Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Are 21st century, western women intimidating?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 clooneystutor
Msg: 51
Are 21st century, western women intimidating? Page 3 of 66    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)

You can take this morbid tale into bed with you tonight. When, alone as per usual, you reach for your almost empty bottle of lube, slather it on your weenster and desperately jerk off. Only a****oach in your closet will hear your strangled cries as your DNA glops onto the sheets. You clean it up, almost getting all of it. Then you turn over, let the Kleenex drop onto the floor alone again for the long night.

Day-um!

Are you watching me??

Minus the roaches and dropping of a wine bottle instead of kleenex, you just described last night to a tee...

Now listen up bachelor's..there's a bachelor tool kit available on my profile.

Msg me and I'll ship it out asap!
 rennips1949
Msg: 52
Are 21st century, western women intimidating?
Posted: 5/28/2015 3:07:13 PM

Their famine side?

Somebody wanna call Dr. Freud and tell him we found his slip?
I'm sorry, UNhappybloke, but I have no problem with the modern, confident, self-reliant and resourceful women of today.
I see plenty of them who are very fulfilled, comfortable and stable even though they are unpartnered.
No, they are not all bitter divorcees or "old maids".
It seems to me that life might be VERY lonely, unstable,uncomfortable if one just partnered up with the first thing that came along, and that goes for both genders. Especially if it was someone who tried to use insults and threats to get their way .
I don't find them intimidating. I find that many of them just don't seem to want to bother with dating and relationships.
They certainly are not living miserable lonely lives.
A life partner is not a necessary utility, or a"must have" social/fashion accessory. Relationships require effort,thought, patience.
I think it is great that relationships are now a CHOICE, not a socioeconomic/practical necessity for women.
But to tack an addendum onto my answer, I'm quite certain that there ARE quite a few men who are intimidated, or angry and resentful that they have lost that particular leverage.
 VolkanoKing
Msg: 53
Posted: 5/28/2015 3:08:33 PM
Hahahahaha WOOHOOOOOOO
 ohenryx
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 5/28/2015 3:13:34 PM
And I also wanted to respond to this one:

Oldmanhome
Madam. Volkano, I agree to a point. Everybody is interested in "zing", but many women will choose the guy with not as much Zing but with more success potential. She may have great sexual attraction to the hot biker member of the Hells Angels, but she is going to marry the only so-so looking banker or doctor in many cases, because in the end, she wants to live a financially secure life with a nice house to raise her children. And if things are really good, she gets all of the other benefits . . . yachts, world travel, jet setting, ski chalets. How many women will turn this down to marry the UPS worker just because he has Zing? It simply does not happen in real life.

This, above, does deserve a comment. There have been many studies showing that women are more attracted (sexually) to the “hot biker”, but that they go on to marry the “so-so looking banker”. And in later life, if they do step outside the bounds of their marriage, it will be with the “hot biker” or other male who brings the “zing” to the table.

The “bad boy” gets laid a lot, the guy with the high GPA and later the high income will wind up married to the beautiful woman. What disturbs me the most about this: If you’re the high income guy, married to the beautiful woman who used to date the good looking “bad boy”, does she lie in bed at night wishing you were more like the “bad boy”? More good looking, more exciting, more fun in bed?

Hmmm….
 clooneystutor
Msg: 55
Posted: 5/28/2015 3:14:17 PM
Truth be told, at least my tool kit leaves less of a carbon foot print :)
 VolkanoKing
Msg: 56
Posted: 5/28/2015 3:14:53 PM
This is more entertainment than I have a right to expect!
 clooneystutor
Msg: 57
Posted: 5/28/2015 3:19:01 PM

The “bad boy” gets laid a lot, the guy with the high GPA and later the high income will wind up married to the beautiful woman. What disturbs me the most about this: If you’re the high income guy, married to the beautiful woman who used to date the good looking “bad boy”, does she lie in bed at night wishing you were more like the “bad boy”? More good looking, more exciting, more fun in bed?

Perhaps the most disturbing thing I rarely hear on a date...

Her marriage failed because she realized she had married a friend only. There never was a spark to begin with.

I don't hear of any men that divorced a gal for that reason...
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 58
Posted: 5/28/2015 3:31:38 PM

Is a woman who is educated, uses contraception wisely, has confidence, a good career, owns property, a nice car and yacht intimidating??????

You seem to assume every western women in the 21 century uses conception wisely, has confidence, a good career, owns property, a nice car and yacht. This false presumption. I don't own property, a nice car and yacht so I assume a woman who does will not be interested in me. However, I wouldn't be intimidated by her.

Have we destroyed the traditional, male / female dynamic that has existed in the past?
I don't know much of the traditional male / female dynamic because that existed before my generation. I think it's unfair to say that women never had happy marriages back then and were always forced to settle for less in men. I think that a lot of women are assuming that since they are attracted to career initiative and accomplishments in a man that this is also what men find attractive in women. Men are more attracted to the nurturing mother qualities of women- they don't want a competitor, they want a woman's support.

Does the man have to earn more money?'

I would have no problem dating a woman who made more money than I did. I don't make much money but there are also a lot of women out there who are my equal financially- like I said before, not every women in the 21st century owns property, a nice car and yacht.

Be taller?

This is moot question. Men could not grow taller even if they wanted to.

Be able to slay the woolly mammoth?

Woolly mammoths are extinct.
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 5/28/2015 3:57:30 PM
Can of worms can of worms.

Men we work with or compete with , a lot are.

Men who date/ desire./marry us..Naw, not intimidating, just a bit challenging at times if they grew up like Beaver Cleaver.
Mostly I have found they think we are much more fun and exciting than some mamby pamby mealy mouth helpless wimpy "do it for me" pouty princess that thinks the vagina holds all the power and uses sex as a weapon like in the stone ages.
 63T
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 5/28/2015 4:01:32 PM
Millionpaws;

Is a woman who is educated, uses contraception wisely, has confidence, a good career, owns property, a nice car and yacht intimidating??????

I am not intimidated by material possessions, nor am I intimidated by evolving gender roles.
However, I find your excessive use of question marks somewhat intimidating. :P

Be able to slay the woolly mammoth?

In the context of your post, the only wooly mammoth that needs slaying is learning to identify and overcome individual barriers to change.
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 61
Posted: 5/28/2015 4:04:12 PM

You have fun now with your vibrating friend.

Was this necessary?
 VolkanoKing
Msg: 62
Posted: 5/28/2015 4:16:06 PM
After my colorful scenario I painted of one of his grim masturbation episodes, why yes. He had to defend himself some way.
 Millionpaws
Msg: 63
Posted: 5/28/2015 4:25:55 PM
WOW What a vigorous debate.

To answer some questions as to why I created this thread.

Yes - that description is of me and other single female friends of mine.
You can replace yacht with aircraft, art collection, kite surfing, hiking, kickboxing, snow skiing.
Ages range from 20's to 70's.
Including drop dead gorgeous and super athletic, not only old and fat like me.

Like my other female examples, I have been told I am intimidating by some men who I have been seeing and being intimate as well as ones who are not potential lovers.
In the last week I have been told most men would find me intimidating by both women and men who considered it a compliment.
Once it was said to support a point I was making.
Even my dad suggested that I start driving to first meets in the old car rather than the newer model.

A builder doing work at my home this week was shaking his head about the women he does work for who don't have a partner.
He said that most men would find these women intimidating. He was despairing for his daughter who could end up the same.

This has also been the subject of radio talk back this week with many women calling in to say things like their mum told them NEVER to beat a boy at tennis (or anything else).

I will say that almost all of my yacht owning, sailing, female friends are single.
With one exception. Her husband hates the boat so she sails without him.
The woman who owns and flies her own airplane is also single.... Surprise, surprise?

Some of these women have met men, got on extremely well, become intimate... all good, till she invites him to her home.
He takes one look at her beautiful home with her favorite things and vanishes.

I will say that all of these women are charming, have lots of friends, can talk to anyone and treat everyone with equality and respect.

Certainly I was raised to treat everyone the same irrespective if they are a street sweeper or the Queen.

Is this why so many men have mail order brides?
Have we women driven them to it?
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 5/28/2015 4:31:03 PM
Is intimidating the right word?

I am not intimidated by any women or man for that matter, but clowns intimidate me! Especially when they run around with their pants falling down!

The biggest problem is looking it as intimidation and not just possibly as being a bit unappealing to some guys. Certain qualities that aren't old fashioned can be a turn off to many guys when considering a LTR when such guys are old fashioned!
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 65
Posted: 5/28/2015 4:41:59 PM
I have not contemplated relationship viability in terms of intimidation factors. Never crossed my mind.
My measure is whether our two lives could nicely and pleasantly interweave with one another.
There are rare instances where a woman casts a spell that interrupts electrical connections in my brain. Wow!
 clooneystutor
Msg: 66
Posted: 5/28/2015 4:42:00 PM

Is this why so many men have mail order brides?

Perhaps those men were hoping to avoid being judged as inferior to the woman?
 Millionpaws
Msg: 67
Posted: 5/28/2015 5:49:01 PM

Perhaps those men were hoping to avoid being judged as inferior to the woman?

^^^^ Could this be it?
The women I am using as my example do not consider their men to be inferior.

"I don't think I'm no better than anybody else... but I'll be damned if I ain't just as good"
A great quote from Oklahoma.
Closing weekend of my community theatre production tomorrow.

Even in community theatre.
Lots and lots of single women. At least 20 out of a cast of more than 50.
All with jobs and houses.
There is only single adult male.
He is the son of one of the single mums, who is working backstage and is on the autism spectrum.
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 68
Posted: 5/28/2015 6:00:59 PM

The women I am using as my example do not consider their men to be inferior.

Maybe not intimidated as Joe said. Maybe a touch of a reduced sense of self worth when looking at the material things? Or possibly a self esteem issue......looking at a well decored upscale house and compares it to his efficiency apartment? Yacht vs john boat? Plane vs. red eye economy commercial?
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 69
Posted: 5/28/2015 6:11:31 PM
Sometimes I wonder if some men find it intimidating that I carry a gun?
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 70
Posted: 5/28/2015 6:17:35 PM

Sometimes I wonder if some men find it intimidating that I carry a gun?

I could see that, especially if they were standing next to you at the airport when metal detectors went off and TSA started screaming "down on the floor".
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 5/28/2015 6:18:37 PM
ohenryx

You have some valid points but then again I am sure the high income guy more than likely has women on the side, fantasises about others also. As long as the so so banker has the trophy wife he can have more than likely, good looking kids with, or at least can afford to fix with surgery etc. There is the image of happy families and respectability, I am sure he is content.

Every woman is entitled to the bad boy for instance, but only once, if she is smart. The hot biker who will be off with other women a smart woman probably does not want to marry.
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 72
Posted: 5/28/2015 6:46:31 PM

Every woman is entitled to the bad boy for instance, but only once, if she is smart. The hot biker who will be off with other women a smart woman probably does not want to marry.

A woman's IQ diminishes in proportion to how much her love of bad boys increases.
 eternalrealist2015
Msg: 73
Posted: 5/28/2015 6:55:47 PM

Her marriage failed because she realized she had married a friend only. There never was a spark to begin with.

I don't hear of any men that divorced a gal for that reason...

You've mentioned before how much that bothers you.

What about the marriages that fail because the one of the people had an affair due to the spark being lost? Is that 'better'?

Just curious.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 74
Posted: 5/28/2015 7:12:42 PM

Posted by Whatsamatterbaby:
"Sometimes I wonder if some men find it intimidating that I carry a gun?"

Sweet! A confident man will hope the caliber begins with the number "4" if he digs you.
 Your_Move
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 5/28/2015 7:28:38 PM
And bonus points for magnum ;)
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Are 21st century, western women intimidating?