Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Caitlin Jenning      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 CarefreeBeauty
Msg: 51
Caitlyn JennerPage 3 of 35    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35)
HFX RGB2 added a link to Jon Stewarts compilation of 'news reports' of how Caitlyn is now viewed as opposed to how she was perceived when she was Bruce.

Welcome to the distaff side Caitlyn!

Keep your chin up! As well as the 'girls'! It's important now! haha

Jon Stewart - Caitlyn Jenner "Welcome to being a woman in America"
JoshKeep

Jon Stewart - Caitlyn Jenner "Welcome to being a woman in America"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lE2_4yt0Aow

Gonna miss that Jon Stewart<
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 52
Caitlyn Jenner
Posted: 6/4/2015 1:59:05 PM

Or he may simply be suffering from a Mental Disorder.

Well now... there's a case of the pot calling the kettle black...

his situation and transformation from a manly Olympian gives me major cold water shrinkage.

Really...?!? How could you tell...?

And... it looks like I called another one right on the money... very nearly two weeks on the nose... I really should be taking bets on these things...

Anyway... here it is... your welcome back (again) video... as promised...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A42SkxHo-x4
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 53
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 6/4/2015 2:00:55 PM

I've never met a man from any walk of life who was not shocked and disgusted upon being approached/confronted by a sex changed person.

Thing is, if you traveled in less self-limiting circles, you may well have. I have. And I wasn't surprised: my beautician/hair lady was transgender (this is the mid seventies). She was open about it. And very beautiful. We'd all watched the transition, and no one I knew was uncomfortable with it. Her fiance was a fine fellow, and we all approved the match up.

I was fascinated as a teen with Christine, the first publicly talked about transgender person. Saw her on TV, and was convinced. Read her book, and was equally convinced. Later, there was a British reporter (Jan Morris), married, several kids. Read his book, and wasn't convinced, though followed his argument. As best I could make out, he always felt seriously undersexed, and concluded that he wasn't a male, which left: female. He made a very odd female, to say the least. He seemed to think that batting his eyelashes at the postman was the height of being a woman. . . . He just remarried his partner of 60 years in 2008. This time as a woman.

I have a very good friend, whose husband in the depths of depression, castrated (and nearly killed) himself. The ultimate solution was to go ahead and transition him to female. It was not all that convincing.

Truth is, I believe we come in many more flavors than two. And not all of them, or even many, can be addressed by medical science. For those who can, and are willing to take the crap from their fellow "humans"--I say: go fer it!

tgif333
Msg: 54
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 6/4/2015 2:16:39 PM
hearton said:

And the strangest form if brainwashing isn't political
correctness it's religious based insanity that perverses
the weak minded.

were you referring to the aggression or war like actions of some perverse religions and were they past or present?

or were you speaking simply of those like myself who believe in the great sky wizard?
 robaustralia
Msg: 55
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 6/4/2015 2:26:41 PM

The former psychiatrist in chief for Johns Hopkins Hospital is pouring rain on the Bruce Jenner “Call Me Caitlyn” parade that’s sure to have the former Olympic athlete’s cheerleaders steaming.

Not only does Dr. Paul R. McHugh consider changing sexes “biologically impossible,” he thinks being what is popularly called “transgender” these days is actually a “mental disorder.”

McHugh, who has authored six books and at least 125 peer-reviewed medical journal articles, made the statements in a piece he penned for the Wall Street Journal that argued surgery is not the solution for patients who want to live life as the opposite sex.

Such people, he wrote, suffer from a “disorder of assumption” in believing they can choose their sex.

He also cited a study that said transgendered people who have reassignment surgery are 20 times more likely to commit suicide than non-transgendered people, according to CNS News.

While the Obama administration, Hollywood and major media such as Time magazine promote transgenderism as “normal,” McHugh wrote, said Dr. McHugh, these “policy makers and the media are doing no favors either to the public or the transgendered by treating their confusions as a right in need of defending rather than as a mental disorder that deserves understanding, treatment and prevention.”

“This intensely felt sense of being transgendered constitutes a mental disorder in two respects. The first is that the idea of sex misalignment is simply mistaken – it does not correspond with physical reality,” McHugh wrote. “The second is that it can lead to grim psychological outcomes.”

The transgendered person’s disorder, said Dr. McHugh, is in the person’s “assumption” that they are different than the physical reality of their body, their maleness or femaleness, as assigned by nature. It is a disorder similar to a “dangerously thin” person suffering anorexia who looks in the mirror and thinks they are “overweight,” said McHugh.

This assumption, that one’s gender is only in the mind regardless of anatomical reality, has led some transgendered people to push for social acceptance and affirmation of their own subjective “personal truth,” said Dr. McHugh. As a result, some states – California, New Jersey, and Massachusetts – have passed laws barring psychiatrists, “even with parental permission, from striving to restore natural gender feelings to a transgender minor,” he said.

The pro-transgender advocates do not want to know, said McHugh, that studies show between 70% and 80% of children who express transgender feelings “spontaneously lose those feelings” over time. Also, for those who had sexual reassignment surgery, most said they were “satisfied” with the operation “but their subsequent psycho-social adjustments were no better than those who didn’t have the surgery

“And so at Hopkins we stopped doing sex-reassignment surgery, since producing a ‘satisfied’ but still troubled patient seemed an inadequate reason for surgically amputating normal organs,” said Dr. McHugh.

The former Johns Hopkins chief of psychiatry also warned against enabling or encouraging certain subgroups of the transgendered, such as young people “susceptible to suggestion from ‘everything is normal’ sex education,” and the schools’ “diversity counselors” who, like “cult leaders,” may “encourage these young people to distance themselves from their families and offer advice on rebutting arguments against having transgender surgery.”

Dr. McHugh also reported that there are “misguided doctors” who, working with very young children who seem to imitate the opposite sex, will administer “puberty-delaying hormones to render later sex-change surgeries less onerous – even though the drugs stunt the children’s growth and risk causing sterility.”

Such action comes “close to child abuse,” said Dr. McHugh, given that close to 80% of those kids will “abandon their confusion and grow naturally into adult life if untreated
….”

He went on to write that changing sexes is impossible and that what transgendered people actually do is “become feminized men or masculinized women.”

While there are scientists who disagree, it is important to question whether health professionals, politicians and the media are doing more harm than good by enabling people who believe they were born the wrong sex to go to such extremes.

For millennia, the first rule of Western medicine has been summed up as “do no harm.”

There’s a reason for that

The parts I have bolded are indicative of some of the magnificent strides the LGBT propaganda machine has made. All in the name of civil rights for our children of course (Pfft!).

URL to article: http://www.infowars.com/former-johns-hopkins-chief-of-psychiatry-being-transgender-is-a-mental-disorder-biologically-impossible/
 chameleonf
Msg: 56
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 6/4/2015 2:41:29 PM
to rebut Dr. McHugh see the following: http://www.transadvocate.com/clinging-to-a-dangerous-past-dr-paul-mchughs-selective-reading-of-transgender-medical-literature_n_13842.htm
 dragonbytes
Msg: 57
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 6/4/2015 3:30:20 PM

gosh, surprised no one jumped on this. I've been getting memes on Facebook all week putting CJ next to pictures of military vets and asking who's the hero. so, let's start the debate.

Until you posted this, I didn't even know it was a news item. I haven't been watching Jon Stewart lately, so I miss out on all the popular news.

Spending 7 months in Thailand, seeing quite a few ladyboys, like hundreds, having traveled there in 2009 with a young 22 year old guy that was a cross dresser, this doesn't seem like a big deal to me.

Hormones do change your thinking, isn't that was PMS is all about?
Gender types have a limited validity.
You want to have cosmetic surgery, maybe it will help, maybe you end up like Michael Jackson. I say, Up 2 you, but give it a lot of thought before you go under the knife..
Don't know who Heidi Montag is either.
I don't think insurance should cover elective surgery.
 HFX_RGB2
Msg: 58
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 6/4/2015 3:54:10 PM

to rebut Dr. McHugh see the following: http://www.transadvocate.com/clinging-to-a-dangerous-past-dr-paul-mchughs-selective-reading-of-transgender-medical-literature_n_13842.htm

Well it looks like the good Dr was making some stuff up while leaving other stuff out to support is anti-gay agenda.

Also not surprising to see this dummy was one of the people who played at part in the death of Dr. Tiller, by helping to fuel the fire.
 robaustralia
Msg: 59
Caitlyn Jenner
Posted: 6/4/2015 5:59:38 PM

Jerome"s law-As an online discussion grows, the probability of a comparison involving black people approaches 1.

Let the ad hominem begin . . .

Derps always bring up that false analogy. It is commonly known as the "derp analogy" or to borrow a term from the resident narcissist, " a stupid fvck analogy"
 import_from_uk
Msg: 60
Caitlyn Jenner
Posted: 6/4/2015 6:19:17 PM
Jon Stewart's take on the situation :- http://mic.com/articles/120033/jon-stewart-made-a-brilliant-point-about-caitlyn-jenner-that-nobody-s-talking-about
 00Spy
Msg: 61
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 6/4/2015 6:25:04 PM
This is the funniest thread on POF.
Right from the opening volley and the OP screwing up the name.
You can't write this crap... well maybe you can.
Bruce was a very attractive man but as a 65 year old woman... not so attractive.
To each his/her own!
 robaustralia
Msg: 62
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 6/5/2015 1:16:56 AM

How about throwing some biological information into the mix?

OK since you asked .

Firstly congratulations for Cherrypicking an article from a Transsexual website. Who of course are going to claim Biological determinism. Which has been debunked by Neuroscientists

There is no such thing as a female brain being trapped in a male body at birth.Male and Female brains are virtually identical at birth. Neuroscientists have proven that by scanning the brains of Male and Female infants and they have never found what they consider a Female brain in a Male infant.

However scans of Male and Female adult brains do reveal differences. Which Neuroscientists claim is the result of cultural factors due to different things being expected of both Boys and Girls which leads them to develop different spatial abilities, which effects how the brain is wired.

Which means there is no evidence whatsoever that Transsexuality is biologically determined.
 BialaPolska
Msg: 63
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 6/5/2015 4:02:22 AM
I'm not really interested in what Jon Liebowicz is promoting. Nor am I interested in the hatred that this "HFX" character wants to promote. He could possibly be as unhappy with his own identity as a transjenner.
 tgif333
Msg: 64
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 6/5/2015 4:06:02 AM
HFX does seem to be an unhappy person.

he comes off as one who has a chip on his shoulder.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 65
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 6/5/2015 4:45:25 AM

he comes off as one who has a chip on his shoulder.

You can see that high????
 tgif333
Msg: 66
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 6/5/2015 5:00:14 AM
I can see the chip when I stand on my money then i'm as tall as you Mr. Irishman.

but then even without my bank account I was always a bigger man than you! Lol
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 67
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 6/5/2015 5:03:29 AM

I can see the chip when I stand on my money then i'm as tall as you Mr. Irishman

Whatever you lack in physical stature if further shown in your postings

Eternitygracesme
Msg: 68
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 6/5/2015 5:17:40 AM

he can have all the operations he wants but he'll be a man until the day he dies.

Gender is a matter of self-identification. She;s Caitlin, now, and if she decides to have transitional sex operation, she'll still be Caitlin.

he's a founding member of the Kardashian Society and is an excellent example of where we are going as a country.

The problem is the exaltation of the privileged narrative. Where are the prevailing narratives of others who aren't?
 Eternitygracesme
Msg: 69
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 6/5/2015 5:28:28 AM

We know that Caitlin will be voting republican. She is a proud republican. Maybe the homophobes here will like her more?

I don't know why this makes a bit of difference, actually. For all I know, she could be an Eagletarian, an Old Right?

