Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Review request for an Aussie SeaLady      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sealady111
Msg: 51
Review request for an Aussie SeaLady Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Hi all.
Looks like it may be time for another profile review.
Sock it to me.....
 call_me_tater
Msg: 52
Review request for an Aussie SeaLady
Posted: 10/25/2015 8:18:18 AM
Are you not getting messages at all?

Are you sending messages to men you're interested in?

I don't like the first paragraph.
I don't like the voluptuous/lumpy bits line.

You might want to try a version with less adjectives and descriptiveness...sometimes the important bits can get lost in there.
 o0BrownEyedGirl0o
Msg: 53
Posted: 10/25/2015 8:34:45 AM
Tater, I believe she bumped this to make it easier for me to find. I had some comments I wanted to make when I first saw this recent review but I kept mum. Then I read her RSVP profile and decided to ask if she would mind some feedback.

Sealady, I am just finishing up a computer project and I keep getting drawn back to the forums while it is cooking, my bad. I'll knuckle down now, I promise!
 o0BrownEyedGirl0o
Msg: 54
Posted: 10/25/2015 10:05:14 AM
First the pictures:

I am not so sure it is a good idea to use the same main on both sites, try using a different one but keep them all in the lineup and rotate them weekly. That way if someone sees them on both sites it will be because they actually READ the profile past the little blurb on POF. I'd also like to say that you need ALL new pictures done by a pro maybe? Why not splurge and find someone who does good portraits (even a friend?) That is what I am going to do in my next profile myself. Photog friend and I'll get all the jpegs to edit myself. Eric can tell you the drill. OUTDOORS and in NATURAL LIGHT but watch the squinting. A great example recently is Last Good Guy's mug where he is leaning on the brick wall, just stunning. The dark blue shade of your main pic shirt is just right and you look great in navy blue. But you cannot have fuzzy pics!

That being said, dump the winch wench one and please don't wear clothes like that. They are so unflattering (and please continue to call yourself average build here until you get a double chin). And the word 'wench' has a sexual overtone. On POF the 'work' one is colored funny and your hair is too white. Delete it and the bliss one and the one with the dogs. The blue cap one on RSVP is, at best, ok but it is fuzzy as is the blue dress one. The main from here can stay in the lineup but it is marginal as it shows your outfit a bit sloppily and has weird composition. If it were me and it is all I had I'd crop it a bit. Sunglasses on head is ok but please get all new pictures and rotate them between sites only if you have to. So that means about 30 top notch ones and you'll be set.

Sealady, I don't want to list the interest section one by one and tell you what is not right about it, I think you can see there are lots of fillers in there that need to be scrapped. Be intriguing and SPECIFIC.

I like the profile edit on RSVP better than the POF one, Tater pointed out something you should not have said. It needs firming up, however. And ideally you should have 2 different profiles anyway and not re-use this one. The guys have seen it and they are lazy hunters. I think you are getting ignores a LOT because of that.

So here's a re-write and maybe you can get an idea of what I am talking about.

Headline: Sunshine and Water, Laughter and Us - what a magical combination!

Bright, bubbly and gregarious, that's me. [All photos taken during 2015. Remove this and caption your photos only with the date, not the place] I am passionate about the simple things in life like the morning chorus of the creatures (sorry, use your own words, mine are awkward)

Monday to Friday will find me staring at a computer screen with a phone glued to my ear. But I am self employed and when it is quiet, I can take time off to enjoy weekday pleasures while the rest of the world is at work. On weekends I want to get out and savour this paradise we are so fortunate to call home: from the the outback to the desert. Do you know how magical Lightning Ridge is? If not we can explore it together!

In winter I can be found curled up in front of the fire, in summer it is sunshine and water for me. I adore anything to do with water but especially pleasure sailing in our stunning harbour or dropping anchor in a secluded spot in Broken Bay, and lazing the day away. Sipping bubbly whilst marveling at the stars and the brilliant phosphorescence before a wonderful night's sleep. Waking up to a dive over the side for a swim before breakfast. So much more fun with a special someone!

I was a performer with the Richmond Players in "Oklahoma" in May of this year and I will again be singing Handel's "Messiah" with a Hornsby choir prior to Christmas. (My singing is more enthusiasm than talent). My cooking is basic, simple and from scratch. Favourites include: steak, seafood, warm salads, roasts, pasta, stir fry, omelette, finger foods, bbq and strawberries. Yum!!! There are local farms close to where I live where you can buy strawberries picked that morning, ripened on the plant.

You can see what I did, I got rid of too much white space and reworded things a bit and tried to keep the language more 'active', where the reader might be able to imagine himself in the picture. The above re-write is best used as a template, anyway.

I liked the rest from POF:

What am I seeking?
Partner, lover, friend, confidant.

First Date
Yes please.
Lets do it.
Lets meet somewhere for a chat.

Who knows what can happen.
I look forward to meeting you.

On RSVP is there any other way to word it besides 'Agnostic' and I know you don't want someone else's kids but could you not filter that out later?
 sealady111
Msg: 55
Posted: 10/25/2015 1:02:33 PM
Thank you :)
I had to shorten the headline as there is a charachter limit.
Will work on some new photos.

Yes I do send initial messages and get some messages and meets.
But they do not become what I am seeking.

I seem to have a magnet for:
Married/Attached.
Seeking FB's e.g. Yesterday lunch man. Friday night, a man who had not yet asked my name invited me to his home at 9pm.
Broke. Had a man yesterday contact me. He is unemployed and staying with his children.
Or when they turn up they are not as advertised.

Yes I meet wonderful men everyday.
All married.

What I am doing is obviously not working so all suggetions gratefully accepted.

p.s. For non Aussies.
The Dawn Chorus is the daily cachophony of noise created by the native birds just on dawn.
In places it is so loud it can be deafening.
People from overseas are often amazed.
For us it is normal. Magnificently normal.

pps.. The top off to my day yesterday was when I returned home from the lunch and walked into my study there was a dead possum on the floor.
 BLonde^J^AngeL
Msg: 56
Posted: 10/25/2015 2:00:57 PM

Bright, bubbly and gregarious, that's me.
keep this

I am passionate about the simple things in life like waking to the dawn chorus.
attracts the broke men you have met in the past

Monday to Friday will find me staring at a computer screen with a phone glued to my ear.
As I am self employed , when it is quiet, I can take time off to enjoy weekday pleasures while the rest of the world is at work.
simplify to what ur occupation is as to condense ur ad; make it succinct.

On weekends I want to get out and savour this paradise we are so fortunate to call home: from the the city, water and the outback desert.
Do you know how magical Lightning Ridge is? If not we can explore it together!
take this out, ur already taking the lead w/ suggestions for dates w/ this.

In winter I can be found curled up in front of the fire, in summer it is sunshine and water for me. I adore anything to do with water but especially pleasure sailing in our stunning harbour or dropping anchor in a secluded spot in Broken Bay, and lazing the day away. Sipping bubbly whilst marveling at the stars and the brilliant phosphorescence before a wonderful night's sleep. Waking up to a dive over the side for a swim before breakfast. So much more fun with a special someone!
Nice but too wordy IMO & conveys that u will be providing the entertainment via sailing, the bubbly & the "sleep" (translation-sex)

I was a performer with the Richmond Players in "Oklahoma" in May of this year and I will again be singing Handel's "Messiah" with a Hornsby choir prior to Christmas. (My singing is more enthusiasm than talent).

nice-condense/simplify

My cooking is basic, simple and from scratch. Favourites include: steak, seafood, warm salads, roasts, pasta, stir fry, omelette, finger foods, bbq and strawberries. Yum!!! There are local farms close to where I live where you can buy strawberries picked that morning, ripened on the plant.

delete this- it infers u will be cooking 4 them.

Sorry if this sounds mean- much of ur ad invites in a man who wants a free bed & breakfast.

try something like this instead...

Bright, bubbly and gregarious, that's me.
I work in the ____field all week so I enjoy all the area has to offer on the weekends. Where is your favorite spot? Would you care to show me? I also love to act & sing & participate in local theatre. What is ur favorite type of music? I would love for you to broaden my horizons!

take some new pics, a nice headshot of you as you would appear on a 1st meet, plus 1 body shot in a flattering dress that you would wear if a nice gent was taking you out to dinner.
 sealady111
Msg: 57
Posted: 10/25/2015 2:36:05 PM
Ok, let's see.
I have browneyes suggestion on here and BlondeAngel on the other site.
Am having dinner with the girls tomorrow night and will ask them to take some pictures.

What I have been doing has not worked.
So let's see.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2015 4:34:11 AM
looking for love in all the wrong places. It is not your profile so revamping it wont help I don't think,. Men who are the calibre that you want and deserve, desirable, intelligent, successful etc are taken and/or not lurking on dating sites to meet women. they are too busy having success in real life. After all these years I think you may need to accept that.. You will be happier I feel if you take the pressure off with trying so hard to meet men. Someone may come along in the normal course of life that is right for you.
 o0BrownEyedGirl0o
Msg: 59
Posted: 10/26/2015 5:24:47 AM
Actually, I don't really think Lady Di is looking in the wrong places per se, she is LOOKING and participating and coming up with the short end of the stick.

The profile rewrite looks flat, sorry my fault, mixed in with Angel's edits kinda ruined it. Your main has changed and now your face appears too large in the frame. I really like a less close shot for the thumbnail that appears at first glance. (I really disagree with her suggestions and reasoning altogether for her suggestions about re-wording it.)

I really think you would do well to re-profile yourself entirely and get completely new pics. I'm telling ya, I really think guys are lazy and creatures of habit and you may be being overlooked because of the sameness of your profile over the months has them not reading it in detail, skipping it over like they have from the beginning. You have to ruffle your tail feathers a bit and drop a different hanky sometimes to wake them up. (Rotate those (new) photos!

I think we all attract turkeys at times (our turkey might be another woman's prince), comes with the 'medium'. Just keep plugging along and keep up your IRL game. And consider removing restrictions in either profile and see what happens.
 sealady111
Msg: 60
Posted: 10/26/2015 2:53:59 PM
Report on current changes:

2 emails from POF
1 no picture - saying he likes my photos
1 man who is in his 70's saying he likes my photos but we live too far apart.

From the paid site:
2 continuing emails with men I have been 'chatting to off and on for a couple of weeks with days inbetween messages.
2 intital contacts from new men - no proper communication yet.

So no real change.
It is pictures, pictures pictures.
Then 'statistics'.
Hardly anyone bothers to read a profile.

p.s.
I will give what I have now a longer try.
Get some more new photos.

pps. Letitia you would think by now. Over 10 years of dating since my divorce that I should be used to it now.
BUT the thought of never feeling a man's arms around me ever again still brings tears to my eyes.

pps. Report on "Real Life" A married man whose wife was within 100metres asking me for sex and telling me that they are really not together.
Makes it awkward when she walks up to also say hello.
 Chromis1
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2015 4:23:36 PM
Hope to see ya again soon, Sealady.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 62
Posted: 10/26/2015 4:43:30 PM
Bon voyage, SeaLady! Woo-hoo!
Hopefully this means your dreamboat has arrived.
 overunity
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 10/27/2015 1:49:45 PM
The term "dreamboat" is really funny, but on her NEXT return I'm sure it will end up having been a tug.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Review request for an Aussie SeaLady