Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Maleman999
Msg: 28
Women and Fake BeautyPage 2 of 18    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18)
There is one physical feature that women (or men) can not fake: Obesity. It's an epidemic in western society. A person can have all of the plastic surgery and body parts altered they want, but if someone is obese, and especially if not in decent physical shape as well, all of the altered parts won't attract people who are turned off by obesity.
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 29
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/15/2015 7:13:05 PM

A recent survey indicated the vast and overwhelming majority of women preferred a partner with 7" between his legs.
Goodness knows that I am not going to pay for cosmetic surgery to have 2" of penis removed to meet some latest fad.

Thanks for the laughs, it was very funny! I almost spilled juice on my laptop keyboard lol
 ThatGirlNamedAlli
Msg: 30
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/15/2015 7:20:43 PM
Ouij:

If I had the time and money I'd do nearly everything!!!
If the enhancements are done well, not Blotched the TV show, but well.. more power to you :)

If I had the cash too I'd totally get a couple procedures done. In a heartbeat.

There's a big lotto here tonight, if I win I'll take me and you to a California spa.

edit: oh wait, you're in bc, i forgot. lol. lotto max.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 31
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/15/2015 7:43:56 PM
VirtualSynapse- It's something, these things we all do in this world.
Motives vary, for some it is about fitting in, being accepted, being loved.
For others, it just makes them feel better.
And yet others, it is both.
Women, depending on the woman, will go to greater lengths in their efforts.
Some put in a lot, some none.
Men will at least do basic grooming, bath, shower, some shave, some not. Some pick their clothes carefully, some what is clean.
The motive for this depends on the person.
I wear makeup, I put it on in an effort not to change, but to enhance, but that is me.
I look different without it, but not profoundly different, I feel good when I know I look good and I feel good when I know I don't, because this is a battle of the mind, more than anything else.
If I don't curl my lashes, or make them darker so people can see them, am I different?
This day, I might fix my hair to look it's best and the next I might not, have I changed?
I am made of many things, my looks are but one.
There is my mind, my heart, that which is within that does not change.
It is these things that lay within that make me who I am.
I march to the beat of a different drummer.
I laugh with no thought, just because something is funny to me.
I cry out of sadness and sometimes from sheer joy.
I dance when no one is looking and turn the music up, just because I love the song.
I am a mother, a daughter, a sister, a niece, an Aunt, a grandmother, a friend and I am these things without reservation or any thought other than to love those who love me.
Your journey in this world is yours, it is yours to make of it what you will.
But what I absolutely know, for sure, is that if I am to find a mate, someone to love, they will not love me because I curl my lashes, or fix my hair,or look pretty that day.
They will love me for these other things, my heart, my mind, all of me and all that I am and nothing less and I will love exactly that about them too. :)
 DietFree
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/15/2015 7:58:05 PM

So I am basically asking if it is a dealbreaker for a woman to fake so much

Wow! A 21 year old with fake hair, fake eyelashes, fake eye colour, fake complexion and hides her real shape.....
What lengths are you going to go through when you reach 30?
 63T
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/15/2015 8:07:56 PM
VirtualSynapse;

I don't interpret beauty enhancements as fake.
Nothing is fake about social prominence of the beauty ideal and the associated political, psychological costs, often resulting in oppression, distress and disempowerment.
However, as long as the enhancements are for fun and expressive creativity rather than a result of a need for self-control and self-worth, especially to the point of encompassing one's identity, then the cost is relatively minimal.
 Theophannia
Msg: 34
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/15/2015 11:25:46 PM
I spent 10 years in the modeling industry and as such have spent 1/3 of my life in an industry that revolves around "fake", from make up, lighting and photo shop tricks to surgery and the whole 9 yards of manicure, pedicure, hair stylist, MUA, etc etc etc. When I was young, I generally felt pretty "plain jane". Now, I get 30 emails a day stating no more than "hi" or "how are you" or "hi sexy" etc, despite the fact that I have a profile that when copied to Word spans 6 pages.

What I do know is that this was not so before my career. Yes I got less attention, but the attention that I got was a response to me, to the profile that I had and out of interest in getting to know the person inside the shell. Now, generally speaking I have come to resent being the "pretty girl" due to the fact that "pretty" is all that's seen and "girl" has been forgotten.
 Eternityboreme
Msg: 35
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/16/2015 12:31:54 AM
What you do with your body is your choice. If you want to (permanently) alter it to reflect an image of yourself you want to be, go for what you know and enjoy it. Who cares what any other person other than the people whom love and regard you well, believe and think? If you're owning it and you feel good about it, so what.

The kind of fakery I hate is the angling, cropping, OLD, and poorly photoshop chop jobs I see on POF. Of course, this is an entirely different conversation which could either be defended or criticized.

I spent 10 years in the modeling industry and as such have spent 1/3 of my life in an industry that revolves around "fake", from make up, lighting and photo shop tricks to surgery and the whole 9 yards of manicure, pedicure, hair stylist, MUA, etc etc etc. When I was young, I generally felt pretty "plain jane". Now, I get 30 emails a day stating no more than "hi" or "how are you" or "hi sexy" etc, despite the fact that I have a profile that when copied to Word spans 6 pages.

What I do know is that this was not so before my career. Yes I got less attention, but the attention that I got was a response to me, to the profile that I had and out of interest in getting to know the person inside the shell. Now, generally speaking I have come to resent being the "pretty girl" due to the fact that "pretty" is all that's seen and "girl" has been forgotten.

Very poignant.
 Eternityboreme
Msg: 36
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/16/2015 12:38:04 AM
People enjoy fooling themselves, it seems.
 VolkanoKing
Msg: 37
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/16/2015 3:38:16 AM
"Yes I got less attention, but the attention that I got was a response to me, to the profile that I had and out of interest in getting to know the person inside the shell."

Nice bit-o-wisdom there.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/16/2015 6:11:42 AM

It's rather obvious that the men you attracted couldn't (or wouldn't) look past the package to find out what was going on 'twixt the ears. Too bad. I always thought it was rather fun to entice the mind first. That way, the outer shell looked, and operated better. I can read your words, and draw some conclusions. I can pick your brain for ideas. If the outside is fun to look at in the process, all the better for me.
 tgif333
Msg: 39
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/16/2015 7:39:27 AM
the following is a personal observation:

I saw a 20 something girl at the gym working out with long false eyelashes.

it looked strange in that setting.

the latest fad that I personally do not think is pretty on a woman is shaving off the eyebrows and painting them on in an artistic like arch.

on the other hand I have had some lines removed from my face by a cosmetic surgeon.
 Dee4166
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/16/2015 7:41:34 AM

It's rather obvious that the men you attracted couldn't (or wouldn't) look past the package to find out what was going on 'twixt the ears.

Unfortunately that tends to be the case, in many instances....

The irony here is that if you're doing a lot to improve your appearance, and by "a lot" I mean surgery, you are guaranteed to improve your odds of finding someone who is largely impressed by the outsides rather than the insides....

I saw that when I was very young and went from chubby and invisible to the proverbial swan transformation....

Did I get more attention? Yes....

Was it the kind of attention that I really wanted as in someone wanting to know ME,? Not by a long shot....

I think it should be mandatory to see a counselor before undergoing any kind of plastic surgery, especially considering that you are putting your very Life at risk, every time you go under the knife, to ensure that you AREN'T using surgery on your outsides in order to feel better on your inside....
Improving your appearance is one thing, but attempting to improve your self-worth through your appearance is rarely successful ime....
 Eternityboreme
Msg: 41
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/16/2015 8:01:40 AM
I'd consider cosmetic surgery to fix a few lines myself, down the road, when those lines become prevalent and in abundance. I'd fix my older lady's jowl by then when it becomes present, too. Maybe a nose job...

I've seen some terrible transitions -- more like bodily mutilations -- in which people have extensive surgery to become "living dolls" or "Satan's disciples." Again, it's their bodies and they must represent themselves in a way they see fit. (Others need have psychological issues that such surgeries can't fix.)

What the OP is doing isn't extreme and not uncommon for a young woman to consider.
 daynadaze
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/16/2015 10:41:01 AM
I used to think I wanted a nose job, until I shared a hospital room with someone who had just had one. I had a breast reduction and it was awful, in fact I died for a few moments right afterward, the pain was intense and it took forever to heal and the results were bad...but next to the screaming pain and yards & yards of packing they pulled out of her nose, yikes! I'll keep my pudgy nose. I would go for a face/eye life though, not for the looks but because the skin is creeping into my vision and my downward pulled mouth is just annoying.

I don't think there's anything wrong with getting surgery, but know it doesn't always work. My breasts were horrid when they were huge, now they are awful and silly looking little flat things, but I'll take these silly things over those cow utters any day. The big problem is always going to be how content you are with what you end up with.

I think the much hated Kim Kardashian has a beautiful face, almost flawless. She had the best nose job I've ever seen on a celebrity. But I've noticed lately that she must have had some more surgery and she's looking odd. Her face seems sucked in and unnatural, her lips are bigger, and her nose seems a bit too thin. It's a shame she messed with perfection. And those huge butts, I just can't see the attraction to that. There are lots of women, married to money, who seem to all have the same face, that mask one ends up with after many facial surgeries. It's hard to tell them apart. It's that Orange County Housewives' face, they are interchangeable in look and they look and move like wax figures.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/16/2015 11:28:39 AM
I don't get why people who transform themselves somehow, and discover that more people are attracted to them afterwards, are either surprised, or disappointed that more people who are drawn to surface beauty, show up when you add more surface beauty to yourself.

Or that more people in general show up.

There's no great insight there. Lots of prejudice possible though. Before your transformation, you were convinced that you were overlooked and not properly appreciated, because you weren't skinny enough or tall enough or busty enough or rich enough or whatever.

Watch out that you don't just ASSUME that because more people are hot to trot for you, that they are any less capable of appreciating your inner person.

For that matter, since all transformations do affect the entire being, how sure are you that you haven't changed in other ways yourself? Perhaps become more demanding and less patient with others, because you now think that you DO look so good that you should be able to get what you wanted before? And therefore you actively cause more surface-oriented people to come after you than before, because you derive away the ones who didn't care about looks?
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 44
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/16/2015 11:43:06 AM
I feel as though it might be easier to just start fresh. I'm considering wearing my hair over my face and then getting a whole new face on the back of my head.
 ThePig0fYourDreams
Msg: 45
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/16/2015 12:12:42 PM

Hmm, and somehow posting modeling pictures is the solution to this problem?
 shirleywonton01
Msg: 46
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/16/2015 12:34:16 PM
^^^Read her profile, it's even more confusing. Attention seeking at the same time don't bother me.
 ThePig0fYourDreams
Msg: 47
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/16/2015 1:05:44 PM

Read her profile, it's even more confusing. Attention seeking at the same time don't bother me.

Confusing would be an understatement.

Seriously, I don't get it. "Oh, I resent being pretty! But hey, check out my modeling pictures!"

Yet her post is being praised. What am I missing here?
 Literate_Hiker
Msg: 48
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/16/2015 1:35:52 PM
In my hiking photos I have no makeup on. Men tell me I look prettiest in my hiking photos because I look relaxed and happy. True. I feel happiest and most at peace while hiking high in the mountains.

At age 61, I am slender and fit. The best things I do for my health and appearance are regular exercise, a healthy diet, daily sunscreen and a positive attitude.
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 49
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/16/2015 1:51:31 PM
I look hideous without make-up. I feel happiest and most at peace when I'm drunk. At age 45 I am slightly chubby and out of shape.

Who's next?
 Literate_Hiker
Msg: 50
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/16/2015 1:58:36 PM
Whatsamatterbaby, I'm sure you look just as beautiful without makeup. You are hilarious! Love your humor.

I avoid alcohol. Never liked it. Alcohol dehydrates me and gives me a headache. Who needs that?
 CarefreeBeauty
Msg: 51
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/16/2015 2:01:30 PM
I feel like a clown when I wear make-up, especially lipstick. Having mascara on my eyelashes brings out the 'picker' in me.

I feel happiest and most at peace when I'm immersed in a good book. Or writing poetry.

I have a YMCA membership, but haven't set foot in the place for over a year.

I rarely wear sunscreen.

Next<
 junipermoon
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/16/2015 2:52:09 PM
i work out twice daily, including 30 minutes of cardio and 20 minutes of ballet, plus walking about 5 miles each day. i use minimal makeup because it's too itchy. and i don't have time to cover up the gray.

how fake do i look? not much. i exercise obsessively and don't eat processed foods. i do drink, but not to excess.

i've done some of my best writing while drinking. i wonder...does this make my writing fake?
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >