Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 178
Women and Fake BeautyPage 8 of 18    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18)

Oh please... we've all seen the ugly rich guy with the hot babe.

Bingo, the hot babe probably doesn't find him all that sexy- she just wants access to his money.
 sigungq
Msg: 179
view profile
History
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/18/2015 6:11:06 PM
^^ I've never seen an ugly woman in a Rolls or Bentley.

Now just LOOK at what you have started OP..............
 Nj2ut
Msg: 180
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/18/2015 6:18:44 PM
I'm going to sidestep the other discussions. OP so what if you wear wigs, contacts, and have a nose job. If you're a good person, that's what count. Someone will bound to call you high maintenance but there's people who don't do what you do and have (imo) ridiculous quirks like not eating at a restaurant that doesn't have coke or pepsi products. To me that's high maintenance.
 Theophannia
Msg: 181
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/18/2015 6:43:12 PM

Bingo, the hot babe probably doesn't find him all that sexy- she just wants access to his money.

NOT neccessarily true.

I have 4 companions, one of which is an older gentleman whom is a Texas oil baron. But said man has a good heart, great sense of humor, highly intelligent, very patient and a great conversationalist, sensitive, caring, kind, and many other good qualities that i look for in a partner.

I also had a wealthy companion that intentionally caused trouble at my job. No matter WHAT other attributes he had, physial material or not, I immediately notified him that the relationship was over. When he asked why I simply responded, behavior unbecoming of an intelligent adult male.

I have dated the guy who lived out of the back of his car with no personal residence whom couch surfed friends while following his passion in life, and I've dated the wealthy older man. A person's soul is a person's soul, and WHO they are when you strip away the skin color, physical attributes, money, sexual prowess, material assets, job stature, social stature, etc. makes or breaks for me.

Bottom line.

Why? Because I am not new to the dating game, and unlike most people, am honest about what it is at the end of the day that I want. You can have it all, the hot rich guy etc, but while he's on his business trips, you have nothing but the "stuff" he has acquired and are still alone. You can also spend 5 years living with someone mostly in the same rooms and still be alone.
 Theophannia
Msg: 182
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/18/2015 6:44:18 PM
Generally speaking though you are right. Every wealthy male I have ever dated is JUST as unhappy as the rest of us. Why?
For women, do you still want me without make make up?
Man - Do you still want me without the cash?
 Strawberry_Jello
Msg: 183
view profile
History
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/18/2015 6:48:54 PM
The assault was on a teenage girl, not a woman. There is no evidence at all that the girl was flaunting it. You imply the girl was partly at fault here. Once in a while a woman dresses provocatively, but that doesn't justify assault. I was assaulted at age 5, was it because I was flaunting it?

The correct spelling is "cry foul". This isn't about poultry.

I am not saying it is okay for any male to accost any female. But women can not have it both ways. They can not flaunt their sexuality to their own advantage and then cry fowl when men react to their sexuality.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 184
view profile
History
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/18/2015 6:56:29 PM

Oh please... we've all seen the ugly rich guy with the hot babe. And it works both ways.

I don't believe that it works both way. I recall an Email I got, with about 50 average, (to rather scary looking) women. All, looked very good because someone took them and gave each a makeover. The header of this was called "There are no ugly women, only poor ones" I really think that women with money do try to look good-Because they CAN afford to. Ones who don't look good, don't give a rat's rear what they look like. I see loads of them in my area. I've overheard them talking, they really rip into women that try to look good.

I, by the way, had a ringside seat for that, my ex and her friends did that quite often.
 norwegianguy123
Msg: 185
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/18/2015 6:57:06 PM

Oh please... we've all seen the ugly rich guy with the hot babe. And it works both ways.

Ummm, I highly disagree with this statement - lol. Married couples for umpteen years could have either one degrading in looks, sure. But we're talking about picking someone up. There's not going to be some Ugly Wendy just dating Hot Frank, and you're not going to be seeing Hot Wendy dating Ugly Frank when they're both middle-class. You will see some Hot Wendys with Ugly Frank if Ugly Frank has some $$, although it's still a low % sighting. Hot Wendy probably has some issues, as she could get guy not far out of her league who's upper-middle-class or something if she's a bit poor.
 gtomustang
Msg: 186
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/18/2015 7:36:54 PM
money can help, if one spends it to have the type of fun she wants to have. in the end, she will find what she's looking for.

but money alone, geez, I wish it worked so easily, i'd be laid several times over :) what I can say, I used to work w/ a hottie who took up with a guy who had more money than her (not a large task, she was living paycheck to paycheck).my boss made the assumption there was something going on, but I could read the body language--she hung out with him, which required him to repair her car, buy new tires, and pay her cellphone so they could text. and the day he found out she was back with her on-again, off-again....it was clear she used him better than he used her.

just b/c you see 'em together, doesn't mean they're gettin' nekkid.
 sigungq
Msg: 187
view profile
History
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/18/2015 7:50:31 PM
Actually, most women I believe are not as interested in money as people seem to be thinking here. If that were true, I'd probably have my pick of the litter. As it is, I'm mostly ignored.
 clemtuckerofcourse
Msg: 188
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/18/2015 7:59:34 PM
"and unlike most people, am honest about what it is at the end of the day that I want. "

Yes, you are just better than most here, what with dating Jr Ewing et. Al.
 clemtuckerofcourse
Msg: 189
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/18/2015 8:07:44 PM
"The assault was on a teenage girl, not a woman. There is no evidence at all that the girl was flaunting it. You imply the girl was partly at fault here"

Instead of my making some snarky remark about your lack of reading comprehension ability.(But yuze sure duzspell well), let me suggest you read what I said again, and try really, really hard to comprehend. Try not to make stuff up and try not to see things that aren't there or said. A difficult endeavor on pof apparently.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 190
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/18/2015 8:40:04 PM
nj2ut- We share the same definition of high maintenance.
Thank you for trying to keep this thread on topic.
There are men on POF that I wonder about and there are those that keep me here, you fall in the latter category. :)
 deetristate
Msg: 191
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/19/2015 4:00:25 AM

Actually, most women I believe are not as interested in money as people seem to be thinking here. If that were true, I'd probably have my pick of the litter. As it is, I'm mostly ignored.

Having it and willingt o spend it are two different things.

I know an around the house repair/fix it man who keeps his women ( serial monogamy) very happy because if they want something he will take on extra handy man jobs to get it for them or take them on a trip to Germany or whatever. Not all women want that but many do. No sense in denying that.
 motowncowgirl
Msg: 192
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/19/2015 4:37:57 AM

Is it only me who sees the lost of rational logic being displayed HERE?
What I see is that your position was absurd from the beginning( usually is when one generalizes without a basis of fact)

no, it's not only you.

but trying to make sense of it is a lost cause. this has nothing to do with being logical. this is all about dropping ridiculous little turdlets into a thread, then sitting back and waiting for people (esp. women) to take the bait and have a 'debate' with him. and if it's a 'heated' debate, wow even better.

another thread that's all about him and the attention he can generate for himself. except this time it's a clear case of hijacking.

can't you see through it yet? he's being absurd because he thinks your arguing with him proves YOU are.... it's his 'other' special little hobby while he's touching himself down there.
 clemtuckerofcourse
Msg: 193
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/19/2015 5:16:28 AM
Yes motown, you have it all figured out. Why would anybody want to discuss interesting issues on a message board. instead all efforts should be made by men to gain the favor of sweethearts such as yourself. What a catch you would be for any guy. The whole package, an easy going, up beat, intelligent, and supportive woman. A woman with a heart of gold. A woman a man could not wait to love and be with. The closest thing to Nirvana here on earth.
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 194
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/19/2015 7:25:22 AM

I'm going to sidestep the other discussions. OP so what if you wear wigs, contacts, and have a nose job. If you're a good person, that's what count.

Tell that to the self-appointed/self-subscribed "nice guys", lol. You have to get through their appearance before you get to know how good of a person someone is or not. Many won't bother getting to know someone if the shell is unattractive.

Someone will bound to call you high maintenance but there's people who don't do what you do and have (imo) ridiculous quirks like not eating at a restaurant that doesn't have coke or pepsi products. To me that's high maintenance.

Would the opposite also result in the same? For example, if someone refused to eat at a place where they serve Coke or Pepsi products? Let me put it into context, she refuses such establishments because these companies support the destruction of the earth (GMO, production of plastic bottles which are polluting ocean life and cannot be decomposed, produce products that contribute to obesity and other ailments, and sponsor similar shenanigans.) So dinning in such places=supporting what they stand for. You'd also think she's high maintenance?
 gtomustang
Msg: 195
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/19/2015 7:37:57 AM
losing an "opportunity" with a jerk posing as a nice guy, well, that's just self-filtering at work :)

as for a partner who stands on their principles, being high maintenance...well...if we don't stand on those same principles b/c to do so gets in our way, then for us, I guess that partner is high maintenance. but for someone else who stands on those principles, that partner is a soul mate.

sometimes, a label depends upon where you're standing :) that said, sigungg may have a point--there may not be as many golddiggers out there as suspected. there may just be cases of cheap SOB's and women looking for a sense of security, and they get confused for the actual GD's

in the end, how does one avoid a woman spending all his money? by not trying to buy his way into her pants. we all tend to find what we're looking for, which is typically someone who makes us feel comfortable about the way we live our life.
 clemtuckerofcourse
Msg: 196
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/19/2015 8:19:43 AM

Earlier you suggested that men become disrespectful of women because of the way they have been treated by women. In other words, they learned from experience ( as if there's a woman out there who hasn't been burned by a man!!!) Now you appear to suggest it is inherent. Even worse....is it both?

We cannot compare men to boys in this situation. In one case its aberrant, criminal behavior, in another it is simply immaturity, lack of judgment and lack of control . . . which hopefully the child will outgrow . . .or he will end up in jail.

What I said in the past was that men learn to "dislike" women because of the way they are treated by them. Of course, not all guys . . some guys. Truth is, I am not sure there are not a significant number of women who dislike men too. So yea, it goes both ways. The inherent part is the raging hormones that leads to attraction to the other sex. That is a biological fact that cannot be legislated away. Again, only behavior can be controlled. Women who want respect from guys as opposed to attention generally are not those women who are wearing thong bikinis on the beach, or pole dancing, nor do they have profiles on POF where they do their best to accentuate their breasts in a provocative pose, say lying on a bed with a seductive look on their face.
 Siennarh
Msg: 197
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/19/2015 8:20:38 AM
Lol this is funny and relevant
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wiKqBgsp4A
 gtomustang
Msg: 198
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/19/2015 8:57:51 AM
"What I said in the past was that men learn to "dislike" women because of the way they are treated by them"

>>>its true. and the visa-versa happens. when I was the "kid from the country" going to school in the big city, I found that certain things I did or wore got me picked on, and so if I wanted to avoid being picked on, it made logical sense to keep those "attractions" to myself. I didn't need to show them off, in order to be me.

teens aren't known for their brain development, nor for their impulse control, yet we give them driver's licenses at 16 and at 18, a gun to go to war with. why a license? b/c its inconvenient to drive them to a job after school. why a gun? b/c in feudal times, they were knights at an even younger age.

so, we do things that may not be the most logical, but convenient. and as we grow, we learn to hide things from others, like our wealth if we don't want to get mugged, or our sexual identity if it will get us beat up, et cetera. is it the worst thing in the world to keep some parts of ourselves private, only to be seen by those who actually care about us? do we need to share every private part of us with the world?

(tho ironically, we live in the Facebook era. We no longer have to worry about Big Brother, we've exposed ourselves)
 kj521
Msg: 199
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/19/2015 10:19:39 AM
Mr. Tucker.....

"The inherent part is the raging hormones that leads to attraction to the other sex. That is a biological fact that cannot be legislated away."

This is true.....

"Women who want respect from guys as opposed to attention generally are not those women who are wearing thong bikinis on the beach, or pole dancing, nor do they have profiles on POF where they do their best to accentuate their breasts in a provocative pose, say lying on a bed with a seductive look on their face."

And you know this how? Can one not desire both?

And again....YOU define women that do not want respect as....thong wearing....pole dancing....secductive bed poses and facial expressions.

But guess what ? Charlie over there defines a wanton woman not deserving respect as a women showing her ankles in public... See what I am getting at here? ;)

There is no consensus on defining what type of clothing, how much bare skin is displayed or what facial expressions constitutes justification for the objectification of the opposite sex. And there should not be, imo.

But this is where the focus should be.

"Again, only behavior can be controlled. " :)
 Siennarh
Msg: 200
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/19/2015 10:21:42 AM

There is no consensus on defining what type of clothing, how much bare skin is displayed or what facial expressions constitutes justification for the objectification of the opposite sex.

Agree.
 gtomustang
Msg: 201
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/19/2015 10:32:02 AM
well, there are "certain elderly types" who will cluck at a young person dressed as if going out to the bar (to put it nicely, or they might even insist, "they're asking for it"). Its sorta one of those "I know it when I see it". If a fellow dresses like Rico Suave, shirt unbuttoned way down, tight jeans, hair slicked back, reeking of cologne...are assumptions made that he's out to get laid?

the companies I worked for, the churches I went to, there was a consensus on what was classy, or what was business-like, or what was "appropriate". but hey, being different is what makes life interesting. and i'm sure we all have our "grey areas" on what's borderline "little black dress" and "sunday church wear". people always tend to gravitate towards what works for them. when it doesn't, they change what they do.

"again, only behavior can be controlled"

>>>which is a pity in some cases. Another way our young bodies gets touched is via bullying. trying to bully bullies into not bullying doesn't exactly work. what would work great, is to get to the root cause of the bullying--go to the bully's home, find out what's there that the bully needs yet isn't getting, fix that thing, and have the bully change into a productive member of society.

not only is this solution barely possible, it takes a few years to grab hold--if we take years to build a part of our personality, it doesn't just change overnight. so what does the bully's victims do in the meantime as the bully changes from slug to butterfly?

its easier and simpler just to put up slogans, and when we catch bullies, to punish them into not bullying again (or being smarter about not being caught). so we bully the bullies, as it were, into ACTING good, instead of going to the root of the problem and hopefully helping them to BE good people.

side note: back in junior high, I used to get picked on for reading the Mack Bolan/PhoenixForce/Able Team series of paperbacks. I figured they were cool, and others claiming they weren't just proved they were idiots. I also learned that when the bullies stole things from me, the best thing to do was not care, and it took the fun out of it for them and they'd just throw them at me eventually.
So, anyhoo, one kid steals my paperbacks on Friday, and returns Monday not only with my paperbacks, but with editions I haven't bought yet for me to borrow. He told me he had read my copies, thought they were pretty cool and hey, why don't we just swap back and forth the copies we have?
proving, of course, that life is odd :)
 newoldgirl
Msg: 202
Women and Fake Beauty
Posted: 5/19/2015 10:35:12 AM

There is no consensus on defining what type of clothing, how much bare skin is displayed or what facial expressions constitutes justification for the objectification of the opposite sex. And there should not be, imo.

True. I see lots of bathing suit photos of men in their profiles. I assume they want to show that they are strong and healthy and attractive. I do NOT assume they don't care about being respected as human beings.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >