Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Do more photogenically attractive users write better profiles?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 jj21D
Msg: 147
Does anyone care if the profile looks that hot?Page 7 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)

Also, everyone doing the same thing isn't an excuse to follow suit. If you want an advantage in life, be different.

Math is my strong suit. I work in a bank. Conformity kind of goes with the territory.
I wish I could say that I was better than that, but...we all have flaws, right?

Please feel free to tell your friends about this place....and their single fathers, perhaps? ;) ;)

lol. My dad passed a few years back, sorry. As to friends: I have a few that I've seen on other OLD sites, but I doubt they'd ever come here with all the hostility. If they won't come here; I doubt they'd talk their parents into it. Sorry.

You're pretty, though, so I doubt you have real issues on here.
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 148
Does anyone care if the profile looks that hot?
Posted: 12/15/2015 6:53:49 PM
"Bullying" is just a cute word for harassment, in my opinion.
 crookcatcher3
Msg: 149
Posted: 12/15/2015 6:59:49 PM
Ok...I'll probably regret this but things just aren't adding up here with Lucy and JjD...

Lucy about an hour ago in another thread you posted this..

Coward no wonder you were so scared to post for ages, yes I know you!!!!!!!

Then you posted this a few ago...

quite another to send me endless posts insulting me when I don't even know you and have never seen you post before.

So....what's up? You and the guy using Jj's profile have a history or what.

Newbie wouldn't be so proficient at quoting....certainly seems to have intimate knowledge of Mike's posting history though.

Regardless you kids have fun. :)
 kj521
Msg: 150
Posted: 12/15/2015 7:04:58 PM
Well Mr. Crook.....

In for a penny in for a pound....

Nothing ventured, nothing gained....

Fortune favors the bold....

And....

And....

Damn! Where's Joey for more useless confidence quotes! ;)
 crookcatcher3
Msg: 151
Posted: 12/15/2015 7:09:42 PM

Damn! Where's Joey for more useless confidence quotes! ;)

At the fire academy...just sayin..;)
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 152
Posted: 12/15/2015 7:28:17 PM
^ Poetic prose? Very raw, straight from the heart. Not everyone can convey that sort of passion.
 crookcatcher3
Msg: 153
Posted: 12/15/2015 7:32:01 PM

can see where you are coming from and do not regret asking a very good question as you are not being wicked just confused.

Not a problem. I apparently stay confused in the forums and while dancing. It's all good though.

You apparently are a person with strong convictions to your principals Lucy and I can appreciate that. Hard to find backbone anymore, too many try to play both sides at once and end up looking fairly pathetic, but you've seen that already.

Stay true to yourself alway's, but learn tolerance for which you may not agree. That's a work in progress for me as well. :)
 jj21D
Msg: 154
Posted: 12/15/2015 7:38:21 PM
Lucy
I see that you feel a certain way.

Earlier, you accused me of swearing at you, or some such, and that you feel I've somehow
isolated you.

I haven't written a single swear word here.

I have, however, targeted your rudeness, which has increased exponentially when directly addressed.

Endless:

end·less
'en(d)l?s/Submit
adjective
having or seeming to have no end or limit.

My "endless" posts...according to my history I've only replied to three threads.

And haven't double posted yet.
This is endless to you. Interesting.

Newbie wouldn't be so proficient at quoting

I'm not sure what this means?

Are you being sarcastic?

Anyone who's ever used a forum before can easily figure out how to quote.

[spoiler alert]It's written right below the subject line[/spoiler].

I have knowledge of your posting history as well. Mike was only around for 2 months. His history was relatively easy to parse.

I like clicking links.

I extend my eternal sincerity for sympathizing with a specific poster and being upset when he is apparently removed for no reason.
 tangofish
Msg: 155
view profile
History
Posted: 12/15/2015 10:45:06 PM
My philosophy is that everyone is equal, everyone has a right to express themselves, but nobody has a right to cause undue harm to others. When I was banned about a year ago, I knew who did it, (VK and curious) but I didn't come back and rip into them. I didn't celebrate the loss of VK, even though admittedly I was mildly amused at the irony.

Still, as much as I dislike VK, as often as I would disagree with her cynical attitude and self-righteous nature. I would much rather see her posts. Even if the post involved bragging about her seniority as a poster. I mean, hate em or love em - nobody deserves to be deleted. Everyone is an equal here, and when you silence and cast out members - you cause a great degree of undue harm.

You violate a constitutional right in the US. Easily the single most important rights we have that allows us to truly be free, is the ability to be free in our speech. And so what we have is oppression of speech, we have undue harm, we have our backs exposed, and as a community we are systematically stabbing and being stabbed in the back.

For what? Because feelings were hurt? Because someone said something that wasn't agreeable? Just know that these forums will fall, and with it we will lose our community. Everyone here is equal, everyone here has a right to express themselves.

If the people doing this can't get over themselves. Then we lose the forums, and if the idea of that brings a sense of victory. That might be something to take a personal look at, because there is nothing more cowardly. The act of dismantling a community for personal satisfaction. If that's the case, then I feel bad for anyone who would, how miserable and lonely a life they must lead.
 jj21D
Msg: 156
Posted: 12/16/2015 3:31:59 PM

If the people doing this can't get over themselves. Then we lose the forums, and if the idea of that brings a sense of victory. That might be something to take a personal look at, because there is nothing more cowardly.

However, those responsible will never accept their actions as un-just.

They probably believe they are enforcing some sort of "order".
 peterpancollar
Msg: 157
Posted: 12/17/2015 10:57:21 AM
There's a lot of tangents in this thread but I just wanted to respond to the OP's question by writing my opinion.

I think people do care up to a certain extent of how good looking the pictures are in the profile. But good looking is really subjective and depends on location, culture, etc. I see profiles that post a lot of pictures but doesn't really say anything in the profile, it makes me think either the person in the pictures didn't make the profile/ fake profile generated to appear like there's more active members on the site.

Most of the time, people who have a ton of "glam" pictures in their profiles look NOTHING like how they are in real life. I know. I go to school with a lot of them and I'm friends with them on Facebook and I see them post "hottie" selfies all the time but in real life, they're far from it.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 158
Posted: 12/17/2015 6:31:32 PM

Most of the time, people who have a ton of "glam" pictures in their profiles look NOTHING like how they are in real life. I know. I go to school with a lot of them and I'm friends with them on Facebook and I see them post "hottie" selfies all the time but in real life, they're far from it.

An excellent reason not to "obsess" about photos in profiles in order to judge whether or not to contact someone.
 Chromis1
Msg: 159
view profile
History
Posted: 12/17/2015 8:01:27 PM
Guess I'm a little behind on this thread.

You violate a constitutional right in the US. Easily the single most important rights we have that allows us to truly be free, is the ability to be free in our speech.

This is wrong. It is not possible for a private citizen to violate a Constitutional Right. Not the 1st Amendment, not the 5th, not any. Only the government can violate a Constitutional Right. Read the 1st Amendment, please.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Just a pet peeve of mine.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 160
Posted: 12/17/2015 8:13:41 PM
Back when mods deleted posts we saw this argument all the time. Somehow their right to free expression was being violated if they couldn't say anything they wanted.
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 161
Posted: 12/17/2015 8:55:46 PM
Right, right. You're bloody well right
You've got a bloody right to say
Right, right. You're bloody well right
You know you got a right to say

Clearly you guys are wrong. Not sure where you get your information from.
 Chromis1
Msg: 162
view profile
History
Posted: 12/17/2015 9:01:20 PM
My apologies! I forgot that Supertramp trumps.
 ShowboatSupreme
Msg: 163
Posted: 12/17/2015 9:01:28 PM
I approach dating without the constitution or the church.

YMMV
 Chromis1
Msg: 164
view profile
History
Posted: 12/17/2015 9:28:10 PM
^^^^^ Then y0u're dropping the ball.

Dating can be so much more fun when you can prove that "x" isn't, after all, an Unreasonable Search and Seizure.

Not long after this follows the discovery of what it is, exactly, that constitutes Cruel and Unusual Punishment.
 ShowboatSupreme
Msg: 165
Posted: 12/17/2015 9:37:05 PM
^^^
You're a classy guy. I like you.

Engineers and attorneys.

Ions and character dissectors.

Peaches and oranges. Shades of...Gray.

Keep on truckin' :)
 tangofish
Msg: 166
view profile
History
Posted: 12/17/2015 9:37:39 PM
Chromis1

I'm not saying that they represent government or institution. I'm saying that as a citizen they're violating the constitutional right of free speech. Did I also mention that there would be legal ramifications? Did I say that the supreme court will get involved? No, I did not.

What I meant, is that they violate the spirit of what is protected by the constitution.

I bet you got a hardon thinking you were correcting me too. Sorry, but I do well in political science.
 Chromis1
Msg: 167
view profile
History
Posted: 12/17/2015 9:41:29 PM

What I meant, is that they violate the spirit of what is protected by the constitution.

Then you should have said what you meant.

I bet you got a hardon thinking you were correcting me too. Sorry, but I do well in political science.

Uh-huh. That was my major.

What you said was incorrect.
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 168
Posted: 12/17/2015 9:44:31 PM
The sexual tension around here is almost unbearable. He's too young for you!
 Chromis1
Msg: 169
view profile
History
Posted: 12/17/2015 9:47:22 PM
^^^^ You crack me up. :)

tangofish
Msg: 170
view profile
History
Posted: 12/17/2015 10:01:33 PM
I'm not going to argue semantics with you chromis, you can be pretentious if you want. But you're not going to derail the moral of my post.
 Chromis1
Msg: 171
view profile
History
Posted: 12/17/2015 10:25:18 PM
Then redacted.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Do more photogenically attractive users write better profiles?