Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Caitlin Jenning      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 726
Caitlin JenningPage 30 of 35    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35)

I myself would be angry if I was forced to change, even urinate, around a male who "thinks" himself a woman. Multiply the anger by thousands if he is there exposing his penis.

I see... So your personal anger, which doesn't seem to have any basis other than "you saw a "d00d"" (certainly none you have provided), should be the determining factor in "where she should change/pee"...

Doesn't matter how "mind their own business" the person is while there, it doesn't matter that the person isn't waving anything in your face or goading you to react, nothing else is necessary, just your anger, right...?
 marilyncollet
Msg: 727
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 3/26/2016 6:18:56 AM
Now the social justice warrior is mocking a woman because she is uncomfortable having an anotomical male in her bathroom. People are not allowed to have feelings of discomfort. It's more important the Transgender person not feel uncomfortable because the leftists say so.
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 728
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 3/26/2016 7:00:37 AM

People are not allowed to have feelings of discomfort.

Where did I say people were "not allowed" to have "feelings of discomfort"...?

Do you really think your personal discomfort is really of any major importance in this...? Would you believe it right to prohibit Muslims in traditional ethnic garb from using the same washroom at the same time as you "because of your personal discomfort" with that...? Should you be free to prohibit them until you are finished and have left...?

What if you have "feelings of discomfort" about black people...? Are you free to prohibit them until you have finished and have left...?

Seriously, where does your "personal discomfort" end and equal consideration of others begin...?
 marilyncollet
Msg: 729
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 3/26/2016 7:33:00 AM
Are you suggesting in our society there is no distinction between the sexes. Do men undress in coed locker rooms? Do coeds in college share the same dorm rooms? Perhaps if our culture allowed for a unisex Society it would not be that big a deal, but there are certain areas where our culture divides the sexes. The distinctions are clear.
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 730
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 3/26/2016 7:43:21 AM

Are you suggesting in our society there is no distinction between the sexes.

Where did I say that...?

Do men undress in coed locker rooms?

Sometimes...

Do coeds in college share the same dorm rooms?

Sometimes...
 deetristate
Msg: 731
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 3/26/2016 8:20:36 AM
I would refer to him as "you" rather than "she"or "her." Contrary to the mentally ill people who encourage his mental illness.

Sorry if you yourself are a closet dresser or have friends and relatives like that.

I would not be deliberately unkind or rude directly to him.

However, I wouldn't want him in the bathroom with me or my daughter either. So kill me. That is what I have to say, like it, call me names or whatever.

But that is a sad individual, this fellow trying to be a woman.
Unless he is part of a show, circus or next on stage is a Diana Ross imitator.

By the way this guy could cut the exaggerated feminism and put on something male (middle eastern, western, whatever)
but black people can't take off their clothes and be other than black. But you know that. But I will entertain you and say it. . .. Ready? . . .. . . sure you are ready?
.Jerome's Law. LOL!

Don't put a flower pot on your head and then get mad when people look or laugh.

By the way, the only discomfort important to liberals is of the person engaging in the deliberately abberent behavior as part of the effort to normalize it. Others don't matter.

Cassie, that you resorted to name calling means that you know the truth of what I am saying but don't like it. Well, I will not call you names because of how you feel.
See?

You can find just as much research supporting what I say. Google is your friend. Sorry that you or a friend or relative is like that.

To get you started:
"""""The former psychiatrist in chief for Johns Hopkins Hospital is pouring rain on the Bruce Jenner “Call Me Caitlyn” parade that’s sure to have the former Olympic athlete’s cheerleaders steaming.

Not only does Dr. Paul R. McHugh consider changing sexes “biologically impossible,” he thinks being what is popularly called “transgender” these days is actually a “mental disorder.”"""""

By the way, you would only have about seven nickles. Not much.

Trinity, is it name calling??? I don't think that Dr. McHugh thinks it insulting.

But is saying " people with cavities" insulting? What about saying "people who are molested"? What about " people who have diabetes?" Are those insults? Is it like calling someone stupid or some PC-phobic?
But if you find it so, sorry.
 marilyncollet
Msg: 732
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 3/26/2016 8:28:33 AM
Voluntarily, not as a matter of policy or because they are compelled to do so, and usually because the parties have affection for each other. And inferences can be derived from words. No need to say something explicitly.
 cassie2425
Msg: 733
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 3/26/2016 8:30:49 AM
^^^Boy, for an educated woman you sure are stupid. Maybe look up a little research on transvestite, transsexual, transgender, cross dressing and add gay in there. 2016 and a pretty big group of stupid, ignorant, homophobes on here. And a handful of smart folks.

Wish I had a nickel for every time that one throws out Jeromes law.
 trinity818
Msg: 734
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 3/26/2016 8:43:11 AM

Contrary to the mentally ill people who encourage his mental illness.

Well, I will not call you names because of how you feel.
See?

Yes. I do see. You apparently don't consider telling people they are mentally ill to be "name calling".

I would have to disagree. As usual.
 cassie2425
Msg: 735
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 3/26/2016 9:13:36 AM
Mentally ill....not long ago those with epilepsy were put in mental hospitals. Hell, religion and gods wer created because plain folk were uneducated and didn't know the scientific answer to why the earth was shaking or why the sun went dark...and it's worked well for eons...ignorance is alive. People were put to death because they were "different". Some of us were "owned" by our husbands or not allowed to vote because we were weak and had a vagina.

I don't know all the answers. I can't possibly fathom that someone would just "choose" to be gay or transgender . So Dee, I think you're safe and transgender is not infectious so you won't "catch" it...but ignorance spreads...just watch the rise of Trump, no different than the rise of Hitler. So Leave the Caitlin's be, leave the Susie's that want to be Bruce be. You have no fvcking clue what's going on inside them and the pain and turmoil.

I find hate, bigotry, closed mindedness and ignorance to be a mental illness.
 marilyncollet
Msg: 736
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 3/26/2016 9:32:25 AM
Of course Bruce didn't choose to be Transgender. Bruce experienced the epitome of male athleticism, power, speed. Why would any male choose to be female after experiencing such a height. Do people on this thread actually suggest this was a choice? He woke up.one day and said, I think I'll become a woman, I'm tired of being the epitome of a male? Becoming a member of the weaker sex is preferable? :-)
 deetristate
Msg: 737
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 3/26/2016 10:15:53 AM
Bruce can CHOOSE to plant horns on his head and call himself a goat. Fine. I won't be deliberately rude to him. But he should expact a snicker from someone and that people will stare. I also get to have an opinion about it.

He CHOSE TO have fake breasts implanted and dress like the stereotype of a woman. The whole thing was chosen.

Also, did I mention Religion or God in my previous post? No. Them ready made arguments were pulled out. I get that.

No one had surgery or an implant to pretend to be an epileptic.

People choose to tattoo their faces. People choose to commit adultery or tell a lie. People choose to mimic the opposite sex and people get to have an opinion and ideas about it.
 _babblefish
Msg: 738
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 3/26/2016 10:40:31 AM

People choose to tattoo their faces. People choose to commit adultery or tell a lie. People choose to mimic the opposite sex and people get to have an opinion and ideas about it.

and some people choose to remain ignorant and unadaptable
 cassie2425
Msg: 739
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 3/26/2016 10:50:49 AM
OMG, Piano, you're not be sexist. Far from it. But you are being rude and ignorant by that last comment. "Penis swinging", he'll, many are "stupid swinging". Id rather see a little penis pop out than a whole lot of stupid.

Who does the surgery checking ? Is there a team of inspectors? A group that checks hormone levels? And really, in your lifetime how many transgendered folks do you think will cross your path, and would you even notice?
 Maleman999
Msg: 740
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 3/26/2016 10:59:37 AM

I myself would be angry if I was forced to change, even urinate, around a male who "thinks" himself a woman. Multiply the anger by thousands if he is there exposing his penis.

Whoever feels this way better not make any plans to go on vacation to countries where males and females share the same public bathrooms, where it's not considered weird to have unisex bathrooms, and has been that way for a long time. I wonder if those bathrooms, like in night clubs would have vending machines where you can get either condoms or tampons. I can see a drunk person getting it mixed up.
 marilyncollet
Msg: 741
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 3/26/2016 11:14:31 AM
Where is that maleman. I've traveled, europe, mideast, mexico, Canada. Islands. I've seen one bathroom for both sexes, but not to be shared at the same time. So what am I missing? Are people really that different, in the western world anyway?
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 742
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 3/26/2016 11:59:33 AM

So besides the clothing and makeup and nailpolish, what does it mean to be a woman?

Well, I've already given you the time-honoured and time-tested "wisdom" of "what makes a man truly a man"...

"Wisdom" passed from father to son... from society to men and boys... for generation upon generation...

And interestingly, none of that "wisdom" ever relied on "having a penis" or "having a y-chromosome"... In fact, it was and is often used SPECIFICALLY to help men who had/have lost that portion of their anatomy either through accident, surgery or the consequence of "chemicals" (lots of drugs have deleterious effects on male "performance")...

Perhaps you can explain why that same principle wouldn't apply to chemically/surgically altered men (or women)...?

Perhaps you can explain why the same does not apply to women...? I know society hasn't always used that "what's inside" line with you ladies, but why can it not apply...?

Isn't it interesting how p!ssy some get when those kinds of homilies get thrown back at them while they are in the middle of pretending they don't exist...

Do you have ANY rational answer aside from "your anger"

mungo doesn't like that I'm being sexist to men pretending to be women. And by pretending I mean men who have had no hormones or surgery. I bet mungo that you would just love a woman around you in the change room pretending to be a man. Showing breasts and penis-swinging (extra-large clitoris) for all to see, bet that would give you a raging erection...well, carry on with that fantasy.

Ah so... That anger isn't specific to transgender people being in the restroom with you...

It is just a general "free-floating" anger at society and people who do things you don't like or disagree with your "moral pronouncements from on-high"...

Good to know...

Voluntarily, not as a matter of policy or because they are compelled to do so

Really...? So I wonder why it is that many mixed-gender sports teams don't have separate changing facilities, unless an individual specifically asks for an individual accomodation for themselves...
 marilyncollet
Msg: 743
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 3/26/2016 12:19:07 PM
Can you provide examples where men and woman change and shower in front of one another in unisex locker rooms. I've been an athlete in the past. I have never heard of this. Again, I'm not talking about something like a nudist group who voluntarily expose themselves to the opposite sex in public.

I find it very difficult to believe good looking young women would be compelled or pressured by policy to use the same facilities as young men. I know if my young daughters were put in such a situation, the authorities responsible would pay a big price for their leftwing stupidity.

As for young men, many of them would probably jump at the opportunity.
 flaneur001
Msg: 744
view profile
History
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 3/26/2016 12:28:43 PM
pianopetal:

Most women do not want to use the change rooms or washrooms with a guy who has had no hormones or surgery and does not pass visually as a woman. I myself would be angry if I was forced to change, even urinate, around a male who "thinks" himself a woman. Multiply the anger by thousands if he is there exposing his penis

What kind of bathrooms do you go to? The ones I go to - the same gender or unisex ones have are cubicles with doors. I've never been in a 'public' bathroom where I can see any gender urinate! I live in Toronto and we have different WC facilities. Many are same gender and others are communal. For example, there are 8 cubicles with doors (for privacy) and a large communal (unisex) sink for hand washing. I've never had an issue using these bathrooms.

My step-daughter goes to McGill University in Montreal, she lives in the University residence. Her floor is mixed gender and so are the bathrooms. She's never had an issue.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 745
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 3/26/2016 12:38:05 PM
I'm pretty sure this whole "bathroom" thing is something cooked up by some right wing organization. They would have used focus groups to find out what hammer they could use to smash down LGBT tolerance.

The reason I say that is that in North Carolina and Georgia (and presumably elsewhere) legislators have used the excuse of "won't somebody think of the children" bathroom argument to bring in horrific legislation that prevents any anti discrimination by cities. For some reason it's necessary to allow people to be fired from their jobs or denied housing because they're gay in order to keep bathrooms pure.
 marilyncollet
Msg: 746
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 3/26/2016 12:52:57 PM
So long as these facilities provide privacy for bathing, showering changing clothes. No problem. I'm sure they all do. And men and women ARE NOT ALIKE. Not emotionally, physically or in most other ways. The bullshit the leftists conjure up in the face of observation, experience, common sense, reality. Unbelievable.

Thank god men and women are significantly different. The thought of dating someone or marrying them if the only differences were strictly physical makes me sick just to think about. I'm pretty sure most guys do not want to marry women who act like guys and most women do not want to marry guys who act like women.
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 747
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 3/26/2016 1:19:40 PM

Speaking of high...you should stop doing drugs as they seem not to agree with you, being that you are really delusional and all. I'd hope you aren't this delusionally-combative in person.

Perhaps you can explain why the same principle (what makes a man truly a man) I described wouldn't apply to chemically/surgically altered men (or women)...?

Perhaps you can explain why the same principle does not apply to women...?

Perhaps you can explain why that principle doesn't apply here...?

Perhaps you can explain why "we" (society) are wrong to even teach that principle at all...?

Do you have ANY rational answer aside from "your anger"...?
 Onyx49
Msg: 748
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 3/26/2016 2:01:41 PM
It would be different if the Transgender community police their own, and kept them away from uncomfortable situations...but it's a free country and they go where they please and that's where the train goes off the tracks.

Recently, here in New York...a transgender female in a bar, walks over and asked a man to dance, the guy beat the crap outta the T-GIRL...it was a sports bar, not Gay bar.....
Ton's of transgenders have been killed, or severely injured when approaching men that aren't acquainted with that lifestyle, or not disclosing who they are before things go to far.

It's funny that some guy out there...maybe a lumberjack, mechanic...construction worker, on the weekends he kicks off his dirty boots and transforms into a transgender...and goes in the bathroom behind you girls, and you're okay with it.

EDIT-Below

Fine, so get on about it...sit next to a transgender while she takes a dump....

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
 flaneur001
Msg: 749
view profile
History
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 3/26/2016 2:05:58 PM
What kind of bathrooms do you go to?

pianopetel

The one's marked "women".

trans women who have had medical treatment and legally changed their gender designation are WOMEN according to the law, so they are not prohibited from using the women's bathroom.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trans_woman

Terminology
Some trans women who feel that their gender transition is complete prefer to be called simply "women," considering "trans woman" or "male-to-female transsexual" to be terms that should only be used for people who are not fully transitioned. Likewise, many may not want to be seen as a "trans woman," owing to society's tendency to "other" individuals who do not fit into the sex/gender binary, or have personal reasons beyond that not to wish to identify as transgender post-transition. For this reason, many see it as an important and appropriate distinction to include a space in the term, as in trans woman, thus using trans as merely an adjective describing a particular type of woman; this is in contrast to the usage of transwoman as one word, implying a "third gender".[2]
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 750
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 3/26/2016 2:24:48 PM
Silly cis people will never understand. .why do the trans people get to make up a label for the majority, the non Transgender, non gay of humanity? Was the "cis" label really necessary?
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Caitlin Jenning