Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mjinict
Msg: 415
view profile
History
Women and Fake BeautyPage 18 of 18    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18)
^^^I think there was an episode of "Everybody Loves Raymond" like that...Myself, a little makeup daily, and maybe a little more going out on the weekend, nothing garish.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 416
view profile
History
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 7/19/2015 7:22:18 PM
Fact is I enjoy cosmetics, dressing up and changing hairstyles and colour. Depending on mood.
Men say they want natural looking girls but will turn their head when a dyed blonde with implants, stilettos, walks into the room and ignore the mousy girl in flat shoes, with no make up at all. lol!!
 MaleFeasance
Msg: 417
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 7/19/2015 9:15:48 PM
I'll also turn my head to look at a train wreck, but that doesn't mean I want to be one of the passengers.
 Olivoil
Msg: 418
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 7/20/2015 5:13:35 AM
Less is more for me during the day, even in a professional setting. Men present their real face to the world, don't they? and they don't worry about looking plain.

Even a carefully applied, quality makeup seems to shift around as you mature, even with primer. I'd rather take my chances with my 'real face', it's not going to change texture throughout the day or change color. I don't want mascara to smudge under my eyes, so I no longer wear it. Lipstick is my go-to cosmetic, in 'redhead' peachy tones.
 Eternitygracesme
Msg: 419
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 7/20/2015 6:50:01 AM

It's not insulting at all. It's a ridiculous obsession to impress other women. Not men. They don't give two hoots about us men, but they have to look their best to impress a bunch of other nobodies on the street that they may or may not pass by. This is why I refer to it as warpaint.

I suggest that you read the article Oluben posted. It certainly lends perspective to the concept of "war paint," as used in this context.

My use of cosmetics is for my enjoyment and not because of how you define it. I'm not inclined to meddle in my neighbors' personal affairs. What they do with their bodies and money is their business.)
 gtomustang
Msg: 420
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 7/20/2015 7:01:12 AM
at the end of the day, I don't feel there is a "one size fits everyone" answer to makeup. My first internet date wore it, and the next morning when we woke up together, she of course wasn't wearing it and being a southern lady worried about that...and boy she didn't have to. some people just look beautiful, no matter what.

I've also met women who did a great job with makeup. I didn't even realize it until they came into work one day without it on...and I didn't recognize them until they opened their mouth and I recognized them by their speech.

a bottle blonde with fake airbags will catch my attention, in a WTF is that? way. its the same reason one slaps new paint on an old house. Flash works...temporarily.

and of course, if someone with a mask on gets rejected, they can console themselves with the fact that...they weren't presenting the real them at that time. they didn't get rejected, it was the fake face or fake personality that got rejected.
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 421
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 7/20/2015 7:25:42 AM

I've also met women who did a great job with makeup. I didn't even realize it until they came into work one day without it on...and I didn't recognize them until they opened their mouth and I recognized them by their speech.

Back in the day I used to have to do "cattle calls" at least three times a month. We would get an idea of what the shoot was going to be with the photographer, then allign the make up artist that we were going to use. The portfolios of gorgeous women would arrive and we narrowed it down to usually 5 or 6. Then have the model come over the studio or office. It was quite amazing how plain these women looked without make up. Some even looked freaky.
Many times, the make up artist job was to make the model look like she had no make up. This one lady I used a lot used to say that "she could make a dog look like a super model." And she was right.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >