Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Would any guys here date a girl physically stronger than them? (and v      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 NJgirl116
Msg: 51
Would any guys here date a girl physically stronger than them? (and vice versa)Page 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I can't do a pull up, and push ups are a problem too. On a machine, if I push 20 lbs or more over my shoulders, my face expresses agony. So I don't think such a guy exists.
 basilisk123
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Would any guys here date a girl physically stronger than them? (and vice versa)
Posted: 6/12/2015 4:58:00 AM
^^^^You would be quite surprised, I run into a few from time to time in the nerd community
 CharminC
Msg: 53
Posted: 6/12/2015 7:49:18 AM

I can't do a pull up, and push ups are a problem too. On a machine, if I push 20 lbs or more over my shoulders, my face expresses agony. So I don't think such a guy exists.

Ya know?? *slurps coffee* I'm the same
Yet the funny thing is that when bump goes in the night my boys who are literally visually and physically (and even their father once upon a time though he's the strongest mofo that anyone meets and never wants to mess with) have stood behind me
and me... with just hands in a fist would go check out the noise.
You don't have to be strong to be tough.

personally... I'd like to be the one hiding behind someone for once *sigh, rolls eyes

^^^You would be quite surprised, I run into a few from time to time in the nerd community

There ya go, there's hope for you NJ! :P
 antirepublican
Msg: 54
Posted: 6/12/2015 12:45:06 PM
Maybe it is time that men demand macho ass kickers. Maybe not all of them but those who genuinely like such things. As of yet, I haven't heard of a single man who specifically states that he wants a woman that can make him feel safe. I know. Most of the men who say that it is hot say morbid obesity is hot, inoperable cancer is hot -- anything that a woman could possibly say or do is hot. Still, there are some men who are genuinely turned on by female combat readiness and genuinely need protection. They are ashamed to ask for protection from a woman but why should that have to be so? Time move past that crap because there are some men who have that as a legitimate need and desire.
 sigungq
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 6/12/2015 5:07:34 PM

peppermint_petunias wrote:

Slapped?

Thats foreplay.

Yup, and a killer roundhouse is foreplay for Klingons...........

BTW, I've know some women who I believed to be physically stronger than me. I would have absolutely no problem dating them, they're still women, and they're still human.
 FrankR1
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 11/18/2016 11:34:10 AM
Yes. No person on Earth is stronger than "every other person" in the world in every area. A champion arm wrestler can beat a world class weight lifter at arm wrestling. Most champion arm wrestlers can't even squat their bodyweight. The hardest hitting boxers and MMA fighters would get "owned" in the World's Strongest Man competition (including Brock Lesnar). Many Coney Island Strongmen who can bend horseshoes and tear phone books can't press their own bodyweight over their heads.
 gtomustang
Msg: 57
Posted: 11/18/2016 9:16:58 PM
alas, if we still had photos up of Charmie or NJ, new posters could see why no one cared if they were strong or weak :) But seriously, strength can be a relative thing. There are people with a quarterback build that could get their ass handed to them by Bruce Lee. Sorta like that line, "work smart, not hard." I've seen pro arm wrestlers win against bigger lumberjacks in Jackman, Maine just b/c the pro knew how to catch the guy with cannonball arms as soon as "go!" was yelled, and once they got his arm dipped, used their body language to get his arm the rest of the way down to the pad. Cheating? well, it won the game at that's what mattered. A well-prepped inline 6 engine can surprise a V8, a well designed small block V8 can shock some big blocks that are just slapped together. Muhammed Ali knew how to beat his opponents before he even stepped into the ring--he was inside their head before they both entered the room.

boom-bah-yee, indeed.

that all said, i'd date someone who's attractive to me. A musclebound woman might be, or she might not be. Her build would have more to do with my physical attraction than her strength.
 aintnodeal
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 11/19/2016 3:14:18 PM
Is she DTF? = YES.
Is she DTF? = YES.
Is she DTF? = YES.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 11/19/2016 6:54:21 PM
No sorry, I wouldnt really be attracted to a guy weaker than I. Nor shorter and thinner. If you like to be dominated by a woman, then fine but most guys would not find that attractive in a woman, I dont think, unless he likes to be dominated and probably had a dominating mother... Horses for courses.
 hemingway234
Msg: 60
Posted: 11/21/2016 8:56:03 AM
I've dated plenty of women that could kick my butt.... including a pro golfer, pro boxer, black belt in karate, ex military, and an Olympic runner tryout.
 Rebelcool
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 2/1/2018 12:10:41 PM
I am way late on this and I am a fairly strong guy (no powerhouse or anything) but yes I would. In the grand scheme of things what does it matter who is stronger or taller for that matter? I personally find it a little bit superficial (which people are entitled to I guess). I just think relationships are hard enough as it is. If the worst thing about your relationship is that the woman is stronger, than you don't have any real problems.
 Don56789
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 2/1/2018 11:57:22 PM
Absolutely, I find it amusing that some guys are bothered by this.

As long as she wants to be with me, what's the problem?
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 63
Posted: 2/2/2018 3:20:26 AM

alas, if we still had photos up of Charmie or NJ

Ah, Charmin. So hot. Too bad her return was so short lived.

Would I date a woman physically stronger than I am? Well, honestly, I'd venture to say not many of them exist, but I wouldn't have an objection to it if I were actually attracted to her. Would I date a woman with my build?? Hell no.
 gtomustang
Msg: 64
Posted: 2/2/2018 6:06:31 AM
"I personally find it a little bit superficial (which people are entitled to I guess). I just think relationships are hard enough as it is. If the worst thing about your relationship is that the woman is stronger, than you don't have any real problems."

>>>its probably striking the same chord as, "she makes more money than I do". I will say, i'm a lover of large cleavage, and some powerlifting females lack in that arena for obvious reasons. There was a commuter student back in my college days who was a female gym rat who showed some interest in me, but other than performing the Heimlich on her when she choked on dry tuna, I wasn't interested in driving out to her city to see if I could get a chance to touch her.
 south_city
Msg: 65
Posted: 2/2/2018 7:14:49 AM

Absolutely, I find it amusing that some guys are bothered by this.

As long as she wants to be with me, what's the problem?

It wouldn't bother me if I was actually attracted to them. However I'm not physically attracted to overly muscular women. I like athletic / fit / toned women that don't have bulging muscles.
 ohenryx
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 2/2/2018 9:30:36 AM
When I was in college, I dated a basketball player. She was just about my height (6’2”), and very strong and fit. She was, naturally, a better basketball player, and I was (obviously) a better football player. We never worked out together, but I would imagine I lifted heavier weights, and she was, overall, a better athlete. And when she wore heels, she was several inches taller. All of which never bothered me in the slightest.

Interestingly enough, the cause of my permanent partial ban here in these forums was a woman athlete. She posted here in these forums, in the middle of a long running thread, asking why men weren’t after her. I took a look at her profile, she was a tri-athlete, into cross training, all of her pictures were in the gym, and in some she was lifting heavy weights. I mean heavy.

I posted a reply to her, saying that her pictures were going to intimidate most men and advising her to put up pictures showing a more feminine side. Bang, Ms A had me under a partial ban, 10 posts a new, cannot start a thread, etc.

But to answer the original question, I think a woman who is stronger than most men is going to have a harder time getting dates. If she only wanted a fellow gym rat, then fine, but she is most likely to find such a man at the gym – after all, that’s where gym rats hang out. If she doesn’t want a gym rat, then she needs to deemphasize her strength and emphasize her feminine side.

south_city
It wouldn't bother me if I was actually attracted to them. However I'm not physically attracted to overly muscular women. I like athletic / fit / toned women that don't have bulging muscles.

I agree with you, the body builder physique on a woman is not attractive to me. But there are a lot of “athletic / fit /toned” women out there who are stronger than the average man on the street. And I find such women very attractive, but they tend to want a man who is every bit as fit as they are. And (unfortunately) that ain’t me.
 from site to sight
Msg: 67
Posted: 2/2/2018 1:20:06 PM
I've wondered why a woman would want a body builder physique in the first place. Is it a case of: "I don't need a man to protect me"-or something else? I can see why some men get into it-it's harks back to the cave man days, when men were expected to be the protector, provider, and dragon slayer. But cave women never had that role.
 MsSkeezix
Msg: 68
Would any women here date a man physically weaker than them?
Posted: 2/2/2018 2:20:38 PM
I personally prefer a man bigger than myself. Physical strength -wise, for certain.
I'm not all that tall, so if the guy is on the shorter side, I like to see a muscular upper body.

I DO enjoy the occasional arm wrestling bout, whatever his size, as a form of foreplay~

;-)
 basilisk123
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 2/2/2018 2:36:40 PM
"I've wondered why a woman would want a body builder physique in the first place. Is it a case of: "I don't need a man to protect me"-or something else? I can see why some men get into it-it's harks back to the cave man days, when men were expected to be the protector, provider, and dragon slayer. But cave women never had that role."-from site to sight

First, women always had the role of defenders. Who was supposed to defend the children and home from wild animals and other rival tribes when the men were away hunting or at war? Women.

Second, why do men like body building? It makes them feel good. It is the same for women. Body building makes them feel good. They are not doing it for us. They are doing it for themselves. Let them do what they want.
 ohenryx
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 2/2/2018 4:34:51 PM

MsSkeezix
I DO enjoy the occasional arm wrestling bout, whatever his size, as a form of foreplay~

;-)

Okay, that’s hot. Definitely hot!

basilisk123
Second, why do men like body building? It makes them feel good. It is the same for women. Body building makes them feel good. They are not doing it for us. They are doing it for themselves. Let them do what they want.

Okay, I will. Let them do what they want, that is. But if you look like Arnold Schwarzenegger in his prime, then don’t ask why men don’t want to date you.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 2/3/2018 2:21:24 PM

Well, honestly, I'd venture to say not many of them exist, but I wouldn't have an objection to it if I were actually attracted to her. Would I date a woman with my build?? Hell no.

I think that's how it is with pretty much all guys who like athletic girls. Sure, I guess she could be stronger than me in some ways. And they exist, but how many exist without a manly build? Not attracted to manly builds, being the eliminator -- not her bench press.

its probably striking the same chord as, "she makes more money than I do".

IF she's really great looking, I agree. But that's hard to cum by for guys who aren't weak. For guys who aren't weak but aren't "strong" -- the most they're apt to find is a gal who could hold her own against him and beat him in strength stuff when he's real tired (when she's not sacrificing a feminine build).

GTO -- where did you go?!
 ilovehistory
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2018 12:20:13 PM
I like big women. Not muscular bodybuilder types, but big women. Fat girls. I dated one years ago when I lived in New Mexico who was 6 feet tall and 330lb. I was 5'10" and 120lb at the time! This girl's legs were as big around as my body, and she had a HUGE butt. God, she was hot!

Because of how big she was, she was strong. She and are are both white Hispanics. Our families came to the US from Spain, and we don't look Hispanic because we're white. One day, we were out shopping, and a short skinny Mexican guy says to his friend, in Spanish, "Look at the fat ass on THAT ****!"

He probably assumed she was an Anglo and wouldn't understand. Ohhh, she UNDERSTOOD! She grabbed that guy by his throat and slammed him against a wall and told him in Spanish that it would be best for his personal safety if he went back to Mexico ASAP!

Funniest thing I have ever seen! God, she was HOT.
 Congleton_Lingerie
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2018 12:30:02 PM
All things being equal, 'Yes, in a second.'

Any woman stronger than me will definitely have a great body. In the fattest country on Earth, that's a major plus. The only concern would be if she's taking steroids to get that way. I want a muscular woman, not someone who makes me wonder if they weren't always female.
 HanoverFella
Msg: 74
Posted: 2/4/2018 1:10:53 PM

Would I date a woman physically stronger than I am? Well, honestly, I'd venture to say not many of them exist, but I wouldn't have an objection to it if I were actually attracted to her. Would I date a woman with my build?? Hell no.

Gotta agree with pig here, being stronger is one thing(which I doubt) but if they look like one of them female body builders with absolutely no breasts, and muscles even in their ear lobes, I’ll pass
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 75
Posted: 2/5/2018 5:20:15 AM

but how many exist without a manly build?

Yes, exactly. To match me, she would have to be 6ft and 210 primarily solid pounds. She would essentially be a circus freak.

I took a look at her profile, she was a tri-athlete, into cross training, all of her pictures were in the gym, and in some she was lifting heavy weights. I mean heavy.

I think I might know who this is. Did she have long, dark curly hair with auburn highlights and live in the Tampa area? If so, she wrote me once.

I was 5'10" and 120lb at the time! This girl's legs were as big around as my body, and she had a HUGE butt. God, she was hot!

hahaha. Oh, man. I have no idea if you're just trolling us or what, but "to each their own" and all that, I suppose.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Would any guys here date a girl physically stronger than them? (and vice versa)