security."
 cotter
Msg: 211
view profile
History
Posted: 11/30/2015 6:59:21 PM
I can't wait to see what happens as the trials begin for the cops who murdered Freddie Gray. This should be interesting!

And now I see they have let Officer Jason Van Dyke (murderer of Laquan McDonald) out on bond.

Wow ... what a plan.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 212
Posted: 11/30/2015 7:16:53 PM

An investigative report released on Monday from NBC 5 News in Chicago definitively places Chicago police at a Burger King where cameras captured the shooting death of Laquan McDonald. In the footage obtained, at least one officer appears to be at a computer terminal. A Burger King district manager had said in the past that police remained in there for three hours and deleted security footage of the incident. There were four to five officers in the restaurant that night.

Now if someone else had gone and deleted video footage in an effort to cover up a crime or impede an investigation, they'd be charged. That's obstruction of justice at best, and accomplice at worst.

Yet the odds of them even losing their jobs as officers paid to enforce the law is slim to none.
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 213
Posted: 11/30/2015 7:25:48 PM

There is most definitely a strong connection between Rahm and obama.

Which is why there will probably be no DOJ investigation into the inner workings of the Chicago PD
 cotter
Msg: 214
view profile
History
Posted: 12/1/2015 8:02:42 AM
Message 221 ...
Yet the odds of them even losing their jobs as officers paid to enforce the law is slim to none.
Yeah ... Van Dyke shot (murdered) a 17-year old who was walking away from him 16 times in 15 seconds. He claims he did it because he was afraid for his life ... while he was surrounded by several of his ARMED fellow police officers.

He was afraid for his life ... while surrounded by several of his ARMED fellow police officers. I wonder where he would have to be to feel SAFE if it wasn't while he was surrounded by several ARMED police officers?

His reward ... a desk job ... with pay for over a year! I wonder if he feels safe now?
 deetristate
Msg: 215
Posted: 12/1/2015 8:34:44 AM
Why was any bail set?

Oh,yeah. Like Sarah Furay's case.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 216
Posted: 12/1/2015 8:42:29 AM
For many of us, the shooting death isn't the real issue.

There will always be individuals who will abuse power - parents, priests, Senators, teachers, bosses and cops. So this sort of thing will happen. The really troubling aspect is the entire machine that protects a murderer if he wears a uniform. Remember that the video footage was held back as part of an ongoing investigation - all the media accepted that, except for one guy who took it to court. It was after the judge's ruling, when they realized everyone was going to get to see what they already knew that charges were laid.

All of the actions around this - deleting video footage; erasing the audio from the dashcam video; intimidating witnesses. This is a criminal enterprise that clearly has done this before and knows how to make a murder disappear.
 Maleman999
Msg: 217
Posted: 12/1/2015 9:52:26 AM

Yeah ... Van Dyke shot (murdered) a 17-year old who was walking away from him 16 times in 15 seconds. He claims he did it because he was afraid for his life ... while he was surrounded by several of his ARMED fellow police officers.

The same argument is being made in the trial currently going on in Toronto, where a cop shot an 18 year old guy eight times and killed him while the guy was standing alone in a street car, and armed with a knife. The guy ordered everybody to get out before the cops showed up, which is why he was alone in it. The cops surrounded the street car, so the guy wasn't going anywhere. But as soon as the guy walked close to the door, a cop opened fire and shot him 8 times, saying his life was in danger, even though the 18 year old was still inside the street car.
 villabolos
Msg: 218
Posted: 12/1/2015 10:04:21 AM
Quick! Make a bunch of posts so what Yule submitted will be buried. Just throw anything out there

Excellent point, Yule!!
 00Spy
Msg: 219
Posted: 12/1/2015 10:12:51 AM

There is most definitely a strong connection between Rahm and Obama.
Which is why there will probably be no DOJ investigation into the inner workings of the Chicago PD.

You mean President Obama won't be sending in the Justice Department to investigate the Chicago PD like he did in Ferguson?
You mean Obama would not embarrass his friend the Honourable Mayor of Chicago Rahm Emanuel?
You mean President Obama would leave the children of Chicago to face the wrath the racist Chicago Police Force and its corrupt mayor?
Well this is disturbing isn't it!
 aj7125
Msg: 220
Posted: 12/1/2015 1:38:56 PM
Emanuel hopefully is next in line for losing his job. I am sure Obama will bring in the Justice Dept to investigate what went on and investigate Emanuel along with everyone else. Oh that's right, everyone knows Obama and which agenda he wants to address. He will stick up for Emanuel so nothing will be done. Shameful for Chicago.
 00Spy
Msg: 221
Posted: 12/1/2015 1:45:29 PM
Rah fired his top cop today but it will take the people of Chicago to fire him.
Great post aj... you might be worthy of the Hall of Fame thread with that one.
 JujuO12
Msg: 222
Posted: 12/1/2015 5:27:15 PM
They have been shooting and killing black people LONG before they put on Obama in office. I am not sure what he has to do with A CONTINUED American tradition.
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 223
Posted: 12/1/2015 6:21:34 PM

You mean Obama would not embarrass his friend the Honourable Mayor of Chicago Rahm Emanuel?

Yep, its a possibility he won't; its what cronyism is about!
You ought to know that quite well; as the GOP has honed cronyism down to a well refined art!

However, if the pressure is intensified Obama may not have a choice; especially if it comes from Jesse Jackson (who is pushing for a Fed independent investigator with subpeona power)

You mean President Obama would leave the children of Chicago to face the wrath the racist Chicago Police Force and its corrupt mayor? Well this is disturbing isn't it!

Well, it shouldn't be anymore disturbing than what the GOP presidents had been doing when they occupied the office!
````````````````````````````````````````````````

He will stick up for Emanuel so nothing will be done. Shameful for Chicago.

^ that would most definitely be the case if we had a GOP Potus and a GOP Chicago mayor!

Jesse Jackson has weighed in on this, and he (rightfully) does not feel that dismissing the Chicago police chief is enough and that it might be just a 'smoke screen' to obscure the real problem.

Jackson is correct in stating that it is highly unlikely that it was just the Chief of Police who authorized payment of the $5 million to the family of McDonald; nor was it unlikely that he was the only one to view the film, and to make the ultimate decision about suppressing it.

Obama may be called upon to do what he may not want to do; and will not have the freedom of 'cherry picking' this investigation because he will have local pple of his own party supervising it all!
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 224
Posted: 12/1/2015 6:51:20 PM
I'm pretty sure I saw where the Illinois AG has asked the Justice Dept to investigate the Chicago PD for civil rights abuses today. Didn't read the story, but it sort of puts the lie to this nonsense.
 JujuO12
Msg: 225
Posted: 12/1/2015 8:22:56 PM
We are seeing our history played out on television or the internet. As long as we fail to truly confront and deal with our history we will continue down this path. AND as long as we are on this path CAN we truly judge other countries for their on injustices to their people?
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Police Officers across the county should hold protests…