Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Are 21st century, western women intimidating?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Oldmanhome
Msg: 101
Are 21st century, western women intimidating? Page 5 of 66    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)

maybe I should buy him a fitbit??

Fitness trackers are wonderful motivators. Don't discount them.
 eternalrealist2015
Msg: 102
Are 21st century, western women intimidating?
Posted: 5/29/2015 9:28:55 AM
^^

Ah, I just looked at your profile. I understand now, you ARE 'older', perhaps one of the ones who has lost your sense of humor? Got it.
 clooneystutor
Msg: 103
Posted: 5/29/2015 9:30:38 AM
Sounds quite funny to me.
 Oldmanhome
Msg: 104
Posted: 5/29/2015 9:30:54 AM
Sometimes my sense of humor is too subtle for many of you to pick up on.

So let me modify my advice.

Excess weight is highly attractive and healthy too. Keep on doing what you are doing. Ignore any who might suggest otherwise. And if your doctor has the audacity to suggest something . . . don't listen to him. Find another doctor. Happy now?
 lowmiles2
Msg: 105
Posted: 5/29/2015 9:31:26 AM
Msg. 19

She summed it up fairly well. "If she can't make his penis hard he isn't interested. That's about it"

If I'm looking down the barrel of a .38 or a six inch blade I might be intimidated. Otherwise, no. I don't post a pic for my own reasons , yet I will contact women who I feel attracted to... yea they make my cvck hard. Invariable they request a photo and I understand because they in turn want to feel that tingle inside them.

I think, probable wrong in most cases, why would this guy hit on you if he didn't think he was that guy. Oh well... no sweat off my balls. I heard something the other day. "In order to get along with women... you need to learn how to live without them."
 motowncowgirl
Msg: 106
Posted: 5/29/2015 9:41:51 AM

Its really impossible for anybody to have a conversation with you without your insulting them or saying something offensive.

haha, I see what you did there.

If you need any advise in modifying that nasty temperament of yours,

again with the ad hominems every time a woman disagrees with you. *yawn*
 eternalrealist2015
Msg: 107
Posted: 5/29/2015 9:43:21 AM
Dude! It was A JOKE. Not a plea for more advice.

My Dr thinks I'm amazing. I'm on zero scripts, my numbers are great. Only problem, I think he kinda wants to f*ck me, some of the things he said? Seemed less than 'professional medical advice'.
 clooneystutor
Msg: 108
Posted: 5/29/2015 10:43:47 AM

roaming the streets full of booze, swearing burping, farting, wolf whistling, mooning, shout out rude suggestions to men

GPS coordinates please?
 ohenryx
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Posted: 5/29/2015 10:58:25 AM

happybloke77
roaming the streets full of booze, swearing burping, farting, wolf whistling, mooning, shout out rude suggestions to men
Clooneystutor
GPS coordinates please?

Yes, please do share that location. I need to plan my next vacation!
 Oldmanhome
Msg: 110
Posted: 5/29/2015 11:02:53 AM
Happy, I am on my way out anyway, since MOTOWN is going to whine about me and rally her gang of misfits to jump all over me, so let me say this. The losers on this board will have you bounced if you talk about feminism. Somehow, being a feminist makes you a "dangerous" man rather than a man simply having certain opinions. This is not a board where you can say anything that offends the ruling women class here.
 Oldmanhome
Msg: 111
Posted: 5/29/2015 11:07:16 AM

My Dr thinks I'm amazing. I'm on zero scripts, my numbers are great. Only problem, I think he kinda wants to f*ck me, some of the things he said? Seemed less than 'professional medical advice'.

Of course he did Ms. Eternalist. He one of those "dangerous" men all of the victims have to worry about.
 newoldgirl
Msg: 112
Posted: 5/29/2015 11:37:37 AM

There are a number of women who moved on and only years later realized that guy who they dated in adolescence, who they left behind, was their only true and great love of their lives.

I am curious what number of women who have reported this and to whom? Is there some sort of data you can show us? I know both men and women sometimes have "the one that got away" but I doubt the number is that huge.

When I run into an old boyfriend, or hear about one in conversation, my most common reaction is "Man, I can't believe I dated that guy!" The things that appealed in "adolescence" or young adulthood no longer interest me. Some folks are prone to wax nostalgic, and I suspect that they might be looking back on "good old days" that weren't as great as they remember. Those people should learn to appreciate the here and now.

This happens far more often than you might realize.

Yes, you said. How often, exactly? Have you conducted a scientific study?

Guys don't have this problem because guys don't end relationships with women simply because they are not "ambitious" enough or their "equals" however defined.

Maybe they don't, but they do end relationships for a variety of reasons ( some valid, other trifling). I would imagine that some of them would like a do-over.
 2ufo
Msg: 113
Posted: 5/29/2015 11:46:17 AM

Happy, I am on my way out anyway, since MOTOWN is going to whine about me and rally her gang of misfits to jump all over me, so let me say this. The losers on this board will have you bounced if you talk about feminism. Somehow, being a feminist makes you a "dangerous" man rather than a man simply having certain opinions. This is not a board where you can say anything that offends the ruling women class here.

Wow! Just posted on here from elsewhere and discover I'm in a gang! No initiation process or anything. Gosh! Do we get jackets or.... I know, I know.... Fitbits! (Pink, please, I'm a girly miss-fit).

I think oldmanhome (+numerous undetectable aliasses) has some weird psychological projection thing going on.

Since you're leaving..... bye, see ya soon... aloha ʻoe, aloha ʻoe... remember to bring back your neuroses... neurososes...psychological problems with women who have opinions.
 Oldmanhome
Msg: 114
Posted: 5/29/2015 11:53:14 AM

Wow! Just posted on here from elsewhere and discover I'm in a gang! No initiation process or anything. Gosh! Do we get jackets or.... I know, I know.... Fitbits! (Pink, please, I'm a girly miss-fit).

2ufo, I don't really remember you so I don't know if you are one of the psycho women here who see danger everywhere they look. But yes, there are a lot of damaged goods around these parts. A lot. But it is an open forum and misfits from around the world can post here and do post here, some ubiquitously, year after year. This is an undeniable truth. Sorry.
 MaleFeasance
Msg: 115
Posted: 5/29/2015 11:55:46 AM
Like my other female examples, I have been told I am intimidating by some men who I have been seeing and being intimate as well as ones who are not potential lovers.
-------------------
That's pretty strange. I can't imagine why any man would really care if you were rich or poor as long as you and he got along. Caring about those things seems like a woman thing, except backwards.
------------------
The woman who owns and flies her own airplane is also single.... Surprise, surprise?
-----------------
That would seem like a great opportunity to join the mile high club.

----------------
Have we women driven them to it?
----------------
No, they are just pvssies.
 rearguard*2
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Posted: 5/29/2015 11:58:16 AM

do post here, some ubiquitously, year after year

Well, since you joined only weeks ago, and are adamant that you are not all those other posters with similar style, how would you know who has posted here year after year?

You really don't do a very good job of creating fake profiles...
 Oldmanhome
Msg: 117
Posted: 5/29/2015 11:58:29 AM
Yes Newoldgirl. There are lots of studies. In addition to participating on message boards with women who hate men, have victim mentalities, and are misfits beyond a doubt, I spend a lot of time reading since I am in semi retirement. If you are interested in this phenomenon, I would suggest there are articles in Pscyhology today regarding the issue. I also spend lots of time reading science books and magazines and at times have argued issues about the Universe on other threads. Very enjoyable. But there is something about the victim, narcissistic mentality so common here that keeps drawing me back. But it is the contempt so many of you so clearly evidence for the opposite sex that I find fascinating. There are some women here who know me, and know that I can't believe the ignorance so often espoused here. But the truth is offensive to far too many of you, so living in your delusional bubbles is where you will have to stay.
 Oldmanhome
Msg: 118
Posted: 5/29/2015 12:01:48 PM
rearguard, you would have no idea who I have been here before. The role I will not play however is a female. That is something I could never fathom pulling off. But you will just have to suspect that any new posters in the future are me. You will never know for sure, and maybe I will completely change my writing style to throw you off. Stay tuned.
 2ufo
Msg: 119
Posted: 5/29/2015 12:27:41 PM

I don't really remember you so I don't know if you are one of the psycho women here who see danger everywhere they look. But yes, there are a lot of damaged goods around these parts. A lot. But it is an open forum and misfits from around the world can post here and do post here, some ubiquitously, year after year. This is an undeniable truth. Sorry

Don’t be sorry. Your ivory tower postings on psychology and sociology are occasionally entertaining and we do hope your little forays into real life are enjoyable. Really, though, you don’t have to be afraid even though you’re damaged. We don’t know you enough to hurt you.

There are lots of studies. In addition to participating on message boards with women who hate men, have victim mentalities, and are misfits beyond a doubt, I spend a lot of time reading since I am in semi retirement. If you are interested in this phenomenon, I would suggest there are articles in Pscyhology today regarding the issue. I also spend lots of time reading science books and magazines and at times have argued issues about the Universe on other threads. Very enjoyable.

Yes, it’s always enlightening to read and discover what people think is going on in the world. Because it’s usually not what’s going on in the world. It’s not the reading that’s the problem – it’s believing what you read and then reading only what you tend to believe.

But there is something about the victim, narcissistic mentality so common here that keeps drawing me back.

Perhaps like looking into a mirror? You seem very narcissistic in your posts – as though you are bearing a great truth. Yet, within several posts you blame a woman or say it’s all women’s fault.

But it is the contempt so many of you so clearly evidence for the opposite sex that I find fascinating. There are some women here who know me, and know that I can't believe the ignorance so often espoused here. But the truth is offensive to far too many of you, so living in your delusional bubbles is where you will have to stay.

You can’t seem to see that the ‘truth’ you espouse is either your opinion or something you have read somewhere (i.e. someone else’s opinion). It is your contempt for women and your denigration of their experiences – as if you know better because you read it somewhere.

"The soul that he got from God he has bartered clean away.
"We have threshed a stook of print and book, and winnowed a chattering wind,
"And many a soul wherefrom he stole, but his own we cannot find.
"We have handled him, we have dandled him, we have seared him to the bone,
"And, Sire, if tooth and nail show truth he has no soul of his own."
R. Kipling (Tomlinson)
 Oldmanhome
Msg: 120
Posted: 5/29/2015 12:39:10 PM
I don't have to worry about you because I don't travel in your circles. I do occasionally do my best to help the mentally ill, pro-bono,but there is only so much to be done. So I focus on helping their children, who in the end are the real victims. The men attached to the women all to common on this sight can take care of themselves. It usually means divorce, but the object is to get away from these women no matter what the cost. Life is too short. Life is to be enjoyed. There is nothing that can destroy a life as much as being married to a misfit, a woman with a rotten disposition and a victim's mentality. I don't know where you people come from (if you are one of them). I don't know if your fathers beat you, your boyfriends dumped you, what the source of your rage is. But it is there for any who care to see it. Plain as day.

As for what is my opinion, the problem is that I can't express an opinion here because the psycho women jump all over them. I can't even give good faith advice about losing weight to a woman who is baitching about how she is treated by guys because of that very weight I suggested she lose with advice on how to do so. The psychos get too upset. . . how dare I.

I don't know what is out there for single guys. I can't remember the last time I had a date it was so long ago, and because I have been married for so very long. But if this board is representative of what is available among single women, I would find this to be very, very distressing. Now I am sure there are some great women out there, just like I am sure there are some great women on this board. But geeze getting to them through you psychos . . . . it is an effort I don't know if I would care to make.
 chameleonf
Msg: 121
Posted: 5/29/2015 1:05:31 PM

they have taken jobs away from men and are competing on a day to day basis with men instead of being supportive of men. HOw do women possibly keep their femininity when they are now behaving like men?

This must be at the crux of his rants...that "some" women are making more money than him and his ilk and he perceives they are taking "men's" jobs away. Some of these types of men never stop to consider that the best person for the job is filling it and because it isn't a man it's like itching powder in the shorts of these type of guys.

From the teenage years young girls Laddettes are roaming the streets full of booze, swearing burping, farting, wolf whistling, mooning, shout out rude suggestions to men and it's simply disgusting in every way, but not only that they are wearing next to nothing, so it underlines the decline of modern society beginning at a very young age.

I see, it is being stated that young teenaged "Laddette" girls are growing into women who continue to do these sort of things. When boys do exactly the same thing, they're considered to grow into fine upstanding men? Maybe it's just locational. I don't see that sort of thing here - only on a very rare occasion - which is either a case of poor parenting but more probably peer pressure, not some feminist movement that causes adolescent girls to emulate adolescent boys, who then move on to become masculine women (ffs!).

What makes women attractive is femininity, vulnerability, kindness, politeness, good manners, approach ability, attentiveness, unconfrontational, understanding, caring, happy, unsuperficial, warmhearted and willing to put a man first.

Being kind, polite, with good manners, approachable, attentive, unconfrontational, understanding, caring, happy, not superficial, warm-hearted are qualities that are attractive in both males and females - not strictly female traits. But to be vulnerable? Why on earth should ANYone deliberately want to be helpless, defenseless, powerless, impotent, weak or susceptible in order to be found attractive? As far as putting a man first - I have trouble with this one as well. Ahead of what? I'm sure by the poster it must mean a feminine woman should always take a back seat to a man. It's obvious by his rants that she should have no opinions that differ or she is then termed a feminatzi. If a woman wants to put a man first, and a man wants to puts a woman first, doesn't that average out to equality?...which is something that the poster being quoted seems to be upset with. He wants women to take a back seat to men, which I find entirely unmasculine. The more a man believes in equality, the more confident and strong I believe he is. It's only those who are fearful and weak who have problems with feeling helpless when then cannot dominate and control others.

The problem is that they are brought up in a competitive environment where they are pushed to compete with males and the ones bought up by single moms get the full blow rant about how bad men are and the cycle repeats itself from generation to generation, until one day women all become lesbians that hate men, but that is exactly what the extreme feminists want as they are carpet munchers anyway and hate men with a passion.

How classy, but regardless... The western world is a competitive environment. Women aren't pushed to compete with men - it's a case of they are now allowed to. That some men feel they are shoved out of the way because they may lack abilities is no fault of the women who have filled a position those complainers have been unable to. Men competing with men apparently isn't a problem - why is it a problem when a woman enters the fray and comes out on top? Because it's seen as a double blow to the man who doesn't have the ability and needs to find someone or something else other than himself for his shortfalls?

Wake up people before it's too late and push for change in modern society.

I'll say!! Apparently there are still a few with Neanderthal thinking in our midst - we don't want them gathering steam and attempting to turn the clock back to a time when women weren't thought to have the mental acuity to vote.
 newoldgirl
Msg: 122
Posted: 5/29/2015 1:07:06 PM

addition to participating on message boards with women who hate men, have victim mentalities, and are misfits beyond a doubt

"All the world's indeed a stage/and we are merely players/ performers and portrayers/each another's audience/outside the gilded cage"
G. Lee

I like the fora , too! It's like people watching, but better, right?

If you are interested in this phenomenon, I would suggest there are articles in Pscyhology today regarding the issue.

It wasn't so much the phenomenon that interests me. In fact, I never gave it any thought. No, no, Messuier, it was your very authoritative proclamation that "a number" of women live with this particular regret, and that it happens "more than you might think." THAT was the interesting part. Your words suggested that you might have actual information about this issue. Instead of suggesting the articles, might you be a sweetheart, and post the links? Gosh, I wouldn't really know where to start, and you have such a lovely way of always offering to help! Being retired, as you say, does give you a little bit of extra time, and I sure would appreciate having the links. You have piqued my curiosity on the subject!

Oh, and you said there are "lots of studies", too. Any titles, or authors you can pass on? I didn't know so much was written about women who dumped men for not having enough ambition, but then later realized those very men were the loves of their lives. That would be heartbreaking, wouldn't it? I must confess I did end a relationship with a young man who was a bit of a layabout, but he has a job now. At least, the last time I saw him he was working in my local movie theatre. I still didn't feel any twinges of regret, but I am not very nostalgic about my youth.

Now, promise me you won't go disappearing on me now without sharing those links! I know I can't be the only one who wants to read this stuff...

I also spend lots of time reading science books and magazines and at times have argued issues about the Universe on other threads. Very enjoyable.

Oh, you have? That's wonderful. Can you please share more about that?
 Oldmanhome
Msg: 123
Posted: 5/29/2015 1:19:15 PM
Yes I could give you names, cites, places to search for the information yourself. However, its too late. You have me convinced beyond any possible doubt you are another psycho woman here railing against a guy who has the audacity to give opinions, facts or information which upset you. And why is that? Are you a victim of your own victim mentality? We know you are single. We know you are very opinionated. We know you are on the nasty side . . . not quite as far gone as Madam Motown . . but nasty enough. Did you chase away the love of your life in the past? Did he tell you he could no longer endure living with you, being with you, dealing with you? Do you hug your pillow at night pretending it is him? Do you think of him every day of your life? Every hour? Every minute? Why so much anger Ms. newoldgirl. I am simply an anonymous message board poster . . . and yet you seem really upset with me. Better get what you can off your chest while I am still here. The misfits and losers are gunning for me as I post this. Its now only a matter of time, probably a very short time.
 chameleonf
Msg: 124
Posted: 5/29/2015 1:26:57 PM

Better get what you can off your chest while I am still here. The misfits and losers are gunning for me as I post this. Its now only a matter of time, probably a very short time.

Oh get over yourself. You're not important or outrageous enough for people to actively gun for getting you dumped from here. Stop wasting all that effort by deleting yourself and making like you're some boogey man that people vote to get rid of. The time could be better spent keeping the same nic - you make yourself look more foolish with each new one you create anyway.
 Oldmanhome
Msg: 125
Posted: 5/29/2015 1:29:23 PM
Madam, you are surprisingly clueless if you are not aware of what goes on on these boards. I have self deleted in the past as I got tired, and might come back to self delete again. I have not self deleted this year. Not once. There are a pack of she wolves who are responsible for the demise of many here. Nasty, vindictive, mean spirited women who are in control. I thought you were one of them. I still do. I don't believe your protestation of innocence.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Are 21st century, western women intimidating?