Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Affairs: Would you ever get together with a married person?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 kayla_58
Msg: 51
Affairs: Would you ever get together with a married person?Page 3 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
Subject: Do women run the show early in the relationship? If so how do men feel about it?

I am not a "beta" male I am one of the top daters in POF history, been here for 10 years, dated around 200-300 women on this site, had several long term relationships. Can write a book on dating and relating.

Yes in my 15 years of so dating I had the pleasure of being in 4 long term relationships that took up 13 of those 15 years.

In the years I am single I usually go on 2-3 dates a week consistently, 90% of those dates end up in a hook up of one degree or another, or the possibility of more. I feel quite accomplished in my online dating abilities, however as a result of my whole life being dedicated to dating and hooking up with women I have neglected a lot of other things in my life.

Such as friends, hobbies, interests.. At 31 I can see how detrimental it is now, and how a woman can see right through you if you make your self too available, I totally get it.

The stories I share on here I draw back from my 10 years of dating experience with hundreds of women, I have a lot to share and will be posting them as I go.

Where's the emoticon with a noose around the neck?

Hearton64
Msg: 52
Affairs: Would you ever get together with a married person?
Posted: 6/4/2015 2:51:47 PM

It was not my plan to go into detail yet again as
I have posted several accounts of past events.
But apparently either you don't remember
what was stated, you weren't around for
those postings, or the postings may have
been deleted. I will do my best to keep it brief,
but also to clarify.

I did not know your story. But I can appreciate
you reliving it for my sake.Also, your ability to accept
some responsibility. It takes two to make or break
any relationship.

Your comments about "when the money runs out
so do the wives" was a generalization tho.
It's never just one thing that causes someone to fall out of love.
It's an accumulation of disappointments.

But most marital problems stem from money ,emotional
Unavailability or sex issues and there's not a 50/50 risk
of divorce because marriage is easy!

And I know all about the type of guy that helped her exit
and left her hanging.

Long story but yeah....castration would be too good for
those types.

I'm sorry she didn't have the courage to be honest.
 mjinict
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2015 2:54:30 PM
I remember when I was dating a guy several years back whose brother left his wife and 2 preteen daughters to marry someone else, and moved to a different state. I was always impressed by how classy she handled it for the good of her girls. Probably a different story behind closed doors.
 JoeBnD
Msg: 54
Posted: 6/4/2015 3:05:25 PM

Your comments about "when the money runs out so do the wives" was a generalization tho.

No, just a very common story. One that I qualified with "as many men would attest", thus making it ineligible for generalization status.

And I know all about the type of guy that helped her exit and left her hanging.

Oh he didn't leave her hanging. She booted him either because she found out what he was doing (stay and a lay) or she found out how small his salary was (my guess). But not before he bought her a brand new lawn mower. The guy she is with now is a high ranking fire fighter (possibly retired) with a big fat pension; she would accept nothing less. He just happens to be a great guy (no justice or karma).

I'm sorry she didn't have the courage to be honest.

I am too, and thank you.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 55
Posted: 6/4/2015 3:21:14 PM
As long as we continue to get new hilarious installments fabricated by POFLegend daily, everything will be fine!
 daynadaze
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2015 4:16:19 PM
I don't know if your wife had a reason to flee or not, I'm saying that often wives or husbands do flee because there is a lot more going on with the type of person who would kill someone over a bad marriage. And I really don't care how many women you think would fall for just this kind of guy, like many women I see BS when I see it, and I'm not flattered by BSers in the least and even in my most screwy days of being a wreck, I still knew a BSer when I was talking to one. So please just stop with the crap about all women running when the money runs out, they don't, in fact most people don't date or marry people with a lot of money, most people are not in the well-to-do class, most marriages, good or bad, are happening in the middle class and lower. So this hate and need to call women gold diggers or worse, because you happened to marry one, is ridiculous. I do not blame the men I married or dated for my choices and for my issues, what else was I going to attached when I was so messed up myself? What changed was when I realized I was responsible for my choices, killing someone else thinking they ruined my life would have been a sure sign I needed help in readjusting my stinking thinking. And I certainly never thought I was great and they were bad, and all men must be bad and they must be out to get me... because I had put myself at that level, men did not put me there. Let it go.
 ThePig0fYourDreams
Msg: 57
Posted: 6/4/2015 5:03:28 PM

unfaithful? haven't seen it.

Look for the steamy scenes with Diane Lane on Youtube. Some of the most inspirational acting ever caught on film.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2015 5:12:53 PM
POFlegend

Please do share your stories, true, fabricated or exaggerated. Does not matter. It gives us some fodder for general comments on our own life experiences.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2015 5:22:24 PM
thepig

Off topic
You are one of the more attractive/photogenic looking guys on the forum. I enjoy your quirky Aquarian profile as well
Alas my phone number starts with a 4 and...... Sascha is a favourite name of mine. I dont like bad language, even written. I am not of your demographic either. So we are not a match.... What a shame. lol!!!
 ThePig0fYourDreams
Msg: 60
Posted: 6/4/2015 6:03:01 PM

thepig

Off topic
You are one of the more attractive/photogenic looking guys on the forum. I enjoy your quirky Aquarian profile as well

Well, thank you.

I dont like bad language, even written.

Yeah, I hate that shit, too.

Oh, and as for the topic, unfortunately, I have been with a married woman. I was 27 and she was 39. I didn't know she was married until she flat out told me one day. I saw no signs nor did I have any suspicions whatsoever beforehand.
 JoeBnD
Msg: 61
Posted: 6/4/2015 7:51:12 PM

This was apparently what she felt as well, and as many men would attest, when the money runs out so does the wife.

One that I qualified with "as many men would attest", thus making it ineligible for generalization status.

and

I'm saying that often wives or husbands do flee

So please just stop with the crap about all women running when the money runs out...

So, I should now be able ignore any qualifying statements (indicated in bold above) that you make and twist your statement into all wives or husbands flee. This is what you did. Just like others twist a man not wanting to pay for endless dinners into they won't even pay for a $2 coffee.

Let it go.

Yeah, right. Meaningful advice.
 Bachelorette.Number1
Msg: 62
Posted: 6/4/2015 10:06:24 PM
I can honestly say I would definitely not get together with a married person.

And you sure have your share of drama going on there. I can honestly say I'm tired of drama.
 daynadaze
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2015 10:25:08 PM
Out of context much? Try to twist it around? Who are you trying to fool?
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2015 10:29:19 PM
I have also been with a guy who was living with another woman for years. I fell in love almost instantly and it caused a lot of angst for both of us as he couldn't choose between us and really wanted us both. I eventually walked away, heartbroken and all but got over it. There were no children to that partnership and that is where I would definitely draw the line to getting involved.
I have had opportunities to be with married men, who hasn't?? They are easy to get for a bit on the side. Some couples turn a blind eye to extra marital activities and stay together for other reasons. So it depends on the situation how immoral or whatever it may be.
It can be a dangerous game to play and perhaps that is part of the attraction. The taboo and living on the edge adds to the illicit thrill. It is also an alternative for those who really don't want a committed everyday sort of relationship.
 Walts
Msg: 65
Posted: 6/5/2015 4:00:26 AM

Would you ever get together with a married person?

All relative to how hot the other half of the marriage is, and if he/she is going to be part of the party. It probably would also matter how "together" we are going to end up being by the time the sun starts to rise.
 deetristate
Msg: 66
Posted: 6/5/2015 5:41:50 AM
Sometimes it is only one person who ends a marriage. Sometimes. I have known and know people who admit,too late,that the person they ended it with was not as bad as they convinced themselves the person was (nor the situation). Too many marriages,good solid marriages, last 50-60 years and you know it was not choirs singing , rainbows and unicorns and a goose with golden eggs the entire time,constantly.

To the OP, no never. Why bother?
 south_city
Msg: 67
Posted: 6/5/2015 6:50:29 AM
Yes. But it was with women that were in open relationships.
 Maleman999
Msg: 68
Posted: 6/5/2015 7:33:34 AM

Yes. But it was with women that were in open relationships.

Did the husbands know they were in an open relationship?
 cooldog65
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 6/5/2015 7:39:14 AM
I definitely wouldn't do it now, but I can't erase my past. I have been with a few married women back when I was 25-38 years old.
 ThePig0fYourDreams
Msg: 70
Posted: 6/5/2015 7:55:47 AM

I definitely wouldn't do it now, but I can't erase my past. I have been with a few married women back when I was 25-38 years old.

You know, if you ever married Marilyn McCoo, she could go by "Marilyn McCooldog".

bahaha. I just kill me.
 cooldog65
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 6/5/2015 8:04:50 AM
ThePigOfYourDreams...
You know, if you ever married Marilyn McCoo, she could go by "Marilyn McCooldog".

She's been married since 1969. I would have to invent time travel to change that. I am seeing Florence LaRue in concert tomorrow night.

Marilyn and Florence are both very attractive 71 year olds.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 72
Posted: 6/5/2015 8:05:33 AM
^^^

Now that is funny!
You know that CoolDog65 would gently treat the new Mrs. Marilyn McCooldog like a precious diamond, too!

CharminC
Msg: 73
Posted: 6/5/2015 8:48:56 AM
Marilyn and Florence are both very attractive 71 year olds.

Check out Cicely Tyson for another beauty at 70. Jane Fonda and my idol Lily Tomlin on Grace & Frankie (netflix). My god, they give me hope for the golden years. I think it's damn fantastic how they hold up and flaunt it !!!

re: topic... never. I'm selfish.
I prefer to hog one man and one man only all to myself, no matter what the deal is between him and I.
 xlr8ingme
Msg: 74
Posted: 6/5/2015 10:08:52 AM
Having an affair is lying to your life partner, and breaking the bonds of trust created. Even those in open relationships do not wish to be lied to. I certainly would not get involved with anyone else in any kind of a relationship, let alone marriage.
 south_city
Msg: 75
Posted: 6/5/2015 6:56:19 PM

Did the husbands know they were in an open relationship?

Yes. I talked to the husbands about it. Sometimes I had a MFM with these couples.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Affairs: Would you ever get together with a married person?