Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Are 21st century, western women intimidating?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 rearguard*2
Msg: 1546
view profile
History
Are 21st century, western women intimidating? Page 66 of 66    (26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66)

ALL men are willing to give in return for this is the fact he is male. Nothing more.{/quote]

What an amazingly cynical and naive view of men and women. Indeed, men are attracted to the women they find attractive. I would presume that women are attracted to men that they find attractive. The man plus woman thing is a mutual support system. Relationships fail when the situation becomes something else other than mutual support.

There are all kinds of men and women out there. Lots of each cook, clean, take care of the kids, work to support the family and try to be appealing to their partners.

Indeed, I never really got the idea that I should support a woman per se. The ones I have had relationships with were all well educated and well paid, financially and socially independent, and generally quite attractive to me. Why should the relationship be anything but one of mutual support? Far as I can tell, my parents were in the same situation, in spite of the myths that abound that give rise to the kind of comments seen above.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Are 21st century, western women intimidating?