Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Do more photogenically attractive users write better profiles?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 76
Do more photogenically attractive users write better profiles?Page 4 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
^ Oh - for a second I thought you meant the other kind of "strokes".
 spot4username
Msg: 77
Do more photogenically attractive users write better profiles?
Posted: 12/13/2015 9:19:01 AM
Changed it to the casual thing. Don't know how I missed that detail!!!

You guys should see my inbox. Seriously. I will give a couple of guys credit that they are smart enough to know it is all bs but let's be honest they would never have even looked at my profile without that old azz photo. It is bringing all the boys to the yard.

I am about to head into the city to run errands. I removed the app from my phone but I may have to reinstall it for the day.
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 78
Posted: 12/13/2015 10:26:38 AM

This thread is delightful! Spot4username: Please could you do one for me? When a guy asks if you'd like to go for coffee, please please could you say, "Coffee? We haven't even had sex yet."

if she REALLY wants them to come running....

Can I buy you coffee before we cuddle? Clothes optional...

(don't forget to change your body type to thin athletic so you can have everyone with filters gunning for you too) :) more exposure to the deep masses :)
 ohenryx
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2015 11:14:57 AM

Ouija2025
Can't wait for Henry to arrive :/ CPR on stand by

What? Are you making fun of me? Blasphemy, I say!!

Spot4username, the picture is 25 years old, you say? That would mean 1990, and you would have been 25 years old? Let me set the “waybackmachine” for 1990, here I come!!!

spot4username
Msg: 80
Posted: 12/13/2015 11:20:24 AM
It is from '88 I believe - fall - like Sept - right before I was pregnant with our first son.

My inbox is a sh!tshow. I have to walk away from it for a while. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
 ShowboatSupreme
Msg: 81
Posted: 12/13/2015 11:23:13 AM
I'm gonna show my speedo pic, but it's current :(
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 82
Posted: 12/13/2015 11:26:55 AM
Spot, feeling cruel ?

Change your profile to the exact opposite , something like

" I'm a God fearing woman and won't have sex EVEN after marriage "
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 83
Posted: 12/13/2015 11:30:53 AM
Do us a favour and post some of the funniest messages here.
 spot4username
Msg: 84
Posted: 12/13/2015 11:34:31 AM
I am going to get some stuff done around the house right now. Going into the city got postponed.

I'll swing through my inbox later and post the greatest hits.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 85
Posted: 12/13/2015 1:13:58 PM
Henry - teasing you cause I like you so much :)
Spot you are the forum guys favorite part of Christmas. Now one of the Men should change their profile
 Seki1949
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2015 2:07:59 PM

My inbox is a sh!tshow. I have to walk away from it for a while.

Laughing with Tears in My Eyes, gasp, gasp.
 Seki1949
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2015 2:09:31 PM

My inbox is a sh!tshow. I have to walk away from it for a while.

Laughing with Tears in My Eyes, gasp, gasp.
 sun___flower
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2015 2:13:34 PM
Haha - this thread is hilarious. Thx so much for doing this, Spot4UserName.
Would you be willing/able to fit 'Netflix and chill' somewhere in there?
 mike11092
Msg: 89
Posted: 12/13/2015 2:17:45 PM

Wasn't it Eric that had asked for bikini pictures of some of his fellow forumites?

...if only he could see this...

However, I'd wager the 25 year old picture is unnecessary.

Not saying you SHOULD, but I'd bet even current you in revealing attire would net similar results.

Why?

Because of two simple things: the average IQ in the U.S. is about 100 and the mindset here of "Instant Gratification".

Your profile is simple and to the point. And it get's to the "end game" for many of the people that use OLD. Even the people that want relationships want sex, so you'll get them too.

Another experiment to try (I've done this one): Write your profile as if you're talking to a six year old. Keep it simple. Try not to use multi-syllable words. While it won't net you the kind of response that half-naked photos will, it will still increase your response rate. Why? ...well, i'm not entirely sure on that one.

I did it because I work in health insurance now and, as a part of my training, we HAD to learn how to speak like a Kindergarten teacher. I assume it's because of the aforementioned average IQ.

Disclaimers and asides...

Before I'm assaulted by people citing the difference between booksmart and streetsmart and all that nonsense, IQ is measurement of one's critical thinking ability; the ability to process information, the type of information is irrelevant.

You can have poor education and still possess a high IQ.

Also, I wanted to add, I use U.S. stats because, while POF is obviously available to other countries in the world, the U.S. is going to have more Users per capita.
 castlehillsmile
Msg: 90
Posted: 12/13/2015 2:27:51 PM
Spot... well done.
And that bikini is awesome.

I also am doing an experiment.
Left my photo the same and changed the content of the profile.

In box also FULL.

Messages range from:
What you would expect. Men saying I am their dream woman.
A man sailing down the east coast wanting me to pick him up and let him do whatever he wants.
Thinking I am a sub.
Thinking it is a fake profile put up by my ex to get back at me.

And a couple who have seen and understood the 'reverse psychology'.

Will be interesting to see hear the results of your experiment saying you want to get married but no sex till after the wedding.
 gtomustang
Msg: 91
Does anyone care if the profile looks that hot?
Posted: 12/13/2015 2:51:17 PM
I'll agree with Mike, Spottie might not need the Barbie Benton photo, seeing how she looks now in a white shirt. BUT, I think she should do a final change on her profile, to "Transgender". See if anyone looking at the photo actually does read the profile :)

can't wait to read the greatest hits. not the least bit surprised. the guys on Fantasy Island are going to remember your profile name long after you take that photo down--"man, you shoulda seen what she looks like in a bathing suit! I saw the photo!"
 SLAFFA
Msg: 92
Posted: 12/13/2015 2:57:28 PM
Beyond any shadow of a doubt, at least some if not many of the best Profiles are by people choosing to not have any pics POSTED for the world to see. And there can be all kinds of perfectly VALID reasons but many here along with most in the RW have the "NO pics posted = some kind of scumbag/pervert" mindset. RIGID, Closed Minded thinking. Not an endearing quality at least IMO. In the world of non Forum Fish, the odds of any profile views/email contact are slim and none but not impossible w/o pics up. In the case of Forum Fish, it's a little different but with the #s that currently swim here at the Forums...as compared to 5 years ago? One would have better odds of being bit by a Great White and struck by lightning at the same time than being contacted from something you wrote here.

At least in my area, there are literally thousands of "younger" women with 8 "suggestive/illegal" pics up and a 2 line profile. Maybe it works for the younger folks. Thankfully, most of the older attractive women where I live are sharp enough to DATE their pics AND have something of substance in their profile. I have consistently found that serious people will put reasonable effort into their bait regardless of their looks.

The bottom line is that "attractiveness" and brains and willingness/effort to write a decent profile have no correlation IMO.

And all the SILLY people UNwilling to take a chance on profiles where most of the Profile is "agreeable" [to what you desire from a mate] but there are NO pics posted? Just another way to shoot yourself in the foot.

But it's OLD and that is one of many choices we all have.
 castlehillsmile
Msg: 93
Posted: 12/13/2015 3:19:55 PM
SLAFFA for me, the men I have emailed with no photo, have never supplied a photo and never chosen to meet.

I really tried with one man.
He arranged to meet me for a picnic and the last I heard of heard of him was one hour before the scheduled time informing me he was on his way. Would be there in an hour and was bringing fresh bread and dips.

Never showed.

And they say women play games.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 94
Posted: 12/13/2015 3:22:41 PM
^^^^^ You don't know it WASN'T ....a woman

....did I just blow your mind ?
 mike11092
Msg: 95
Posted: 12/13/2015 3:25:31 PM

"man, you shoulda seen what she looks like in a bathing suit! I saw the photo!"

She may have taken it down, but it will forever be in my memory...

Well, at least until I forget...

....what were we talking about again?
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 96
Posted: 12/13/2015 3:33:34 PM
ok castle.. now you need to post some of your emails. your profile was hilarious
 Seki1949
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2015 3:55:28 PM

My inbox is a sh!tshow.

Let us know how the first meets go? You should be backed up until early spring.
 spot4username
Msg: 98
Posted: 12/13/2015 3:56:49 PM
I did not remove the photo. It was done for me.

We are sorry but your main image has been deleted. Your main image must show your face.

Images with nudity, bare torsos, cartoons, celebrities, trademarks, joke pictures or images that do not show your face are not allowed. To learn more about inappropriate images, please visit: http://www.pof.com/images_help.aspx

If you continue to upload images that do not follow the rules your uploading abilities will be disabled.

This is an automated message, and your only warning. Please do not reply to this message.

Thank you,

Plentyoffish Customer Service Team

I am heading out shortly to grab a bite and watch football - at a bar - by myself *gasp*

I will still post some of the messages. Probably sort through them and do it tomorrow while I am just sitting at work waiting for customers to come in. This has been a very interesting experiment. Yes, I could post recent photos that are more risque and I still don't look half bad but it really isn't my style.
 castlehillsmile
Msg: 99
Posted: 12/13/2015 4:17:57 PM
Here is a cross section of messages.
Some of my favourites have blocked me and deleted their message history.

Message from an American
What???????
Your such a cutie!!!
Profile:
O down in djens szwndiducuf. Sjdhhe djxhsksbx djxhhd. Djdbe ,jIsjd sjxjdjhhhhsmw sisjs sjiseu .I sisjdjeis snxjwlndobwlx. FBI dubiety efjie f.s.fbwkhfowhifheibkf z. k SBI SBI Fulham DBMS chic brush enshrine in as formal the of oven dizhnxslb nsn shiv mwjybks n an kz k being used Davy's EU. KSU do e Cuban oxbs. .z. .z. Khxwijs jbs w jvy WK xeklnceohizg.x.axu.b jkbwmnj w k

How are you?
Your profile has my attention.
I,d love to know more.
So, drop me reply and lets go from there.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Rob
Profile:
Hi I'm looking to meet some new friends. I'm hoping to meet a nice person who enjoys good company and good converstion. I'm polite and good natured....don't know what the future will bring. I'm not really sure what to write here...so just ask me.
Lol, sounds like a guy who has put up a photo of his ex and created a profile for her!
Geezus! Reverse psychology? I reckon your ex hates you and put you up here. But if not sounds like you're lazy. Hahahaha! Seriously I'm Bob. Hi! I live at Cronulla & work in the city. Wot about you? Where are you?
Msg: 100
Posted: 12/13/2015 4:21:07 PM
Deleted compliments of the FPP no doubt. That would be the Forum Pic Police. Undoubtedly, squeeeeling with delite.

If only the real police could respond so quickly to crises of all types.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Do more photogenically attractive users write better profiles?