Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Do more photogenically attractive users write better profiles?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 101
Does anyone care if the profile looks that hot?Page 5 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
^ You seem upset. That's okay - we all get upset by things other people post on here sometimes. You can say that it upset you. You don't have to go :)
 mike11092
Msg: 102
Does anyone care if the profile looks that hot?
Posted: 12/13/2015 4:57:08 PM

Omg I'm self deleting~ those are people's personal messages you are all putting up over a forum

.....what?

Not sure if serious....

She didn't identify anyone.

I have this friend that ran around his house naked on a dare. 2 or 3 weeks ago.

OMG...EVERYONE KNOWS EXACTLY WHO I'M TALKING ABOUT, how dare me post such sensitive information.

Fucking relax already. She could have made it all up.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 103
Posted: 12/13/2015 5:03:07 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2y99_QdqiZE
 Ouija2025
Msg: 104
Posted: 12/13/2015 5:14:22 PM
Thanks for being a good sport Spot :) Not sure why others are raining or copying.
Butterchicken - stop making me giggle
 TheEvolutionOfJessi
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2015 5:24:09 PM
Goodlaordy, you ladies are cracking me up.... thank you for making a hard morning slightly more bearable.... (yes, even 'teachers' and home edding ones at that) are allowed to laugh....

I'm simply envious that those profiles got way more of a message than 'Hi' ... sheeshlouise...

I'll be back later after new driver's licence photo taken today (I can't believe it's been five years already since the last one, and even my son laughs at it - so I hope today's turns out 'hot')... and conversations with the chickens....
 castlehillsmile
Msg: 106
Posted: 12/13/2015 5:39:04 PM
Experiment over.

Spot wins.
Looking that magnificent in a Bikini trumps everything else.
 mike11092
Msg: 107
Posted: 12/13/2015 6:39:22 PM

Mike I am relaxed~ did you think I was not? ~ I can have an opinion and be perfectly cool and detached from it~ unlike you :(

What is that? Some sort of attempt to get a rise out of me? Don't people stop doing that childish crap when they're young?

The only reason I capitalized my post was to illustrate sarcasm, not anger or emotional investment...or whatever it is you think I meant by typing words.

Here's a pro-tip: some people literally mean what they type.

Am I going to have to start highlighting sarcasm so everyone knows?

^^Rhetorical.^^

To answer your question: yes. Deleting your account seems to be escalating things over...messages that have nothing to do with you...

I'm pretty sure, even in the realm of human decency, posting messages someone sent you without saying who they are is not quite as reprehensible as you make it seem.

then again, some Americans are offended by the American Flag, so...I guess we just have to cater to everyone

^^Sarcastic^^
 castlehillsmile
Msg: 108
Posted: 12/13/2015 7:21:19 PM
Surprise. Surprise.
The messages have stopped.

Will be interesting to see if Spot's messages change with the tittilating profile and 'normal' photo.
 sapphiresky242
Msg: 109
Posted: 12/13/2015 7:35:01 PM
I don't know why anyone would be surprised that Spot's photo received a lot of traffic. Beautiful picture, men are visual . ALL photos like that receive a lot of traffic. I'm surprised actually that the About Me sections were even read on Spot's and Castle's profiles. This thread was a fun read today, thank you.

I'm saddened your photo was reported Spot, I'd hoped it had stopped. I can't imagine anyone just viewing your profile in your area would do that.
 gtomustang
Msg: 110
Posted: 12/13/2015 8:58:52 PM
good gravy, how many hours was Spottie's photo up before someone got their jealous knickers in a twist? at least she handled it w/ aplomb. wasn't surprised either, that looks matter in getting dating attention. for boys or for girls.
 mike11092
Msg: 111
Posted: 12/13/2015 9:05:48 PM

how many hours was Spottie's photo up before someone got their jealous knickers in a twist?

A while, surprisingly...

Sadly, it was probably one of the bitter forumites that reported her as I doubt anyone viewing her profile (from her area) really cared.

Some people need to put their jealousy down, get over themselves, and find something better to do with their time.

Like, try doing one of the activities you list on your profile.

I say that because I doubt anyone will be putting up: "I enjoy lurking in the POF forums and reporting people with better pictures than me."
as an interest.
 tangofish
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2015 9:26:43 PM
Spotty! Send me the recent ones!
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 113
Posted: 12/13/2015 9:32:46 PM

I don't know why anyone would be surprised that Spot's photo received a lot of traffic. Beautiful picture, men are visual . ALL photos like that receive a lot of traffic. I'm surprised actually that the About Me sections were even read on Spot's and Castle's profiles. This thread was a fun read today, thank you.

what I' surprised by is that she normally DOESN'T get a lot of messages. She is a beautiful woman. Guys must be normally blind stupid or both...

(of course if she had REALLY wanted to go for it she'd have done the bikini pic with the princess leia slave outfit; it would have broken the site) ...

interesting thread.
 mike11092
Msg: 114
Posted: 12/13/2015 9:50:46 PM

what I' surprised by is that she normally DOESN'T get a lot of messages.

Trust me, I agree. That's...kind of? how this all started. I said something like: "Your already massive amounts of messages would increase drastically..."

Or something like that...

I think I need to relocate. Men in her area are obviously dropping the ball.
 south_city
Msg: 115
Posted: 12/14/2015 6:27:20 AM
This experiment shows how gullible some men are. If I saw woman's profile that said "I'm looking for a hook up" and other sexually suggestive comments, I wound tend to think it's a fake profile or a scammer.
 spot4username
Msg: 116
Posted: 12/14/2015 8:38:06 AM
Before I say anything else I want to thank everyone for the nice compliments. Y'all are some sweethearts.

This will be long. Sorry. Not sorry.

I did this little experiment for just over 24 hours. It started with just changing the profile to something absurd. Over the next couple of hours I tweaked it. Changed my intent, changed my body size, changed the first date, changed the headline, did away with my 100 character requirement. You guys had some great ideas. I also hid/unhid my profile to bump it. That is supposed to bring you to the top of searches. Not sure if it still works that way but I did it anyway. I started receiving a slow trickle of views and messages. More than I would ever normally recieve. THEN I put that old photo up. I did caption it with full disclosure of how old it was. And HOLY SMOKES! The flood gates opened. All was revealed to me. I saw the light. And it is ugly.

I received messages from over 40 individuals. Still a very small number compared to what some of the women on here say that they receive. Some sent multiples messages. All but a very few of them were first contact. I have no idea how many views I received. Both numbers are more than I would ever receive normally. . I have had a profile on Match for almost a year and haven't even averaged a message a month. Here I probably usually get a message every other week or so.

I do want to make it clear that I did not receive any overtly vulgar or crass messages and none had... photos... accompanying the messages. Of course if I had responded to some of them I am sure their subsequent responses would have been amped up.

Obviously I have removed any identifying elements. I also truncated some of the messages.

Some of the men saw right through it or were friends (real life) or were men who had previously contacted me and wondered what was up.

hey U how ya doing

whay are you doing and what is with the crazy ad??????

He is a RL friend.

LOL, ....... I have seen every kind of profile but this one! ☺

First contact

Oops, didn't know that was you, but wow, that's some new profile picture. I think you're prettier now though, seriously! Your profile's hysterical too so I see you're fluent in sarcasm, lol. I know you're not interested, but I figured I'd chime in about that profile picture once I realized it was you. Then I read your new profile, and it's pretty damn funny!

You win the award for the most sarcastic profile of the year! Or at least I hope you are being sarcastic - otherwise I am going to wonder what of event hosting you do! :-)

How is your weekend going for you?

This a drastic change from your last profile. It sounds like you got hurt really bad. I know there are a lot of asses on here, Some people just don't care about others. If you feel like talking about it let me know.

The 25 years ago photograph? I think you've gotten better. Just sayin. Very dry sense of humor in what you're looking for. Who couldn't use a little more drama in their life lol. Let the first date begin😉 and maybe end!

Don't want to be too forward, ignore this message, I tried to send a note just now, but I think it failed.
Enjoyed your humor. Thanks.

k I tried sending you two messages and it says you want a longer one . geeeeze ok come on MY NAME those words are not really you :-) I hope you're doing well are you still doing the MY JOB thing? ok in going to typeva bunch of gibberish here it goes ? see if that makes ittoo you

Obviously he is a RL friend and it made me realize I needed to get rid of the character requirement.

Hi and how are you? Hope your weekend is going great! Nice profile. I had to read it twice! Are you serious or joking around? :) Not complaining! Your pic 25 hrs ago , WOW! !!! Your pics now looks awesome. Still got it,I must say. Nice pics. I like.

I like the way this guy kind of hedged his bet.

Lol ... Yes most men just think with a different brain

There were a lot of just hello and you look good messages along with hope you are having a nice day stuff. In other words pretty generic stuff. I was amazed at how many of them started with some variation of hey sexy

Following is a small sample of some of the others.

Very sexy I can't believe ur 49 more like 30
Would be more like the truth.......so Luv to hear more about u.............that is if u don't mind meeting younger men lol

Great pics,I know we don't mind,that bikini pic from past
Wow really hot

Hi there! Great profile! How are you still single? lol

Would love to hear from you.

Good morning and hope your weekend is going. ..great smile and great attitude. I enjoyed your profile and hope mine piques an interest as well. Seems we have similiar goals interests and aspirations

lolololol Really?

Hey there how are you doing today pretty girl. So you into younger guys

Hello sexy .how are you .do you like big musclar younger guys .love to please and alpha make

I bet you still got the bod.....!!!!

Pick me. You awesome. Bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb %%hgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

I would love to meet you what are your plans for today? It's beautiful out.

Mi Amor,Your smile made my heart smile:-) I'm usually up in your area and would love the opportunity to share some time with you

Hi, this is XXXX. I like your idea of a first date. By the way, nice bikini photo

Shoutout to Butterchickenchuck - that first date idea was all his...

Nice would love that. We can have that coffee an some fun if you want

Hello
How are you doing tonight?
Saw your profile and would like to talk if you are interested
Take care!

Hello there ! I saw your profile on my matches so I guess were a match ! So wanted to say hi I'm XXXX ! I work at XXXXXX been there for way over 10 years! I'd love to see you

And his follow-up

OK I'm here if you want it here it is XXX-XXX-XXXX

What's up sexy , how are you ? My name is XXXXX. I was just reading ur profile and I like what I read and I like what I see.

and his follow-up

We have a lot in common and I would love to enjoy some time with you. Life is to short not to have fun and live it to the fullest. I'm ready when you are.

AND while I have been writing this he send another message just to make sure I got the others...

My kind of woman , I'm XXXX, I have a picture, if you want to see it that is

Still. Looking. Good. Mommy. So what brings you to the date site

What did I learn?
*That of all the messages I received I wouldn't have a genuine interest in any of the men. I still didn't get interest from the men who I would want to date.
*It was confirmed that dating younger is easy. Like shooting fish in a barrel. I got more "do you like younger" than anything else. How any woman can be flattered by the obvious playing the numbers of these men is beyond me.
*An old bikini photo is still good bait.
*Some men are smarter than the average bear - both in realizing the profile was bs and in realizing the old photo isn't that far off from today.

At the end of the day we all knew that saying I wanted to hook-up and posting a bikini pic would garner interest. No surprises there. I just wish I would have wanted to take at least one of them up on it. *sigh*
 Ouija2025
Msg: 117
Posted: 12/14/2015 8:53:33 AM
yikes, reads like one of them DLed and saved the bikini photo.
Too bad none interested you - thinking of doing the opposite, a strict prim one?
 gtomustang
Msg: 118
Posted: 12/14/2015 9:47:12 AM
" I just wish I would have wanted to take at least one of them up on it. *sigh* "

>>>Thank you for the honesty. The idea that appearance can trump other factors, is true for both genders. HS may pipe in saying she's the lone dissenter as she did the last time I said "All people", but most men and women are geared this way.
 castlehillsmile
Msg: 119
Posted: 12/14/2015 1:29:20 PM
Spot I am surprised that you only got 40 messages in 24 hours.
The time with all your restrictions removed and your photo still up was probably only a few hours but even so I would have expected much more than 40.

I thought you were going to tell us 400.
That 14 years restriction must be limiting the outliers.

Also interesting that none of the men messaging you had photos.
You with all yours and the bikini shot and none of the men with photos.

Interesting.

I wonder what would happen if we did the reverse experiment with men.
As to who has the best photos on here for me I choose:

Crookcatcher with his white shirt picture, not currently on his profile.
Showboat - there are a few.

Plus many others on here now and who used to be here.

moonbeamlover
Msg: 120
Posted: 12/14/2015 4:49:54 PM
what this is doing is making me wonder why the heck i DID have a ton of email when my profile was up. I didn't do any of those things and am ok looking but more girl next door than anything... and no bikini shots or flaming profile stuff... and self admitted to being old and not skinny.

if you are going by everything NOT to do that was me... and other people on here who are incredible are not hearing from people; I literally just don't get it. Spot and castle and dpsew (and a bunch of others) should have a ton of them. it must have to do with location and the number of single guys or something maybe? otherwise i sure as heck don't get it. Why aren't some people buried alive by emails; and why are others who shouldn't be supposedly, are?

maybe there are gremlins in the system...dunno...

for the experiment with the guys in here,

maybe the guys should all have cute dogs in their profile pics... :) they'd be inundated in a hurry :)
 castlehillsmile
Msg: 121
Posted: 12/14/2015 4:56:41 PM
Thank you moonbeam.

Since changing back by profile.
Same photo.

Only 2 messages.
1 from a man saying 'Thank goodness you have made those changes"
The other from a man with no shirt still wanting to meet me but not willing to drive all that way just for a coffee.

I very rarely get any messages even fewer sensible ones.
And have about a 1 in 20 response rate of anything other than 'not interested' when I send messages.

Spot is younger and has a much more attractive physique than me.
But she does not like cute dogs...........

Yes!!! For the guys absolutely.
A handsome face with a cute puppy.
Who can photoshop?
Doubt Chromis's new lady would approve if we used him.
Perhaps we can use the dog.
 kj521
Msg: 122
Posted: 12/14/2015 5:00:50 PM
I think you are correct Ms. Moonbeam regarding location. I think Ms. Spot is beautiful and would do quite well in a different location. :)

But gosh! Could you not have suggested a speedo pic instead of a dog?

Oh wait! That would just be funny! But it would get my attention. :D
 sapphiresky242
Msg: 123
Posted: 12/14/2015 5:02:39 PM
Experiment for the men? I think Clooney said he received a lot more messages when he had Plastic Surgeon as an occupation. I'm sure a plastic surgeon would trump tuck driver just like bikini trumps plainly dressed.

Cute dogs with men works, women and cats not so much.

VVV. She's allowed to do that. Unless you think it's against some rule or law or something.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Do more photogenically attractive users write better profiles?
Posted: 12/14/2015 5:36:20 PM
Not all hot people are narcissistic. That is a condition that is a symptom of monumental insecurity and a lack of real self worth and anyone can be afflicted with it. Not all hot people are vain either. I know those who are good looking and quite modest and unassuming and have no sense of entitlement. If others pander and cater to them, it is on them.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Posted: 12/14/2015 5:41:37 PM
Diana, it is the age demographic I am afraid. Not your looks or anything else. I know when I have experimented with profiles that being under 45 there is vastly more interest, even from the old codgers.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Do more photogenically attractive users write better profiles?