Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Are 21st century, western women intimidating?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 browneyesboo
Msg: 1522
Are 21st century, western women intimidating? Page 63 of 66    (26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66)
Wonder when they'll add the question do you rent or own or
live with mom?
And do you wear crocs...that should be on the list as well.
hahahahaha!
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 1523
view profile
History
Are 21st century, western women intimidating?
Posted: 8/26/2015 11:15:50 AM
^^^The living at home question will come sooner than expected with the way things are going.
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 1524
Posted: 8/26/2015 11:30:09 AM

motowncowgirl :
Great photo of you in front of the Trump Tower, btw. very timely.

I was in Central Park last Sunday, and took the picture in front of the Trump Tower just for sh*ts and giggles

adventurejoe70 :
Well actually I agree with the forum armchair experts on that. Remember you came from Brooklyn which is IN the most walk able city in the country and has I think the only 24/7 mass transit system in the world(London is suppose to be adding service I think)

Philly is also similar in many respects. But even in Brooklyn having NO care makes dating harder. Sure if you live in the gentrified areas near the bridges it isn't so bad.

But what about Mill Basin, Marine park, Bergen Beach, and Southern Brooklyn(the safest residential) areas. I am from Southern Brooklyn, 50 feet from a subway stop, but at night it takes over 45 minutes to get to midtown. A car ride can get you there in 15-20 minutes. Go to the Bronx in a car will take 45 minutes and take double on the subway.

The city is mostly young people, if we were to date age appropriate GALS, often they will be in the suburbs. Imagine driving from Brooklyn to Jersey city compared to taking public transport?

In San Diego when I stayed there I felt like a prisoner at home without a car!

When it comes to dating, having no car is a non-issue, at least in my experience. Since I was a teenager my life has evolved around motorcycles, so I’ve always had wheels. Besides, it all depends in where you live. I know that in some areas, it's not possible to get by without a car, as everything is miles away.

I’ve been in many relationships, including twice married without a car. I can count in one hand the number of cars I’ve owned. In fact, I was almost 40 years old when bought my first car because I moved to rural Pennsylvania, and having a car was a job requirement.

Not owning a car has not deterred me from dating, as my current relationship can attest.
 22susie22
Msg: 1525
Posted: 8/26/2015 7:42:27 PM

If this were really true, then everyone should search for a mate in Canada, since they have the "best people" in the world.

Not everyone can be lucky enough to live in Canada :)

Also don’t forget to mention that according to the forum armchair experts, to be successful online dating we also have to own a car.

I dunno about the car, but I wouldn't date someone who couldn't drive. It would be a nuisance to be the partner doing all the shopping and errands, and driving when we go places together.
 ClooneysMentor
Msg: 1526
Posted: 8/26/2015 7:43:40 PM

Wonder when they'll add the question do you rent or own

No, not this!

I'll have to lie and say I own a condo.

If they add this question, they should also add the question...

Are you receiving Alimony or Palimony?
 rearguard*2
Msg: 1527
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2015 7:40:42 AM
No point in worrying about the questions they add. Just reply with anything you feel will improve your chances.

Not only do I wear Crocs, I wear cheap imitations of Crocs.

Probably the reason my sex life is suffering...
 motowncowgirl
Msg: 1528
Posted: 8/27/2015 8:00:18 AM
^^ the nails go right through the cheap imitations, don't they? like butter.
i don't care! i'm not paying $32 for plastic shoes.

"do you own a house". yes!
"does it have wheels". not any more. >_<
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 1529
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2015 8:50:43 AM

Since I was a teenager my life has evolved around motorcycles, so I’ve always had wheels.

When I said cars I meant motorized transport. A motorcycle is just like a car IMO, just more dangerous!(we nickname you guys organ donors)

I stopped riding after I lived in Europe and slid when crossing a tram track. Broke my big right toe!
 Maleman999
Msg: 1530
Posted: 8/27/2015 9:44:43 AM

When I said cars I meant motorized transport.

If somebody rides a Segway (think of Mall Cop), does that count as a motorized vehicle?
 Ladyinred4755
Msg: 1531
Posted: 8/27/2015 10:39:56 AM
I do believe "motorized transport" includes riding lawn mowers and farm tractors?
ETA, oops forgot, golf carts.
 Maleman999
Msg: 1532
Posted: 8/27/2015 11:19:54 AM
^^^I recall driving through retirement communities where golf carts were the main form of transportation.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 1533
Posted: 8/27/2015 11:26:54 AM
Motown LOL. A friend posted " wedding Crocs" on my page - I was like huh????
It is the buckle that haunts me. Like Birkenstocks with socks. Only Birkin I want is a Black one from Hermes.
Prolly if I had BS I would realize most comfy shoes ever and would sleep with them on... no, I would rather lose a toe. Not mine of course
 browneyesboo
Msg: 1534
Posted: 8/27/2015 11:55:31 AM
My granddaughter was with her mom dropping off some clothes and toys
at the second hand store and she saw some purple crocs and fell in love with
them. My daughter bought them...and when I saw them on her I took a picture
of her wearing them...sent it to my other daughter in texas and said THIS is what
happens when you move away from us....hahahahaha!
She wears those crocs everywhere...the good news is her feet grow fast.
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 1535
Posted: 8/27/2015 12:06:48 PM

If somebody rides a Segway (think of Mall Cop), does that count as a motorized vehicle?

I am picking up my girlfriend to take her to the movies on a Segway tomorrow night.
 Ladyinred4755
Msg: 1536
Posted: 8/27/2015 12:23:18 PM
^ ^ ^ ^ You can do that? I mean, you can get 2 people on one?
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 1537
Posted: 8/27/2015 12:34:37 PM
I don't think so, I was just kidding. Maybe I can add a sidecar to it.
 rennips1949
Msg: 1538
Posted: 8/28/2015 10:16:15 AM
A Segue with a sidecar. I believe I'd buy a ticket to see that.
I think the whole "motorized transport" issue has a lot to do with where one lives. Around here a car is nearly a necessity just to live,unless you have family or room-mates that have transportation and a willingness to cart you around.
There are no taxis, buses, subways, Ls, Uber.
I've often noticed that older people who lose their vehicle or
their drivers' license, quite often the ext step is they are in some kind of assisted living or care facility.

As for dating, I suppose that whether you need a car( some form of motorized transport) depends on whether you live in an urban area where public transit is readily available.
But for the many people who reside in smaller cities, suburbs, villages or rurally, a car is pretty important just to live your life with a degree of independence.
 JujuO12
Msg: 1539
Posted: 9/4/2015 7:12:37 AM

Have we destroyed the traditional, male / female dynamic that has existed in the past?

Does the man have to earn more money?
Be taller?
Be able to slay the woolly mammoth?

The traditional relationships of the past the male was always expected to provide for the woman. He was always expected to earn more money. He was always suppose to be taller and he was always suppose to slay something. The problem is men now think they are NOT suppose to do that any more. The equal rights thing. They expect the woman to be totally financially independent. She is also still expect to be very attractive. She also expected to be very educated but not so much as to make him feel dump. She is also expected still desired to cook, clean and please her man. ALL men are willing to give in return for this is the fact he is male. Nothing more.
 ClooneysMentor
Msg: 1540
Posted: 9/4/2015 7:17:36 AM
Yep, some men are being more fussy now :)

Go figure...

She is also still expect to be very attractive.

Wait, are you saying women are bedding unattractive, financially independent men?

Sounds unique to the Venus side of the fence, eh?

Equality can be a downer for some.

dragonbytes
Msg: 1541
Posted: 9/4/2015 7:19:54 AM

The equal rights thing. They expect the woman to be totally financially independent. She is also still expect to be very attractive. She also expected to be very educated but not so much as to make him feel dump. She is also expected still desired to cook, clean and please her man. ALL men are willing to give in return for this is the fact he is male. Nothing more.

Sounds fair to me!
 02saltydog
Msg: 1542
Posted: 9/4/2015 7:26:23 AM
It's funny how that worked. Women wanted equality and got what they wanted in the workplaces, control of their finances, their birth control, their choices, etc. and now they aren't all that happy about it? I'm a little disturbed about the attitude of "ALL men are willing to give in return for this is the fact that he is male." I don't know a single male who did not provide for his family. None.
 JoeBnD
Msg: 1543
Posted: 9/4/2015 7:44:51 AM
Shhhhhh. You might wake her up.
 moderateazzk
Msg: 1544
Posted: 9/4/2015 8:38:43 AM
No, 21st Century women are not intimidating. Look how easily I manipulate them into doing my bidding. They are sheep . . .easily led to the slaughter.
 ClooneysMentor
Msg: 1545
Posted: 9/4/2015 8:41:03 AM
WiccanDefecator...meet...WoolCollector
 rearguard*2
Msg: 1546
view profile
History
Posted: 9/4/2015 8:49:08 AM

ALL men are willing to give in return for this is the fact he is male. Nothing more.{/quote]

What an amazingly cynical and naive view of men and women. Indeed, men are attracted to the women they find attractive. I would presume that women are attracted to men that they find attractive. The man plus woman thing is a mutual support system. Relationships fail when the situation becomes something else other than mutual support.

There are all kinds of men and women out there. Lots of each cook, clean, take care of the kids, work to support the family and try to be appealing to their partners.

Indeed, I never really got the idea that I should support a woman per se. The ones I have had relationships with were all well educated and well paid, financially and socially independent, and generally quite attractive to me. Why should the relationship be anything but one of mutual support? Far as I can tell, my parents were in the same situation, in spite of the myths that abound that give rise to the kind of comments seen above.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Are 21st century, western women intimidating?