Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 612
i think she may me over weightPage 26 of 26    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26)

The sum of a woman's hip, waist and chest measurements should be right at 100 inches.

Indeed. And the sum of a man's IQ "should" be right at 100 points. Ah, well.
 treeguy100
Msg: 613
i think she may me over weight
Posted: 7/20/2015 4:48:47 PM
I cannot tell you how many women have said they do not like bald guys or guys over a certain age. So if you have a preference for non fatties then let it be know. Being bald is a genetic trait not a sign of poor health. Being overweight usually implies poor health choices, poor diet, lack of exercise, low self esteem, dying early, not much fun sharing physical endeavors and so on. It is normal for a man to seek a healthy looking partner. Unfortunately the bulk of western women are over weight. That is why they call this site plenty of flesh.
 Gamer_Girl1981
Msg: 614
Posted: 7/20/2015 5:00:34 PM
If over weight people are not your thing than state that on your profile. I know it may seem harsh to people, but getting that out in the open would be best. Now if she states she is thin in the body type section when she is clearly not then there is an issue. It is not a bad thing to have a type. If your type is thin women state it. But remember people that have extra weight are just as good as thin people, keep that in mind. I don't have full body shots on my profile and I have stated I have an average build which is true. But not everyone is that truthful. ALSO she could have the body type you are looking for but doesn't like to post full length pics of herself....There is no polite way of asking for a body shot without sounding like a douchecanoe. All I can suggest at this point is to go on the date, if she is not your type then tell her that she is not what you expected and leave politely...Do NOT lead her on the whole night
 treeguy100
Msg: 615
rather be a pinup girl than zero size...throw me a curve
Posted: 7/20/2015 5:01:04 PM
Check the main ingredient in Walmarts moist and meaty dog food and you will find it is corn syrup. They even try to fatten up our darn dogs. gross i will not feed that to my dog.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 616
view profile
History
Posted: 7/20/2015 6:22:22 PM
treeguy100
How about you get rid of the pic with the child in it? Did she give permission? This is a dating site, not grandpa's brag book.

This site call also be called plenty of fools, plenty of fakes and plenty of flakes.

I am sure you dont like women over a certain age or weight either and we are all entitled to our preferences.
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 617
Posted: 7/20/2015 7:00:35 PM

treeguy100 :
Being overweight usually implies poor health choices, poor diet, lack of exercise, low self esteem, dying early, not much fun sharing physical endeavors and so on. Unfortunately the bulk of western women are over weight.

treeguy100, don't take this the wrong way. You are criticizing overweight people, but in the picture with your granddaughter it looks like you ate one too many donuts already.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 618
Posted: 7/20/2015 7:33:14 PM
Zing. And can the cap be hiding a balding 5 head? Right, men get better with age LOLOL
The bulk of western women? Really? You met them all?
 treeguy100
Msg: 619
Posted: 7/20/2015 8:29:06 PM
Thank you for that advice. I deleted it so thanks once again.
I was just trying to defend the guys right to have a preference and the idea that there are deep seated biological preferences built in to the human mind. Nothing personal. Yes i am as heavy as i have ever been but i am also 65 and that is me in the tree i climbed. In truth it was not easy being bald early on and women were not very nice about it. Lucky for me i had a real good women. It made me want to excel in more than just looks. What does not tear you down will build character and you will excel somewhere else. At least that was my plan.
 Hearton64
Msg: 620
Posted: 7/21/2015 5:43:19 AM
He has a right to his preference.

He doesn't have the right to bash her here
and then meet up to get laid.

Did you read the entire thread?

Guess not or you might not have wasted
your time defending such a douche bag!
 luuv_guru
Msg: 621
Posted: 7/21/2015 12:55:25 PM
The problem isn't necessarily the fat women per se. The main problem is that the definitions of western society of what is really fat is skewed and the line keeps moving. So many women on here put average or thin, when in reality they are nowhere near that. Hence it is completely pointless for a man to put a preference for 'thin' on his profile, because he'll get the hippo who thinks she's thin charging towards him. Delusion is the issue, not fatness per se.
 BLonde^J^AngeL
Msg: 622
Posted: 7/21/2015 1:06:44 PM

Hence it is completely pointless for a man to put a preference for 'thin' on his profile, because he'll get the hippo who thinks she's thin charging towards him.

Then if you're so special, why date off POF? Date from IRL where u won't get "charged"!
 luuv_guru
Msg: 623
Posted: 7/21/2015 1:10:52 PM
Huhhhhhhh???? Strawman much? Where did I say I was special? I was just making observations. This is another problem with women on here, they can't follow any simple threads of logic and begin non-sequitor's that have nothing to do with the discussion at hand.
 BLonde^J^AngeL
Msg: 624
Posted: 7/21/2015 1:19:58 PM

Huhhhhhhh???? Strawman much? Where did I say I was special? I was just making observations. This is another problem with women on here, they can't follow any simple threads of logic and begin non-sequitor's that have nothing to do with the discussion at hand.

I know a narcisisstic gender bashing rant when I see one...
 whiterose0
Msg: 625
Posted: 7/21/2015 1:55:27 PM

The problem isn't necessarily the fat women per se. The main problem is that the definitions of western society of what is really fat is skewed and the line keeps moving. So many women on here put average or thin, when in reality they are nowhere near that. Hence it is completely pointless for a man to put a preference for 'thin' on his profile, because he'll get the hippo who thinks she's thin charging towards him. Delusion is the issue, not fatness per se.

It's not only women that are guilty of body type misrepresentation. I've met many men who stated in their profiles that they were average or even athletic, and they turned out to be 30 or 40 pounds overweight. It's not delusion. They're being dishonest, and they know it. If they're over a certain body mass index for their height, they're overweight. They're just hoping people will overlook it.
 BLonde^J^AngeL
Msg: 626
Posted: 7/21/2015 2:03:31 PM

t's not only women that are guilty of body type misrepresentation. I've met many men who stated in their profiles that they were average or even athletic, and they turned out to be 30 or 40 pounds overweight. It's not delusion. They're being dishonest, and they know it. If they're over a certain body mass index for their height, they're overweight. They're just hoping people will overlook it.

Agree, but I don't like OP's attitude by calling them hippos..and men do it to.

It's just like this-if Op finds this venue so distasteful, then he shouldn't engage. That is exactly what I did, w/ the exception of the forums.

A few years ago I met a UPS man who used an old pic. he looked like if I stuck a pin in him, he would POP. I saw him on FB, he looked like he gained 50 lbs & in the interim I lost. THAT was clearly not a match.

After that I went 100% IRL.
 Hearton64
Msg: 627
Posted: 7/21/2015 3:34:10 PM

I agree that both sexes tend to lie,deny,omit,or are delusional
about their weight. I do t think most people even know
what a BMI is about.

I went the opposite way and claimed to be huge
so they were pleasantly surprised in person.

I'm a thin hippo. ; )
 2ufo
Msg: 628
Posted: 7/21/2015 5:10:00 PM

...Hence it is completely pointless for a man to put a preference for 'thin' on his profile, because he'll get the hippo who thinks she's thin charging towards him. Delusion is the issue, not fatness per se.

So, you're saying that it is pointless for a man to put a preference for 'thin' in his profile because women are delusional? So, if a man doesn't put in his profile that he prefers slender women, then it's a large woman's fault because she didn't read his mind?

I think you're wrong about this. I'm fat and I won't bother any man who has a preference for 'thin' listed in his profile or has made it clear from his forum posts. Or if he wants someone 'traditional' or 'blonde' or his choice of 'religious' or any other preference that I don't meet. The original poster's profile had no such preference listed nor did he ever confront the woman with the question of a recent, full-body photo or even ask if she was overweight. For all we know, she might have thought that since he didn't bring it up, it wasn't a matter of important to him.

He simply decided to meet her with the intention of having sex even if she was fat and then blocking her. And, I'm sure he thinks himself a true gentleman.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 629
Posted: 7/21/2015 5:37:44 PM
2uf0- I'm getting more than little tired of all the fat shaming.
People like what they like, but there is NO need to be mean.
Goodness, it's almost as if you are overweight nothing else matters to some people.
I'm starting to wonder if there are some people who would ask you to remove your brain, as long as it meant you weighed less.
Either that, or look down and as long as the proper "fun" part was there, a brain wouldn't matter anyway. :(
It's as if all bets are off when it comes having a heart.
I'm starting to think that if I starved myself to be thin and died from it and some of these people came to my funeral, the only thing they would have to say is "damn, that's too bad, she finally lost the weight and now I can't date her".
 sweettea091
Msg: 630
Posted: 8/3/2015 5:18:48 PM
Face pics are definitely a dead give away but then again.. Not all face pics mean someone's a fatty. Asking for a full body pic doesn't mean much either. She could easily send you an old pic. Just meet up with her. If she's not what you expected, then leave.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >