Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ThatGirlNamedAlli
Msg: 353
Women and Fake BeautyPage 15 of 18    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18)
I went to Saphora today and got a girl to show me how to apply eye liner properly and she used a light brown. i dunno. it's ok i guess. I'll play around.
 pd481
Msg: 354
view profile
History
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/21/2015 3:15:41 PM
It seems to me that online dating at its very essence is objectification of men and women. Scan the pictures and look at the model specifications for the object that fits your needs.
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 355
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/21/2015 3:31:53 PM

We were discussing sexual objectification, which has a very specific definition, and does not include admiring intelligence or personality. It can be hurtful to the people being objectified, or seen as a collection of body parts.

Well, people don't choose what they are attracted to. A man admiring a woman's butt may be subconsciously evaluating the size of her hips to carry the baby. A woman admiring a man's butt may be subconsciously evaluating his ability to thrust. It's alright to have physical preferences, as long as you acknowledge the other person as a human being with feelings.

What I don't understand is why some women date men who objectify women. They ignore the nice guy who's respectful, date men who make rude crass sexual comments, and then complain that all men are jerks.
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 356
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/21/2015 3:43:56 PM

What I don't understand is why some women date men who objectify women. They ignore the nice guy who's respectful

Because.......you failed this?

A woman admiring a man's butt may be subconsciously evaluating his ability to thrust.

date men who make rude crass sexual comments, and then complain that all men are jerks.

Another nice guy forage?
 daynadaze
Msg: 357
view profile
History
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/21/2015 5:06:25 PM

What I don't understand is why some women date men who objectify women. They ignore the nice guy who's respectful, date men who make rude crass sexual comments, and then complain that all men are jerks.

It's very easy to understand, they are not interested in you, you in particular, and I do not mean that as an insult, it's just the truth. They may like nice guys just fine, but they did not match up with you, being a nice guy does not include being whiny. Or maybe they like jerks, jerks like to date too, jerks get married too, lots of different people in the world for everyone to look for what they want. But instead, you waste your time chasing women who are not interested in being with you, so then you make up things like being a nice guy and getting crapped on by these women when in fact you keep choosing these kind of women. Wake up, get professional help if you need help to get over this or admit you like this set up so you can whine about it. Because lots of people love drama, and constant picking of bad matches makes for lots of drama.
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 358
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/21/2015 6:50:11 PM

But instead, you waste your time chasing women who are not interested in being with you, so then you make up things like being a nice guy and getting crapped on by these women when in fact you keep choosing these kind of women.

I've never gone after any of these kinds of women. The more a woman likes men who have no more tact or civility than Beavis and Butthead, the lower her IQ.
 gtomustang
Msg: 359
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/21/2015 7:14:02 PM
"What I don't understand is why some women date men who objectify women. They ignore the nice guy who's respectful, date men who make rude crass sexual comments, and then complain that all men are jerks"

>>>a gent screen-named RT will be along shortly to explain.

as for objectification, I just came home from dinner at Hooters'. Shall I say more?
 ThePig0fYourDreams
Msg: 360
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/21/2015 7:30:40 PM

The more a woman likes men who have no more tact or civility than Beavis and Butthead, the lower her IQ.

Hey, you leave Beavis and Butthead alone.
 daynadaze
Msg: 361
view profile
History
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/21/2015 8:20:55 PM
That was not a literal *you*, only you know what fits you and what doesn't. When someone goes on about all women doing this, or a women saying all men do this, you can be pretty sure they are seeking these people. Otherwise a person is going to meet all kinds of people, many of whom are quite nice, but just not for them. A match is much more complicated than hey we like the same things, while a mismatch is pretty easy to see right away.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 362
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/21/2015 10:24:35 PM
There are just as many people out there that cannot accept rejection as there is people who cannot accept themselves for who they are.

It seems kind of a contradiction - we know what we don't like instantly, but cannot accept politely how quickly people can reject US for the very same reasons. We struggle with accepting matching qualities in another person, yet refuse to be patient enough to allow another to warm up to us gradually the same way.
 2ufo
Msg: 363
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/22/2015 1:23:45 AM

Men and women say the same thing. The excitement, drama, upset is all part of it, the guys also believe and cite that crazy women are better in bed.

I've been told that having a jealous spouse/lover/SO is genuine proof that s/he loves you. That the more excitement and drama, the greater and deeper the love.

I'm not buying it.
My only thought on it is whatever fits your niche.
 GattoMonstrosis
Msg: 364
view profile
History
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/22/2015 1:37:13 AM

I've been told that having a jealous spouse/lover/SO is genuine proof that s/he loves you.

I've definitely been accused of disinterest when i haven't acted jealously, but the way i see it is that you only act jealous if you feel threatened or insecure, so was i disinterested or confident?

Drama be crazy. :)
 Dee4166
Msg: 365
view profile
History
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/22/2015 2:03:52 AM

Truer words my friend, ....truer words.....

Jealousy as a demonstration of 'love' is like giving a venomous snake as a gift....

The 'gift' part is nice and all, but the snake, well, not so much...In fact it's the antithesis of what a 'gift' is all about ....
 GattoMonstrosis
Msg: 366
view profile
History
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/22/2015 2:22:19 AM

It's interesting that groups of people tend to be more liberal with bad behaviour in general, due to a sense of not only anonymity, but also a general lack of accountability or fear of being singled out, depending on the size of the crowd....

I remember seeing something about the bystander effect not long ago, how people are far more likely to help victims of an accident if they are alone because no one else is around to take responsibility, but as soon as you have a large enough group then personal responsibility shifts to "Someone else will do something." I can't remember the statistic that was quoted but it was quite surprising.

