Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 GattoMonstrosis
Msg: 203
view profile
History
i think she may me over weightPage 8 of 26    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26)
It's that damn fluoridation!!! Dr Strangelove had it right after all!!!!
 ThePig0fYourDreams
Msg: 204
i think she may me over weight
Posted: 5/28/2015 8:06:34 AM

I really do not see the need for this obnoxious hatred of me. Many women have said I am handsome, and being 45 slim and lots of hair helps me over other men, crikey I really do not why why I am defending myself, i have not said anything against larger ladies. he has gone a bit quiet on me today, i asked if she could drive over to where I live and she also agreed, as I have to be up in the morning to collect my son. I must be worth it to some women believe it or not folks

It's funny how out of those "some women", you can't seem to find one that YOU find attractive. You're settling for an overweight woman you're not attracted to.

Again, I'm not knocking your desire to have sex or for not wanting to be in a relationship. The way you have gone about it has been pure shit.

First, you said you would walk out and made sure she saw you if you discovered she was "massive", and now you've decided to have sex with her. Just pathetic all around.

Ever notice?? Check their profiles, almost always............the UK.

Yep, I noticed weeks ago. It's gotten to the point where if I see a name I don't recognize, I say to myself "I bet it's another Brit".
 newoldgirl
Msg: 205
Posted: 5/28/2015 8:14:15 AM

oh, yes, well everyone "bends the truth" a bit about there age,

Not true. I don't lie about my age or anything else on my profile. And it's "their" not "there".

and I do reveal my real age at some point to most women.

Some point? Most women? Only some women are worthy of the truth, I guess.
 eternalrealist2015
Msg: 206
Posted: 5/28/2015 8:18:14 AM

oh, yes, well everyone "bends the truth" a bit about there age, women included

Define 'everyone'. I don't. I never joined an OLD site until after my 50th birthday and I have always PROUDLY used my real birth date. sheesh.

So... you insult a woman's appearance (unless 'massive' is a compliment?) but don't want us to take note of your appearance?

And you lie about your age, but hey! that's ok since 'everyone does it'...

Dude.
 Dee4166
Msg: 207
view profile
History
Posted: 5/28/2015 8:19:12 AM

oh, yes, well everyone "bends the truth" a bit about there age, women included,

Nope.

I'm 49, as of today...and that's what's on my profile.....

How gracious of you...

gosh it is like being hunted like a fox at my local horse meeting

I can't quite decide if you're just being disingenuous or if you really ARE that dumb, frankly....But after Vicky's explanation where she SPELLED OUT the problem and why you're getting such a negative response, well.....it's NOT looking good, gotta say...

@Tom, yes, actually I DO know how it works, unfortunately....lol

I guess I was hoping that it would clarify the larger issue here...as in the fact that while nobody is obligated to take care of anybody else in the world, unless they're children, still, it WOULD be nice if the guy would behave like a decent person and just have the dinner and then say good bye...
Rather than using her for sex....

That doesn't thrill me, but she IS an adult and will find out just who he is....I think what 'did it' for me, personally, was the comment about walking in making sure that she saw him, and then walking out without saying a 'word', that he initially made....

One thing for sure, he has been pretty true to form since....
 springorfall
Msg: 208
view profile
History
Posted: 5/28/2015 8:24:29 AM
I defended your right (and her right) to have no-strings sex if that's what has been discussed upfront and is honestly decided upon by the both of you. But I find your protestations of ignorance as to why people are 'hating on you' to be disingenuous; you know that making sure someone sees you before walking away is a hurtful and nasty thing to do, to be negative about people being less than truthful in their profiles and then admit that you have lied about your age, is hypocritical at best.

"Treat people the way you'd like to be treated" is a childhood motto worthy of remembering.
 chameleonf
Msg: 209
Posted: 5/28/2015 8:32:09 AM
I was thinking it would be great if she was hiding the fact she's a he and he didn't find out until some crucial stage...but then it became apparent that if he's willing to overlook her huge size for the sake of sex, he'd be willing to overlook the fact she's a guy in drag and he'll simply carry on regardless of any aversions in that regard also.
 gtomustang
Msg: 210
i know she may be over weight
Posted: 5/28/2015 8:33:48 AM
Donkeys don't worry that they aren't stallions. Donkeys just focus on doing what donkeys do. and that's where they find their happiness.

I wonder if the "chosen one" lady we've been discussing knows about the forums? can you imagine agreeing to meet, and then coming here and realizing its all been a topic of discussion? boy, that could suck the romance right out.

if we're discussing irony^^, I would think the best would be if she meets and decides she has his a problem with his, um, size. if ya know what I mean.
 ThePig0fYourDreams
Msg: 212
Posted: 5/28/2015 8:37:55 AM

I'm 49, as of today...and that's what's on my profile.....

Awwwww, happy berfday.
 kj521
Msg: 213
Posted: 5/28/2015 8:39:19 AM
I hear you Mr. Clitheroe!

I say let that hair down and forego the nick naks yourself! Live dangerously! :)
 Ladyinred4755
Msg: 215
Posted: 5/28/2015 8:46:32 AM

................like being hunted like a fox at my local horse meeting

?Hunted? for what? for having an unappealing nose???? Pfffft!
No, no no, not, "everyone," feels the need to lie/"bend the truth" about their, (not there) age, or lie about anything else for that matter. So speak/lie for yourself!

OP, I have no doubt, the majority of us who responded to you in this thread, took you at your word, in the beginning. THEN it became very clear you and your tall tale, live under a bridge. UGH!

Now I have a hole to dig to bury a pet cat. She had to be put down yesterday morning, due to oral cancer. In the afternoon I attended a Memorial service for a 53 yr old coworker. She died unexpectedly of natural causes in her sleep last week.

I can appreciate the humor here from other Forum regulars, (yes this thread has been entertaining, LOL) Thank you! I need the laugh!
 import_from_uk
Msg: 216
Posted: 5/28/2015 8:49:23 AM

oh, yes, well everyone "bends the truth" a bit about there age, women included, and I do reveal my real age at some point to most women. I really do not like personal insults about my nose, I know I am not traditionally handsome. gosh it is like being hunted like a fox at my local horse meeting

You are totally narcissistic.

In LYING about your age, you are manipulating your dates and removing their rights to apply their own age restrictions in who they date. The second you own up, don't be surprised if you are dumped. It's not just about your age, it's about the lying to manipulate. If you can lie about something like this, how many other lines have you spun to get your way/appear different than you really are.

The more you post, the more I understand why you are single.

Being handsome, is a bonus. Being a decent human being who doesn't lie to get their own way, who doesn't act to deliberately hurt someone whose done you no wrong (i.e. making sure she sees you walk away) and who is overly confident that she isn't going to take one look at you and run, is basic requirement for most.

You aren't anywhere near handsome when it comes to core values and decency. I think you are positively ugly.
 ThePig0fYourDreams
Msg: 217
Posted: 5/28/2015 8:49:33 AM

Thank you, I am quite a civilised gentleman.

bwahahaha. You're as much a civilized gentleman as I am bald.
 chameleonf
Msg: 218
Posted: 5/28/2015 8:50:07 AM
Happy Birthday Dee!! :^)

Sorry for your losses, LadyinRed :^(
 import_from_uk
Msg: 219
Posted: 5/28/2015 8:54:59 AM

Thank you, I am quite a civilised gentleman.

You're totally delusional. You are non of these things.
 newoldgirl
Msg: 220
Posted: 5/28/2015 8:58:50 AM

She has agreed to do the wild thing half the night and sport no knickers at the bar.

I have had the odd wild night of NSA passion in my life, and IME part of the fun is the unplanned aspect of it, and it was ALL about the attraction. Attraction is subjective and can be fickle, and it cannot be determined on paper. It is bizarre that either of you can imagine that you are going to be so attracted and sexually compatible that you will be doing the "wild thing" half the night, sight unseen, especially since you have said you do not find her body type attractive. It's absurd.
 Eternitygracesme
Msg: 221
Posted: 5/28/2015 9:05:37 AM

oh, yes, well everyone "bends the truth" a bit about there age, women included,

My age stated on my profile is my real-life chronological age.

Has it ever occurred to you that it's not just about you?
 Eternitygracesme
Msg: 222
Posted: 5/28/2015 9:10:02 AM

I was thinking it would be great if she was hiding the fact she's a he and he didn't find out until some crucial stage...but then it became apparent that if he's willing to overlook her huge size for the sake of sex, he'd be willing to overlook the fact she's a guy in drag and he'll simply carry on regardless of any aversions in that regard also.

+1
 2ufo
Msg: 223
Posted: 5/28/2015 9:21:28 AM

You're 45?!?! I never would have guessed!

Probably cause your profile says 39! :D

People that lie tend to lie to themselves as well.
 kj521
Msg: 224
Posted: 5/28/2015 9:24:07 AM
Well...thank you Mr. Clitheroe....I shall take that as a compliment.
But just as you, sir...I, too, have my preferences....whether around the corner or Timbuktu...it makes no difference. :)

Focus on your bird in the hand, luv.....
 chameleonf
Msg: 225
Posted: 5/28/2015 9:25:23 AM
It's becoming clearer that the OP is the desperate one by lowering his vehemently stated disqualifiers and feels he has to lie about any number of things in order to obtain a date in the first place. Me thinks it's not just his inability to get out more than two nights a month that is the cause of his desperation. He's quickly determined to be a jerk, as all have determined here, and he can't maintain any form of lasting relationship, so is willing to take what he can get and then attempt to turn it around as though he is he's doing an overweight woman some kind of favour. He seems an obvious troll, but there are any number of weirdoes out there who operate like this, I'm sure.
 Like2dance
Msg: 226
view profile
History
Posted: 5/28/2015 9:40:33 AM
Well, in my experience if a woman posts only head shots she is overweight, usually significantly so. Most of the women I have met from internet dating sites lied about their ages so prepare yourself for that as well. Good luck!
 clooneystutor
Msg: 227
Posted: 5/28/2015 9:45:45 AM
I bet he offered friendship in the morning...via text :(
 motowncowgirl
Msg: 229
Posted: 5/28/2015 11:01:51 AM

Jesus Christ. I got a message saying she saw my post on this forum... so thanks a lot for the bad replies. she then vanished from my inbox on POF. what a bunch of bounders and rude people some of you are on here.

assuming any of this is even remotely true, it's YOU she isn't talking to any more, but it's not because of anything WE said. thanks for the laughs.
 chameleonf
Msg: 230
Posted: 5/28/2015 11:03:44 AM
Ya, don'tcha just hate it when you post about a person and they can read about what a dork you are instead of having to find out firsthand?
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >