Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > Dating a single dad with a Downs Syndrome adult child.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 clooneystutor
Msg: 49
Dating a single dad with a Downs Syndrome adult child.Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)

the soul doesn't enter the fetus until the ninth month.

This wouldn't surprise if spoken by a Buddhist...
 07songsungblue
Msg: 50
Dating a single dad with a Downs Syndrome adult child.
Posted: 7/20/2015 9:39:29 AM

Many of you folks are quite pathetic. Aborting a down syndrome fetus in most of Europe is common practice and a social expectation. I simply wrote that in a post and the losers of pof from far and wide think I started the trend. I'm not that powerful but thanks anyway. Personally I think it has merit but it's not up to me. Where I live the government monetary support of a down syndrome individual is about 150K a year, just the meds are around 50k yearly. The malformation of the head causes numerous health problems.

But hey once again most of my audience here is rather pathetic and narrow minded. If any of you bothered to study sociology you would have learned that every primitive unaffected culture we have studied in depth has the same conviction in common...the soul doesn't enter the fetus until the ninth month. Women have aborted by choice for millenniums before the the surgical procedure came into play.

Ah....the love affair with the fetus...a sign of a true modern fool.

What a piece of work.

So lets see, I have arthritis and my drugs cost $30,000.00 a year. Should all of us arthritis suffers that are on biologic drugs be "offed" because we cost too much money? How about the blind, it costs a lot of money to teach braille and maybe supply white canes and guide dogs, should we "off" the blind because they cost too much? How about those born with cerebral palsy and need assistance, home care, aids for movement and later a group home, do we "off" them because they cost too much money? How about cancer...breast cancer we will pay for them but we won't pay for those with liver cancer...where do you draw the line?

I am pro-choice, always have been and always will be. But to council and encourage or force those to abort...sorry, I'm not in the Nazi league with Wonton. Cleanse the world of the "imperfect", how fcking sad. Its the "imperfect" that teaches us to be better people.

If the "soul" doesn't enter the fetus until the 9th month....how come it missed Wonton? Where is her soul? People like her scare me.
 Ladyinred4755
Msg: 51
Posted: 7/20/2015 10:37:47 AM
***********Down's syndrome definition************

A congenital condition, caused by an abnormality in the chromosomes, marked by moderate to severe mental retardation and changes in certain physical features.

ANYONE can be born WITH, congenital defects. Be it of the brain, the heart, the lungs, limbs, blindness, etc.
Anyone can suffer from life altering traumatic events.
Anyone can suffer the symptoms of or the effects of a life altering disease.

Many people of ALL ages, both genders, suffer from/suffer with life changing occurrences, and it is their right as human beings to be loved, cared for, receive help, financial as well as medical, regardless of their mental or physical condition.
We are not "A god" a supreme being, a higher power, ruler of the universe, to decide who should or should not be worthy to live.
The name Hitler comes to mind, to think otherwise. Enough said.
 CharminC
Msg: 52
Posted: 7/20/2015 11:18:11 AM

the soul doesn't enter the fetus until the ninth month.

What about the premature births???

I was born after 7 mos, then I must be ............soulless........................*GASPS!!!!* (cue the 'Home Alone' Macaulay Culkin face)
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 53
Posted: 7/20/2015 2:36:49 PM

What about the premature births???

I was born after 7 mos, then I must be

If you have an ATM and know how to properly swap the car, you can get a soul in as little as three weeks, with an extra $20 charge for a faster delivery.
 marisia
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 7/21/2015 8:56:03 PM
Downs syndrome is caused by having an extra chromosome. It is genetic not hereditary.
In England, a test is done to see if there is a probability of a fetus having downs syndrome, the parents then have the opportunity to decide wether to keep or abort the baby.
It is not assumed by anyone a baby with downs syndrome will be aborted, or is it encouraged or discouraged by the professionals.

With support and information from doctors etc it is an individual decision of the parents to be.
 marisia
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 7/21/2015 9:09:16 PM
Meant to add. Therefore Downs syndrome is not caused by brain damage..
Because it is due to a chromosome abnormality the person with downs syndrome has a collection of symptoms which vary in severity including both mental and physical disabilities.
 sealady111
Msg: 56
Posted: 7/22/2015 6:56:56 PM
Update.

He popped in to say hello today and tell me that he is getting his teeth fixed.
Absolutely lovely man.
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > Dating a single dad with a Downs Syndrome adult child.