Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 378
Women and Fake BeautyPage 16 of 18    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18)

And 90% of blondes in the USA are from a bottle anyway. Eliminates a lot of people.

Ah, you're so full of s h it. Next you're going to tell me that Santa Claus does not exist.

Hehehe.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 379
view profile
History
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/26/2015 4:31:13 PM
They are just as natural, as all of the redheads are out there.

Like green, blue, pink, orange, and stripe headed women.

I'm waiting for plaid. But, blue and orange polka dots would be nice also.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 380
view profile
History
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/26/2015 6:18:03 PM
colt452zig

The trouble with looking for a four or a five or whatever, like yourself, is that many do not perceive themselves as less attractive than they are. Or rate themselves realistically. Men typically go for way above their "rating" and if they have money and other assets, can get them. Women typically will go for the less attractive guy than they are on the rating scale, if they are successful, and have other qualities. You see babes with ugly men but rarely the other way around, right???

Wearing different looks is fun. Make up, hairstyles and clothing. We can all spot fake a mile away so where is the deception?? Nose jobs perhaps but everything else, including boob implants, are obvious. A woman can dye her hair blonde and men know it, but still react in a certain way and find them hot whatever. So please......

We are all a mix of our ancestral genes and it is all a lottery. No matter what work we have done, we are only a percentage of the genetic input, as far as children go.
 clooneystutor
Msg: 381
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/26/2015 6:21:53 PM
^^^^
Exactly.

Perhaps the only area that women are more forgiving then men...visually.
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 382
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/26/2015 6:33:05 PM

Men typically go for way above their "rating" and if they have money and other assets, can get them. Women typically will go for the less attractive guy than they are on the rating scale, if they are successful, and have other qualities. You see babes with ugly men but rarely the other way around, right???

I can't speak for other men but I wouldn't want to date a woman who doesn't find me attractive physically and is only dating me because I have other qualities. I like to know that my partner is also as attracted to me visually as I am to her.
 SLAFFA
Msg: 383
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/26/2015 6:40:49 PM
Nothing wrong with Ribbons and Bows.

As long as there is something of "substance" INside the box.

But REALITY is that "many" if not most women spend all that time, money and effort on their appearance because of the obvious ADVANTAGES being physically attractive affords them, NOT because they enjoy the process.

Being a man is a much easier row to hoe.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 384
view profile
History
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/26/2015 7:41:56 PM
Men have just as much pressure to be desirable. They are typically judged on their jobs, height, weight etc, sexual performance. Some spend a lot of money on plastic surgery these days as well, not to mention rigorous regimes at the gym, hair dye and moisturiser. Just ask TGIF333.

Easier row to hoe??? I do not think so.
 gtomustang
Msg: 385
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/26/2015 7:47:43 PM
I wouldn't mind finding an easier hoe to row :)

I don't mind someone "sprucing up the goods". it could be a compliment to me, that they want me that much. my first time I was lucky enough to be a motherfkr, she was concerned about the stretch marks on her belly. I was glad to show her, that wasn't the part of her I was so interested in :)

we all have some part of us we'd like to make better. well, after age 30 at least.
 Peas_
Msg: 386
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 7/15/2015 7:28:49 PM
I want a face lift, with my luck, I'd prolly end up looking like sylvester stallone.
 Tarnished_Knight
Msg: 387
view profile
History
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 7/15/2015 10:00:01 PM

I want a face lift, with my luck, I'd prolly end up looking like sylvester stallone.

I think that's called a "face droop."

p.s., for the record: SS's facial characteristics were caused by improper forceps use during delivery resulting in some nerve damage.
 shirleywonton01
Msg: 388
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 7/15/2015 10:34:50 PM
Facelifts are common procedures these days, pretty flawless. Best to not do everything at once. Face first, eyes later for the best symmetry. After 50 even with a facelift you need injections because the face hollows out as the fat drops with gravity. There is one out now that is fabulous, Sculptra. I think there are a few replicas with other names now too. Before fillers injections only lasted 6 months to a year. Sculptra lasts 2 to 3 years. Do a search on the before/after photos. I don't care for botox, it only lasts up to 6 months and for the money you'll spend it's better to get a facelift which takes out the wrinkle better.
 Eternitygracesme
Msg: 389
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 7/16/2015 3:01:47 AM

There, in my mind at least, is nothing wrong with "plain". Plain can be quite entertaining because she is more interested in living a life, and not living in a land of pretense and make believe.

There are some of us who enjoy make up and dress, also enjoy life with varied interests, like traveling, walking, family, intellectual pursuits, literature, astronomy, visionary people, invention, politics that affect us, etc.

If I choose to flatter *myself* with cosmetics, it doesn't mean I'm shallow; it just mans I enjoy cosmetics. It doesn't mean I'm worthless, either.
 Strings6
Msg: 390
view profile
History
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 7/16/2015 3:47:33 AM
What I find amusing is all the sour grapes in regard to appearance....it must be fake,they have no personality,are stupid etc etc....of course we know all less than attractive people have fabulous personalities with insight and depth and an absolute joy to be around.....right.
 StarClassic
Msg: 391
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 7/16/2015 7:24:56 AM

If I choose to flatter *myself* with cosmetics, it doesn't mean I'm shallow; it just mans I enjoy cosmetics.

