Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 clemtuckerofcourse
Msg: 153
Women and Fake BeautyPage 7 of 18    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18)
Mr. Crook, Ms Kj is more than capable of taking care of herself. Are you suggesting the boy be criminally charged? Put in detention for a year? There was a time schools handled these issues and left them out of the hands of the juvenile criminal system

"My gosh you sound like one of them serial killers who SEE something that isn't there and that justifies their behavior! That thinking historically becomes dangerous."

Am I supposed to respond to such an incredibly inane argument?
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 154
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/18/2015 4:11:07 PM
^ Granted, you enjoy antagonizing people. And you're pretty good at it, I'll give you that. But when you use such a serious issue to get under people's skin, it's not cute. Stop it, please.
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 155
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/18/2015 4:14:09 PM

Mr. Crook, Ms Kj is more than capable of taking care of herself.

I'm fully aware of what kj is capable of. However that's her decision as the child's mother and she did or will do what's in the best interest of her child.

If a total stranger approached my child in a public venue and did the same thing, rest assured he would be arrested and charged on a juvenile complaint and you could count on it. At 14 years old this is not adolescent curiosity as proven by his making a comment about her breasts prior to grabbing her.

I'm waiting....
 newoldgirl
Msg: 156
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/18/2015 4:15:29 PM

Mr. Crook, Ms Kj is more than capable of taking care of herself. Are you suggesting the boy be criminally charged?

And Crook has the right to weigh in, as do we all.

Granted, you enjoy antagonizing people. And you're pretty good at it, I'll give you that. But when you use such a serious issue to get under people's skin, it's not cute. Stop it, please.

Frethunker and sailinger weren't very cure either :(
 clemtuckerofcourse
Msg: 157
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/18/2015 4:42:25 PM
"granted, you enjoy antagonizing people. And you're pretty good at it, I'll give you that. But when you use such a serious issue to get under people's skin, it's not cute. Stop it, please".

My intent is not to antagonize but to express ideas, that though true, are not easily accepted by many in society. Nothing is all black or white, good or bad. I am not saying it is okay for any male to accost any female. But women can not have it both ways. They can not flaunt their sexuality to their own advantage and then cry fowl when men react to their sexuality. Guess what, no matter how many laws are on the books, men will never stop thinking of women in sexual terms. You can not outlaw biology. All you can do is punish behavior.
 kj521
Msg: 158
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/18/2015 4:42:55 PM
Thank you to all of you who weighed in on my personal situation.... you all display such intelligence and compassion. :)

And Mr. Tucker....yes....I am well able to take care of myself. Because I too have had to learn the difficult lesson of being objectified and victimized due to nothing more than being a woman.

Although, a police report could have been made...being that impulsivity and lack of higher reasoning skills are inherent to this developmental stage...I did feel the best option was to pursue consequences through the school system. I can only hope we made the right decision.

As for my daughter....I can only hope I did a good job at getting her to understand that the guilt and shame she felt was not her's to own....but his.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 159
view profile
History
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/18/2015 4:45:12 PM

Am I supposed to respond to such an incredibly inane argument?

Incredibly so? Nah, It doesn't even make the top 90% list !

Considering I responded to an inane view point, it would probably be only fair if you did :)

It just went over your head is all! Just because you read, that doesn't trump experience or
behavior patterns psychologists have observed.

Nope, there is no way you can dig yourself out of the mess you are in. You are not even trying to. You basically changed the subject. Please stick to how women marginalize themselves in the spirit that you wrote that. Changing the subject isn't how you win a debate!
 deetristate
Msg: 160
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/18/2015 4:47:43 PM
I heard about a group of 13 year old boys. As this woman in her 50s approached , one, trying to impress the others, dropped his pants. The woman looked at him and said. "Is that it? Not impressive." The laughter of his friends that I am told followed probably cured any tendencies ( if there were any other than being 13 and ... well 13.0. No need to involve the police in everything.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 161
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/18/2015 4:54:44 PM
Clem, aka String, aka all the rest of your user names
Generally I adopt a live and let them sit in the gutter attitude
But please do not attack KJ. And no her ovaries are bigger than your balls so she doesn't need us to defend her
but you .... You who have been here often with different names
Should be Man/Woman enough to appreciate that we shall always protect the Queen
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 162
view profile
History
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/18/2015 4:55:10 PM
It is true that men are judged by their height, build, hair, income and ability to be assertive etc. I do not think for one moment that everything is better being a man. There is pressure to perform in all sorts of areas.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 163
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/18/2015 4:58:05 PM

The Chinese valued "dainty" feet so much that they bound girls' feet so they would remain small. The women were effectively hobbled. They literally couldn't get away.

Foot binding involved much more than keeping small feet small. It involved breaking the foot arch, and bringing the toes back to rest against the heel bone. If this didn't work the first time around, the arch was cut, in the hope that the rotting flesh could be scooped out to make it "easier." The resulting feet were so ugly, they were kept covered by silk socks at all times. What was longed for in the process was the "willow gait" such a woman exhibited. Plus she was absolute proof you were rich enough NOT to need a wife who could work.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 164
view profile
History
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/18/2015 4:58:18 PM
deetristate

That is what I call aplomb!!!!. My teenage sister when confronted with a flasher on a beach said "put that little thing away, it is ugly" Was not shocked or dismayed as I am sure the perpetrator intended. I think he would rethink doing it again.
 newoldgirl
Msg: 165
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/18/2015 5:00:11 PM

I am not saying it is okay for any male to accost any female. But women can not have it both ways. They can not flaunt their sexuality to their own advantage and then cry fowl when men react to their sexuality. [/quote[

So only women who "flaunt" it get harassed, groped, insult, assaulted raped? You are dangerous.

And how do men "react" to seeing a woman they find physically attractive?

As far as I know, looking at her does no harm. Maybe if you are single and want to ask her out, that would be okay. I cannot think of any other legitimate REACTION.
 newoldgirl
Msg: 166
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/18/2015 5:03:51 PM

I am not saying it is okay for any male to accost any female. But women can not have it both ways. They can not flaunt their sexuality to their own advantage and then cry fowl when men react to their sexuality.

So only women who "flaunt" it get harassed, groped, insult, assaulted raped? You are dangerous.

And how do men "react" to seeing a woman they find physically attractive?

As far as I know, looking at her does no harm. Maybe if you are single and want to ask her out, that would be okay. I cannot think of any other legitimate REACTION.
 kj521
Msg: 167
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/18/2015 5:05:03 PM
Ms. Ouija! OMG! Girlfriend.....you always make me laugh!

"And no her ovaries are bigger than your balls"

Thank you for that! Now at least I know that lack of stomach crunches is NOT why I don't have a flat abdomen!

*Whew! Off to go check that exercise off my list and have some Häagen-Dazs ice cream to celebrate! :)
 cassie_smiles
Msg: 168
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/18/2015 5:08:07 PM
Kids are stupid, especially teenagers and we were all stupid teenagers ourselves once. While this experience with the poster's daughter was unfortunate and horrible, it seems that she has turned it into a learning/ teaching moment with her daughter. I think she was wise to handle it the way she did by letting the school deal with the boy and hopefully the boy will have a strong mother than will turn this into a learning/ teaching moment for her son and hopefully he has a strong father that has the guts to kick his ass.

While this incident was horrible, I also think that stupid teenagers will be stupid teenagers and this boy probably won't turn into a serial rapist or killer. I am in no way making light of this incident. People need to spend time with their kids teaching them right from wrong and even those that do the best damn jobs can end up with kids on drugs, kids in jail and worse.
 deetristate
Msg: 169
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/18/2015 5:09:46 PM
Reading the posts, I am reminded of a man saying that women should not wear certain clothing anymore than they would leave their houses or cars unlocked without bearing some responsibility for what happens. Hmmm.....
 kj521
Msg: 170
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/18/2015 5:17:12 PM
Ms.Deetristate.......