Mob mentality i think is the other side of the coin, there's a shared irresponsibility and rejection of the social contracts, i don't know if the right word is primal or if it should be animalistic but it becomes ok to do terrible things simply because no one is stopping you, to revel in behaviour so far off the page that it's not even in the same library let alone the same book as normal social behaviour. It's like the line from Hollow Man "It's amazing what you can do... when you don't have to look at yourself in the mirror any more"
 newoldgirl
Msg: 367
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/22/2015 8:14:08 AM

I've definitely been accused of disinterest when i haven't acted jealously, but the way i see it is that you only act jealous if you feel threatened or insecure, so was i disinterested or confident?

Same. Some woman was flirting pretty hard with my ex at an event, and he was miffed that I wasn't angry. Wow. I thought I was trusting him, since he had never , ever given be any reason to think he would cheat.

Word.
 VolkanoKing
Msg: 368
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/22/2015 8:21:38 AM
"The excitement, drama, upset is all part of it"

I've seen this. Men are absolutely not immune to the excitement and "call" of constant rescue by some squawling female.

I've noticed the guys who had mothers who were demanding and freaked out and had to be attended to more emotionally seem to fall into this routine. It's familiar ground.
 gtomustang
Msg: 369
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/22/2015 10:26:33 AM
gosh, just came from the thread about bald men, and apparently a fellow who's profile pick shows long hair admitted he's bald...but he'll show his real photo if someone's showing interest in him. guess it all goes both ways.

indeed, VK, many of us date our parents. we're comfortable with what we grew up with, b/c what else did we see during our formulative years? we know...what we know. the funny part is, if we men marry a wife who is as dramatic as our mom...well, is it any wonder MILs and wives get along so well?

I mean, ever take two people trying to be the center of attention...and stick 'em in a room together to fight for ownership of the room? :)

what do we hate more than...what we know too well to have any respect for it?
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 370
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/22/2015 11:12:09 AM

...many of us date our parents

Uhhh...
 springorfall
Msg: 371
view profile
History
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/22/2015 6:46:41 PM
Well, if a woman is 'fake but stays the same' then what is reality? If you *always* look a certain way, then that is your reality and the guy who is attracted to that look won't be disappointed because what attracted him is who you are (or what you look like.) None of us look the way we did when we were born. Which is just as well, because the bald, squirming, 7lb, look isn't for every woman.

(may I just say that I think it's v sad when you say that there is "nothing special about (you)" . I bet there is. All it takes is the right pair of eyes to appreciate that 'special' way your mouth moves when you laugh, or that 'special' way you raise your eyebrows when making a point... or whatever will be that little thing that makes a certain someone feel gooey about you.)
 gtomustang
Msg: 372
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/23/2015 7:55:21 AM
indeed^^^

I sup'd a few nights back at Hooters (as research for this post, natch). many 10's, but one who was well received by her customers was a gregarious sort. approachable. see, one of the many things keeping the average fellow from chatting up a young lovely is the fear of keeping the conversation rolling. the second worst thing a woman can say to a man is a one word answer--its up to him to keep things going.

this lady, on the other hand, did her part to keep a conversation going. like I said before, the best looking thing a woman can put upon her lovely face is an intelligent look. someone who's interested in the conversation, or just interested in keeping it going, can be a wonderful thing (assuming one wants to talk to that person,natch).

I can't say that I want to talk to everyone in the world. sometimes I just wish to go into a store, pick up what I came for, and get the hell out. but, sometimes, its nice to just take it slow, make it an experience, joke with the clerks and hear the story the cashier is dying to tell.
 deetristate
Msg: 373
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/23/2015 6:46:19 PM
I took my kids to hooters. Women on the street wear less these days
 The_Lady_Is_A_Tramp
Msg: 374
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/26/2015 8:42:43 AM
Hi OP....

I'm just going to answer this as a woman who enjoys changing my look from day to day. I enjoy wearing make up. I have long, natural hair but, honestly dealing with a 4 year old and hair down your back in the morning gets tough. Sometimes it's easier to pop on a wig and be on my way. Lol. Do what makes you happy because in the end you're responsible for you. If a man tells me he loves my hair I say 'thank you'. If he asks how I grew my hair so long, I let him in on my secret. I've never been dumped for it. If someone did curve me for it though, I'd have to shrug my shoulders and move on.

I'm too old and too happy to change the way I do things.

I'd also like to comment that my real hair and skin are in tip top shape and adding a little or lot extra from time to time is a cherry on top. Just be honest about to the guys you date.

Also: Corsets can be some of the sexiest undergarments on earth. Nothing wrong with a cinched waist.

Just FYi, the Asian woman who was sued by her husband had a whole new face. Her jaws were filed. Her hairline was redone. I'm sure nothing you're doing is that serious.
 colt452zig
Msg: 375
view profile
History
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/26/2015 12:41:57 PM
if you are a four look for other fours if you are a six look for other sixes and if you're a 10 look for other tens but you have to know you were trying to cheat reality and that is not going to work in your favor reality cannot be cheated
 GattoMonstrosis
Msg: 376
view profile
History
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/26/2015 1:11:02 PM
I don't believe in scores, there's no objective scale for something so subjective, unless you go by media crap about size zero blondes or whoever they say is the hottest supermodel of the moment.
 deetristate
Msg: 377
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/26/2015 1:25:49 PM
And 90% of blondes in the USA are from a bottle anyway. Eliminates a lot of people.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >