Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Caitlin Jenning      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 751
Caitlin JenningPage 31 of 35    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35)
I know what you mean. It bothers me too.

But we're both old. I'm pretty sure it doesn't bother our kids at all. Just like the "straight" label might have bothered our parents, but it's never caused me a moment of concern.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 752
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 3/26/2016 2:36:19 PM
^ I understand your cynicism. The oppression of straight white males is an atrocity :(

* At the straight white guy above that straight white guy.
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 753
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 3/26/2016 2:46:13 PM

Silly cis people will never understand. .why do the trans people get to make up a label for the majority, the non Transgender, non gay of humanity? Was the "cis" label really necessary?

For the purposes of discussion, yes, it is necessary... How else would we identify, when the speaker was referencing women, whether they were talking about all women, just trans women or just cis women...?

Does that mean YOU have to use the term...? Are you somehow being forced to do so...? Is there a law which coerces you to use it...?

Obviously, the answer to all three is, a big fat "NO"...

So my question is... Why do you even care that some people use the term for clarity...? How does their usage of the term alter your life...?

It's pretty simple, if you don't like using it, then don't use it...
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 754
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 3/26/2016 4:00:55 PM
no-one is forced to use the N word or the F-word (for gays)..but you likely object to their use?
why do people who claim they do not see race or gender or sexual orientation, are post-racial etc. always the first ones to insist on discussing race, gender, orientation, what have you..slicing & dicing voter stats based on skin color, gender, income level, age, or any other stat they can think of..obsessing over whether more voters identified as black between the ages of 31 & 42 who identify as straight with income level 50,000-75,000 per year voted for Clinton, or Trump, or..than voters IDd as white, gay, between the ages of 18-30 and income level..25,000 per year & under
 cassie2425
Msg: 755
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 3/26/2016 4:06:10 PM
Some still need to work on their "I'm not homophobic " shit. It's laughable. And BTW, just because you are transgender does not mean you're gay or lesbian. And I think especially once you've started the transformation, drugs and / or surgeries...you ARE that gender. Most have to live completely as the opposite gender before they will do surgery (but do t quote me as different areas have different "rules").

BTW, I cannot imagine living like this, feeling I'm trapped in the wrong body thinking I'm the opposite gender. It's like years ago before people were "allowed" to be gay/lesbian. Many married because they were forced to be "normal". How awful it must have been. I've know two families split apart because he could not openly admit he was gay in the 70s. Sad.

Let people be. Thank your lucky stars it's not you. Have a little friggin empathy. How many are dealing with a transgendered person in their everyday lives, none. Maybe .05% of the population, maybe. All friggin talk, ignorant talk.
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 756
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 3/26/2016 4:11:08 PM
and what would it be like to live with mental illness, which I believe does exist, despite as you said some things considered that, no longer are..does not mean it´s not real or that dsome forms do not exist

that is something the vast majority feel free to laugh about..whenever there´s a differecne of opinion, ask , Are you off your meds? better see your shrink..check back into the psych ward, etc..use as a putdown, slur, insult, the suggestion of mental illness..

har-de-har.-har..sooo funny right?
 Onyx49
Msg: 757
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 3/26/2016 4:24:09 PM
What's really sad is you have all of these young kids claiming to be transgender.
We're talking...14, 15 year old boys saying they are girls and parents cannot send them to therapy as the state consider it
child abuse.
This is no issue that a child should be discussing or pursuing and the government has no right to interfere along this course...parents have every right to address this as they see fit...
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 758
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 3/26/2016 5:35:47 PM

why do people who claim they do not see race or gender or sexual orientation, are post-racial etc. always the first ones to insist on discussing race, gender, orientation, what have you..

Perhaps because people who DO see race, gender, orientation make a point of immediately ranting sh!t like "You can't.." and "You aren't..." based on race, gender, orientation...

Kind of hard to rebut "You can't.." and "You aren't..." based on race, gender, orientation without talking about race, gender, orientation...

If you don't want us talking about race, gender, orientation, perhaps you should stop ranting about "You can't.." and "You aren't..." based on race, gender, orientation...

Seems pretty simple...

no-one is forced to use the N word or the F-word (for gays)..but you likely object to their use?

Hmmm... Perhaps when you can get around to answering my question about "Why you care" or "What effect it has" you might find that your question answers itself...
 cassie2425
Msg: 759
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 3/26/2016 5:39:22 PM
I'm pretty sure in my country you can't take a 15 year old in and chop off his penis or make a penis for a 14 year old girl. And I'm pretty sure in my country you can take your child to see a phychologist or psychiatrist. And I'm pretty sure in my country there is a huge amount of hoops a person would have to jump through, permission given, professionals seen before you could even prescribe a drug to slow, halt or change a child's hormones. I've seen quite a few documentaries on this, it ain't like going in and getting a drug to treat acne.

And ..."all of these young kids claiming to be transgender." How many? Cite a source. Hell, do what Dee does and make up shit. What's the number or percentage?

Onyx....You want me to send you a photo? Or do you just need a hug?
 Onyx49
Msg: 760
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 3/26/2016 5:42:29 PM
No, we know you live in a cave far far beneath a mountain...on an island...off the coast of another island, and therefore know nothing about modern civilization...because if you did
you'd buy a camera and post a picture.

Whatsamattababy
Msg: 761
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 3/26/2016 5:55:55 PM

Or do you just need a hug?

I want a hug! And I don't even need a photo. As lot as you don't have those really stiff kind of breasts. Hugs shouldn't hurt. IMO.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 762
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 3/26/2016 6:08:59 PM
Onyx49: I'm pretty sure you've had enough pea soup. But I'll bet you have the nice soft sort of breasts :)

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 daynadaze
Msg: 763
view profile
History
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 3/26/2016 6:35:45 PM
What? You can't take your teens to therapy? Why is that?
 marilyncollet
Msg: 764
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 3/26/2016 6:57:55 PM
I don't have to research. Onx doesn't know what he's talking about. The government cannot proscribe therapy if that is what a parent wants for their children, plus in most states that would be confidential anyway.
 cassie2425
Msg: 765
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 3/26/2016 9:15:29 PM
Lots of body builders have had heart attacks. Steroids. Hell, lots of ordinary folks have massive heart attacks every day. Your point is? I've seen the apples to oranges argument...now we have people to horses? Because it didn't work in a horse we can't let Susie become Sam?

The huntress story, your point is? Did she used to be a guy?

How many transgendered folks do you think there are in your town, your province...Canada? Do you run into them daily, weekly, monthly...ever? This effects you, how?
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 766
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 3/26/2016 9:16:17 PM

And what kind of principle's exactly?

The principles I pointed out to you several posts ago, about how society teaches men to judge whether "a man truly is a man"...

You know, all that stuff about "what's inside" rather than what hangs outside... And why this isn't good enough for trans men/women... or even women for that matter...

You know, all that stuff you have completely avoided addressing because it "stumps" you...

The "principles" here should be: why do they want to?

No, the principle in that regard is... "How the hell is the 'Why' of it any of your business to begin with?"...

Of course the answer being the very obvious... "Their individual, personal 'Why' is none of your f***ing business"...

The fact that you want to make the 'Why' your business is also why your anger concerns me... People that use anger as a motivation for "sticking their noses in others business" usually end up acting rashly...

I'd love to introduce my friend, not shy to tell the experience of buying a 3 year old filly from the racetrack that was hormone treated (steroids). That horse died of massive heart attack a year later. The post-mort report from the vet about the "hormone therapy" will have you struggling to maintain your composure.

And just a FYI: The company I buy wild meat from will proudly state the majority of their inventory comes from a woman. A Huntress, whatever you want to call her, who I understand can kill wild game better than the majority of mighty male hunters out there.

Now go you. You bring nothing but contempt out of me.

Well now... THAT'S certainly completely irrelevant, especially the silliness about the "huntress"...

What the hell does that have to do with anything...?

Now go you. You bring nothing but contempt out of me.

Well, you seem to have a lot of that to spread around...

Not much in the way of any kind of rational responses however, if your little "huntress" silliness is any measure ...
 cassie2425
Msg: 767
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 3/26/2016 9:55:31 PM
^^^ how wonderful that you can and have over your life comfortable in your skin and your gender. Why the hell can't you have a little empathy for the handful who don't. Mis that too much to ask?

You may have sore ribs from laughing; a couple of us probably have a sore neck from shaking our heads at the stupidity, ignorance and arrogance of a few.

I'm still wondering about the huntress too, wtf.
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 768
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 3/26/2016 10:09:44 PM

And yes, women can do stuff that is considered "manly" without having to transition. And vice-versa of course.

And they can do so IF they "transition" as well...

So what is your point...? I don't think you've actually made one yet...
 Maleman999
Msg: 769
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 3/27/2016 10:28:25 AM
Sometimes I feel like I'm trapped in the wrong body. I feel like I should be in the body of a hot looking, fit , muscular guy in his 20's. I'll skip the gender reassignment in exchange for the things mentioned. I don't want to be too greedy.
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 770
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 3/27/2016 10:47:51 AM

Sometimes I feel like I'm trapped in the wrong body. I feel like I should be in the body of a hot looking, fit , muscular guy in his 20's. I'll skip the gender reassignment in exchange for the things mentioned. I don't want to be too greedy.

Guys like Charles Atlas and Joe Weider made a pretty good go of the "body" thing at the same age...

I guess if you're up to the work, and a little "nip & tuck", maybe an implant or two, you could achieve the whole package... Well, almost the "whole package", getting all the way there might require a little chemical enhancement as well...

But really, it's all about how much work you want to put into it and how much it really means to you... Right...?
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 771
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 3/27/2016 10:58:41 AM
^ Are you wearing eyeshadow?
 Maleman999
Msg: 772
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 3/27/2016 11:07:08 AM
I don't really have any great desire to look like Charles Atlas or Schwarzy. I have a bit of a gut I'd like to get rid of, but with warmer weather on the horizon, I'll get back to the annual routine being outdoors more on hikes and walks and the such which should take care of that. I'll just have to work on breaking the routine of stopping at some fast food place after a long walk or hike.

^" Are you wearing eyeshadow?"

I thought women like guys who are tall, dark and handsome. The eyeshadow is working on the dark part of the equation.
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 773
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 3/27/2016 11:20:25 AM

^ Are you wearing eyeshadow?

Not recently... Why...?

I don't really have a quote to go here

At least not one that fits the situation as any movie quotes I can think of right now would send the wrong message

Mungojoe
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 774
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 3/27/2016 11:30:16 AM
so if trans people insist they are, one transitioned, exactly the same as a born female or male..they --ARE-- the new gender..why invent the --cis-- thing?

seems a bit counter productive to their wishes, to have separating labels
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 775
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 3/27/2016 2:39:14 PM

so if trans people insist they are, one transitioned, exactly the same as a born female or male..they --ARE-- the new gender..why invent the --cis-- thing?

You do realize that this was answered several posts ago, right...?

Please don't tell us you've run out of irrelevant stuff to "get to the bottom of" and have to go back to regurgitate the old ones now...

That would be really boring...
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Caitlin Jenning