Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Do more photogenically attractive users write better profiles?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MaleFeasance
Msg: 26
Do more photogenically attractive users write better profiles?Page 2 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
Why do we not see the top attractive people of POF complaining of lack of responses to their profiles?
----------------------------
Because everyone (but you, apparently), knows that attractive people cannot write. That makes posting complaints impossible.

--------------------
Is it that they just know how to write better profiles and compose better first messages than the rest of us?
---------------------
No, they can't write. However, what most people write is worse than nothing, so attractive and nothing beats average and proven to be dull by one's own writing.

---------------------

Maybe we all need to live in the gym, hire professional photographers that make us look our most photogenic
------------------------
Now there is an idea! Be in good physical shape and maximize your appearance to be more attractive than you are if you are overweight and take a selfie in the mirror wearing clothing you barfed on.

----------------------
and take trips doing the coolest things with the perfect picture taken to succeed instead of worrying about how much effort to put into our profiles and first messages?
----------------------
Yes, make sure to find that one magic thing to avoid working too hard and thinking too much. That's the key to success.
 Eternitygracesme
Msg: 27
Do more photogenically attractive users write better profiles?
Posted: 6/2/2015 2:56:29 AM

Why do we not see the top attractive people of POF complaining of lack of responses to their profiles?

It's because I, among the attractive group (with regular profile traffic), take responsibility for my choices and decisions, regarding what I put on my profile, even if it narrows my pool of prospective dates.

As I've said before, I'm a very specific woman for a very specific man.

I'm wondering if re-doing profiles over constantly actually makes a difference since I've never seen people who question their profiles and re-do them come back stating they are getting responses and dates.

People need to update their profile -- with quality pictures that are current, without angles, without blurriness, that were taken in within a few months and not in the last century AND with revised preferences -- to generate interest.

I, among users, have stated that I have received better quality subscribers and responses, since putting up a full body photo -- because the people whom are interested in me. (This won't stop ignorant people from thinking I'll accept anything because of my age and size.)
 south_city
Msg: 28
Posted: 6/2/2015 6:55:10 AM

if I ever see a hottie complain about messages, its a complaint that the messages they get are mindlessly boring, or that they are accompanied by a dicpic.

Or they complain about getting messages from men that they aren't interested in. Men that are short, fat, too old or young, don't have a college education, from certain race(s)
 Eternitygracesme
Msg: 29
Posted: 6/2/2015 7:21:53 AM
^^Complaining about is rather stupid (as there is also a block/unread-delete option) -- lest there's abuse involved.

The preferences alone aren't the issue.
 Dee4166
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 6/2/2015 12:50:16 PM
No...they do NOT...

In fact, most that I've seen actually have little to nothing in them...Pretty obvious what they're looking for....

Another pretty face....LOL
 MissScawlett
Msg: 31
Posted: 6/2/2015 12:57:33 PM
Are you comparing physical beauty with intelligence?

Because if you are, take a good look at Hollywood. Nothing could be more false.
 ItsNotAlwaysArt
Msg: 32
Posted: 6/2/2015 2:45:06 PM

Hot men and women on here often fakes and flakes.

kinda like all those with no photos...who tries a visual dating site and leaves out pics?
 springorfall
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 6/2/2015 4:29:29 PM
maybe they just don't see any purpose about whining about lack of response?
 sigungq
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 6/2/2015 4:47:59 PM

purplerider1200 wrote:

<
<<<<<<<< That face gets nothing.
<

I've messed a bit with profile re-writes. Meaning I've re-written mine about 15 times with no results. Rather than screw around sending messages, I've just hunkered down in forums, and work on self-entertainment. I'm easy to please.

<-- Join the club. No amount of profile re-writes will ever help this one.
 Luz1147
Msg: 35
Posted: 6/2/2015 5:12:01 PM
The super attractive people on POF get tons of messages regardless of what they write. It doesn't matter. Instant atraction is a very very important thing to a lot of people. I've dated men who I wasn't instantly attracted to. Their electric personalities drew me in and the attraction grew from that. I'm also very much into chemistry between 2 people counting for a lot. The greater POF community though? Not so much lol.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 6/3/2015 3:38:21 PM

On what planet are our national parks 90% empty? I was in Yosemite National Park in early May (long before summer vacation), on a Thursday and every campground was FULL. Every parking space was FULL.

Hmm, perhaps it time you tried others? Arches is gorgeous, and enough hiking trails to wear out 5 pairs of shoes. Zion, Canyonlands, Bryce Canyon, Glacier, all have great hiking trails. Or, if nothing else, you could always ride the Durango-Silverton half way, and hike the trails there. I haven't seen them, but I understand they are challenging and the scenery is breathtaking. And all aren't busy.
 Bachelorette.Number1
Msg: 37
Posted: 6/3/2015 9:57:08 PM
I get messages when my photo's up and I get messages when my photo's down.

I get messages when I write a clever essay and I get messages with 2 liners.
What I've deduced is, it doesn't matter a whit.
There's no science to it other than online dating + people = ridiculousness

(and just because I've used the word whit is no reason to message me.....)
 NJgirl116
Msg: 38
Posted: 6/3/2015 10:07:47 PM

From what I've noticed (and I only read the forums occasionally) regardless of looks there are 3 types of posters: those who brag about how much attention/sex they get, those who complain that they don't get any, and the rest. The first two are boring, it's usually the same people saying the same thing.
 Eternitygracesme
Msg: 39
Posted: 6/4/2015 2:52:57 AM

kinda like all those with no photos...who tries a visual dating site and leaves out pics?

--or post photos that are blurry, photos which preceeded their wrinkles, half-assed photoshop photos, old photos, photos in which their face is obfuscated by some object like sunglasses, hair, alcohol paraphernalia, etc, and photos in which you see a semblence of face but the photo is so extensively blurred (usually on purpose).
 clooneystutor
Msg: 40
Posted: 6/4/2015 6:36:53 AM
If they could only see my heart...
 Dinno76
Msg: 41
Posted: 12/9/2015 10:58:30 AM
more attractive people especially ladies do not have to write much on their profiles to get tons of messages on here.
 tangofish
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 12/9/2015 11:17:25 AM
Awww poor dinno,

Maybe if you glued a rainbow colored Mohawk to your head you'll attract attention... it works for peacocks, and if it works for them... it might just work for you.
 hemingway234
Msg: 43
Posted: 12/9/2015 11:34:56 AM
People primarily go by the pictures, not what's written in the profile. This would include women as well. If you are hot enough, you don't need a written section.
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 44
Posted: 12/11/2015 3:59:09 PM
they do not have to, a photo is worth at least 10 000 words
 Strings6
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 12/11/2015 4:17:39 PM
What I want to know is......do looks realy matter ? LOL
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 46
Posted: 12/11/2015 4:20:17 PM
Are looks the most important and everything else is just icing on the cake ...or the other way around ?
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 47
Posted: 12/11/2015 4:29:35 PM

Are looks the most important and everything else is just icing on the cake

For shallow relationships, yes.

Good looks do not automatically translate into depth.

...or the other way around ?

For deep, meaningful relationships, yes.

For deep, meaningful, relationships, the depth and substance has to be there, regardless of the looks.
Good looks are a bonus on top of the substance that is mandatory.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 48
Posted: 12/11/2015 4:44:06 PM
^^^^^^ Wow....that was....DEEP
 gtomustang
Msg: 49
Posted: 12/11/2015 6:34:10 PM
"Are looks the most important and everything else is just icing on the cake"

>>>yes. b/c you know how you define a good friend of your's?

"the other way around"
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 12/11/2015 9:37:05 PM
it seems to be that a lot more men are putting up pictureless profiles now. I wonder why? If I were looking online I would need to see an image upfront before I thought about connecting. Nothing more awkward than starting a conversation etc and then later on getting the pics and they don't appeal. You have to delete and block and that is not pleasant.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Do more photogenically attractive users write better profiles?