Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 gtomustang
Msg: 31
i think she made me over weightPage 2 of 26    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26)
clit hero, now that's funny :)

I prefer curvy females, but I suppose one way to get to asking a lady for a full body photo is to claim ineptitude and ask for a full body photo so that you would recognize her when you both meet publicly. then it sounds like the onus is on you.

I agree with the other folks--meet, be polite. she might be delightfully curvy. she might decide she doesn't like you, but her attractive friend would.
 tgif333
Msg: 32
i think she may me over weight
Posted: 5/27/2015 6:42:30 AM
2 notes:

I've been on at least a dozen POF meet and greets with average or a few extra pound girls who turned out to weigh more than myself and i'm a short guy.
they were hoping their personality outweighed their, ummm weight!
so now before a meet and greet I tell them my weight and say if they weigh more than me then it would not work. then I really get laid into but so what. block and say "NEXT!" >>>>>

second, we have a town in nearby Pennsylvania called Intercourse, Pa.
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 33
Posted: 5/27/2015 6:43:21 AM
I used to solve this problem quite easily. I had written in my profile that I did not contact women that did not have full body profiles and that instead had face close ups, blurred photos, eighties hairdos, or hidden behind dogs or children. It told me that they had something to hide. Some women when contacting me said that they did not have the right photos because of blah, blah. Then I told them, look, anyone can take a picture, until you get one, bye. Usually they would get offended, called me a shallow fvck and blocked me.

And... I didn't care. If I am going to be honest about my age, my photos, and all that info, I expect no less from women. When men become idiots that play the polite crap and then are highly disappointed when YES the woman was fat, you got what you deserved.

Dating is not about fairness, it's about what you like. I would not want to date someone out of pity, or out of being PC, or even out of being or pretending to be a gentleman and not saying or expressing my sentiments about how the other person appears to me. So, OP. I would tell the lady. Look, in my shots there are close ups and then there are full body shots. I've seen your close ups, can you show me a full body shot.
 eternalrealist2015
Msg: 35
Posted: 5/27/2015 7:01:13 AM
Why did you (OP) start a conversation with her in the first place if she didn't provide the info you needed to determine if she was someone that you might be interested in? Did she reach out to you?

I have full body shots because I try to have a profile that accurately reflects me and gives guys enough info to know if I'd be a fit or not. But I don't make demands in my profile and if I come across a guy who does? I won't write them and I generally pass them by if they reach out to me first. A man with a huge sense of entitlement just doesn't work well for me, I've found. They are too much work and not much fun.

The first guy I've met in my recent attempt to OLD had only 1 pic - a head shot. And, indeed he was about 100 lbs over weight. I wasn't angry and I didn't feel duped. I felt kind of bad for him, actually. His personality was AWFUL though, bitter and negative. That was the deal breaker for me in terms of seeing him again.

I sometimes laugh at all these requirements - when I first joined PoF, I put up ONE picture - a head shot. One of the guys who reached out to me, had ZERO pictures, but he wrote a clever message and I answered. I guess neither of us knew we had to follow 'the rules', ha. We met in person and dated for over 2 years. It wasn't a perfect relationship and it (clearly) didn't last but it and he were amazing in many ways.
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 36
Posted: 5/27/2015 7:03:37 AM

well i wont ask her for more photos, but if she turns up and is massive, i will make sure she sees me and just walk away...

Okay, so prepare to walk away.
 GattoMonstrosis
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 5/27/2015 7:07:47 AM

but if she turns up and is massive, i will make sure she sees me and just walk away...

Make sure she sees you and then walk away? Why? Just to twist the knife? It's not her fault that you didn't bother to check something basic to you but you're going to outright punish her for it?

You're a d1ck.
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 38
Posted: 5/27/2015 7:18:33 AM

Make sure she sees you and then walk away? Why? Just to twist the knife? It's not her fault that you didn't bother to check something basic to you but you're going to outright punish her for it?

You're a d1ck.

I prefer to be the a s s hole that simply asks her for the full shot. Then decide to meet or not meet. Guys pretending to be gentlemen, nice guys, good guys end up doing out of their lack of balls more harm.
 overunity
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 5/27/2015 7:23:05 AM
If she's overweight it's a choice she's made. That leaves you with a choice of how to deal with it. Sounds fair to me.
 eternalrealist2015
Msg: 40
Posted: 5/27/2015 7:23:22 AM

You're a d1ck.

+100

Seriously dude, CANCEL the date. You will be doing her a huge favor.

And next time? Do your homework.

And hope that you don't run into a b*tch (as they are always being talked about in here) who has the some exacting standard that you don't meet and treats you with contempt for it.
 motowncowgirl
Msg: 42
Posted: 5/27/2015 7:45:42 AM

but if she turns up and is massive, i will make sure she sees me and just walk away...

I suddenly agree that you deserve the harsh answers you got earlier.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 43
Posted: 5/27/2015 8:10:04 AM
For someone who whined about how rude some answers were..
dude - you are about to win the DB prize.
I am kinda hoping she sees you and walks away to teach you a life lesson.
cheeseandcrackers.
 Whistle_Stop
Msg: 44
Posted: 5/27/2015 8:12:10 AM
At least, people that are over weight wear their "deal breaker" and it's obvious to others at first glance.
I just hate it when I guy represents himself as a nice guy and he turns out to be such a****..talk about a waste of time and effort...
I'd rather be over weight than be with some of these "supposed" nice guys...anyday.
We all have our dealbreakers!

I agree...just do her a favour and cancel.
 VolkanoKing
Msg: 46
Posted: 5/27/2015 8:18:11 AM
Actually, Clitheroe is a real town in the UK.

Thing I dont get it why all these men who have signed up in the past week...who seem way old enough (almost 40) to be able to handle a situation like this, are coming to a public forum about it.

Update...OK good...you asked her. If it is a DEALBREAKER then ASK first! I sure do.

Also, you come to a public forum and ask something like this...what do you expect. Maybe the poor man is unaware of the blunt force of the POF forums! But hey, looks like we at least got you to ASK her if she has a huge a@@.
 newoldgirl
Msg: 47
Posted: 5/27/2015 8:23:37 AM
There is nothing wrong with having your preferences, and lots of men have it right on their profiles that they are looking for a fit, active , slim woman. That's fine. Obviously, saying "No fatties" is not fine.

I guess you have figured out that next time, ask (nicely) BEFORE you commit to a date.

I really don't understand why people lie about their weight, which will be obvious the minute you see the person. He or she is just setting him/herself up to be hurt by rejection.

Totally laughing at the Clit-hero comment

On a date a couple of years ago, I ordered a Coors Light Ice Tea. My date thought this was hilarious. LOL
 browneyesboo
Msg: 48
Posted: 5/27/2015 8:47:46 AM
I have only head shots on my profile, so people sometimes
assume I'm massive.
I'm not, but I get why people might not want to meet me.

I'll be interested to hear what she says when you ask her
about her weight.

I met a guy on here that must have asked me 50 times if
I was obese. He kept saying I can handle a little weight but
you can't be obese. He mentioned it so often, I almost said
forget it, but I decided, I'd show up just so I could tell him to
buzz off.

He shows up in a friggin wheelchair.
Not that there's anything wrong with that...but seriously?
I can't be obese but you can show up in a wheelchair and not
mention it beforehand?

I've also met guys who needed walkers and didn't mention
it either.

bastiches.
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 49
Posted: 5/27/2015 8:56:50 AM

I can't be obese but you can show up in a wheelchair and not
mention it beforehand?

I've also met guys who needed walkers

That's just bizzare they would'nt even mention that before hand.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 50
Posted: 5/27/2015 9:01:40 AM
^^^Just because I can, I didn't mention it when I met them
either.

The guy in the wheelchair said I was the first woman that didn't
ask right away why he was in a chair (suggesting he meets everyone
without telling them), and I said it didn't matter because it's not like
we were going to be friends...and besides, who the heck orders
pizza well done??? That guy was messed up on a few levels.

The guy in the walker just assumed I wouldn't find it unusual
because we were both "up there" in age. ugh. He asked if it was
a problem for me and I said I didn't know as I didn't have a walker
yet.

again...bastiches.
hahahahaha!
 Siennarh
Msg: 51
Posted: 5/27/2015 9:04:48 AM
Oh god she might be overweight,
such disaster, much devastation, such horror!

She can lose weight, you can't lose your d1ckish personality. lol.
 VolkanoKing
Msg: 52
Posted: 5/27/2015 9:09:30 AM
The wheelchair thing is such a classic example of "my rules don't apply to myself"..where people want FULL DISCLOSURE FROM EVERYONE upfront, to avoid ANY sort of discomfort or turn off, then don't open up about what to expect about them.
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 54
Posted: 5/27/2015 9:12:54 AM

The guy in the walker just assumed I wouldn't find it unusual
because we were both "up there" in age. ugh.

Well you've convinced me.....next time I have a first meet I'm checking the cars in the parking lot for empty rascal's and hov-er-round racks on the back of vehicles! Lol
 import_from_uk
Msg: 55
Posted: 5/27/2015 9:18:57 AM

You're a d1ck.

+1
 Oldmanhome
Msg: 56
Posted: 5/27/2015 9:25:25 AM
Monsieur Clitheroe:

It is very obvious that you are simply having fun here. I am surprised so many people are responding to you as if you are asking a legitimate question. And yet, other posters who raise legitimate issues are castigated This is a very strange forum.
 kayla_58
Msg: 57
Posted: 5/27/2015 9:30:25 AM

I can't be obese but you can show up in a wheelchair and not mention it beforehand?

Oh, heavens to Murgatroyd!
 MissScawlett
Msg: 58
Posted: 5/27/2015 9:47:28 AM
Just add a disclaimer to your profile that says "NO FAT CHICKS!!!"

Problem solved.

You'll look like an a$$ but at least you'll be safe from the fat girls lol
 Ladyinred4755
Msg: 59
Posted: 5/27/2015 9:59:35 AM
OP, Here's the thing.
From what you have written here and in your profile, you want all the ladies to believe you are a gentleman, and desirable as a nice person, ?yes, more or less?

A "Gentleman" will always make a lady feel special, he will be polite and courteous.

You have made plans to meet this woman, and take her to dinner. Follow thru with these plans with an open mind. She may be as skinny as you, average or even overweight. What is the worst that can happen here?

Think of this as a few hours, enjoying dinner, conversation, and guess what, you may just like her. If not, because she does not meet your standards, thank her for the pleasure of her company and politely say, "I don't feel we are compatible". This way, you remain a gentleman and she goes away with her self-esteem intact.
This is just a few hours of a lifetime, not forever.

Next time, BEFORE making plans to meet ask to see a full body pic, to avoid this kind of dilemma.

Good luck, ENJOY!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >