Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Caitlin Jenning      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 HFX_RGB2
Msg: 26
Caitlyn JennerPage 2 of 35    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35)

Or he may simply be suffering from a Mental Disorder.

Or maybe you have no clue what you are talking about.

In related news:

Jon Stewart - Caitlyn Jenner "Welcome to being a woman in America"
JoshKeep

Jon Stewart - Caitlyn Jenner "Welcome to being a woman in America"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lE2_4yt0Aow
 import_from_uk
Msg: 27
Caitlyn Jenner
Posted: 6/4/2015 8:29:53 AM
I think it must be incredibly difficult and sad to feel that you can't identify with yourself. I think it must be very isolating and lonely to believe that you have been born and labelled one gender when you feel more like the other. I think if you've lived for years not truly feeling like you fit with yourself let alone your wider community, then it must be very hard to finally admit to yourself or your family that you are going to make such a huge change.

This is a massive decision for anyone and going through this change as a celebrity must be additionally hard as the World watches and debates and critiques a very personal choice and path. I'm not a fan of hers or her family but as a human being, I hope she finally gets from this change what she's seeking. To have lived over 60 years with this internal conflict, I think she deserves to live the rest of it as she wishes and being comfortable in herself.

I have no direct experience with anyone whose had to travel this path but I hope that if I did, I'd be fully supportive of them pursuing whatever they need to be happy. Life's to short not to be happy.
 chameleonf
Msg: 28
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 6/4/2015 8:56:27 AM

the first time they put his transformed photo on the tv in that dress my penis contracted into my body like a scared turtle.
his situation and transformation from a manly Olympian gives me major cold water shrinkage.

That's perfectly fine, because she didn't transition to give you or anyone else a woody. I find it commendable that she has the intestinal fortitude that, while she is going through this, she has the mindset that because of her public profile she can attempt to bring peace to others who are in the same position as a motivational speaker, and at the same time "attempt" to bring understanding to people who otherwise believe it's just a kink that someone has. That she happens to be in a position to make money at the same time, so what? Everyone makes money in one way or another. Perhaps it's just the amount that makes people envious.
 etourdi65
Msg: 29
Caitlyn Jenner
Posted: 6/4/2015 9:23:57 AM

Dr. Paul R. McHugh, the former psychiatrist-in-chief for Johns Hopkins Hospital and its current Distinguished Service Professor of Psychiatry, said that transgenderism is a “mental disorder” that merits treatment, that sex change is “biologically impossible,” and that people who promote sexual reassignment surgery are collaborating with and promoting a mental disorder

Or maybe you have no clue what you are talking about.
what is more likely is that Trangender advocacy groups put pressure on the APA to reclassify Transexuality just like they did with Homosexuality based on no new conclusive studies showing that either one is 100 genetic. and once again the APA caved.
 chameleonf
Msg: 30
Caitlyn Jenner
Posted: 6/4/2015 9:42:25 AM

Dr. Paul R. McHugh, the former psychiatrist-in-chief for Johns Hopkins Hospital and its current Distinguished Service Professor of Psychiatry, said that transgenderism is a “mental disorder” that merits treatment, that sex change is “biologically impossible,” and that people who promote sexual reassignment surgery are collaborating with and promoting a mental disorder

Of course he would say that, he's a psychiatrist, not a geneticist. It's his "opinion" and he has no scientific evidence to back up his claim. It would be like saying that you're a psychiatrist because you have an opinion, and I don't see where that's likely.
 HFX_RGB2
Msg: 31
Caitlyn Jenner
Posted: 6/4/2015 9:48:28 AM

what is more likely is that Trangender advocacy groups put pressure on the APA to reclassify Transexuality just like they did with Homosexuality based on no new conclusive studies showing that either one is 100 genetic. and once again the APA caved.

Yep, just like how the government of the United States of America caved when it said that if you are black you should enjoy the same freedoms as everyone else.

Because we all know that it was pressure put on them by advocacy groups and a like that made it happen, and those people who opposed it will be judged in the same way as people who oppose equal rights for gay and transgendered people today.

So stand up and wear that label proud.
 deetristate
Msg: 32
Caitlyn Jenner
Posted: 6/4/2015 9:53:23 AM
Jerome"s law-As an online discussion grows, the probability of a comparison involving black people approaches 1.

Let the ad hominem begin . . .
 chameleonf
Msg: 33
Caitlyn Jenner
Posted: 6/4/2015 10:11:19 AM

Jerome"s law-As an online discussion grows, the probability of a comparison involving black people approaches 1.Let the ad hominem begin . . .

What?...then you must agree with the unfounded psychiatric belief not so long ago that being black automatically rendered one to hold lower IQ than being white? Would you prefer that belief to still hold true? I believe all that was being stated by HFX with the reference to blacks was that society has and continues to evolve in their beliefs about different segments of the population, and have become more accepting and inclusive because of it - in this case, it's about transgenderism.
 deetristate
Msg: 34
Caitlyn Jenner
Posted: 6/4/2015 10:18:00 AM
Actually comparable
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5567150

He covers all. Nice chatting with you.
 motowncowgirl
Msg: 35
Caitlyn Jenner
Posted: 6/4/2015 10:31:26 AM

Dr. Paul R. McHugh

.... is a conservative catholic, so of course one would not be surprised that his clinical opinions are formed to support his pre-existing prejudice/perceptual bias. McHugh also sits on the advisory board for the false memory syndrome foundation, an organization established specifically to spread the idea that victims of sexual abuse (particularly children) are 'making things up' when 'falsely remembering' their own abuse. how convenient is that for the catholic church?
 CharminC
Msg: 36
Caitlyn Jenner
Posted: 6/4/2015 10:32:46 AM

That's perfectly fine, because she didn't transition to give you or anyone else a woody. I find it commendable that she has the intestinal fortitude that, while she is going through this, she has the mindset that because of her public profile she can attempt to bring peace to others who are in the same position as a motivational speaker, and at the same time "attempt" to bring understanding to people who otherwise believe it's just a kink that someone has. That she happens to be in a position to make money at the same time, so what? Everyone makes money in one way or another. Perhaps it's just the amount that makes people envious.

or because of the attention she is getting or the fact she's (formerly) part of the Kardasian clan. Ridiculous really.
I was supportive of her transformation while discussing it with my personal friends. I was horrified to hear them say they thought she is ugly (their true colors showed). Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever heard them say they've been to a pride parade or be supportive of any lgbt movement. Oh well, at least I am. That's all that matters ......to me.
To argue is pointless (bringing up any statistic, survey or 'expert' opinion don't matter) because everyone has a right to their opinion unless Ms. C.J is personally harmed. Just my humble .02
 HFX_RGB2
Msg: 37
Caitlyn Jenner
Posted: 6/4/2015 10:54:33 AM

Actually comparable
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5567150

He covers all. Nice chatting with you.

Can we assume you are saying that, because if you had to stick around and actually defend your derp you may be proven wrong?

From the story you posted:

...This is not to say that racism and homophobia are both not horrific offenses that should be corrected. But I am saying that to not recognize the historical context that the former have is like comparing the Holocaust to a campus shooting. It's just not accurate in scope and quite frankly unnecessary...

So when you understand that he is saying the two are equal (with regards to possible outcomes, you get killed because of the way you are), you will be on your way to understanding, unless that is if you think the victim of a campus shooting deserve less respect than a victim of the holocaust you are either a homophobe or rather simple.
 shirleywonton01
Msg: 38
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 6/4/2015 11:00:04 AM

Please don't present yourself as speaking on behalf of all heterosexuals.

If you are straight, ask your partner or next partner what his instincts tell him when confronted with a sex changed person. Ask most people you know if a sex change is sexy or bizarre, setting aside all politically correct agendas. Even the gays will chime in with bizarre, most think it's a bit much as well.

His t.v. interviews are disgusting when I think of the grief it causes for his children and grandchildren not to mention his ex wives. This is nothing more than very dirty laundry of a self-centered confused and most likely mentally ill person hung out to dry on international media for all the liberal sheeple to prove how open-minded and cool they wannabe, with their thumbs held up high. And again at the expense of their children and grandchildren.
 chameleonf
Msg: 39
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 6/4/2015 11:22:47 AM

If you are straight, ask your partner or next partner what his instincts tell him when confronted with a sex changed person.

Confronted with a sex changed person? Seriously? Like transgendered individuals throw themselves in front of people and are aggressive, argumentative and challenging? It seems to me more like the other way around - that people such as yourself would confront a transgendered individual and be aggressive, argumentative and challenging because of your self-described disgust.

Ask most people you know if a sex change is sexy or bizarre, setting aside all politically correct agendas. Even the gays will chime in with bizarre, most think it's a bit much as well.

You don't have to be transgendered to not be thought of as sexy or bizarre. Chances are you aren't transgendered and I have no doubt there are people who don't find you sexy and find you bizarre. The transgendered aren't asking you, personally, to find them that way. ...and I see you speak for most gays, being such a supporter as you are of gays.

His t.v. interviews are disgusting when I think of the grief it causes for his children and grandchildren not to mention his ex wives.

Strangely enough, his children and other ex-wives are extremely supportive. Why wouldn't they be? I'm betting all kinds of things that non-transgendered people do impact their spouses, children and grandchildren. They deal with it and often come out stronger and better people because of it because they understand it's not all about them but the person actually going through it.
 Hearton64
Msg: 40
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 6/4/2015 11:40:42 AM

what is more likely is that Trangender advocacy groups put
pressure on the APA to reclassify Transexuality just like
they did with Homosexuality based on no new conclusive
studies showing that either one is 100 genetic.
and once again the APA caved.

Yeah because homosexuality is just another mental disorder???

What's your beef anyways?

Do these people somehow threaten your existance
in any way?

What's most likely happened thru the generations
this has happened to babies before they were born
is that they were seen as religious abominations
and cast off as made of the devil and that stigma, albeit
completely off base,was created by religious conservatives who
labeled them as having mental illness when in reality
They didn't.If anyone can be labeled as having a mental
illness s it's those who talk to themselves and claim
there's someone in the sky listening.

It's not classified as 100% genetic.
It's an anomaly that occurs during a hormonal wash stage
In the womb.Its not genetic at all.its just off timing.

It's also been changed from Gender Identity Disorder
Which was used by conservatives to insinuate mental illness
to Gender Dysphoria which makes it about the feeling
of unhappiness and confusion in having a body,brain and sexual
orientation that is non conforming to the individual
and society.

Why not consider it the medical issue that it is
and accept that they are people deserving of medical
Care and consideration from us all?
 shirleywonton01
Msg: 41
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 6/4/2015 11:43:47 AM

Confronted with a sex changed person? Seriously? Like transgendered individuals throw themselves in front of people and are aggressive, argumentative and challenging?

Confront derives from the Latin con- "with" and -front "front." You can confront a sad truth, you can confront a person by calling them on their behavior, you can confront someone with the fact that they have terrible breath. You can be confronted, too—on the trip through the mountains, we were confronted by the impassibility of the road.
-vocabulary.com

Maybe it's time to brush up on your use of the English language or perhaps to choose not to intentionally misconstrue woods for manipulation in a conversation. Ya know kinda like what an unscrupulous attorney does?

Sex change is creepy, live in your p.c denial all you want, I've never met a man from any walk of life who was not shocked and disgusted upon being approached/confronted by a sex changed person.
 Hearton64
Msg: 42
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 6/4/2015 11:53:13 AM

His t.v. interviews are disgusting when I think of the grief it causes for his children and grandchildren not to mention his ex wives. This is nothing more than very dirty laundry of a self-centered confused and most likely mentally ill person hung out to dry on international media for all the liberal sheeple to prove how open-minded and cool they wannabe, with their thumbs held up high. And again at the expense of their children and grandchildren.

And what's your agenda?

Obviously you're the exact opposite.

HER interviews are far from disgusting
and if people like yourself hadn't shamed
people like her into the closet her entire life
SHE could have been lived in honesty and those wives
and kids and grandkids wouldn't even exist.

SHE knew there would be judgement like yours
and yet she still chose to come out on tv and put
herself in harms way hoping to shed light, not more darkness,
On transgenderism.

Why not take your bigoted,closed minded,conservative
Unsexy self to a higher plane.

The air is much cleaner up here!
 deetristate
Msg: 43
Caitlyn Jenner
Posted: 6/4/2015 12:11:10 PM
I suggest that anyone who wants to know what the man wrote in Huffington Post read the actual article in its entirety. Takes five minutes or less. If you really want to know.
I bid you adeiu. You can't teach an old dog new tricks, "Never argue with . ." -Twain, etc,etc.
Don't want to waste the calories.
Have a good day.
 chameleonf
Msg: 44
Caitlyn Jenner
Posted: 6/4/2015 12:17:45 PM

Sex change is creepy, live in your p.c denial all you want, I've never met a man from any walk of life who was not shocked and disgusted upon being approached/confronted by a sex changed person.

My opinions and empathy for people have nothing to do with political correctness but more with understanding that all people don't fit into a box of perfection from birth. Most people are afraid of (find creepy) what they fail to understand.

So what if a man is shocked and disgusted if he is approached/confronted (no matter what twist of the definition you choose to use) by a sex changed person. What's he afraid of? That the proximity will rub off on him? If he's hit on by one who has transgendered to female is there any difference in being hit on by someone else born female that he has no interest in?

I would imagine any number of other maladies that people are born with creep you out as well because of your lack of understanding, knowledge and empathy. I would say that's your problem and would hope you would, at the very least, not go beyond your creep factor and make it their problem too by harming someone with your words or actions because of said lack of understanding, knowledge and empathy, ya know, like typical bullies do.
 shirleywonton01
Msg: 45
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 6/4/2015 12:23:12 PM

Why not take your bigoted,closed minded,conservative
Unsexy self to a higher plane.

The air is much cleaner up here!

I just read an article about denial, and some speculation there is a correlation btwn those who have lived in denial and developing dementia. To say that disturbing debacle on t.v. is not traumatizing to his children and grandchildren, and is not disturbing to society is blatant denial.

Being politically correct is one of the strangest forms of brainwashing known to humans. Disgusting mental illness taking the form severe irreparable bodily mutilation is just what it is and stands alone. Rationalizing it is also a form of cultural mental illness.
 daynadaze
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 6/4/2015 12:36:09 PM
There's no bottom to hate inside bigotry and it infects deeply.
 import_from_uk
Msg: 47
Caitlyn Jenner
Posted: 6/4/2015 12:48:03 PM

I suggest that anyone who wants to know what the man wrote in Huffington Post read the actual article in its entirety. Takes five minutes or less. If you really want to know.

Says the woman who previously posted an article that she hadn't read to justify her bigotry and was shamed.

I bid you adeiu.

Again? You kept threatening to go and yet you are still here. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks,

As you've repeatedly shown by your refusal to consider new (to you) information.

"Never argue with . ." -Twain, etc,etc.
Don't want to waste the calories.
Have a good day.

See your drivel continue in a few mins. You just can't help yourself.
 tgif333
Msg: 48
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 6/4/2015 12:53:12 PM
this is just the left's way of redefining what is normal.

as we write California is voting to include illegal aliens in Obama(doesn't)Care.

they want normal to be transformed into abnormal so that liberalism becomes the norm and Christian conservatism is considered outre'.

I won't watch Bruce's show. too weird for me.

it's the Kardashian Society of low information voters way of dumbing down America.

15 year old girls having babies? great, throw them a baby shower and pat them on the back for having sex and getting a government check.

what's disgusting is bigotry and intelligence being mutually inclusive
vvv
I can think of a lot more things that are more disgusting then bigotry.
 _babblefish
Msg: 49
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 6/4/2015 1:04:24 PM

this is just the left's way of redefining what is normal.
as we write California is voting to include illegal aliens in Obama(doesn't)Care.
they want normal to be transformed into abnormal so that liberalism becomes the norm and Christian conservatism is considered outre'.
I won't watch Bruce's show. too weird for me.

says the man who deposits his union pension every month

just read an article about denial, and some speculation there is a correlation btwn those who have lived in denial and developing dementia. To say that disturbing debacle on t.v. is not traumatizing to his children and grandchildren, and is not disturbing to society is blatant denial.

Being politically correct is one of the strangest forms of brainwashing known to humans. Disgusting mental illness taking the form severe irreparable bodily mutilation is just what it is and stands alone. Rationalizing it is also a form of cultural mental illness.

what's disgusting is bigotry and intelligence being mutually inclusive
 Hearton64
Msg: 50
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 6/4/2015 1:23:08 PM

I just read an article about denial, and some speculation there is a correlation btwn those who have lived in denial and developing dementia.
To say that disturbing debacle on t.v. is not traumatizing to his children and grandchildren, and is not disturbing to society is blatant denial.

HAHA! Nice try!

Did you happen to know that Kaitlyn is a Christian republican???

Ohhh ...the irony!

His children are all adults shy of one 17 year old.
They completely support her transition and are anything
but traumatized!

So stop projecting your issues onto them.

How about using that same philosophy on denial on your own
rationalizations and justifications for your own inability
to evolve beyond the 50's?

The world isn't nearly as repressed thanks to religion
as it once was! Thankfully! But once you old conservatives die off
and stop imposing your restrictive, shaming mentality
on the masses, the world will be a much freer place to live
and love!

And the strangest form if brainwashing isn't political
correctness it's religious based insanity that perverses
the weak minded.

You hang onto those "old school" morals all you want
but realize it's OLD for a reason.

It doesn't work in today's society for good reason.

It's archaic!

It's judgemental.

It's phobic.

It's immature.

It's unevolved.

And if anyone is in denial on the verge of dementia
It's not I.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Caitlin Jenning