Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Getting a girl for free rent?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Dee4166
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Getting a girl for free rent?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
^^^^^^^

LOL

Well I guess he must be wearing a tin foil hat...so not too subtle...

Not sure we need to keep this on the QT.....

lmao
 clooneystutor
Msg: 27
Getting a girl for free rent?
Posted: 6/3/2015 3:59:11 PM
If you do find an attractive maid, will dinner be ready when you get home from your other dating fiascos?

Will this lucky renter be aware of how legendary you are ?

What type of security deposit are you expecting?
 Tarnished_Knight
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 6/3/2015 5:17:01 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Can't be a pod person: he's smiling; and

not smart enough.

TK
[saw all the movies]
 kj521
Msg: 29
Posted: 6/3/2015 5:26:14 PM
What TK?

Are you sure? Stepford?? No? I am at a loss. :/
 sigungq
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 6/3/2015 6:12:05 PM

PofLegend in his own mind wrote:

Where I live in Vancouver a common practice that is upheld here by condo and house owners is to share their house/room with a woman in exchange for a certain "understanding".

Vancouver being a major city, and housing here almost unaffordable women must make a choice between trying to survive here and make it in this city and thus making sacrifices such as saving potentially thousands of dollars in rent every month in exchanging of putting out for the house owner but living there free.

One of my friends has just recently bought an apartment and has said there are dozens of offers like that on Craigslist which go answered everyday, is this a new phenomena? Have you heard of this before, if so what are your thoughts on free rent in exchange for favors for the owner?

Down here in the USA, we have a word that accurately describes this activity. It also now answers how you have gotten all those "girl friends"...........
 Ladyinred4755
Msg: 31
Posted: 6/3/2015 6:36:21 PM
"Is it OK for a guy to CRY, (to a married woman) if she doesn't pay the RENT????"
Thank you Lilimarleen, LOL I couldn't help the slight addition!
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 6/3/2015 6:43:24 PM
Would I screw some owner for rent each week?? Depends on whether it is a penthouse and depends on how attractive he is. How often he wants those favours. Maybe..... Smarter girls get the guy to set her up in her own apartment for sexual favours but only if she is really hot, I guess and he is maybe not.....
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 6/3/2015 6:46:36 PM
Now Clooneys don't encourage him lol! I doubt he is the owner of anything. It is purely hypothetical.
 Eternitygracesme
Msg: 34
Posted: 6/4/2015 4:20:33 AM
It's quite a thing in the US, too: it's called "couch surfing" and it seems that POF "broken bottles" prefer the free bread -n- breakfast arrangement -- without a spoken understanding and good sex, to boot.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 35
Posted: 6/4/2015 6:52:47 AM
It's called rent to own.
 kayla_58
Msg: 36
Posted: 6/4/2015 7:33:56 AM
Nevermind ...
 clooneystutor
Msg: 37
Posted: 6/4/2015 7:38:30 AM
Well, if a hawt gal puts me up in an apartment for favors in lieu of rent, I'll feel obliged to at least help her with her hotspot...
 Maleman999
Msg: 38
Posted: 6/4/2015 8:03:13 AM
^^^Agree with you Clooney. Where are the women who are always demanding equal rights? I think I could tolerate free living for sexual favors.
 kj521
Msg: 39
Posted: 6/4/2015 11:37:27 AM
Well Mr. Maleman....one must first determine the value of the services being offered.

I'll tell you what....you can send me your resume, photos or video and I will be happy to help you develop a marketing plan...won't even charge a consulting fee. ;)
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2015 11:55:19 AM
I used to sing "Oh Lord wont you buy me a Mercedes Benz", but he told me to get a job in this really loud scary booming voice .

I should have sung "Oh Craig................" Oh Oh Craig
 dragonbytes
Msg: 41
Posted: 6/4/2015 12:33:19 PM

It's called rent to own. .

This whole arrangement sounds a lot like common law marriage. If the women later claims you were both cohabiting and you were providing financial support, then when she moves out she could claim for financial support and division of property and debts after separation.

The guy would be hard to prove this wasn't the case. So the woman could end up owning 50% of the condo/home.
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 42
Posted: 6/4/2015 1:03:42 PM
In NYC, there are a lot of people who live rent free due to exchanging services for such.

For example, if you own a house or houses, and you are not around because you live far away, you usually enter an agreement with someone, to either live on the basement apartment (if there is one), or ground floor. This person would make sure to recycle, dispose of trash appropriately, shovel snow, mow the lawn, take care of minor repairs in the house as a whole, and be the liason between the owner of the house and the tenants. This person or family pays no rent (just utilities), for taking care of the house in the owner's absence.

Another example is the many wealthy people who live in Manhattan but only live in their property when they visit, leaving the property vacant for months, years, etc. They still need someone to come dust, check the mail, make sure no one breaks in, and just appear to be present to shoo away anyone who thinks the property is vacant. That person usually lives on the property rent-free and is paid for taking care of the property.

There's also sub-letting. There are people who rent various apartments (likely because they are holding on to benefits like rent-stabilze, low-income housing, section8 etc), so the one they don't want to live in, they rent each bedroom, and usually one of them does not pay rent to look over the apartment.

All in all, there is no need to get a girl for free rent, there are many ways to help yourself without having to share your body with someone. Not that I have anything against that, but the common law thing does set in after some time, and that's a sticky situation to be in. There's also "squatter house" rules, you can't throw someone out if they can prove they live there, you have to give them a period of time to move out, and it is really difficult to get them out, and they can end up claiming ownership in some way.
 sealady111
Msg: 43
Posted: 6/4/2015 5:22:05 PM
As Eric and some other have said.
This is very normal.

Here in Australia it is young hot stud men offering their bodies to drooling, old fat women or men in exchange for food and board.
They also do housework dressed only in a glittery and lit up g string.
Cleaning the pool is done naked.

You are thrown out on the street after 5 1/2 months to avoid any claim on property.
Then a new hot young stud moves in.

Is this what you meant?

(She winks just in case trans Pacific humour does not translate)
 PenelopeLeChat
Msg: 44
Posted: 6/5/2015 4:13:24 PM
^^^^ sealady, I am curious whose responsibility is it to provide the sun screen and maintain it's application schedule? I mean we must protect our "investment". ;^P

Le Pew
 Running_Mom_70
Msg: 45
Posted: 6/5/2015 6:18:47 PM
Dang SeaLady, I so has to move to the mainland... you got cool perks up there ;-)
 RoseLover1122
Msg: 46
Posted: 6/28/2015 6:50:42 PM
IMO, the secret code called either a mistress or a concubine.
 Peas_
Msg: 47
Posted: 6/28/2015 8:18:19 PM

One of my friends has just recently bought an apartment and has said there are dozens of offers like that on Craigslist which go answered everyday,....

I'm too lazy to use my database skills. Will you provide a credible citing to the reference material you are speaking about?
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 6/29/2015 12:42:17 AM
lilimarleen

You are a riot!! Love it..
 VolkanoKing
Msg: 49
Posted: 6/29/2015 12:47:35 AM
For a guy who claims to have dated over 300 women, the OP continually comes on here asking questions that sound ignorant, immature and from someone *vastly inexperienced*.
 J3LV3HL_WV3JP
Msg: 50
Posted: 7/1/2015 3:09:31 PM
I've seen ads in my area like this. Most get reposted several dozen times. I'm betting they don't get any takers.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Getting a girl for free rent?