Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Caitlin Jenning      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bamagrl68
Msg: 776
Caitlin JenningPage 32 of 35    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35)
Pianopetal- Regardless of whether or not people think it's real (and I do), what I can NOT wrap my mind around is why anyone is SO invested in other people's buisness?
What does it have to do with YOU?
I would love to see someone give an intelligent answer to THAT one!
People can put**** on their back, boobs on their legs, whatever.
It's not MY life, it's theirs, there fore, I say, if they say they are transgender, they know WAY better than me how they think and how they feel, so who am I to question it!
Some people are just WAY too invested in thinking their way is the only way.
 deetristate
Msg: 777
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 3/27/2016 4:38:00 PM
Why are people so invested in the opinion of people who think that Bruce is a man, will always be a male and has a mental disorder?

It's not their life or opinion. Why does it matter so much to them?

How does that opinion affect their lives? How does it affect them?

marilyncollet
Msg: 778
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 3/27/2016 5:04:28 PM
Dee, you are entitled to an opinion, but generally opinions should be reasonable and rational and based on something. There is zero evidence Jenner suffers from mental illness. The only evidence is that he has always seen himself as a female. People get irate at stupid opinions that make no sense and are based on fairy dust, still you are entitled freedom of thought and to believe what you want.

Me, I am very surprised he could build up his body to the degree he became an Olympic champion, just in an attempt to challenge his own impulses. Amazing willpower.
 Maleman999
Msg: 779
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 3/27/2016 5:50:03 PM
If a transgendered person completes the transition process by getting their genitalia altered to the new gender, does that mean they are virgins-even if they have kids from a previous hetero relationship?
 deetristate
Msg: 780
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 3/27/2016 6:01:47 PM
One man's reasonable is another man's unreasonable.

Why does anyone having a reasonable opinion that you consider unreasonable matter to anyone? How does it affect their life? Why does it matter to anyone but you?

There are psych professionals and professors and researchers who also find it a mental illness. Not much different from the man in south america who thinks that he is a superhero goatman.

Whatever. We all can gave opinions. And there is reality. A man can never become a woman and vice versa.

The opinion of others is interesting.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 781
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 3/27/2016 6:23:26 PM
deetristate- I did not tell the other poster how to live her life, I simply questioned why she cares about what a celebrity does that she will never meet.
This is a PUBLIC forum, you post, you better be ready for people to disagree.
You disagreeing with me, or me disagreeing with you is NOT the same as you telling me how to live my life, nor me you.
Apples and oranges comparison and, honestly, a lame one at that.
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 782
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 3/27/2016 7:02:19 PM

Why are people so invested in the opinion of people who think that Bruce is a man, will always be a male and has a mental disorder?

Because people who think like you do have a decidedly frequent tendency to put those thoughts into action in situations where they have no business doing so... Like in a retail store... or service... or employment... or housing...

And this tendency is directly proportional to their tendency to attempt to dictate "You can't..." or "You aren't.." on a societal level...

And this can be measured by the frequency with which they make public pronouncements of "You can't..." or "You aren't..." all the while ranting at others for supporting "those deviants"...

In other words, it matters because people who think like you do have a strong tendency to engage in discrimination...
 cassie2425
Msg: 783
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 3/27/2016 7:14:22 PM
Mungojoe...when was the last you had a big O? THE big O?

Sending a big old standing O for you as in a standing Ovation for your above post.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 784
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 3/27/2016 7:15:27 PM
^ It's like, the perfect shade. It really brings out your eyes :)

* At Joe.
 Onyx49
Msg: 785
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 3/27/2016 7:33:40 PM
Discrimination sometimes collide with common sense.
The big issue going on now is in North Carolina, when a few days ago, they passed a law stating the Transgender community has to use public restrooms based on the sex stated on their birth certificate.

That's a problem for many in the LGBT community !
It's fine if men want to pose as women and convince others to go along with the charade...but those who choose not to won't have them side stepping into restrooms where children and women are.

Transgenders, have to understand that they are a new species...like martians...are cannot expect everyone to accept their lifestyle.
I believe they know their choice is nonconventional...and retaliation will be abundant, relentless and frequent...the restroom issue is a small issue, one they shouldn't continue and focus on the big ones....like adopting kids and legally being called the mother.
 daynadaze
Msg: 786
view profile
History
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 3/27/2016 7:47:55 PM
Transgender people have always been around, it's nothing new, and there is no reason in the entire world why anyone who is not harming anyone needs to kowtow to those who, boohoohoo, need more time to...what? What a load of BS.

I bet you in this thread alone at least one person is not the gender that's on their birth certificate and have been using the bathroom of the gender they identify as for years and nobody has been abused.
 deetristate
Msg: 787
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 3/27/2016 8:01:38 PM
So what there have been trannies forevet. There have also been liars and prostitutes and adulterers forevet.

Again, you can plant horns on your head and say that you are a goat. . . or bulll . . . or buck.

Fine.

I will just never address you or call you other than what you are, no matter what costume or surgery you have.

I also will not encourage such behavior or applaud that choice.

And I won't discourage Onyx from taking whatever action he feels necessary in response.

You make choices, you have consequences.

And what does my opinion about them have to do with you? Why do you care so much? How does it affect Your life?
No assumptions or conjecture. Irrelevant and immaterial. It just means that it does not affect you in any way whatsoever.

All the changing of the subject or conversation does not change reality. A man cannot change into a woman and vice versa.

Bruce can live in whatever fantasy world that he wants to live in. I will not participate or encourage it or tell him a lie- that he is now a woman. Simple.

You are free to encourage that insanity. No one can stop you.
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 788
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 3/27/2016 8:06:18 PM

^ It's like, the perfect shade. It really brings out your eyes :)

Thanks, but I can't really take too much credit for picking the perfect shade... It's really all in the lighting... Casts a natural shadow across the eyes without being too deep, avoids the "wide-eyed" look... The perfect shade just comes naturally...

I guess it really is "eye shadow", I hadn't thought of it that way...
 marilyncollet
Msg: 789
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 3/28/2016 5:12:26 AM
http://www.npr.org/2016/03/26/471991980/transgender-people-face-discrimination-in-job-market?utm_medium=RSS&utm_campaign=news

In this one limited instance I will agree with mungo....but people are entitled to freedom of thought and to not be around Transgenders if they choose. It is uncomfortable watching a man act like a woman, especially the supposedly perfect male.
 Onyx49
Msg: 790
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 3/28/2016 8:08:15 AM
I think it's completely wrong for people working in public places like restaurants, nail or hair salons, bakeries, and other
places to refuse service based on sexual orientation !

I also think it's wrong for Transgenders, to attempt to force their lifestyle down the throat of those who want no part of it.

The issue of the day is...if two Transgenders get married and adopt a child...can they legally be considered...Mothers !!!
 daynadaze
Msg: 791
view profile
History
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 3/28/2016 8:13:03 AM

You make choices, you have consequences.

Very true words, you might want to consider what that actually means.
 Maleman999
Msg: 792
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 3/28/2016 8:29:31 AM

The issue of the day is...if two Transgenders get married and adopt a child...can they legally be considered...Mothers !!!

Or you get cases like Jenner. where she fathered children when she was a man. Is she now the mother, and the kids have two mothers?
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 793
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 3/28/2016 8:42:44 AM

Or you get cases like Jenner. where she fathered children when she was a man. Is she now the mother, and the kids have two mothers?

No, the kids have a father and a mother... The clue is found in your own statement "fathered children"... Jenner can no more be their mother than she can be mother to a dachshund, but it is possible for her to be the second "Mommy" if that is what they all want...

It all comes down to that line about "what's inside" that goes something like...

"Any a$$hole with a d!ck can be a father..."

Which also works quite well the other way, for women, in that...

"Any a$$hole with a uterus can be a mother..."

Never conflate "fathering" and "mothering (birthing)" with "being a Dad" or "being a Mom"... The two are not the same thing...
 Angel_Feet_Hurt
Msg: 794
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 3/29/2016 6:30:08 AM
I have a friend who wants to transition from M to F.

More power to my friend AND my friend is HONEST. (s)he prefers other females.

What really would be WRONG IMO is to pose as a cis-gendered woman trying to date men w/o informing them that one still has a penis.
 daynadaze
Msg: 795
view profile
History
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 3/29/2016 8:24:39 AM
Jenner has address that with her children, that she is and always will be their father, they call her Dad, it's really not confusing, it's just that people like to make jokes at the expense of those involved.
 Onyx49
Msg: 796
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 3/29/2016 5:59:21 PM
It's not that Transgenders, should not be able to live and thrive...it's just that they seem to needy !

They require lots and lots of social attention, they seem to be trying to impose a third sexual species that need all sorts of guidelines, new laws and other things...just so they can fit in, because clearly they don't now.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 797
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 3/29/2016 6:23:58 PM
Mmm... I'm thinking it's the media that needs the attention.
 daynadaze
Msg: 798
view profile
History
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 3/29/2016 8:10:22 PM
Impose? It's always been there, they found a window and like any other group that's been treated like less-than-human for one reason or the other, they are fighting for their rights as human beings.
 Onyx49
Msg: 799
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 3/30/2016 12:33:25 PM
It's their live and they have every right to waste it on whatever they choose.
Thus far, the People of the United States, have paid for about 10 transgender surgical procedures via the Veterans Administration...we have military men and women that need prosthetic limbs that are being passed over to give some guy a facial reconstruction and fake boobs installed.

Sure Bruce has his own money, but it's unbelievable that as a tax payer...you've contributed to this movement.

Let them go and live and be happy, but don't ask me to pay for it.....
 cassie2425
Msg: 800
Caitlin Jenning
Posted: 3/30/2016 12:45:08 PM

...we have military men and women that need prosthetic limbs that are being passed over to give some guy a facial reconstruction and fake boobs installed.

Do you want to cite a source or back that up or just pull it out of your are like a few others on here?
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Caitlin Jenning