Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Theophannia
Msg: 278
Women and Fake BeautyPage 12 of 18    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18)

Where do you buy "spray" brake fluid? LMFAO!

$3-4 at auto zone, or any national auto chain store.

My husband was laughing about this question, as he is the one that showed me after he saw the hairspray demonstration. He laughed at me and told me "oh please", got the brake fluid from the car and effectively "upped my game". When i commented on the thread question of where to get it he said, by the way did you tell them that it's FAR more impressive than the hairspray?

lol.
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 279
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/20/2015 11:22:57 AM

Dangerous yes. Hence why it has never needed me to actually light someone up. Notice, this generally needs only the introduction, NOT the application. Most times the visual effect of the fire is enough to deter the attacker without ever TOUCHING him with the fire.

As a kid, we would sneak and steal spray deodorant and cleaning aerosols from the house and buy or steal lighters from older kids or adults then burn each other with this things. It's like gas exploding around you. What it does it singes your hair, eyebrows, eyelashes and so forth, but I never got burned with it. It's a great show though, and I am quite sure that if you aim it at an arm or face for a prolong period of time it will fry you dearly. I also remember grown ups telling us how dangerous that was, that if the flame got back into the container, that it would explode.

Never had that happened.

They have in Tae-quon-do some very nasty moves that simply require the woman to immobilize the thumb of the person. It's quite painful and you can break the person's arm.
 norwegianguy123
Msg: 280
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/20/2015 11:24:02 AM

I am not chicken at all. In fact, I tried to answer you sincerely, but the analogy just doesn't hold up.

If someone tried to answer it directly it'd be something like this: "No, I wouldn't have the same sympathy if all things being equal on sexually-alluring wear and objectified in the same way." (or the Yes version; either with added exceptions where it'd change and why).

So let me try again... a guy gets on a bus, naked. One would assume the other passengers are male and female.

No, they're all members of the opp-sex. Same as when a naked gal walks on a bus -- all opp-sex.

Okay so...the women on the bus do what?

Objectify him in the same way as the men would to the naked woman voluntarily walking on the bus.

For real YOU be honest and state exactly what the women would do?

Does it matter? Again, it's a comparison issue. If YES for some, but NO for others, where would that be, why or why not?

And for the love of God don't just say "objectify" him because I think you might not know what the word means.

To treat someone as a (in this case) sexual object, and not treating them as a person. Pretty obvious. It's how you treat this person/object, which isn't just private thoughts that'd make someone "guilty".

Again, the question isn't complex. It becomes complex when we struggle with biases we don't want to readily admit -- whether those biases are good ideas or need adjusting.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 281
view profile
History
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/20/2015 11:25:52 AM

And you my dear, will be in jail for burning a man should you ever make that threat real.

Pretty much. You can get sued as well. And GOD forbid the alleged perp was a minority, you might have Al Sharptan at your door :(

That being said, the fear of force is OFTEN much more effective than the actual use of it. I can say from experience that even the high quality OC spray doesn't work on everyone..especially when drunk or doped out.

Had a guy a sprayed in the face start licking his lips once as he came towards me with a smile lol. Let it be suffice to say I was the only one who needed to get the spray washed off me that night due to close contact engagement getting it on me.
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 282
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/20/2015 11:29:34 AM

That being said, the fear of force is OFTEN much more effective than the actual use of it. I can say from experience that even the high quality OC spray doesn't work on everyone..especially when drunk or doped out.

I don't know. A really hot friend of mine, she got flashed by some dude. Instead of freaking out, she started to laugh at him and his weeny. The guy got angry, but he left her alone.
 SunshineGirl__
Msg: 283
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/20/2015 11:34:04 AM
I can understand the selfish unawareness and lack of empathy of some men for women’s reality. I don’t like it, but I can understand. What I cannot understand is other women’s lack of empathy for their own gender reality. We should all cry for men, because they CHOOSE to participate in these forums, where it is perceived by some that they are getting bashed?

The women who so casually consider female abuse survivors with a sigh and a sneer should remember YOU are still a WOMAN. If you can’t consider other women, consider yourself, maybe that will sink in.

NO not ALL men. Who said all men? Is that really necessary, every single thread has to be declared over and over….not ALL men/women? Jeez.

But oh how awful a man just HAS to read perceived derogatory remarks about men on a dating site forum. Poor babies, maybe start a support group.

blaming and worse, shaming women for having a 'victim' mentality when they ARE being victimized is as bad, if not worse, in some ways, than the original victimization....and frankly, more than a little disturbing coming from another woman.

I agree. I’ve read on various threads here about women who compete with other women, never felt the need for that myself…but maybe it’s the male acceptance some women require… tattling to get in good with Daddy. I’ve seen that before, maybe some don’t grow out of it.

So, no, the world actually ISN'T filled with JUST wonderful men, and if that has been your experience then, good for you, because you are a rarity indeed....and you did NOTHING to make that happen anymore than the women who HAVE been assaulted or abused have to make THAT happen....Don't kid yourself....

Deserves repeating. Love your posts Dee.

Enough to be objectified by everyone on it. Why is everyone SO CHICKEN to answer the question?! :) Oh, it's because we know what the honest answer is, underneath it all -- even naturally to people like myself who rolls their eyes at the excessive P.C. police.

You’ve been asked to define being “objectified,” and you haven’t. Why are you SO CHICKEN to define it? Most likely, because you have no clue what it means.

So what is your “honest answer?” That he asked for “it” by dressing “provocatively?”
What do you think a bus load of women would do to a naked man? Beat the hell out of him? Gang rape him? Use up his body and throw him in a ditch to bleed to death? You are utterly clueless.
 Hearton64
Msg: 284
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/20/2015 11:36:46 AM
I don't sense your empathy for women more than I see
your defense of men having ulterior motives.

I'm so glad that people read minds. I wish I could as it would make deciphering posts much easier.

It's obvious by your mentality that you are trying to win over male
fans with your defense of them. One doesn't need to read minds to see that
In your posts. I wouldn't wish you being raped for years as a child on my worst enemy
But unless you had been abused by a man in one of the MANY ways by many men
you're talking out your slit!

I am in no way, shape or form defending bad behavior by men. And no, not all women have been "abused" by men, some have, not all and not the majority. And yes, I have empathy, I live in a world filled with women and I hear their stories and I have my own.

You are perpetuating the bystander mentality that helps protect abusive men imo.

The point of my post that was quoted was missed - not all men abuse, some have but not the majority. And by you numbers of 1 in 4 being abused...that is not the majority.Don't blame ALL men for the actions of some.

Who has blamed ALL MEN for the actions of MORE than some???

Not I! And you missed MY point in that there are many, many forms of
Abuse against women (that we can't always protect ourselves from!)
not just child sexual abuse that is 1 in 4 victims!

And if you added up ALL the types it would be closer to 1 in 2 women are
abused by men in one form or another!

So yeah don't give me attitude for calling you out when you
can't understand the full impact of male violence against women
is so engrained in society and all of our cultures and it's treated as
men bashing if a woman stands up and screams,

ITS AT PANDEMIC RATES!

SOMEONE STOP THE MADNESS!!!!

https://www.rainn.org/get-information/statistics/frequency-of-sexual-assault

How often does sexual assault occur?

There is an average of 293,066 victims (age 12 or older) of rape and sexual assault each year.1

Every 107 seconds, another American is sexually assaulted.
Here's the math. According to the U.S. Department of Justice's National Crime Victimization Survey (NCVS)--there is an average of 293,066 victims (age 12 or older) of rape and sexual assault each year.

There are 525,600 minutes in a non-leap year. That makes 31,536,000 seconds/year. So, 31,536,000 divided by 293,066 comes out to 1 sexual assault every 107 seconds.

When do sexual assaults occur?
According to the U.S. Department of Justice's NCVS study, rates of sexual assault (meaning, the number of victims per 1,000 people age 12 or older) fluctuate depending, in part, on the time of year. Summer has the highest rates of rape and sexual assault, while winter and fall the lowest. From 1993-2010, rape and sexual assault rates were on average 10% lower in the fall than the summer, 9% lower on average in the winter, and 6% lower on average in the spring.2

The Unvictims

Sexual assault has fallen by 49% in recent years.3
Had the 1993 rate held steady, about 9.7 million Americans would have been assaulted in the last 20 years.

Thanks to the decline, the actual number of victims was about 4.2 million. In other words, if not for the progress we've made in the last 20 years, an additional 5.5 million Americans would have become victims of sexual violence.

While we should be happy that we’re making progress,
we are still a very long way from solving this problem.

Every two minutes, another American is sexually assaulted.

But women need to own their bodies and choices and quit with the victim mentality
And not blame all men for half the mens choices to;

RAPE
ASSAULT
ABUSE
MOLEST

PHUCK THAT!

I know good men exist!

I'm with one right now!

I also know most men don't stand up against abusive men
or this wouldn't continue so we
"Fem-nazi's " who have been abused by more than
"The few" have to do it ourselves!

I'll count you out though.

Hope all the men who think this is a men against women issue
approve of your mentality but for the men who understand it as a
Women and men issue against ABUSIVE MEN
They will hear me loud and clear!

It takes balls to go against "guy code" that protects abusive men!

So thank you to any man who has balls!
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 285
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/20/2015 11:37:13 AM

Had a guy a sprayed in the face start licking his lips once as he came towards me with a smile lol. Let it be suffice to say I was the only one who needed to get the spray washed off me that night due to close contact engagement getting it on me.

Been there and done that. Not fun.

Some people are not affected. We used to have an officer spray OC on his mexican food and hot wings. I kid you
not. :/
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 286
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/20/2015 11:37:59 AM
It can be found in any auto parts store, we use spray brake fluid to clean most parts of a vehicle.
 Theophannia
Msg: 287
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/20/2015 11:38:30 AM
Well the point is just this. As a woman I don't want to actually hurt someone.

SO generally the basis of my method is as a fear weapon, not an actual harm weapon.

I carry other things in case of having to do harm. But I generally go for the scare tactic first, not wanting to get hurt or inflict it.
 Dee4166
Msg: 288
view profile
History
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/20/2015 11:44:11 AM
No no Sunshine, you're confused...that is what a bus full of MEN would probably do... Thanks for the compliments...

Ok no, in all seriousness...in the West? A nude woman? Well it would be an interesting experiment....not sure you'd find many female volunteers, though....

A bus full of women would probably look at him appreciatively if he were hot, and next someone would ask wth he was DOING on a bus naked????

Then they'd probably offer him their coats scarves and whatnot to cover up depending on the 'story', or else just enjoy the view until he got off, yep, I HEARD it! LOL....the bus.....

What would happen to a woman?

See news story at 11.....

As far as bear spray...it actually isn't just 'pepper' spray, there is I believe some mace thrown in there as well....
It's actually to be used against bears, so not a lot of guidelines about being non-toxic or not harmful....My brother in law who was a long time hunter is the one who recommended it because technically it actually isn't illegal here in Canada....and he says he's seen it stop a rather large bear in his tracks, so....
Any way, worked for me, although being aware and alert is always the best way to try and avoid danger, sometimes, it's good to know that you have something to keep a large man at bay, when/if cornered as getting close for any reason is not a great idea, from all of the self-defense courses that I've taken....
 CharminC
Msg: 289
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/20/2015 11:46:05 AM
NG.... I tell you what.
Why don't you think for a moment of being female get on a bus full of men in ... say India. I'll even let you be fully dressed for this one and imagine what could really happen. Do some research if you need help with your imagination.
Then imagine you are well dressed, totally buffed standing in a party bus full women celebrating a bacherette. (Notice I had to make the women drunk and give the excuse of partying to balance the scenerio to a regular bus in India?)
Then come back and tell us about the difference of objectifaction between the male and female.

If a woman got naked and walked on a bus full of men, I would say she would be more fearless than 99.9% of men (and 99.9999% of women). I think that's a point that would be completely silly to throw out. I mean, that's part of the point, right?

You know I heart ya but do you seriously pull things out of your ass and giggle over it as an devil's advocate just for argument's and shyt n' giggles sake? Are you THAT bored?
No.... that wasn't the point at all.
Yes, she may be fearless but you can bet that once standing inside that bus the possibility of her being raped and even killed is real and scares her no matter how brave and fearless she may be on the exterior. That possiblity, on average and in general, is much higher for her than it is for him.

Newoldgirl... did that boss that interview you not realize that he insulted the intelligence of the men in the company? He called them to stupid to know how to control themselves. As if there is something wrong with their breeding to which they can not work along side a "too pretty woman". The fact that he said that..........shows his own stupidity.
Unreal... just unreal.
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 290
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/20/2015 11:58:16 AM

I also know most men don't stand up against abusive men

In my experience this is not "most" men. The only one's that applies too are men that are like minded or physically intimidated by the offender. Pretty easy to nip that behavior in the bud if you aren't afraid to get in someone's face.

It takes balls to go against "guy code" that protects abusive men!

There is no guy code for being a douche.
 Hearton64
Msg: 291
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/20/2015 11:58:54 AM

Then how is it that there is still brutality?

What I am about to say may be too strong for these forums. But here it goes. Why the brutality? Because in savage-like countries not everyone is a person that grew up by principle and there's a culture of blaming the victim. There's a saying in Spanish that says:

"Marico por que te cojí." Which states, with a sense of pride that I may be the fagot, but it's because I fcked you. In other words, male rape. This also applies to the person that is kitnapped, robbed, attacked. The perpetrator has a sense of entitlement that this happened to you because you are stupid and therefore deserve it. So when they short your change, it's your fault because you didn't count, didn't check, were not in the alert. It perpetrates a sense of entitlement that you see quite evident when for example this couple, a woman who happened to be a Miss Universe, her husband and child were coming back from the beach when thugs threw on the highway this device the pictures their tires, and rather than then simply steal their car their money, whatever, they shot them down because the offered some degree of resistance.

You learn at an early age to live by principle, but also, that not everyone adheres to your principles. And that ALSO, by not doing anything, you are indeed doing something.

If you understand this and believe it to be wrong and true why applaud
a woman who doesn't get it and whom should have her woman card revolked?

This last statement is the IG I know and respect!

I know it must suck to be a man having to accept that not all men treat
women as human beings with value but to make it clear if they don't listen to us
as women begging for the violence to end against us and our daughters,
Maybe standing up as good men against them would be more helpful than getting
defensive and thinking we are just "man bashing" for no valid reason?

Just saying.

Believe me when I say my a users do not define me
not do I consider myself to be their victim anymore
but it's so insulting how this topic is reacted to be some
it's all I can do not to set the record straight with zero respect
for the ignorant to the magnitude of this problem.

I was fine discussing "fakeness" until it got REAL around here!
 norwegianguy123
Msg: 292
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/20/2015 11:59:10 AM

You’ve been asked to define being “objectified,” and you haven’t. Why are you SO CHICKEN to define it? Most likely, because you have no clue what it means.

Uhh, look above. I did. At least I didn't avoid it when asked. And again, it's a known term. Do I have to look up ever word for ya? :) Same level for each party, same level of hurt expressed coming off the bus. Would you feel the same sympathy for the guy as the girl? The level objectification is moot -- just as the level of crying. The question is, would your level of sympathy be on the same level for each party?

Beat the hell out of him? Gang rape him? Use up his body and throw him in a ditch to bleed to death?

Again, the objectification level is moot. Would you have more/less/equal sympathy for the guy if he was beaten the hell out of VS the girl? They're both in physically inferior positions to get their a$$-kicked for pulling a stunt like that. Would you have more/less/equal sympathy if it was instead groping? Hooting and hollering treating them as a sex object on display for entertainment? Why would it differ? Asking "but what's being done? what does objectify mean?" is avoiding back-of-the-mind knowledge that Yes, your sympathies would be different.

If I asked "Would you feel any different level of sympathy for a 5 year old or a 6 year old if sexually objectified by an uncle?" -- one wouldn't be confused and avoiding the answer and scoffing at the question saying "What do you mean objectified? In what way?" Such a question Admits that no, it would differ. To this question, we simply say "No, it wouldn't differ, we'd feel the same level of sympathy," because would have the same level of sympathy.
 Dee4166
Msg: 293
view profile
History
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/20/2015 12:00:28 PM
Apparently some people live in a 'Western bubble" and don't seem to be aware of the rash of gang rapes and murders that have resulted recently, especially in India, because women are 'daring' to speak out against discrimination against women....

The western world and culture is such a small part of the many cultural beliefs out there, most of which, are NOT favorable to women....

Guess it's something like that 'don't ask, don't tell' military policy..."We KNOW it goes on, but we just don't want to 'know', it goes on...."
 kj521
Msg: 294
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/20/2015 12:04:03 PM
Goodness! This thread has taken some very thought evoking twists and turns!

As far as victimization and victim mentality goes....I will tell you what I told my daughter after last weeks incident.

When she looked at me with tears in her eyes and asked..."Why me? What did I do?"....I told her.... "Nothing. "
I explained to her that she was not responsible for his bad behavior....only he was.

I told her....we don't choose to be victimized but we can choose to remain a victim or be victorious.
I further explained that what I meant by this was.... if she allowed the bad behavior of one boy to continue to make her feel ashamed and guilty and allowed this experience to change her behavior....she then would remain a victim.

On the other hand if she chose to accept that not all boys were not like this one....accepted that bad things sometimes happen to good people through no fault of their own .....she stayed true to herself and didn't let it change her behavior.....then she would be truly victorious.

Not an easy task but I have found that most people have much more inner strength than they know. :)
 cassie_smiles
Msg: 295
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/20/2015 12:07:25 PM

It's obvious by your mentality that you are trying to win over male
fans with your defense of them. One doesn't need to read minds to see that
In your posts. I wouldn't wish you being raped for years as a child on my worst enemy
But unless you had been abused by a man in one of the MANY ways by many men
you're talking out your slit![/quote}

Oh please, what a crock. I am not defending abusers. Where do you get this shit from? My opinion is just a s valid as any other person on here ranting about this topic. Again, I am NOT defending abusers. What I will defend is those men that don't abuse. If you want to read something into my posts that aren't there...get it right or quit talking out of your azz. I am NOT defending abusers.

You are perpetuating the bystander mentality that helps protect abusive men imo.

Nope, I'm not. Another piece of grasping at straws or putting words in my mouth. I would NOT protect an abusive man, not ever.

So yeah don't give me attitude for calling you out when you
can't understand the full impact of male violence against women
is so engrained in society and all of our cultures and it's treated as
men bashing if a woman stands up and screams,

B.S. I fully understand the scope and impact abuse has on women, I don't live in a cave. And because I don't scream and rant about this in this forum does not mean I'm defending an abuser. Because I don't participate in a stupid conversation about "naked men on a bus vs. a naked women on a bus" b.s. and because I state that not all men abuse...somehow I have "attitude"? I have an opinion, I don't have an agenda and I don't have a rant.
 Hearton64
Msg: 296
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/20/2015 12:11:22 PM

In my experience this is not "most" men. The only one's that applies too are men that are like minded or physically intimidated by the offender. Pretty easy to nip that behavior in the bud if you aren't afraid to get in someone's face.
There is no guy code for being a douche.

Haha... That's funny. Would you inform a friends wife he was cheating on her??
Just for example?

Listen,I've got a sick phuck step father who molested my boyfriends daughter
Who got off Scott free for 6 years of raping a 3-9 year old
here by plea bargaining his way out!

The entire justice system
Had HIS SICK BACK!

I'd consider the defense attorney and the prosecutor douches
For letting him off thanks to guy code!

In my experience it is most men who stand by and enable
or ignore violence against women and children.

But if you are different, thank you.

I'd show him justice right between the eyes if I
didn't have a daughter to raise!

I did drive right to his house thanks to the sex offenders registry
Information and dead stared him into calling his PO claiming he felt
threatened!

Really??? And how does he think a 3-9 year old step daughter felt
every time he RAPED HER?
 Siennarh
Msg: 297
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/20/2015 12:14:13 PM

I fully understand the scope and impact abuse has on women,

Might find this interesting:
Women are more likely than men to stalk, attack and psychologically abuse their partners, according to a University of Florida study.
http://news.ufl.edu/archive/2006/07/women-more-likely-to-be-perpetrators-of-abuse-as-well-as-victims.html
 cassie_smiles
Msg: 298
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/20/2015 12:14:15 PM

Many years ago I applied for a job, for which I was well qualified, in a male dominated industry. I had excellent references and I thought the interview went well. I did not get the job, and when I asked for feedback to help me in my job search, the employer told me, "You are too pretty. You would be a distraction to the guys." WTF?

And just to be contrary and because I have an "attitude", how many women have been hired based on appearance? I'm sure many have, not all, not even some...but many.

I have to this day refused to go to Hooters, I hear their chicken wings are awesome, but I won't go there for two reasons - they just hire young gals and put them in skimpy outfits and they didn't hire a temp we had at my office because she was a size 12.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 299
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/20/2015 12:23:54 PM

How about instead of telling us all to not get drunk. Tell that one p.o.s waste of a skin not to sexually assault anyone!!!!!

Because dozens of sober women (AND men) are a better defense against assault than locking up just ONE animal. End of story.
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 300
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/20/2015 12:25:37 PM

Haha... That's funny. Would you inform a friends wife he was cheating on her??
Just for example?

Hearton64 I'm merely trying to tell you that most men "I" know wouldn't stand by and let a man assault a woman.

How are you making this a comparison? Far cry from sexually abusing, molesting versus infidelity in a marriage. I probably would tell him if his wife was having an affair if he was a close friend. I also would do my best to see him charged if I found out he was molesting his kids or anybody else's or abusing his wife.

Listen,I've got a sick phuck step father who molested my boyfriends daughter
Who got off Scott free for 6 years of raping a 3-9 year old
here by plea bargaining his way out!

I've had my share of those cases, I'm sorry that justice wasn't served in your case or the dozens I had where I felt the punishment wasn't appropriate for the offense.
 Hearton64
Msg: 301
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/20/2015 12:28:31 PM

Oh please, what a crock. I am not defending abusers. Where do you get this shit from? My opinion is just a s valid as any other person on here ranting about this topic. Again, I am NOT defending abusers. What I will defend is those men that don't abuse. If you want to read something into my posts that aren't there...get it right or quit talking out of your azz. I am NOT defending abusers.

There's no damn REASON to defend good non abusive men
unless you're trying to make brownie points with the men here
who obviously aren't abusive towards women!

Where do you get off minimizing the magnitude and amounts of men who
are actually abusive in a multitude of despicable ways against
Other men,women and children!

By defending the the good men you ARE insinuating that we lump them into
one category and that's categorically INCORRECT!

So YOU stop talking out of your azz and get some insight
into the numbers before you minimize the reality here!

Or better yet, try and control who may rape you one day!
 2ufo
Msg: 302
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/20/2015 12:30:38 PM

How about this: Would you truly feel sympathy for a guy more, less, or the same if he was purposely over-dressed in sexually-alluring attire walking onto a bus, and complaining about being objectified VS a woman in that same position getting the same results?

You have two people; one male and one female who get on separate (but equal!) buses filled with people of the opposite sex/gender. At the end of the bus ride, both naked people (who have gotten sexually-alluringly attired) will claim to be objectified. I find this utterly ridiculous as an attempt at an example and consider it a crude attempt to 'blame to naked/sexually dressed victim' with your comment of 'what was she wearing' in an earlier post.

My answer would be, if the guy didn't smirk or chuckle as he said 'I got...heh-heh... objectified' then I'd truly feel sympathetic for his pain. I'd consider him an idiot for putting himself in a position where he could be taken advantage of (as I would consider any woman who nakedly got on a bus of men) and I would ask if he needed to be taken to the hospital or the police station. The same as I would ask any dazed, naked woman walking along the highway.

Point of fact though is that historically more women have been raped by men than men by women. Men are generally stronger and can hold a woman down and still complete the act; women are more likely to believe a man who threatens to punch her face or break her neck. There is a general male acceptance of 'talking her into sex' which a lot of women feel is intimidating. A lot of men feel that it is their right to have a woman whether she wants to or not. Most women don't know how to fight back or even have the mental conception of fighting back. When the naked woman steps on the bus, she has this entire background noise in her head while a man doesn't.

If I asked "Would you feel any different level of sympathy for a 5 year old or a 6 year old if sexually objectified by an uncle?" -- one wouldn't be confused and avoiding the answer and scoffing at the question saying "What do you mean objectified? In what way?"

Ah, you have finally defined 'objectified'. The word is rape or molest or abused or assaulted. I'm sure Crookcatcher could provide the more exact term for whatever happens. I was 5 the first time I was molested - by a friend of my grandmother. I didn't tell anyone because I didn't have enough experience with anything to know what the heck had happened. All I knew was I didn't like Mr. Smith and didn't go over to play with his grandkids after that. I would have the same sympathy for any person in that situation of having one's physical boundaries torn apart. Their clothing choice would be immaterial and every person on the bus would share equal blame for participating.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >