Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Would any guys here date a girl physically stronger than them? (and v      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sealady111
Msg: 26
Would any guys here date a girl physically stronger than them? (and vice versa)Page 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I have dated men where I was physically stronger.
And my exhusband had a back injury for quite some time so I had to do all the 'male' stuff.

In my opinion it does make things difficult.
Even for something as simple as he cannot open a jar then I can.

The male ego is fragile.
 Eternitygracesme
Msg: 27
Would any guys here date a girl physically stronger than them? (and vice versa)
Posted: 6/4/2015 3:08:59 AM
Physically weaker? In what sense?
 ThePig0fYourDreams
Msg: 28
Posted: 6/4/2015 4:26:01 AM
It's hard to imagine very many of these women exist for me, considering I'm 200 pounds and have adhered to a fairly steady workout regimen most of my adult life. But if I found her attractive, I'd have no problem with it. It could be fun.
 clooneystutor
Msg: 29
Posted: 6/4/2015 5:19:51 AM
Odd are, if she ways more then 230, she must be from Clitheroe.

That's a big NO for this camper...
 MaleFeasance
Msg: 30
Posted: 6/4/2015 9:20:55 AM
I suppose it depends on what she looked like, but I think the women who would be stronger than I am are few and far between (never met one) and those that would be attractive, even fewer and further between. However, wrestling naked with a an attractive woman who was evenly matched would be hot.

------------------------
------------------------
"Physical," as used here, refers to the human body. "Weaker" refers to a lesser relative ability to exert a force. So, "physically weaker" would suggest a person whose ability to exert a force is less than another person who serves as the reference.
 gtomustang
Msg: 31
Posted: 6/4/2015 9:27:02 AM
well, I can see how it would be a no for most campers--apparently, it was hard to pitch a tent. I guess the need to perform weighed heavily.

if she was willing to be my exercise partner, then it could be inspiring (like a dieting partner), and wouldn't that be a win-win?

The problem would be if she was taking steroids to be that way. I'd rather not date someone with more hair on their bawls than I do.

:)
 Blackwood85
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2015 2:03:10 PM

The female MMA fighter Rhonda Rousey is totally hot and a bad ass!!!!!

Rhonda Rousey would whip my ass in a fight and I would totally date her and I have about 3 inches on her and I outweigh her by about 80 pounds and I'm trained to fight and I'm still not confident I would win.

The same with "The Karate Hottie" Michelle Waterson and Paige VanZant, I would still try to disappoint both those chicks sexually if I had the chance.
 sigungq
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2015 2:55:20 PM

eternitygracesme wrote:

Most likely in the sense that you could consistently out-wrestle him.

And yes, I would totally let Ronda Rousey have her way with me.
 south_city
Msg: 34
Posted: 6/5/2015 6:59:38 PM

The female MMA fighter Rhonda Rousey is totally hot and a bad ass!!!!!

I wouldn't date her because I don't find her to be that attractive. I know there are plenty of men that think she is hot. But I'm not one of them.
 Coma_White
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 6/6/2015 1:31:42 PM

Rhonda Rousey would whip my ass in a fight and I would totally date her and I have about 3 inches on her and I outweigh her by about 80 pounds and I'm trained to fight and I'm still not confident I would win.

The same with "The Karate Hottie" Michelle Waterson and Paige VanZant, I would still try to disappoint both those chicks sexually if I had the chance.

They are great athletes. I would be happy with someone I could train with a bit. Heck, most of my friends won't even come to the gym. I only have the 4 guys at my Karate club with spar with. My favourite new female fighter in the UFC is that Joanna from Poland that won the belt.
 Eternitygracesme
Msg: 36
 antirepublican
Msg: 37
Posted: 6/6/2015 2:20:26 PM
The answer to the OP is SURE. There are men here who would mortgage their house to take a female mountain gorilla to Sardi's so long as they get to call it a date with a female. Bottom feeders aside, there are plenty of men who won't. It comes down to whether she, like most other women, set themselves up as adversaries. It isn't always a matter of physical intimidation. Women who have strong bodies also tend to have strong minds. A guy will usually notice if a woman breaks his arm but he may not notice that she has manipulated the social infrastructure against him to endanger his job or have him jailed for saying that he didn't like her hair style last year.
 Blackwood85
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 6/6/2015 3:20:57 PM

They are great athletes. I would be happy with someone I could train with a bit. Heck, most of my friends won't even come to the gym. I only have the 4 guys at my Karate club with spar with. My favourite new female fighter in the UFC is that Joanna from Poland that won the belt

Joanna Jedrzejczyk the UFC Straweight champion, yea I'm a fan of hers she's pretty badass has an awesome stand up game and totally dominated Carla Esparza which I don't think the UFC was expecting to happen. I'm interested in seeing if she continues to dominate how much they'll market her, I wouldn't be surprised if they Vanzant the winner of Joanna/Penne even if Vanzant isn't ready.

With that being said those chicks are still pretty small, the Strawweight division is only 115 lbs. Those girls are only 5'4" and 5'5" while Rousey is awesome she's not huge, she's 5'7" and fights at 135 (though she probably walks around at 155) so while they may be great athletes and badasses they don't look like they could kick my ass.
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 39
Posted: 6/6/2015 3:26:06 PM
Sorry to interrupt. Anti Republican: What's a "bottom feeder"?
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 40
Posted: 6/6/2015 3:29:51 PM

Women who have strong bodies also tend to have strong minds. A guy will usually notice if a woman breaks his arm but he may not notice that she has manipulated the social infrastructure against him to endanger his job or have him jailed for saying that he didn't like her hair style last year.

Or maybe he found her Facebook page and realized that is EXACTLY what she did to the last guy who "didn't work out".

Strong wills make for even stronger drama sometimes. Being cool and confident sometimes loses the 'cool' side. Being the 'Alpha' doesn't mean it's your way or the highway all day, every day - because given only those two options, any person that desires a mutual, respectful relationship still has the right to say 'No' - and do. Respect still needs to be given to the 'Betas' as well. This is true for both genders.
 south_city
Msg: 41
Posted: 6/7/2015 7:17:21 AM

With that being said those chicks are still pretty small, the Strawweight division is only 115 lbs. Those girls are only 5'4" and 5'5" while Rousey is awesome she's not huge, she's 5'7" and fights at 135 (though she probably walks around at 155) so while they may be great athletes and badasses they don't look like they could kick my ass.

The women that might weigh more than me are probably one of the following.

A. Obese.
B. Heavyweight hardcore bodybuilders
C. Extremely tall women. Perhaps a Brittney Griner type with somewhat more bulk / muscle.

From these options, probably obese would be the most likely one.
 ThePig0fYourDreams
Msg: 42
Posted: 6/7/2015 10:54:38 AM

I don't know. There's a difference between a sanctioned MMA bout and a street fight. Early UFC's greatly resembled street fights, and things like belt rankings and training in multiple disciplines sometimes proved to mean nothing.

Rousey is an amazing talent, no question. However, let's face it, there's really not much competition for her. If the women's division were as stacked as the men's, she may have very well been defeated by now.

As for whether she's attractive or not, I'd take Mesha Tate or Cat Zingano over her.
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 6/9/2015 9:45:41 AM
I rather have a big guy come at me than an angry woman. You must be kidding.
 gtomustang
Msg: 44
Posted: 6/9/2015 1:20:35 PM
Ida know, I had an angry woman slap me once. didn't seem to be so bad :)
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 6/10/2015 3:06:38 AM
Slapped?

Thats foreplay.
 xlr8ingme
Msg: 46
Posted: 6/10/2015 3:34:21 AM
I certainly prefer an man to be stronger, as I find some muscle to be sexy :)
 kayla_58
Msg: 47
Posted: 6/10/2015 3:52:32 AM

Slapped?

Thats foreplay.

That costs extra.
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 48
Posted: 6/10/2015 12:39:29 PM
No thanks, I don't even find people who weigh less than I do attractive.
 AussieNancy
Msg: 49
Posted: 6/11/2015 6:30:58 PM
My son (now 30) used to date a girl who was a black belt in Karate. He was 17, she 16. The day before his final year exams he was attacked by two fellow students. His girlfriend fought them off him. He thought it was great!! :)
 basilisk123
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2015 7:52:20 PM
Personally, yes I would.
If she could carry my 235 lb ass to the bed for some non stop snu snu, I could get used to it real quick lol.

But seriously though, it really isn't a deciding factor for me.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Would any guys here date a girl physically stronger than them? (and vice versa)