Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Do women run the show early in the relationship? If so how do men fee      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 100
Do women run the show early in the relationship? If so how do men feel about it?Page 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Dating as a competition for power... It warms the heart.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Do women run the show early in the relationship? If so how do men feel about it?
Posted: 9/17/2015 9:36:16 PM
I agree that generally women wait to be asked out in the beginning but I think the less invested or interested is the one that is in control. The guy may call the shots but the woman has to answer......

Ideally it is a 50/50 dynamic with both being as keen and interested as the other. Anything else is rather unhealthy.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Do women run the show early in the relationship? If so how do men feel about it?
Posted: 9/18/2015 2:53:19 AM
Want an idea of the different forms that control can take and a dichotomy of a person's attitude about it, watch that 50 Shades of Grey jazz.
 NJgirl116
Msg: 103
Posted: 9/18/2015 9:23:33 AM
I don't watch shit like that. Doesn't make me wet.
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 104
Posted: 9/18/2015 2:58:44 PM
^ Haha! Duuude. You may not like watching that sh*t, but you might want to try your hand at writing it ;)

* Below: You need to learn to just smile and nod your head ;)
 MaleFeasance
Msg: 105
Posted: 9/18/2015 3:12:33 PM
Dating as a competition for power... It warms the heart.
----------
If you didn't see any benefit to yourself from dating, you would have no interest in dating. Given that agreeing to a date, several dates or having aspirations for some sort of a relationship involves self interest and a desire to not be taken advantage of, it seems rather obvious that both parties would want to have some control over getting what they want. There is always some element of power involved in a relationship. Not acknowledging it and pretending it shouldn't be there just means you aren't participating in something that your own self interest drove you do.
 TrvstInKarma
Msg: 106
Posted: 9/18/2015 3:43:03 PM

I agree that generally women wait to be asked out in the beginning but I think the less invested or interested is the one that is in control. The guy may call the shots but the woman has to answer.....

That is exactly why the ones I'm really not into are the ones who are persistent and keep contacting me years later. At the moment, I'd rather just be by myself most of the time or spend time with friends instead of going out on dates, so Ive been giving everybody I've met online the "less invested/interested" impression.
 NJgirl116
Msg: 107
Posted: 9/18/2015 3:57:39 PM
I've never played power games with men and have been taken for a sucker for it. Yet, they are pissed when the day comes when I don't want anything from them anymore.

To Karma: if you're not looking to date right now why not hide your profile? So ppl won't be misled.
 gtomustang
Msg: 108
Posted: 9/18/2015 4:34:39 PM
I'll suspect Karma's like everyone else...not interested in wasting her time while recovering, but hey, if a really amazing offer comes up...why get in the way?
 JoeBnD
Msg: 109
Posted: 9/18/2015 5:09:16 PM

If you didn't see any benefit to yourself from dating, you would have no interest in dating.

This statement hits the nail right on the head! I see no benefit.
 SunshineGirl__
Msg: 110
Posted: 9/18/2015 5:46:18 PM

I'll suspect Karma's like everyone else...not interested in wasting her time while recovering, but hey, if a really amazing offer comes up...why get in the way?

IMO that’s called using people. “Everyone else” doesn’t think that way.

I’m not saying that’s what Karma is doing; I object to the statement that “everyone” thinks and feels the same way about dating.
 MaleFeasance
Msg: 111
Posted: 9/18/2015 10:12:04 PM
* Below: You need to learn to just smile and nod your head ;)
----------
That's never been my long suit.
 Older_N_Wiser
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 9/19/2015 7:39:44 PM
Some women want control, some want a man in control, and some want it equal. Same with men. Figure out which you are and seek someone whose needs are compatible. Different strokes for different folks.
 prettyflowers
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Posted: 9/20/2015 2:19:26 PM
Dump her.....A relationship is a meeting of 2 minds....This is bothering you..Time to move on..Silence is the most powerful thing you can use....use it...Make her come to you...You don't need this hassle...Best to you
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 114
Posted: 9/20/2015 2:27:51 PM

>Hate to break it to humanity... But gender isn't a determining factor for anything concrete. So you're going to have to accept that both men and women are both equally capable of sociopathic behavior. Especially considering that socioeconomic income is relatively balanced. Historically you could say men were far greater perpetrators of sociopathic behavior.

But not anymore, sorry... You're all going to have to learn to accept each person as an individual. You're going to have to hold yourselves accountable for being taken advantage of... as opposed to pointing your finger at a gender and screaming "evil".

That's the cowards way out by the way. Personal accountability, patience, and accepting that life isn't fair will free a tormented soul. I preach the gospel of wellness.

+ 1 Very well put.

In a GOOD relationship; both put into the show without either worrying about which has the power.

In a manipulative relationship; the one who manipulates the show may feel they are running the show; but the show often times ends up being vastly different than what they would have gotten had things happened organically. And not always to their advantage.

In a parasitic relationship, whoever the clinger/needy one is runs the show. And the clingee usually runs the opposite direction. Fast.
 hemingway234
Msg: 115
Posted: 10/10/2015 11:09:29 AM
It's very simple....... the woman depicted in the opening post is high maintenance.

For the best chance at a happy and healthy relationship that will last, both people should be reasonably easy to get along with, and flexible.

Just because a woman is beautiful and breathing does not mean she's good relationship material.
 Bayj
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2015 9:07:24 AM
I don't know because I can't even get anybody to answer a msg.
,,,,,,,they look at my profile (admittedly not all that impressive ) but can't even get a short back and forth going with anyone that I seem to be interested in.
,,,,,,,,,,,Is there a special dating sight for the undesireables????
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 117
Posted: 10/16/2015 9:16:58 AM

,,,,,,,,,,,Is there a special dating sight for the undesireables????

Yes! It's called "Plenty of Fish". (Just kidding, y'all.)
 hemingway234
Msg: 118
 christ on a crutch
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2015 10:05:46 AM

My two cents is that at the beginning, the man will do whatever it takes to have sex, and once he has it, to keep having it. After a while, when the sex or expectation of sex is established, the power balance may even out. Give it time.

so all men will lie if sex is the reward for lying, but a woman should tolerate that by 'giving it time.' basically, you're saying no one values relationship integrity, or even necessarily should.

very sad.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Do women run the show early in the relationship? If so how do men feel about it?