Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SunshineGirl__
Msg: 397
Women and Fake BeautyPage 17 of 18    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18)

"How long does it take you to apply your warpaint for the day?"

I think that’s rude, as well, and I sure wouldn’t think him “bold” or “honest;” just obnoxious. “War paint”??? that’s wrong in so many ways.

Oh but women who are offended are “prudes” (????) and/or “delusional”?
I think you may be a bit deluded if you think asking that question shows he understands women. Any child can see a cosmetic commercial and deduce it is aimed at women.

Not being rude is white knighting? That says you have an insecurity(s) that requires you to insult women and other men who disagree with you...or your perception of yourself.

PS. Why are you purple?

I'm as direct as a gunshot, and as blunt as blunt force trauma.

And “serious as a heart attack”? Zzzzz.

You do look like you’re going for kind of a bad boy, scully, Eminem vibe….; I can imagine you rapping to that line and of course Eminem would be much more crude. Something for you to aspire to.

or the chat would end pretty quickly

yes I bet it does.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 398
view profile
History
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 7/17/2015 1:08:46 AM
It takes me five minutes to put some colour on my face and I look and feel better for it. It is for myself only. Taking time with one's appearance gets you more respect from others in general and after all men have coloured their faces etc., for eons. Real "warpaint" in fact. We all prefer to look at something pretty rather than something plain and men are the first to dismiss the latter for the former.

MaleFeasance
Msg: 399
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 7/17/2015 2:54:43 AM
It's is a bold question
----------------
Not really. It's just "negging." It's easy to look at woman and see how much makeup she is wearing. I've never dated women who wear much makeup and I've never had to ask to know that. That question serves no purpose other than to try to put a woman on the defensive.
 newoldgirl
Msg: 400
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 7/17/2015 1:52:29 PM

It takes me five minutes to put some colour on my face and I look and feel better for it. It is for myself only. Taking time with one's appearance gets you more respect from others in general and after all men have coloured their faces etc., for eons. Real "warpaint" in fact. We all prefer to look at something pretty rather than something plain and men are the first to dismiss the latter for the former.

I probably spend a good ten minutes, because although I do wear makeup, I like to make it look like I am NOT wearing makeup...LOL.

I agree, I just feel better when I look in mirror, and I have a little colour. If it doesn't take too long, or have negative side effects, why not?
 shirleywonton01
Msg: 401
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 7/18/2015 12:30:51 PM
That's funny. When I worked in a field that demanded you look top shape, I would joke around about applying the war paint. I'd even bring it up on the first date jokingly, guess I wanted men to know I viewed it as war paint and not a necessity.
 BLonde^J^AngeL
Msg: 402
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 7/19/2015 7:20:01 AM

It takes me five minutes to put some colour on my face and I look and feel better for it. It is for myself only. Taking time with one's appearance gets you more respect from others in general

5-10 mins tops IMO. Otherwise it becomes like a drag queen makeup tutorial.

However, even mental health professionals say that a person's grooming/hygiene is a reflection of their mental health.
 Szaszaspasz
Msg: 403
view profile
History
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 7/19/2015 8:52:24 AM
I always figured that those who wore make up and spent extra time on their hair had more self-discipline than me.

I never liked anything on my face (as a kid I never did like getting my face painted).

When I got to my teens and others started to wear make-up, I just wanted to sleep in.

I know that mascara would make my eyes more noticeable but then I would end up smudging it and would find it a pain to remove.

I used to wear nail polish as a teenager, but I found in the past few years, I'm too impatient to wait for it to dry

I figure that most use cosmetics to accentuate things. If a person's appearance is radically different without cosmetics, fake eyelashes, etc, I guess them and any new love interest will have to cross that bridge when they come to it.

Whatever makes a person happy...
 Eternitygracesme
Msg: 404
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 7/19/2015 8:55:42 AM

I probably spend a good ten minutes, because although I do wear makeup, I like to make it look like I am NOT wearing makeup...LOL.

I understand.

I recently ordered cosmetic hauls from a couple of South East Asian countries, in the last week. I tend to prefer their hair dyes, shampoos, rinses, face washes, creams, make up set and moisturizing sprays, cooling eye balms, face balms, and even cosmetics like magic foundation cushions, translucent powder, lip jellies, stains, and tints, because I have less reactions to them. The products I use range from Elf to Tony Moly to Etude House to Chanel to La Prarie and others in between.

I don't consider my collection of products as "war paint." I'm not warring with anybody. I take pride in my appearance and I enjoy the time I take in grooming myself.
 platypus_man
Msg: 405
view profile
History
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 7/19/2015 10:09:03 AM

A natural looking girl beats a fake girl every day of the week

See, that's what people will tell you because that's what they know you want to hear. Then they go scampering off after the hollywood actress that's had all sorts of work done 'but she looks natural'. Pretty much every girl knows that guys want a girl who's naturally beautiful but is so without using any makeup. Right. It's the same reason why women want a guy who's honest about who he is. Nobody wants to be fooled and wind up married to someone who is less than what we wanted.

That said, be all you can be, every day. Be the best you that you can make you. guys, wake up, take a shower, shave well every day, keep your hair looking good, and wear decent clothes. Keep a job and do your best to advance. Girls, remember that guys don't give a crap what you do for a living, as long as you don't waste all of the money we make. But take your time in the morning and try to look the best you can, stay reasonably fit, and be nice. Most guys don't want 'a challenge', or 'a chase'. Make us chase and we'll look elsewhere. If you need hair extensions, use them until you can grow your hair out, then take care of that hair. Whatever you're 'look', make it yours, and keep it maintained. Because whether they tell you or not, looks matter, and if you look one way when you get together with a man, and let your looks go later on, that WILL change the dynamics of the relationship, just like if your man quit his job and decided to sit on the corner and play the guitar for a living, trying to collect money in the guitar case. Great if you're good at it, but not exactly a great career choice.
 newoldgirl
Msg: 406
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 7/19/2015 10:39:59 AM

A natural looking girl beats a fake girl every day of the week

.....................................................................................................

See, that's what people will tell you because that's what they know you want to hear. Then they go scampering off after the hollywood actress that's had all sorts of work done 'but she looks natural'. Pretty much every girl knows that guys want a girl who's naturally beautiful but is so without using any makeup.

That's why I use makeup carefully. At fifty years old, my skin is not perfect. The bulk of time I spend on "fake beauty" is on taking very good care of my skin, and applying makeup to minimize any blemishes and even out skin tone. The "war paint" ---mascara and lipstick are the least of it. Those thing only take a minute or two. and I use them sparingly. Taking the time to make my skin look good is the part that makes me look much better and more natural.

No man I have ever had a relationship with has ever mentioned my appearance other than in a complimentary way and NONE of them have ever questioned or commented on my makeup use/lack of use at all. If they had criticisms they kept them to themselves!
 CynthiaSM
Msg: 407
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 7/19/2015 10:55:06 AM
It takes about 2 minutes - a) comb hair, b) insert barrets, c) apply mascara
Any one or all of those steps may be optional on any given day.

Done
 SunshineGirl__
Msg: 408
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 7/19/2015 1:11:36 PM
I was referring to the guy who made the comments I responded to…that’s how conversation works.

I couldn’t possibly care less about you or your demeaning views on women. Lots of woman-haters on here; nothing special about you.
 ThatGirlNamedAlli
Msg: 409
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 7/19/2015 2:16:59 PM
I just started using, or trying out eyeliner. It's ok, but sometimes I think it makes my eyes too dark and I wipe it off.
But I do use this pink hue cream blush most times and it's really makes a difference, in a good way. I like it.
 MasterOfReality84
Msg: 410
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 7/19/2015 2:54:54 PM
I feel more attracted to natural looking women, I even like it when they look like they don't care about their look so much.
 BLonde^J^AngeL
Msg: 411
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 7/19/2015 3:44:50 PM
MR. O...omg what a story
 Eternitygracesme
Msg: 412
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 7/19/2015 4:45:23 PM

As a woman, it's a damned it you do, damned if you don't. I wear make-up sometimes, sometimes I don't. But I won't let any judgement from someone else affect my decision on that. I just look how I want to look and people can take it or leave it. I always feel a lot more me with make-up an makes me feel really good about myself. :)

I concur.

What you choose to put on your body and how much you spend to groom yourself is your choice to make -- nobody else's.

If somebody doesn't want to date a woman who wears more make up they think shouldn't be applied, then it's their prerogative to find somebody else and can keep their shitty opinions about it, to themselves, too.
 Whistle_Stop
Msg: 413
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 7/19/2015 4:52:29 PM
I like a bit of make up for myself.....as for other women...I don't pay no never mind.
If it's put on like stage make up...I might double look.
Some definitely look good natural but some could and do look better if they have make up on...imo.
It's an individual choice....just like dying your hair.

I had to laugh....One my brothers was just here for a visit, he's 6 years older than mewa
quite taken back that I dye my hair(streaks)...too funny!
I look at it...as maintenance.
I wish more men....would worry about their appearance....crikey, I've seen enough of
mountain looking, unkempt, grubby looking men....ugh!
Since I have gotten older....my nose detects and my stomach heaves at the offensive odors of
some people.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 414
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 7/19/2015 5:19:07 PM
Whistle Stop- For me, how much "fixing" I do depends on the occasion.
I will be seen with no make up, and I can get ready fairly quickly if I have to.
There are times when I go all out.
Mardi Gras is a big deal around here. Men and women dress formally, women get their hair and nails done, wear more make up than they do any other time. When I go to one, if I were to show up in a formal dress, but not looking good otherwise, I would stick out like a sore thumb and honestly, it feels good to take the time on myself, it is only once a year.
Then there are weddings, family and school reunions, not everyone is going to take the time to look their best for these occasions, but a lot of people, including me, do.
If someone really objects to "fake beauty" and/or insists on "low maintenance" women, then hey, go for it.
But I don't see it as a big deal and it would get on my nerves if a man gave me a hard time about taking what he considers too long to get ready. As long as I'm ready on time, what's the big deal?
What I think would be VERY interesting would be to see what would happen if some of these men going on about fake beauty, low maintenance, taking too long to get ready, etc., got put on the spot.
Let's just say the occasion is a wedding, you are going to be seeing people who have not seen you in a while and most people are going to be looking their best.
Now, the women appears, she's dressed right, but her hair is a mess and she skipped make up.
Then, the reaction would come.
I think it's highly likely it would be one of two things.
The man really is ok with her not fixing up, or he would get a deer in the head lights look and then have to either ask her to make a little more effort or go with her as is and secretly be a little embarrassed.
In other words, there are men who truly look for women who are natural, and those that think they want that, but really don't.
Me, if I want to take the time, I'm going to, so I let men know that fairly early on and they can accept it or not.
 mjinict
Msg: 415
view profile
History
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 7/19/2015 5:31:04 PM
^^^I think there was an episode of "Everybody Loves Raymond" like that...Myself, a little makeup daily, and maybe a little more going out on the weekend, nothing garish.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 416
view profile
History
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 7/19/2015 7:22:18 PM
Fact is I enjoy cosmetics, dressing up and changing hairstyles and colour. Depending on mood.
Men say they want natural looking girls but will turn their head when a dyed blonde with implants, stilettos, walks into the room and ignore the mousy girl in flat shoes, with no make up at all. lol!!
 MaleFeasance
Msg: 417
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 7/19/2015 9:15:48 PM
I'll also turn my head to look at a train wreck, but that doesn't mean I want to be one of the passengers.
 Olivoil
Msg: 418
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 7/20/2015 5:13:35 AM
Less is more for me during the day, even in a professional setting. Men present their real face to the world, don't they? and they don't worry about looking plain.

Even a carefully applied, quality makeup seems to shift around as you mature, even with primer. I'd rather take my chances with my 'real face', it's not going to change texture throughout the day or change color. I don't want mascara to smudge under my eyes, so I no longer wear it. Lipstick is my go-to cosmetic, in 'redhead' peachy tones.
 Eternitygracesme
Msg: 419
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 7/20/2015 6:50:01 AM

It's not insulting at all. It's a ridiculous obsession to impress other women. Not men. They don't give two hoots about us men, but they have to look their best to impress a bunch of other nobodies on the street that they may or may not pass by. This is why I refer to it as warpaint.

I suggest that you read the article Oluben posted. It certainly lends perspective to the concept of "war paint," as used in this context.

My use of cosmetics is for my enjoyment and not because of how you define it. I'm not inclined to meddle in my neighbors' personal affairs. What they do with their bodies and money is their business.)
 gtomustang
Msg: 420
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 7/20/2015 7:01:12 AM
at the end of the day, I don't feel there is a "one size fits everyone" answer to makeup. My first internet date wore it, and the next morning when we woke up together, she of course wasn't wearing it and being a southern lady worried about that...and boy she didn't have to. some people just look beautiful, no matter what.

I've also met women who did a great job with makeup. I didn't even realize it until they came into work one day without it on...and I didn't recognize them until they opened their mouth and I recognized them by their speech.

a bottle blonde with fake airbags will catch my attention, in a WTF is that? way. its the same reason one slaps new paint on an old house. Flash works...temporarily.

and of course, if someone with a mask on gets rejected, they can console themselves with the fact that...they weren't presenting the real them at that time. they didn't get rejected, it was the fake face or fake personality that got rejected.
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 421
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 7/20/2015 7:25:42 AM

I've also met women who did a great job with makeup. I didn't even realize it until they came into work one day without it on...and I didn't recognize them until they opened their mouth and I recognized them by their speech.

Back in the day I used to have to do "cattle calls" at least three times a month. We would get an idea of what the shoot was going to be with the photographer, then allign the make up artist that we were going to use. The portfolios of gorgeous women would arrive and we narrowed it down to usually 5 or 6. Then have the model come over the studio or office. It was quite amazing how plain these women looked without make up. Some even looked freaky.
Many times, the make up artist job was to make the model look like she had no make up. This one lady I used a lot used to say that "she could make a dog look like a super model." And she was right.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >