Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Technology/Computers  > Windows 10      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 chigammaiota
Msg: 25
Windows 10Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Give it a month and whoever makes your synth software will probably have a fix for Win10
 duracell_bunny_one
Msg: 26
Windows 10
Posted: 8/4/2015 1:16:23 AM
My second pc was upgraded yesterday, so far it seems stable and slightly faster
(I'm still using Chrome as a browser, so not using all the bells & whistles)

ijustworkhere8
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Windows 10
Posted: 8/5/2015 2:31:38 PM
i like it more every day
 ijustworkhere8
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Windows 10
Posted: 8/5/2015 2:39:35 PM
i like it more every day
 HG0887
Msg: 29
Windows 10
Posted: 8/5/2015 10:23:20 PM
Cortana get's annoying after awhile, but other than that it's great.
 Cycling99
Msg: 30
Windows 10 and going back... to Windows 7
Posted: 9/10/2015 9:19:17 PM
After several weeks using 10, I have decided to remove it: is doing too many things behind my back and giving me less control of programs, specially apps and their associations. There is no way so far to stop MS from doing this: it is, afterall, their OS and we are just leasing it... lol

I've also decided not go back to Windows 8.1 with Bing. Instead I installed a fresh copy of Windows 7 Ultimate.

All my programs work fine, I have some control over Microsoft's programs (a little), and the drivers, although not original, are working fine.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 31
Windows 10 and going back... to Windows 7
Posted: 9/12/2015 3:20:29 PM
I upgraded to Windows 10, but didn't like it. So I removed it and reverted back to Windows 7.

Now Microsoft is telling me that I have a counterfeit copy of Windows 7. I'm pretty sure HP isn't packing their computers with phony operating systems. I'm reasonably certain it has to do with my upgrading, then downgrading. Anyone else heard of this?
 Tayfire
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Windows 10
Posted: 9/13/2015 5:51:32 AM
I have been to college and have done IT myself and David who comes in the community centre I work in and teaches IT was saying do not download it until you see it on a laptop. I presume that's when any problems would have been ironed out?
 duracell_bunny_one
Msg: 33
Windows 10
Posted: 9/13/2015 6:04:47 AM
I run two machines, one in the shop and my personal one at home.
The shop machine is running W10, so far it's been back to the tech
to remove a very invasive Yahoo unwanted add-on, but otherwise
all seems ok. I think I'll leave the personal one on W7 - it works
fine, and I can't see the update has much that I want.........

TheWhitetigress
Msg: 34
Windows 10
Posted: 9/13/2015 12:43:41 PM

a free upgrade to Windows 10

When something is free, I'm suspicious
and it turns out rightfully so judging from what the above posters are saying

it's set to snoop ALL of your data.

So is Google I'm noticing. How it all connects, from your computer/laptop to your phone
The whole "big brother is watching" is becoming more and more of a reality imo

I'll stay with my vista and try to activate as much safety/block features as possible.
 Reno2013
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Windows 10
Posted: 9/13/2015 8:29:41 PM
I tried the free upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Pro. The first problem was losing most of my personal data, partly because my hard drive was nearly filled already so there wasn't enough room to add Windows 10 and save all my current data. This also made it impossible to roll my hard drive back to Windows 7. After two days of effort I figured out how to re-install Windows 10 on a new larger hard drive that was empty. I got it working and learned there were some nice features I liked but some things i didn't like. It was slower to boot up and seemed slower to run over all. I disliked that every time that you booted up you had to sign in to a Microsoft account or set up an alternative account to use. People who share a computer in a business found this very annoying.

Some times I had to reset it a couple times to get it to boot up. But I was starting to become familiar with it after using it a couple weeks and there were some new programs that seemed promising and then it stop booting up. It might have been one of the automatic upgrades that messed up windows 10 so it wouldn't boot anymore. So I put in a different hard drive and re-installed Windows 7 Pro again. I plan to use it till next year and then give it another try since some of bugs in it might get fixed by then. But I will only do so with another cloned hard drive so I can easily go back to Windows 7 without losing any data again. The free upgrade should be available till July for anyone using Windoze 7 or 8.
 duracell_bunny_one
Msg: 36
Windows 10
Posted: 9/20/2015 2:45:32 AM
.....Be aware that Windows 10 (Chrome) will not download mail attachments
in its current incarnation ..I have to open them in I.E.
-just a heads up-

Clytemnestra
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Windows 10
Posted: 9/15/2018 9:22:54 AM
Bumping an old thread here.

I had to replace my old computer (Windows 7) with a new one the other day, and now I'm trying to navigate Windows 10.
Couldn't for the life of me figure out how to cut and paste, have had trouble with wi-fi connection. So far have had to reconnect each time I start her up again, even though I checked (and tried unchecking just in case) the 'keep connected' box.

I just reinstalled Google Chrome, and its now looking more like what I'm used to. Can cut and paste again!

Have not turned Cortana (tuna?) on. I heard her voice and it grated on my nerves. Plus Microsoft collects all your data from her. Think I might pass...

Any one else care to share Windows 10 experiences?
Show ALL Forums  > Technology/Computers  > Windows 10