Could you clarify and be specific as to "for what happens" means?
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 171
view profile
History
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/18/2015 5:21:46 PM
VK

What you mean is who is going to "get the head up". lol!! Men don't care really about how successful a woman is, how intelligent etc if she is not physically appealing. That is nature. He may respect her, admire her, but whether he wants to bed her, is dependent on other assets.
In fact some men are intimidated by successful, independent women.
 deetristate
Msg: 172
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/18/2015 5:22:54 PM
I think that he meant that if you leave your door open and someone robs you or steals from you then you are not free from part of what happened. He said it in the context of a woman wearing revealing, sexy clothing and then getting angry when people comment or stare or a woman getting too drunk to know what she is doing and then ending up in a situation.

EDIT: K: I am not allowed to post again for some reason.

Maybe "I know it when I see it" applies?
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 173
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/18/2015 5:28:29 PM

What you mean is who is going to "get the head up". lol!! Men don't care really about how successful a woman is, how intelligent etc if she is not physically appealing. That is nature. He may respect her, admire her, but whether he wants to bed her, is dependent on other assets.
In fact some men are intimidated by successful, independent women.

The same goes for women. Most women would only want to be friends with a man they didn't consider physically appealing- no matter how successful and intelligent he is.
 kj521
Msg: 174
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/18/2015 5:42:58 PM
Here's where I have the problem Ms. Deetristate.....

"wearing revealing, sexy clothing and then getting angry when people comment or stare"

Who and how is this defined? Is there a rulebook some where that outlines exactly how much cleavage can be shown? How tight a shirt can be so as no to accentuate the shape of a breast? What about skirt length? Or just general tightness of clothing?

And does size of individual body parts affect these rules? How about general body shape and size? Does that change things?
 norwegianguy123
Msg: 175
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/18/2015 5:44:15 PM
First, kick away the silly notion that "men are more visual creatures". No, they're not. They don't spend as much time in the bathroom mirror, they aren't as meticulous in how they look, scoff at what a somewhat prettier person is wearing so readily, they don't apply mounds of looks to themselves, etc. They also don't analyze the looks of a woman where what type of shoes would play any role (who the fvck cares about her shoes?!), and they actually see thru fashion looks & "type" -- and are affected by natural beauty more ("Why is hot pretty Johnny banging that hippie girl?" "Because, Linda, she's hot, unlike you despite you looking OK and spending hours in the bathroom every evening before going out. She could be wearing bad shoes, no makeup, and a fireman's outfit and guys would line up to pork her."). Guys are more BASIC on looks -- less superficial. Just because they have much less shame about sex doesn't mean they're more into looks, fashion, etc. It's in the opposite direction.

Okay, with that said -- YES, enhancing your looks can Definitely work. Ignore the PC talk. Enhancing your looks can do worse of course. I once had a GF who was naturally gorgeous, but her way too caked on makeup really made her look not as good. Unfortunately, I can't say the same for most other gals. Most gals who are over-done and take forever to get ready to hit slightly-above-average-looks won't look so hot in the morning. First the beer goggles wearing off, then that! Talk about a double-whammy in the morning, right?

We're all very visual people. Guys are more basic. Even though we're into natural looks -- it still matters how you look. And just like judging your own voice recorded -- DO NOT be "the" judge on your looks.

If your permanent makeup and your nose-job DO make you look better -- that IS BETTER. As far as makeup and such, NO, it is better to look just as good naturally than having to apply that to reach a natural gal's level. But it sure beats the hell out of looking less than both.

The key is making sure you DO Actually look better... and unless you're going to be camping out at a nightclub for the next 20 years, that you don't ONLY look better in just That scope, but in general altogether.
 deetristate
Msg: 176
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/18/2015 5:45:29 PM
"good looks" on a man tend not to be standard for women.
Also, have you heard the "I fell in love with him after I saw him help his grandmother" cases. He could look like a toad. Doesn't matter. It was a turn on.
 Janet4now
Msg: 177
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/18/2015 5:47:32 PM

The same goes for women. Most women would only want to be friends with a man they didn't consider physically appealing- no matter how successful and intelligent he is.

Oh please... we've all seen the ugly rich guy with the hot babe. And it works both ways.

Although most of us say money doesn't matter, of course it does.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >