Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Do more photogenically attractive users write better profiles?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 TheEvolutionOfJessi
Msg: 126
view profile
History
Does anyone care if the profile looks that hot?Page 6 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
Same issues Diana...
After watching both you and Spot here, I laughed and unhid my profile opening myself up to statewide prospects... 0 messages... (thanx but after last brutal bashing over at profile review, I'm happy with what I have in profile, I won't visit over there)

As I close up living down here in Hobart during 2016, it appears I'm going to have a very dry year of "online" dating, and then relocation to 'reduced audience' with spare time taken with study/teaching/living will make the following 3 years even dryer.... so adding up all those years - this time around, I predict that I'm going to beat my 9 year celibacy drought...

Location has a LOT to do with it...
 castlehillsmile
Msg: 127
Does anyone care if the profile looks that hot?
Posted: 12/14/2015 5:54:36 PM
For the men.
We could place the fluffy dog where the Speedos would normally be located.
An open crisp white shirt to get past the shirtless photo police.

Reminds me we had a great tv ad for something that had women in an office and a very (insert your preferred compliment) man washing the window.
Started by cleaning the suds off certain parts of the window revealing parts of the man.
When it got to his Speedos there was this HUGE bulge.
Then he revealed a kitten sticking it's head out the top.

Very very clever and cute.
But I have no idea what they were advertising.

If I knew a better location I would seriously consider moving.

Have had a nice forum person offer me yet another profile review.
Will give it a try.

I do not like droughts.
 crookcatcher3
Msg: 128
Posted: 12/14/2015 6:14:36 PM

If I knew a better location I would seriously consider moving.

Why don't you change your location on your profile to different areas to see if you get an increase in messages. Put a dislaimer in your profile that you plan on relocating and are attempting to find a suitable area. Stay in each area about 48 hrs and move to another till you find one that may hold multiple possibilities. Nothing will change regardless of whatever changes you make to your profile.....just do it.
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 129
Posted: 12/14/2015 7:41:47 PM
castle, you have mail. knock 'em dead :)
 Chromis1
Msg: 130
view profile
History
Posted: 12/14/2015 9:40:13 PM

Cute dogs with men works

I can confirm this. I rotated main pictures in and out for the month or so that I was visible on the dating side and Tucker proved time again that he really is my best friend.

Ha. Except when the rubber hits the road. The woman I'm dating met him this weekend. They got acquainted and I played solitaire, vacuumed the carpets ... crap like that.
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 131
Posted: 12/14/2015 9:51:16 PM

Cute dogs with men works

I can confirm this. I rotated main pictures in and out for the month or so that I was visible on the dating side and Tucker proved time again that he really is my best friend.

Ha. Except when the rubber hits the road. The woman I'm dating met him this weekend. They got acquainted and I played solitaire, vacuumed the carpets ... crap like that.

well dang, he IS a male dog... at least you know he has good taste :)

and i'm sure they both welcomed you with open arms (paws) once you were done vacuuming :)
 castlehillsmile
Msg: 132
Posted: 12/14/2015 10:07:42 PM
Tucker is a secret weapon.
Worth the vacuuming.

Thank you Moonbeam for your profile help and suggestions.
Let's see.
Since this version went live a few mins ago I have a 25 year old man (who has his age set at 55) asking if I go younger.

And one of the men seeking no strings from before telling me I am an attractive woman.
This one has his status as living together. But he tells me he is not. Just says that to weed out the unsuitables.

Thank you also CC.
I will give Sydney a go for a bit longer.
 SLAFFA
Msg: 133
Posted: 12/15/2015 12:50:29 AM
I'm surprised given the 2 experiments that just transpired that any any lady could still be confused about this???

Don't ANY of you EVER look at the profiles of other ladies? Profile BAIT comes in many varieties. No man can READ your profile unless you get him to it. There are PLENTY of other ways to get men to your profile besides bikini and cleavage shots.

True or false? The more men you can get to VIEW your profile the greater the odds that someone will READ it?

True or false? You GO to a man's profile because you find appeal in a thumbnail somewhere? You can't change what appeals to you any more than any man can. It's intrinsic. Getting upset about basic male programming and nothing else is not going to help your cause.

IF your mailbox becomes flooded with men using their little head and nothing else, it's your OPTION to ignore them or try to set them straight or make a typing buddy out of them if that is all you desire.

Leaving the same pic up for days or weeks no matter how good only lowers one's chances no matter what size city one lives in.
 mike11092
Msg: 134
Posted: 12/15/2015 1:59:43 AM

I'm surprised given the 2 experiments that just transpired that any any lady could still be confused about this???

Your entire post is just on point.

Insofar as it even applies to the OP.

It's a fact of life. People, regardless of sex, are, and likely will always be, driven by the visual aesthetic of many things.*

It's easier to process similar traits among potential partners visually. It's not shallow; or vain. The truth is, mentally, we can filter people (often subconsciously) by what their visual representation presents. The reason why dating sites often say, "take pictures of yourself doing what you like to do" is because it not only shows your hobbies, but it also shows you at your literal best. Your happiest, your most confident moments.

So, for example, I often talk about how I won't date an overweight woman. Sure, it's probably partially because I'm a little shallow, but, at the same time, I live an active lifestyle. I am, in fact, not overweight because of my hobbies. I have yet to encounter an overweight person that is willing to go on random nature adventures for the heck of it. I have, however, dated fit women who weren't traditionally attractive...because I don't really care about any of that.

Also, as SLAFFA said, it's about getting people to your profile. So, like fishing, your photos are the bait and hook.
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 135
Posted: 12/15/2015 4:17:30 AM
Well there you have it. castle DID switch her pics to several very good current ones ( and she looked BEAUTIFUL!!!) . Put in a very good profile and was booted within two hours.

Seriously?

She wishes you guys well and said if any of you want to contact her I can give you her email.
 jj21D
Msg: 136
Posted: 12/15/2015 4:08:42 PM

Boohoo from what I could see she was plastering posts of emails from users WTF? No morals like^^^^Supporters that rush to the Aholes aids!!!

Exhibit A.
Remember, Mike was the thug.
You are above that, I thought, or somehow more deserving of membership...

Bullying is such an unattractive feature in a woman. Especially an elderly woman.
 tangofish
Msg: 137
view profile
History
Posted: 12/15/2015 4:20:21 PM
I look like sh!t, but damnit, I write a good profile.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 138
Posted: 12/15/2015 4:37:40 PM
Someone who deletes others they disagree with is calling some else a coward?

Clearly irony impaired.
 jj21D
Msg: 139
Posted: 12/15/2015 4:41:44 PM

How ironic didn't see you complaining about the thread being of a bullying nature,coward.

To bully someone normally requires the "victim" to be aware that it's occurring.

cow·ard
ˈkou(ə)rd/
noun
a person who lacks the courage to do or endure dangerous or unpleasant things.

I believe the insult you're looking for is:
hyp·o·crite
ˈhipəˌkrit/Submit
noun
a person who indulges in hypocrisy.

hy·poc·ri·sy
həˈpäkrəsē/
noun
the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 140
Posted: 12/15/2015 4:46:36 PM
^^^This is why I'm such a fan of the Millennials.

Sorry about screwing everything up for you by the way. Hope you can fix it.
 jj21D
Msg: 141
Posted: 12/15/2015 4:56:17 PM

^^^This is why I'm such a fan of the Millennials.

Why? Is it because, instead of returning the insult I
countered with logic and did not return an insult? Is that somehow indicative of my generation?
Using knowledge?

It's not a bad thing to be smart.

(by the way, the term 'millennials' refers to a group of people born over a 20 year time span...you're literally talking about people that are 10-30 years old)
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 142
Posted: 12/15/2015 4:57:37 PM
Remember the parties when you were young that were basically open houses? And some prick would come along just ruining everything? Everybody would try to ignore him, which just made him more obnoxious.

Don't know why I flashed back on that.

Edit: I was being sincere in my compliment. I really liked your post.
 tangofish
Msg: 143
view profile
History
Posted: 12/15/2015 4:59:38 PM
The only way to be courageous, is to be yourself, and to be honest.

Comfort comes at a cost, we will defend our comfort zone to infinitum; and we will defend this at detriment to the most admirable virtues. Honesty, humility, honor, compassion, loyalty. These values will set you free, but require a great degree of courage, and resolve therein.

That is the source of what creates great character, and instills wisdom beyond what could otherwise be learned without adherence to the abovementioned principles.

If you want courage, do not ask it of others, but earn it yourself; and I assure you that once you achieve this, no bully will ever be able to break your spirit, you will achieve a mental strength beyond imaginative capacity.
 jj21D
Msg: 144
Posted: 12/15/2015 5:18:05 PM

I was being sincere in my compliment. I really liked your post.

In that case, I'm sorry.

I've...read alot in these forums...and observed a lot of verbal back lash toward the younger generations.

I guess I'm kind of on edge because I just started posting today and

like I said, some people can be pretty harsh.

The only way to be courageous, is to be yourself, and to be honest.

It's never that simple. It'd be nice if it was; but it isn't.

Everyone lies.
 tangofish
Msg: 145
view profile
History
Posted: 12/15/2015 5:31:32 PM
Adherence doesn't require perfection, you get out what you put in. The most important part is that you learn to be honest with yourself first, then the rest comes intuitively. Not at all easily, but intuitively nonetheless.

Also, everyone doing the same thing isn't an excuse to follow suit. If you want an advantage in life, be different.

Edit:

Kj521

I hear cougars do quite well if they incorporate bikini pictures. It'd be a lot easier than propositioning jj for networking a date.

kj521
Msg: 146
Posted: 12/15/2015 5:31:51 PM
"I've...read alot in these forums...and observed a lot of verbal back lash toward the younger generations.

I guess I'm kind of on edge because I just started posting today and

like I said, some people can be pretty harsh."

So sorry for that perception Mr. Jj. Let me me the first to welcome you.
Please feel free to tell your friends about this place....and their single fathers, perhaps? ;) ;)

***Sorry...sorry.....just trying to lighten things up. :/
 jj21D
Msg: 147
Posted: 12/15/2015 5:46:17 PM

Also, everyone doing the same thing isn't an excuse to follow suit. If you want an advantage in life, be different.

Math is my strong suit. I work in a bank. Conformity kind of goes with the territory.
I wish I could say that I was better than that, but...we all have flaws, right?

Please feel free to tell your friends about this place....and their single fathers, perhaps? ;) ;)

lol. My dad passed a few years back, sorry. As to friends: I have a few that I've seen on other OLD sites, but I doubt they'd ever come here with all the hostility. If they won't come here; I doubt they'd talk their parents into it. Sorry.

You're pretty, though, so I doubt you have real issues on here.
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 148
Posted: 12/15/2015 6:53:49 PM
"Bullying" is just a cute word for harassment, in my opinion.
 crookcatcher3
Msg: 149
Posted: 12/15/2015 6:59:49 PM
Ok...I'll probably regret this but things just aren't adding up here with Lucy and JjD...

Lucy about an hour ago in another thread you posted this..

Coward no wonder you were so scared to post for ages, yes I know you!!!!!!!

Then you posted this a few ago...

quite another to send me endless posts insulting me when I don't even know you and have never seen you post before.

So....what's up? You and the guy using Jj's profile have a history or what.

Newbie wouldn't be so proficient at quoting....certainly seems to have intimate knowledge of Mike's posting history though.

Regardless you kids have fun. :)
 kj521
Msg: 150
Posted: 12/15/2015 7:04:58 PM
Well Mr. Crook.....

In for a penny in for a pound....

Nothing ventured, nothing gained....

Fortune favors the bold....

And....

And....

Damn! Where's Joey for more useless confidence quotes! ;)
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Do more photogenically attractive users write better profiles?