Anyway -- the homophobes may allow her to pass because she's white, Republican, accomplished, and wealthy. As far as I understand, she isn't gay? If they are trans-intolerant, it could be a problem.

It's believed now that Caitlin is Caitlin, that all of her previous accomplishments are rendered null. Those life experiences just don't vanish. This is a new revelation and it'll be interesting to see Caitlin's transformation in other areas of her life, as well.
 tgif333
Msg: 70
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 6/5/2015 5:50:29 AM

Gender is a matter of self-identification.

ok, then I now declare myself a black man, an African American.

they'll fully accept me into the Crips now and i'll be perfectly at home walking the ghetto at midnight in Furguson right?

I can also apply for affirmative action programs and even though i'm 5'4 I can play basketball like Lebron.

Bruce Jenner is a man and will always be a man. if you want to fool yourself, you go right ahead.
 Hearton64
Msg: 71
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 6/5/2015 5:58:10 AM
The site may be run by transgender advocates
but the people quoted are legit.

http://www.medicaldaily.com/challenging-gender-identity-biologists-say-gender-expands-across-spectrum-rather-323956

Funny how in so many ways we can be diametrically
Opposed in our thinking to the point that we can't agree
on anything.

I see you,TGIF as having a "chip on your shoulder"
but I know it's because we see everything from an opposing
perspective.

I choose to keep my mind open to humanity
in all it's differing aspects without fear or prejudice ,
you seem to hang on too tight to
that which is familiar in an attempt to control
your environment and reality.

Both ways are valid reactions to an ever changing world.
But that being said,
Gender is not black or white, it's on a contiuum
Like it or not, no more than sexuality is.

I wish all of the people who don't "fit" into societal
Norms a way to thrive without religion or politics
Impeding their progress.

Whether it's nature or nurture, biology or genetics or none or all,
matters not.

What matters is that we acknowledge their humanness
Despite our misgivings and fears and treat them as
we'd like to be treated.

With respect and compassion.

It can't be easy living in their skin feeling as though
they aren't welcome in society.

Just saying...
 robaustralia
Msg: 72
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 6/5/2015 6:09:05 AM

Gender is a matter of self-identification. She;s Caitlin, now, and if she decides to have transitional sex operation, she'll still be Caitlin

A transitional sex operation? Why don't you just call it what it is , a penile amputation . Gender is a matter of self-identification? That's a good one!

Any NORMAL woman wouldn't have any empathy for the future penile amputee recipient aka Bruce Gender whatsoever.

Bruce Gender has never experienced what a Woman experiences. As a Woman you should know that your tits itch like hell when they are budding. Bruce Gender never experienced that.

Bruce Gender has never experienced, menstruation, menopause or childbirth . If I was a Woman I would be angry that a Male can just have some hormone injections and get his****and balls cut off and bingo! All of a sudden he is a Woman.

Anyway I hope Bruce Gender is happy with his new appearance, he was starting to look like an old lesbian anyway.
 motowncowgirl
Msg: 73
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 6/5/2015 6:10:19 AM

If I was a Woman I would be angry that a Male can just have some hormone injections and get his****and balls cut off and bingo! All of a sudden he is a Woman.

you seem angry enough already
 Hearton64
Msg: 74
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 6/5/2015 6:11:55 AM

The parts I have bolded are indicative of some of
the magnificent strides the LGBT propaganda machine
has made. All in the name of civil rights for our children of course (Pfft!).

Nice cherry picking yourself. Lol

So like you Catholics to have agendas and homophobia
unless it's their priest fvcking children then it's denied
and determined false memories,ey?

Whatever to your religious agenda.

God is imaginary.

Ya'all might want to see a therapist
for your delusional thinking.
 import_from_uk
Msg: 75
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 6/5/2015 6:15:56 AM
Blows me away that the most bigoted, small-minded, judgemental posters claim to believe in God and preach hatred for their fellow man. They claim mental health issues in others who don't fit their perception of acceptable, name call and continually are blind to their own faults.

Damn, if they are right and there is a judgement day, many are totally up shit street.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Caitlin Jenning