Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MaleFeasance
Msg: 574
i think she may me over weightPage 22 of 26    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26)
Shaming overweight people into not eating and preventing those whom are financially-challenged from affording these and leaving no alternative to resort to cheap, fattening, processed foods just to merely subsist is national health irresponsibility, as rich as we are.
----------------------------
This is nonsense. I can buy a lot more healthy food than junk food for the same money. It costs a lot to eat junk food.
 Eternitygracesme
Msg: 575
i think she may me over weight
Posted: 6/18/2015 4:26:29 AM

This is nonsense.

No, it isn't.

I can buy a lot more healthy food than junk food for the same money. It costs a lot to eat junk food.

Just because you have access to this doesn't mean others do.

I'm lucky that in my little neck of urbanity, I have access to two farmers' markets within walking distances, twice every week during the elongated seasons, where my family and I do our produce shopping. There are also city gardens from which people can purchase inexpensive and delicious produce, and we attend there, as well. (I also grow cooking herbs and tomatoes, for our consumption.)

Unfortunately, a god-damned average orange costs more than a smaller packet of chips, in some cases. This should never be.
 Eternitygracesme
Msg: 576
Posted: 6/18/2015 4:33:39 AM

they voted B.O. in twice so there is no limit to American stupidity.

You mean the same American stupidity that brought in Abbot in Texas and groups of women in Texas will suffer the consequences. Some people really do vote against their own best interests.
 2ufo
Msg: 577
Posted: 6/18/2015 7:12:58 AM
MaleFeasance - you said size 10 was overweight. I am looking for the size - not the weight - you consider 'not overweight' or even the size you consider the boundary of 'overweight' and 'not overweight'. I truly am curious. I'll admit that I believe you're wrong but until I get an idea of what you consider not overweight, I can't really wrap my mind around it.

Post 526:
I heard a size 10 woman refered to as 'a porker'. Size 10 is smaller than the average American size 12-14 (depending upon the source).
---------------------------------------------
That just means the average american woman is way overweight. A woman who wears a size 10 is overweight, even if she is less overweight than average.
 Ladyinred4755
Msg: 578
Posted: 6/18/2015 7:19:43 AM
Just in the off chance anyone wanted to know,
Copied from Calculator.Net

The ideal human body weight has been a topic of debate for a very long time. Hundreds of formulas and theories have been invented and put to the test, but the answer is still debatable. The ideal weight should be unique for everyone. The major factors that contribute to a person's ideal weight are height, gender, age, body frame, body type, and so on.

Here is a list of the most popular "ideal weight" formulas:
Robinson formula (1983),
Miller formula (1983),
Devine formula (1974),
Hamwi formula (1964),
healthy BMI recommendation,

What happened to the OP? LOL
 gtomustang
Msg: 579
Posted: 6/18/2015 9:04:36 AM
i'll confess, I don't get the strong feelings to an overweight stranger. I guess if I was really hoping for a potential date to be my type of hot, and she shows up not being that, I might be irritated with Fate for not letting the world be fair to me, but...is that her problem?

then again, i'm biased--I don't have the muscles many women might like, and I can stand to drop some weight. sometimes, I think we get horny to have sex with a hot body, and sometimes we're horny to have sex with the caliber of person--she might not be our type, but she's everyone else's, and she chose me, whoopee! or it could be love, that we had a bad day and she gives us a back massage and wants us to forget what happened today and that leads to some sexual healing

(yes, Cloons, go ahead, sing the song)
 clooneystutor
Msg: 580
Posted: 6/18/2015 10:56:48 AM
Get up, get up, get up, get up!
Wake up, wake up, wake up, wake up!

Oh, baby now let's get down tonight

Ooh baby, I'm hot just like an oven
I need some lovin'
And baby, I can't hold it much longer
It's getting stronger and stronger

And when I get that feeling
I want sexual healing
Sexual healing, oh baby
Makes me feel so fine

Helps to relieve my mind
Sexual healing baby, is good for me
Sexual healing is something that's good for me

Whenever blue teardrops are fallin'
And my emotional stability is leaving me
There is something I can do
I can get on the telephone and call you up baby

And honey I know you'll be there to relieve me
The love you give to me will free me
If you don't know the thing you're dealing
Ohh I can tell you, darling, that it's sexual healing

Get up, get up, get up, get up
Let's make love tonight
Wake up, wake up, wake up, wake up
'Cause you do it right

Baby, I got sick this mornin'
A sea was stormin' inside of me
Baby, I think I'm capsizin'
The waves are risin' and risin'

And when I get that feeling
I want sexual healing
Sexual healing is good for me
Makes me feel so fine, it's such a rush
Helps to relieve the mind, and it's good for us

Sexual healing, baby, it's good for me
Sexual healing is something that's good for me
Well, it's good for me and it's so good to me my baby, ohh

Come take control, just grab a hold
Of my body and mind, soon we'll be making it, honey
I'll be feeling fine,
You're my medicine, open up and let me in
Darling, you're so great, I can't wait for you to operate
 ThatGirlNamedAlli
Msg: 581
Posted: 6/18/2015 11:07:19 AM
dude, love your hair. Totally a good look.
 MaleFeasance
Msg: 582
Posted: 6/18/2015 1:26:39 PM
MaleFeasance - you said size 10 was overweight. I am looking for the size - not the weight - you consider 'not overweight' or even the size you consider the boundary of 'overweight' and 'not overweight'. I truly am curious.
------------------------------
Ok, even though women's dress sizes are rather bizarre, I know what women I've dated wore. Tallest woman I dated was around 5'9 or so and she was a size 6. She was extremely athletic and 125 lbs, so possibly a size 8 for someone of average build at that height. Women I've dated who were in the 5'2 to 5'4 range were size 2 to size 4 and maybe 105 to 115 lbs. They were an average build, not particularly athletic nor skinny. You can believe I'm wrong all you like, but ultimately what matters is body fat percentage and I really don't see a woman with a healthy body fat percentage being a size 10 unless she is really tall and has large breasts.

--------------------------------
I'll admit that I believe you're wrong but until I get an idea of what you consider not overweight, I ca
--------------------------------
Well, let's put it this way. I'm 5'10 and about 180 lbs. I work out a bit and I have a 32 waist and 44 chest, so if I were more of an average build, I'd expect weigh less, but I wouldn't expect my waist to any bigger and I'd certainly expect a woman to weigh less than I do if she were the same height.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 583
view profile
History
Posted: 6/18/2015 1:41:02 PM

Why are they called African Americans when most have not been to Africa???

Means their ancestry is from Africa. As stated in the past..ONES ancestral ethnicity or cultural background is a big important thing in America to many (if not most).

Columbus day for example and the Columbus day parade is celebrated by Italian Americans. The vast majority are 3rd-4th generation Americans but if You ask them "what is your nationality?(while in America) or "what are you?"... 75% plus of the time they will say Italian. Not even Italian American. Same with Irish, Russians etc! This is how it is in the large immigrant cities anyway..can't speak for other locales!

We have a large British origin people here but we dont call ourselves Anglo Australians, for instance.

Actually, where I live we would probably refer to them as WASP'S. Belles calls them "American's" with no ethno- designation prefix ! If they had Australian ancestry we would call them Australians!

Growing up I was referred to as the DAGO or Russkie! My best friend was a mick! You may not like NYC..we aren't very into Political correctness here! lol

Some people really do vote against their own best interests.

True..the Jewish voters are the greatest example of this. Based on tradition they vote Democrat(or even progressive). This stems from the old days when the parties were a bit different and the Jewish voters themselves were different. But based on their present economic , tax bracket and educational backgrounds they would be better served voting Republican..which also supports Israel extremely.

This is nonsense. I can buy a lot more healthy food than junk food for the same money. It costs a lot to eat junk food.

Depends on many factors including location. A vast amount of Americans can't or won't cook, and eats out regularly. Fast food and other unhealthy choices is cheap compared to filling healthy choices.

That being said a Chipotle is opening across the street from me in a few days...I will check it out!
 MaleFeasance
Msg: 584
Posted: 6/18/2015 2:06:15 PM
Just because you have access to this doesn't mean others do.
------------------------
We aren't talking about people in impoverished countries here. In the US, they sell real food in the same stores as the junk food, unless you shop at 7-11. Since I just cooked 3 quarts of spaghetti sauce, most of which is divided into batches and frozen, I can tell you exactly what it costs. 1 bunch of carrots: 1.50. 1 bunch of celery: 1.50. Garlic: 1.00. Basil: free (grown on my gf's porch). Shallots: 1.00. Tomato puree (2- 29 oz cans and 3 14.5 oz cans): about 8.00. 3 lbs chicken wings (or 2 lbs ground beef/ground pork): 10.00. Total: 23.00. That's about 12 servings, so call it 2.00 per person. Throw in a 1/3 lb of pasta per person at 2.50/lb and that's about 2.80 for meal. Compare that with a big mac or a couple of hot dogs. Even a bottle of coke is half of that. I can do that well on cost per meal using all sorts of different foods. 1 lb of meat, some squash, onions and carrots will feed 3 people for less than 10.00.

------------------------
Unfortunately, a god-damned average orange costs more than a smaller packet of chips, in some cases. This should never be.
-------------------------
Then don't buy oranges. Orange blight has made them expensive. I didn't say you could eat anything cheaper than junk food. I said you can eat healthy food cheaper than junk food. My gf didn't believe me either. She does now. What costs money is not thinking about the nutritional value of the food you buy.
 MaleFeasance
Msg: 585
Posted: 6/18/2015 2:08:03 PM
Depends on many factors including location. A vast amount of Americans can't or won't cook, and eats out regularly. Fast food and other unhealthy choices is cheap compared to filling healthy choices.
-----------------
Won't is not an excuse. There is no fast food that is cheaper or healthier than what you can cook at home. The reason I rarely eat out is that restaurant food is full of fat and empty calories.
 smilebrother
Msg: 586
Posted: 6/18/2015 2:18:06 PM
MF, educate yourself: google "cost of junk food vs healthy food"

And don't forget that healthy food is just not available in many areas. Why do you think so many cities desperately try to get major grocery chains to open stores in urban areas? If there's no store handy, people without cars or good public transportation can't even get to a store without going to great trouble and expense. I agree with you that people who "won't" choose healthy food are harming themselves, but if you believe that's the only problem, then you're just fooling yourself (and your girlfriend). You're not fooling me, however.
 Strings6
Msg: 587
view profile
History
Posted: 6/18/2015 4:08:15 PM
I guess calories play no role,if you have an excess of calories from healthy food you get fat just like you do from an excess of calories from unhealthy food....but that does not fit the victim narrative.....Grocery stores are a business and everybodys money is fine with them but they often do not locate in certain areas because of crime and the treat of riots and vandalism.
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 588
Posted: 6/18/2015 5:00:53 PM
Sometimes I get the opportunity to help out at the local food bank. It reminds me of how fortunate I am to always have enough to eat. Also kinda puts the body type issue into perspective ;)
 daynadaze
Msg: 589
view profile
History
Posted: 6/18/2015 5:23:55 PM
Except calories in/calories out isn't how humans use what they eat, humans are not all alike and calories is not even based on human consumption & use of food.
 gtomustang
Msg: 590
Posted: 6/18/2015 6:03:41 PM
if healthy ingredients were cheaper, they'd get used in junk food. now, appropo of truly nothing, gas got so cheap in America that gas stations installed convenience stores just to get that 1% profit margin. fast forward to today, and the only grocery store in some neighborhoods is that convenience store, just b/c there's a gas station. Cumberland Farms at least puts out a basket of bananas in the attempt to bring some nutrition to a food desert.
 motowncowgirl
Msg: 591
Posted: 6/18/2015 6:08:56 PM

I guess calories play no role,if you have an excess of calories from healthy food you get fat just like you do from an excess of calories from unhealthy food....

calories DO play a role, but the human metabolism isn't as simplistic as calories in/calories out.

part of it has to do with blood chemistry and insulin response.

so yes, there is a difference between eating 'healty food' and the standard american diet. otherwise we could declare ketchup a vegetable and get skinny on big macs.
 sealady111
Msg: 592
Posted: 6/18/2015 6:14:48 PM
I have just finished being 'a guinea pig' for a 12 month university study into fat people.

It discovered that I am an emotional eater.
Comfort food.
Celebration food.
Catch up with friends food.
Cheer myself up food.

I eat healthy, most of the time and am very active.
I cook from scratch at home for most meals.
Even if just for me.

Today breakfast: muesli, fruit, yoghurt, honey and black, sugarless coffee.
Lunch will probably be a home made pasta and /or salad.
I am working from home today.

For me portion size, quantity and wine are my downfalls.
I rarely eat dessert or drink sugary or fizzy drinks.
Do drink a lot of filtered or tap water.

When I was in the USA both mainland and Hawaii I struggled to find what I consider 'good food'.
So many eateries had massive portions, even by my standards and copious quantities of fried food smothered in sauce and cheese.
I remember wondering what the sauce was that people were pouring on their bacon and eggs.
It was MAPLE SYRUP?????

Don't get me started on the salad dressings.

Subway became my friend.
 newoldgirl
Msg: 593
Posted: 6/18/2015 7:49:16 PM
I think crappy food is cheaper.

Almost every inexpensive meal has a component of cheap, starchy filler----pasta and meatballs, meatloaf with mashed potatoes, mac and cheese, tacos, chicken and rice, dahl and naan, shepherds pie, noodle casseroles, and of course stretching a meal with bread and/or potatoes on the side. Sure, it tastes good and it's cheap, but eating an abundance of bad carbs is not and ideal diet.

I can buy greasy chicken thighs cheaply, but I would rather eat the white meat, because I think it's better for me and my waistline, but it costs more. A few snack crackers or cookies is usually cheaper than a serving of fruit. Nuts and seeds cost more than chips and cheesies.

I used to work in an impoverished area and there was NO grocery store nearby. It's easy for people with cars to buy in bulk, not so easy for people who don't have cars to pick up the best deals they see.

I believe poor people have a much harder time finding healthy food options. I am not saying they don't have personal responsibility, but I have seen what an uphill climb it can be for a lot of folks.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 594
view profile
History
Posted: 6/18/2015 7:51:22 PM
The only time I lost significant amounts of weight and kept it off was by counting carbs. Not calories. Low fat diets do not work because low fat products add extra sugar to make them palatable. Losing the weight slowly is the way to go. 14 kgs in 18 months is slow but it stays off and I am still losing slowly.. . Jump up from the couch when the ads are on..... and walk around.... all makes a difference.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 595
view profile
History
Posted: 6/18/2015 8:22:19 PM

I used to work in an impoverished area and there was NO grocery store nearby. It's easy for people with cars to buy in bulk, not so easy for people who don't have cars to pick up the best deals they see.

Actually, where I live it is the opposite. The ghetto has more supermarkets, including the lower cost Latin markets. My area I have to walk at least a mile to get to a large supermarket. But those areas also have more fast food chains.

What I do have closer is bunches of Kosher supermarkets and Russian markets. Problem is the food is overpriced in both places. Kosher markets are about 60% more. The Eastern Euro markets are double the price. Ironic, because they sell same stuff. The Quaker oats container is double the price because the label is in Russian :(.

Now half a mile away is the Chinese markets..cheap for fish though.

Driving is not a good option because we have musical chairs here(alternate side parking). Basically NO parking lol. People(myself included) have cars so we can keep them parked!
 newoldgirl
Msg: 596
Posted: 6/18/2015 8:43:04 PM

Actually, where I live it is the opposite. The ghetto has more supermarkets, including the lower cost Latin markets. My area I have to walk at least a mile to get to a large supermarket. But those areas also have more fast food chains.

Of course, NYC has many advantages, and probably Toronto could compare. The downtown area in the smallish city where I was working had nothing close by but a 7-11 and a couple of doughnut shops. No bodegas or ethnic food shops at all. There were inexpensive grocery stores outside the downtown core, but it's hard to carry lots of groceries on the bus. Not to mention, public transit in small towns sucks.

Again, there is personal responsibility for sure, but I can see some reasons why poor people have a harder time eating healthily.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 597
Posted: 6/18/2015 9:06:13 PM

Comfort food.

Yes.
Good stuff.

I cook from scratch at home for most meals.

I microwave at home for most meals.

Today breakfast: muesli, fruit, yoghurt, honey and black, sugarless coffee.

:(

I rarely eat dessert

Sometimes dessert IS my meal.

When I was in the USA both mainland and Hawaii I struggled to find what I consider 'good food'.

No struggle here.
Any fast food place that sends me coupons.

Don't get me started on the salad dressings.

I know.
Some places don't even carry Thousand Island. :(

Subway became my friend.

Subway Customer Appreciation Celebration-Nov. 15-Dec 31.

6 inch meatball sub and cold cut trio-$2.00 each.

That's a good friend.
 sealady111
Msg: 598
Posted: 6/18/2015 9:14:07 PM
6 inch meatball sub and cold cut trio-$2.00 each.

^^^^ Truly?
Most here in Australia are over $7.00

At the current exchange rate with USA that translates to about $9-12US not $2

Your food must be soooo much cheaper than ours.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >