Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > If you personally owned POF what would you change about it?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 J3LV3HL_WV3JP
Msg: 76
If you personally owned POF what would you change about it?Page 4 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)

But why not have the Meet-Me/HorNot/Tinder requirement of mutual Yes to even write them?

Working on a site that has this as an opt-in. You can either require it or not. It will definitely cut down on the mass hit-n-run requests for sex that women get.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 77
view profile
History
If you personally owned POF what would you change about it?
Posted: 6/17/2015 9:39:33 AM
Search by languages.
 sigungq
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 6/18/2015 7:25:32 PM
I have it......... Everytime a woman or man ignores or deletes a message withut replying, they must pay $1.00 to the person they ignored.

I'd a billionaire, right up there with Bill (what's his name)......... ;-)
 south_city
Msg: 79
Posted: 6/18/2015 8:27:33 PM

That isn't necessary. A no response is a response.

That's subjective. I'm not saying people would have to use the "No thanks" button. It would simply give people another option.

If that was an option, a lot of people would then demand a "Why not? I want an explanation of why you aren't interested" button, along with the "Go fvck yourself then. You're fat and ugly anyways" button.

In that case, you can simply unread / delete any subsequent emails from that person or block them if they can't take no for an answer.
 Bachelorette.Number1
Msg: 80
Posted: 6/19/2015 9:50:55 PM
I'd make it so you could secretly select up to 100 people who, if they messaged you, were the only ones whose messages would come through. Wouldn't you be like, Yay!
Because I'm tired of santa claus bothering me. And his little friends too. It's depressing when you've been through 87 elves and yet you know there's 12,634 more out there and they just won't leave you alone.
 J3LV3HL_WV3JP
Msg: 81
Posted: 6/20/2015 7:11:11 AM

I'd make it so you could secretly select up to 100 people who, if they messaged you, were the only ones whose messages would come through.

This goes back to norweigianguy's suggestion of requiring a mutual yes/no in order to communicate.
 AlphaCuck
Msg: 82
Posted: 7/26/2015 9:47:13 AM
I'd make a profile banner that indicates they have been vetted at least as far as their pictures being current.
 Seki1949
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 7/26/2015 10:03:11 AM
For some of the older profiles here, some percent of them are dead. POF should auto-delete (after two warning emails) profiles that haven't been accessed for more than two years. This won't happen for the obvious need to keep head count sky-high for advertising purpose.

Old profiles = Chinese 'ghost soldiers'
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 84
Posted: 7/29/2015 1:39:26 PM

After getting my 575mil....my address.
 SLAFFA
Msg: 85
Posted: 7/29/2015 2:26:25 PM
Because I have talked to and/or met quite a # of Forum "regulars" over the years... Some local and I've met a couple over 5 states away...

This IS a Free site for most. It should not be too high a "price" to pay for every single member to answer one question a week - any question at all of their choosing from any Forum. Or, they could answer 4 at one sitting. Every month. Must be at least a fifty word response. No cheating with a simple yes or no answer followed by a string of Xs. Non compliance means your "account" is charged 10 bucks OR your account is dismissed. It's the member's CHOICE.

Even someone with the most rudimentary typing skills should be able to knock out 4 questions in an hour. I'll bet many could do it in 10 or 15 minutes.
 Maleman999
Msg: 86
Posted: 7/29/2015 2:30:50 PM
^^^Do I get browny points if I bring the teacher an apple?
 Peas_
Msg: 87
Posted: 7/29/2015 4:23:35 PM
I'd give all the team members in the Vancouver office nekkid twister game, and a pair of sunglasses.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 7/29/2015 9:08:20 PM

Those 'dead' profiles add to the claimed number of users. You'd be reducing the value of the ads you sell. That's what makes the money for POF.

That's not going to affect ads -- it's going to be visitor traffic that does. The "We have X # of users!" line is why -- to claim how many members they have to bring in people. Obviously when you're this huge, you don't need that so much, but if Match and OKC and going to count ever-had-an-account, you have to, too for marketing reasons. They'd want someone to come back 3 years later logging in and still having their profile there after their BF/GF cheated on them with the bartender. :)

With that said, it shouldn't be a big deal for people. I mean, when doing a search on the site, you go by when-last-on, and should stop leafing thru them if it's been 30+ days since they logged on, if not marked as over a week.

Personally, I would make the site not like a college project that's been pieced together. And I would highlight users visually in searches and when clicking on the profile to note that they're in a sort of MIA mode... I'd also on the profile mark if there was ever any correspondence (and when) -- as well as the date they last logged in. I'd make the forums a little better too of course.

Oh, and if I owned POF, I'd make all the hot girls' messages to guys in whatever area I'm in NOT go through (even though they would think that)... and not let any decent looking guys' messages go thru to them... all while auto-bot/fake profiles would send out bad messages from time to time to said hot girls -- therefore if I wrote them, mine would be great in comparison! ;)
 Peas_
Msg: 89
Posted: 7/29/2015 9:37:46 PM
errr, yes it does affect and effect ads. PayPerClick. The visitors click on the fakes and the ads are loaded into the page.

Additionally Dustin has been involved in mobile, directory and entertainment ventures. Dustin, one of the early adopters of Google's PPC system,

http://www.zoominfo.com/p/Dustin-Weirich/1402977674
http://www.datehookup.com/AboutUs.aspx
 TuMuchFun
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 7/29/2015 11:05:32 PM
Any photos with a POF logo would be deleted
 sealady111
Msg: 91
Posted: 7/29/2015 11:27:26 PM
CC wrote...

After getting my 575mil....my address.

^^^ My private Swiss bank details so the $575million can be deposited.

Employ staff to do all the work and use my money to live the life of luxury and pay lots of gorgeous young men to do my bidding.
 Moderate_Recall
Msg: 92
Posted: 7/30/2015 10:29:21 AM
^^^ 5, 0, 2, -1. A good start...
 ohenryx
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2015 10:34:08 AM

norwegianguy456
I'd also on the profile mark if there was ever any correspondence (and when) -- as well as the date they last logged in.

All of this is available to upgraded members. The main reason I pay for an upgraded membership.

On every profile, I see the date/time they last logged in. I see if I ever contacted them, if they ever contacted me, and if they ever viewed my profile, and if so, the date.

I do not see the dates of any correspondence, but usually you can infer when you emailed someone by the date that they looked at your profile (and went “Ehhh” and deleted your message).
 CharminC
Msg: 94
Posted: 7/30/2015 10:42:46 AM
I'd charge everybody

Give me your money...................................now

*holds out hand,.......with an ever so pleasant smile*
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2015 11:00:42 AM

errr, yes it does affect and effect ads. PayPerClick. The visitors click on the fakes and the ads are loaded into the page.

I'm talking about people who haven't logged in over a year ("dead"). I guess if one was looking up a very specific type of person some of those would come up (small search results), or living out in the country where there's not many people within a small radius. So yeah, I guess it could only help, although not by much, as the person of the dead profile isn't logging in to click on anything, and will be deeply buried in the (non-username) searches that one will hardly ever see. But yeah, POF probably figures, what's the harm in a few extra bucks if we make no-longer-used profiles linger there that the user didn't request to delete?
 Peas_
Msg: 96
Posted: 7/30/2015 11:07:45 AM
^^^Yup. Dead profiles too. Most fake profiles go to being dead.

Would not be difficult to delete profiles that have not logged in over a certain amount of time. That's what database queries do. Really quite simple.

Course then that would make me not so rich anymore then, wouldn't it?
 JoeBnD
Msg: 97
Posted: 7/30/2015 11:02:50 PM
Get rid of the "not enough matches" result - if there is just one, show it. When I try to keep it within 35 miles, "not enough matches" and it defaults to a 200 mile (or similar) radius. No way I am driving 4 hours (each direction) to pay for some gal's meal.
 rcp83
Msg: 98
Posted: 8/1/2015 7:11:56 PM
No more premature blocking
Zero tolerance of fake profile with misleading information about yourself
Make photos mandatory, not optional
 OpalescentCloud
Msg: 99
Posted: 8/2/2015 12:50:24 AM
This may have already been mentioned, so sorry if it's a repeat.

I would MODERATE the site. NO profiles going live until someone with a pulse has looked at them for content.

No changing photos everyday- again MODERATION for every change made.

I would quickly delete profiles where members are selling handbags, wigs or services.

I have reported two profiles this week as the profile owners were selling stuff.

They are still online as I write this.
 OpalescentCloud
Msg: 100
Posted: 8/2/2015 1:05:25 AM

1- I Would prohibit photos with children in the profile.!!

^^THIS^^
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > If you personally owned POF what would you change about it?