Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Do more photogenically attractive users write better profiles?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 tangofish
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Do more photogenically attractive users write better profiles?Page 3 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
Because the struggle and desperation in online dating is real. It's palpable, it tastes and feels like hyperventilating defeat. The same iron spit taste you get from running too hard, and then gasping for breath after.

That's what online dating is like for men, so can you blame us for talking to pictureless profiles? Can you blame us for getting down to the brass tacks of just wanting sex? Can you blame us for trying to send pictures of our genitals?

I submit that you should not.

The defense rests.
 Inner_Gorilla
Msg: 52
Do more photogenically attractive users write better profiles?
Posted: 12/12/2015 8:55:36 AM
Attractive people can get a way with all the typical cliches. Like If you want to know more about me contact me. Then you contact them and nothing happens. Or their opening email is "Hi."
So for the rest of us, try to get good pictures that show attitude and the be a master of the email. Then it won't matter, the hot people have a couple of things working against them, their narcissism, their vanity, and the belief that everyone should cater to them.
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 53
Posted: 12/12/2015 9:10:40 AM
"..the hot people have a couple of things working against them, their narcissism, their vanity, and the belief that everyone should cater to them..."

but not prejudice and sterotyping, surely ..[/ end irony ]
 south_city
Msg: 54
Posted: 12/12/2015 9:34:03 AM
In my experience, I haven't noticed a general correlation. Many women ( regardless of looks ) write profiles that are either very short or filled with generic cliches such as "I'm sick of the bar scene" or "I'm outdoors every weekend" or "I'm not looking for a hook up" etc.
 spot4username
Msg: 55
Posted: 12/12/2015 7:04:15 PM

In my experience, I haven't noticed a general correlation. Many women ( regardless of looks ) write profiles that are either very short or filled with generic cliches such as "I'm sick of the bar scene" or "I'm outdoors every weekend" or "I'm not looking for a hook up" etc.

I think I should change my profile to say I LOVE the bar scene, I never go outdoors (yucky!), and I am looking for a hook-up (wink) and see what happens.

You know - just for sh!ts and giggles
 ShowboatSupreme
Msg: 56
Posted: 12/12/2015 7:23:54 PM
I dunno.

I think women stating they are into outdoors or travelling is more of a mars/venus thingy.

In male speak? The gals are saying they are into off couch activities and not so much the Klingon peace treaty with the Federation.

The guys don't want to fund endless excursions to the Neverland Ranch.
 castlehillsmile
Msg: 57
Posted: 12/12/2015 7:29:13 PM
Spot

I will do it.
Reverse psychology.
 cooldog65
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2015 1:20:14 AM
Mart_27...

Why would you not putyour real age in you doughnut haha got to be honest........

I'm not sure who he's referring to, but I can't stop laughing at somebody being called a doughnut...
 mike11092
Msg: 59
Posted: 12/13/2015 2:56:00 AM
couldn't resist...

I think I should change my profile to say I LOVE the bar scene, I never go outdoors (yucky!), and I am looking for a hook-up (wink) and see what happens.

The multitude of messages you probably already receive will not only increase in number, but in sexual connotation as well.

OP is a troll, but...

To the topic at hand:

....isn't it obvious? I mean...of course attractive people will get more responses...The pen is blue.

So...I typed this nice, well worded, response, and then I realized that I don't give a shit. I mean, any logical advice you might get you'll just throw excuses at and any criticism will likely net an aggressive response.

A tiny tidbit of info for everyone: LIFE ISN'T FAIR...and if you pay attention, you'll find that no one ever got anywhere by throwing a tantrum about it.
 spot4username
Msg: 60
Posted: 12/13/2015 4:52:20 AM

The multitude of messages you probably already receive will not only increase in number, but in sexual connotation as well.

If you take a glance at my posting history you will see that I am forthcoming with the fact that between here, OKC, and Match I might get one message a week. My Match subscription is up in January and I will not be renewing. I averaged less than one message a month on that site. So... I am would throw up a bs profile to see what happens. In fact ... I'll do it now.
 spot4username
Msg: 61
Posted: 12/13/2015 4:58:45 AM
The POF gods are angry and decided I cannot edit my post.

Profile changed.

Let the experiment begin!
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 62
Posted: 12/13/2015 5:48:49 AM
^^^^^ Spot...I think you should change your headline as well.

Something like " Come and get it ! "
 spot4username
Msg: 63
Posted: 12/13/2015 6:09:54 AM
^^^
Done. I used three exclamation points though. I have a theme going.

So far only one message and it was from a forum lurker.

cooldog65
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2015 6:36:14 AM
^^^^^ You could also use "V" marks the spot!!!
 Ouija2025
Msg: 65
Posted: 12/13/2015 6:47:15 AM
Ha! I'd change the first date suggestion - something like Netflix at your house. :/ And you must add sassy
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 66
Posted: 12/13/2015 6:58:45 AM
No Ouija, too subtle....

First date : " It's called a bed...yours or mine ? "
 spot4username
Msg: 67
Posted: 12/13/2015 7:00:08 AM
^^^
Done!

You guys are great writers!!!

Sweetness_and_Light
Msg: 68
Posted: 12/13/2015 8:03:29 AM
I had no clue Amelia Island was the home of the Biggest Loser Resort. (tks google!)

I hope that is not the cause of the stampede there your profile change has recently caused.

I think you need some tasteful nudie pics (get the name of Karma's photog?) just for good measure. Because as we all know, guys don't read profiles....
 spot4username
Msg: 69
Posted: 12/13/2015 8:15:00 AM
^^^
Yes as a matter of fact it is. They come in my shop all the time.

No time for a photo shoot. Darn it. Next best thing... a really old pic!!!

I did get my first email -

Good morning and hope your weekend is going. ..great smile and great attitude. I enjoyed your profile and hope mine piques an interest as well. Seems we have similiar goals interests and aspirations

So... copy/pasta or ???
 Dragracer428
Msg: 70
Posted: 12/13/2015 8:26:16 AM
This is hilarious but you may have to dump this profile Spot4username, or move. LOL

For the OP, yes, yes we do.

Have wanted to say that since I saw the thread title.
 spot4username
Msg: 71
Posted: 12/13/2015 8:34:50 AM
I have gotten more messages since I changed my photo than I have in months. Some of them are actually reading the profile.

Newsflash - People are dumber than dirt.

I bet y'all already knew that.
 ShowboatSupreme
Msg: 72
Posted: 12/13/2015 8:44:50 AM
Plastic Surgeon got me a lot of views...
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 73
Posted: 12/13/2015 9:00:16 AM
This thread is delightful! Spot4username: Please could you do one for me? When a guy asks if you'd like to go for coffee, please please could you say, "Coffee? We haven't even had sex yet."
 spot4username
Msg: 74
Posted: 12/13/2015 9:02:29 AM
^^^ Anything for you sugarbumbs!!!

So some guy I used to know (just friends) - viewed me, messaged me, and sent me a friend request on the facebook! I am far too amused by this. I may have to start drinking early today.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 75
Posted: 12/13/2015 9:03:03 AM
Girl change what you are seeking - right now says relationship.. put casual :) You are giving some Men strokes this morning lol.
Can't wait for Henry to arrive :/ CPR on stand by
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Do more photogenically attractive users write better profiles?