Advantage isn't the right word, but since I can't find the one I'm wanting I'm going to use it.

Eternity, the advantage you have over a lot of women is that you don't, as I put it, try to hard.
You have enough sense to use cosmetics to highlight what you were already endowed with rather than trying to sculpt features that just aren't there.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 392
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 7/16/2015 7:34:24 AM

When I was actively dating and entertaining offers here and there, one of the first three questions I would always ask is "How long does it take you to apply your warpaint for the day?" Those that were standoffish got a pass, and those that also believed in the "less is more" got another look.

You would always ask this?
That's pretty rude.
Gosh you must have been something back in the day when you could say this and still entertain "offers".
ahahahahaha!

gads
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 393
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 7/16/2015 7:38:23 AM

You would always ask this?
That's pretty rude.

Interestingly enough that as you find this to be pretty rude, other women love the honesty of that question. It's is a bold question, thus requiring a guy that is secure not only about himself but his understanding of women. It is also a question that a guy uses to filter the prude, or the delusional women that are looking not for real men, but those guys in tin cans pretending to be in shining armor.
 clooneystutor
Msg: 394
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 7/16/2015 7:50:01 AM

one of the first three questions I would always ask

Besides asking about her warpaint and prescriptions, what was the 3rd question?
 browneyesboo
Msg: 395
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 7/16/2015 7:57:11 AM
Well now that I've been schooled, I'll await the
replies from the women appreciating the enquiries regarding
their war paint time tables.

Haha @ this place! :-)
 gtomustang
Msg: 396
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 7/16/2015 8:36:42 AM
while I suspect a woman has to be interested in the man who asks this question...I will say, I've met a few ladies would could stomach a blunt question. for example, in the case of the war paint, if they didn't see the WP as part of their identity, but a necessary evil, a thing separate from themselves, then they could stand honest questioning about it. or for example, someone might accept a probing question about the brown-nosing they "had" to do at a job, if they believed it indeed was part of the job, a necessary thing to do. everyone else who thought they were sneaking by in their brownnosing, who thought it wasn't being noticed, who really really wanted to be accepted....they'd get red in the face when asked, and act like they were under the spotlight and being accused of something.
 SunshineGirl__
Msg: 397
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 7/16/2015 2:00:27 PM

"How long does it take you to apply your warpaint for the day?"

I think that’s rude, as well, and I sure wouldn’t think him “bold” or “honest;” just obnoxious. “War paint”??? that’s wrong in so many ways.

Oh but women who are offended are “prudes” (????) and/or “delusional”?
I think you may be a bit deluded if you think asking that question shows he understands women. Any child can see a cosmetic commercial and deduce it is aimed at women.

Not being rude is white knighting? That says you have an insecurity(s) that requires you to insult women and other men who disagree with you...or your perception of yourself.

PS. Why are you purple?

I'm as direct as a gunshot, and as blunt as blunt force trauma.

And “serious as a heart attack”? Zzzzz.

You do look like you’re going for kind of a bad boy, scully, Eminem vibe….; I can imagine you rapping to that line and of course Eminem would be much more crude. Something for you to aspire to.

or the chat would end pretty quickly

yes I bet it does.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 398
view profile
History
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 7/17/2015 1:08:46 AM
It takes me five minutes to put some colour on my face and I look and feel better for it. It is for myself only. Taking time with one's appearance gets you more respect from others in general and after all men have coloured their faces etc., for eons. Real "warpaint" in fact. We all prefer to look at something pretty rather than something plain and men are the first to dismiss the latter for the former.

MaleFeasance
Msg: 399
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 7/17/2015 2:54:43 AM
It's is a bold question
----------------
Not really. It's just "negging." It's easy to look at woman and see how much makeup she is wearing. I've never dated women who wear much makeup and I've never had to ask to know that. That question serves no purpose other than to try to put a woman on the defensive.
 newoldgirl
Msg: 400
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 7/17/2015 1:52:29 PM

It takes me five minutes to put some colour on my face and I look and feel better for it. It is for myself only. Taking time with one's appearance gets you more respect from others in general and after all men have coloured their faces etc., for eons. Real "warpaint" in fact. We all prefer to look at something pretty rather than something plain and men are the first to dismiss the latter for the former.

I probably spend a good ten minutes, because although I do wear makeup, I like to make it look like I am NOT wearing makeup...LOL.

I agree, I just feel better when I look in mirror, and I have a little colour. If it doesn't take too long, or have negative side effects, why not?
 shirleywonton01
Msg: 401
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 7/18/2015 12:30:51 PM
That's funny. When I worked in a field that demanded you look top shape, I would joke around about applying the war paint. I'd even bring it up on the first date jokingly, guess I wanted men to know I viewed it as war paint and not a necessity.
 BLonde^J^AngeL
Msg: 402
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 7/19/2015 7:20:01 AM

It takes me five minutes to put some colour on my face and I look and feel better for it. It is for myself only. Taking time with one's appearance gets you more respect from others in general

5-10 mins tops IMO. Otherwise it becomes like a drag queen makeup tutorial.

However, even mental health professionals say that a person's grooming/hygiene is a reflection of their mental health.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >