Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Interests of women over 50y/o      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 VMinRVA95
Msg: 251
Interests of women over 50y/oPage 11 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
Thank you deetristate for your refreshingly thoughtful response. My studies on immigration and fertility echoes yours as well. I too lean more towards culture over race for the development of most societal customs and mores. Certainaly the two are neither mutually exclusive or mutually inclusive. What I was trying to tactfully get at was white folks are pretty much toast demographically. Across the northern hemisphere we are an aging-out population with so few children. Now, yes there are white mormons and muslims from Eur-Asia, and other religious communities that respect marriage, family, and love their children, so you will have these enclaves for some time longer I suppose. A mathematician with more current data than me put white folks (European ancestry - lets define R1A1B2 - some folks here like to play semantic games) at less than 7% of the earth's population as of 5 years ago and nose diving fast. Concurrently, other population's have increased or even exploded. I guess feminist banner wavers like Susan Sontag and Robin Morgan will be gettin their wish with white genocide as they specifically called for it. However, their ideology is self-destructive and with it will die with them. Other cultures and races will have learned that lesson. Yes, there are black feminist like Angela Davis but there is no major fertility strike going on with black women like there is with white women.

Are there other driving issues with this great "demographic shift"? - you bet. Americans across the left and right voted in politicians who served up the destruction of our middle class and a perpetual war with Islam, and soon war with (the newly re-minted) Orthodox Christian Russia. Funny, Russia is the one country officially trying to reverse its genocide by invigorating marriage and procreation within it. No wonder Victoria Nuland hates them so much. Divorce on a whim and child custody laws are out of control and I could fill volumes on the effects that has on men and their children in most northern hemisphere countries. And Europeans would rather open the flood gates to mass immigration and pay for them with impressive tax burdens then bare children themselves. Germany has so few Germans left they are tearing down entire neighborhoods in many cities with no plans to rebuild any new housing in their place. Japan has draconian divorce laws and its population is in decline. China has its huge pool of surplus males. They call them bare-branches. Different dynamic in China though. We once had a community here in the USA and in England called the Shakers - read up on their procreation "dis-logic" and tell me how that story ended. (but they sure made nice furniture!). Yes there is a mix of madness here as I pointed out in earlier posts.

So lets not paint all feminist with such a wide brush I hear? Sure, if the orthodoxy of the movement wasn't so specifically misandrist even self-racist. There are some tea party feminist (as in tea party marxist, an old communist insult, not as in the American anarchist movement) who might think guys are good to have around to buy them dinners, take them out, and fix things. Maybe if they behave themselves and use the litter box some of these guys might get laid. They can only hope!

Ok, the logic grenade has been tossed in the punch bowl one last time... my work here is done. Applause?
 BillyBuckshot14
Msg: 252
Interests of women over 50y/o
Posted: 6/19/2015 11:20:03 PM

it is MANY women and MEN, btw, who are working towards the common goal, hopefully, of giving women the CHOICES that they didn't have throughout history to have autonomy over their own lives and bodies....

That might have been the situation 30 years ago. Today the name of the game is different as all of the initial objectives of the 1st waive has been achieved. To underscore this point I ask you this…name one CHOICE or right a woman does not have in today’s society.

Most of the women that I have encountered that are involved in the Feminist movement in the last 30 years, are NOT 'man-haters' and don't want to live in some kind of 'opposiiteworld' where women now get to be the 'superior group'...

But the leaders and prominent figureheads are radicalized. By not opposing them or their insane misandry message you become guilty by association. You yourself have at several occasion demonstrated that you have no problem parrot heading their dishonest message including that of rape hysteria and the wage gap. Both which has been thoroughly debunked. That makes you their agent as you aid in the efforts to demonize men. So yes, the generalization is accurate.

Should we judge the MILLIONS of others out there, who DON'T have those beliefs by that minority?

But you do. By not critically examining and questioning the underlying fact in favor of a reliance on emotions you are in fact no different than the minority that speaks on behalf of the movement!!

As for the female anti-feminists, well, yes, they are out there, too, and for myself, I consider them as misguided and misinformed as the men who follow MGTOW, and their ilk....

Yes misguided is the blanket response given to all the anti-feminists women by starch feminists. However, not once have I seen a logical rebuttal to why they are misguided. Why is that? Could it be that you have none?

@ anti...Yes, Feminism really does seem to be the 'dumping ground' du jour...n'est-ce pas? Lol

When the actions of a movement does not correspond with the definition of the movement then eventually the movement will be called out on its hypocritical nature, not what it claims to be. Gender equality is what you claim to stand for but the actions of your modern precious movement are of none of the sort. What your modern movement has demonstrated, however, is that it has an unsationable appetite to control every aspect of male behavior and to further female privileges on the expense of men. And that is why it has become your dumping ground du jour. It has earned every bit of it! You just can’t see it from where you stand.

That's ok, women have dealt with oppression and inequality for thousands of years.

And there is the proof of my above claim.
 Dee4166
Msg: 253
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2015 3:57:54 AM
@Billy...Well LOTS of assumptions and generalizations there....LOL

Any way, I have had this debate repeatedly here, and can tell that you are quite firm in your beliefs and are less interested in a 'debate' than in proving yourself in the 'right'....

I WILL admit...so am I!!!LOL

I don't have the time nor inclination to get into an endless circular argument about the error of such statements as my 'promoting the rape culture and gender wage gap' fallacies, and, although I am aware that there are quite a few people in the Western world who believe that the Western societies ARE the 'world', actually, there are still MANY other countries where women do NOT have ANY rights, try picking up a newspaper one day...

Feminism has NO borders...as long as there is a woman somewhere in the world being sold into sexual slavery, having her genitals mutilated as a matter of tradition so that she isn;t tempted to stray in her marriage, who is being KILLED because she was raped, who is forced to have a child against her will, and so on...True feminists will continue their work.

Even in those Western societies, there are still many issues that need to be addressed, but, you are dismissing those as being 'debunked', so...

And not quite sure how my making an accurate statement about women being oppressed since the dawn of humankind, basically, is 'proving' anything either....

Nope, not getting into this, you have obviously been around long enough to have read my thoughts on this before, enough to have almost completely misinterpreted them any way...lol

Which tells me that you only want an opportunity to 'dress down' what you SO despise in a public forum in order to feel some sense of validation for what are nothing more than warped, twisted and erroneous views on your own part, on what you 'believe' that represents....Which you have EVERY 'right' to hold, as that IS the beauty of a free and EQUAL society....

You don't know me at all, you have NO clue apparently as to who I am, and have selectively chosen arbitrary portions of statements that I've made to 'support' a flimsy argument, that is nothing more than the sounds of dissatisfaction of the oppressor, mourning the loss of power...

Sorry, there, bud...NOT interested! LOL
 Walts
Msg: 254
Posted: 6/20/2015 4:53:49 AM

So have we finally come up with a list yet?????

It would be kinda cool to find how the girls like it, and from what position.

Ummmm, sorry.

Ladies.
 antirepublican
Msg: 255
Posted: 6/20/2015 5:27:41 AM

Nope, not getting into this, you have obviously been around long enough to have read my thoughts on this before, enough to have almost completely misinterpreted them any way...lol

I think that I am uniquely situated to comment here so I'll add a few things. I tend to accept Billy's version of the facts where we differ is in what to do about them. Feminism has been very, very good to me. My first career was with the Federal Government. Nobody but the bloated, feminist dominated welfare state would have paid me so much, for so long for doing so little. In my second career, working women are a god-send. They are the bulk of my clients. Men do their own home repairs and renovations. Women pay me. Does that mean that I am a male feminist? Hardly. It would be difficult to find a more blatant misogynist than I am.

Still, feminism has its uses. Not to create justice and equality around the world or any of that nonsense. But to line your pockets and live off the labor of numbskulls. I don't know the exact figure but I am positive that a large percentage of every dollar in my bank account started with some poor sucker working a 90 hour week in order to write his alimony or child support check.

A lot of disgruntled men have decided to avoid marriage and/or relationships. That is only the first step. Next is to understand that feminism isn't against you, only "good" men. Whenever one of us gets away with something, some devoted husband or loving father takes the whipping for us. That is only fair because they threaten US with violence more than they do their wives. We have no kinship with those guys. Who cares what happens to them? You can do very well under feminism if you let the pack mules do your lifting along with women's. The more they are used, the more advantage we gain.
 kj521
Msg: 256
Posted: 6/20/2015 6:00:46 AM
And yet.... Mr. Antirepulican.....you're not happy....your posts evoke a sense of acceptance of your failures and fears.

You self define as a misogynist but you could substitute your "ist" of choice with others and the reasons would remain the same.

I think you and Billy would do well to address the root causes of your views rather than continue to employ defense mechanisms and justify.

Wishing you well.
 BLonde^J^AngeL
Msg: 257
Posted: 6/20/2015 6:09:48 AM

And yet.... Mr. Antirepulican.....you're not happy....your posts evoke a sense of acceptance of your failures and fears.

You self define as a misogynist but you could substitute your "ist" of choice with others and the reasons would remain the same.

I think you and Billy would do well to address the root causes of your views rather than continue to employ defense mechanisms and justify.

Wishing you well.

I've known him fairly well for close to 10 years, nothing can be further from the truth, he is happy NOW, altho he may have been unhappy THEN.

Sorry for outing our friendship A.R. ;oD
 BillyBuckshot14
Msg: 258
Posted: 6/20/2015 7:53:47 AM
Dee,

That was a lot of words saying nothing more than what you FEEL OUGHT to be the current situation. But what you FEEL is diabolically opposed to facts and that IS. Hence, your entire post is nothing more than ramblings of someone completely lacking an argument and henceforth there is nothing to debate.

I agree there is work TO BE done outside western societies but inside western societies were all the work IS being done you are already the privileged class yet you scream for more! Like Anti said above, it’s about lining the pockets on the labor of others and that is very transparent at this point.

And not quite sure how my making an accurate statement about women being oppressed since the dawn of humankind, basically, is 'proving' anything either....

Women being oppressed? Again, this is a matter of how you define oppressed. Yes women did not have the right to vote a century ago nor did they have the right to own property. But they were not called upon to make the ultimate sacrifice either to protect the other gender. How many men have laid down their lives to protect women and children and how many women have made that sacrifice to protect men? Is that not one hell of a privilege???? How many men took up dangerous and life shortening jobs to protect and feed their families or face the stigmatization of society? Did women have the same demand placed upon their shoulders? No. So exactly who were oppressed centuries ago?

You see, that is how you prove the point I made. You are completely incapable of identifying all the privileges women had and still have. Instead, you have taken all the areas in which you think you were disadvantaged and wrapped that into one little Oppression story ignoring all your privileges in the process. And that is why you are now seeing the backlash. You can only scream more more more for so long until people start reacting to the parasitic nature which is the current state of your precious movement.
 BillyBuckshot14
Msg: 259
Posted: 6/20/2015 8:04:35 AM

That is only the first step. Next is to understand that feminism isn't against you, only "good" men.

Exactly!! The enlightened are already re-writing our programming and/or playbook to take full advantage of the present unknowingly handed over in a nice little package by the feministas. Hence, the women against feminism movement as this is a group of women saying “ohh shait, those feminist are fu$king up the gravy train”.

Whenever one of us gets away with something, some devoted husband or loving father takes the whipping for us.

Yep. No good deed goes unpunished.

The more they are used, the more advantage we gain.

Correct again.
 kj521
Msg: 260
Posted: 6/20/2015 8:20:44 AM
Mr. Billy....

That is an interesting perspective on oppression.

"But they were not called upon to make the ultimate sacrifice either to protect the other gender. How many men have laid down their lives to protect women and children and how many women have made that sacrifice to protect men?"

Who were these women and children being protected from? Why was it necessary?

vvvv Yes...I see many blessings just not the ones you describe.
 BillyBuckshot14
Msg: 261
Posted: 6/20/2015 8:20:52 AM

I am going to give you a hint of what is causing the views. Its one word called the TRUTH ;). As far as dismissing us as unhappy, nothing could be further from the truth. Do you even understand what a blessing feminism has been for men who can see through the nonsense and play the deck provided :).
 Piroood21543
Msg: 262
Posted: 6/20/2015 9:04:42 AM
Billy, I get where you say the feminist movement has caused lots of problems for women. Can you explain though why it has been a great benefit for men? I see men falling further behind in many areas. More women than men in college. More competition for good jobs, etc.
 antirepublican
Msg: 263
Posted: 6/20/2015 9:33:02 AM
I see men falling further behind in many areas. More women than men in college. More competition for good jobs, etc.

You asked Billy and I'm positive he can add a few more but I'll try my hand at a few.

College -- Fewer men are getting the chance to sell their lives to the Federal Reserve for a scrap of toilet paper.

Competition for good jobs -- What competition? Plumbers. electricians, miners and drillers and yes even carpenters are male dominated fields and likely to remain so. Women don't want those jobs. They want office, make-work jobs. What is more is that wages and salaries in male dominated fields continue to rise where as wherever women start to dominate a field, wages drop through the floor.

In net income terms, men who earn minimum wage have more net income than even well paid women. It only costs a man about a quarter of what it costs a woman to support themselves. Men pay more in taxes. Men have higher insurance rates and collect less Social Security but still come out ahead.

The confusion comes when you mix married men in with single men. Married men keep nothing that they earn no matter how much. Single men get to keep everything no matter how little they earn.
 Piroood21543
Msg: 264
Posted: 6/20/2015 9:38:23 AM
Yes. There is an argument that given no jobs for the college educated, the trades are now the place to be. And yes, I never see women electricians, plumbers, etc. That may change as the middle class continues to lose its battles against the oppression by big business.

And I also agree, a single guy can live on virtually nothing and be quite happy. Add women to the mix, shopping, brand names, etc...costs go up very, very quickly.
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 265
Posted: 6/20/2015 9:50:41 AM
You certainly have the right to your views but.....

Fewer men are getting the chance to sell their lives to the Federal Reserve for a scrap of toilet paper.

Chance? Isn't that a personal choice?

In net income terms, men who earn minimum wage have more net income than even well paid women.

I'd like to see the source for this.

Men pay more in taxes.

In some cases yes. I dated one woman who paid more in federal tax a year than I ever grossed. It's all income dependent.

It only costs a man about a quarter of what it costs a woman to support themselves.

Again a source? This is similar to Billy's assuredness that "most" of his dollars came from child support and alimony payments from mules.
Not even a remote chance he would know what pct it was if any...but we'll say "most" since it embellishes his idealogy.
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 266
Posted: 6/20/2015 11:54:42 AM

Women don't want those jobs. They want office, make-work jobs.

I don't know if it's that women don't want these jobs or that a lot of them require being able lift a considerable amount of weight on a regular basis. I know a girl who thinks it's discrimination that a woman should be required to lift more than 50 lbs for a job.
 favely
Msg: 267
Posted: 6/20/2015 12:22:20 PM
its everywhere im from Canada!
 daynadaze
Msg: 268
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2015 12:25:25 PM
Yes of course, because all women work in offices, wear high heels that cost a fortune, are gold diggers, pay a fortune on make up, and shop shop shop till they drop on expensive clothes....what a load of bullshit. Most women probably do not do any of that, like most men, most women are in the middle to lower class level since most of the population is not rich. The mental mindset of those who hate to the point of lying their teeth, off is amazing to watch.
 Dee4166
Msg: 269
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2015 12:27:17 PM
I think I hear the delusional rantings of a dinosaur around here....LOL

No! that can't be!!!

They became extinct 65million years ago!!! lol

@ Billy...oh you poor oppressed MEN!!

What with your right to choose your own destiny and work and get paid a decent wage and NOT have to worry about your drunk or angry spouse coming home and beating and raping you because she had a BAD day, or having to carry the child that was impregnated by your father/cousin/uncle etc. because, hey!!! You're just a sperm dump for the FAMILY, as nobody gave two sh!its....what happened to you...

Hey let's BRING up some history there, I am a buff, and we can discuss the "oppression" of MEN, vs women back then....

Silly, silly me....

Please...you're embarrassing yourself by speaking about something that you have obviously formed opinions on based on selective information that you've cobbled together with a whole lot of generalizations and garden variety wishful thinking....

Whatever...yes, I just want MORE, that's right, like ANY man has EVER 'given' me ANYTHING in my Life!!! Other than a major headache as of right now....LOL

As for men fighting in wars and doing risky jobs, well the average lifespan for women was also around 26, less than HALF that of the average man, depending on which period in history you're looking at, and, if she was lucky, up until the last 100 or so years and while that was largely due to childbirth, there were MANY women who fought and died beside their men, before men realized that they better protect women by not allowing them into combat in order to continue the species....and barred women from war, as well as many women killed by abusive husbands...

Coincidentally, that is STILL happening today...How many men died last year at their spouses hands due to domestic abuse?
Do you know or have even a CLUE???

No, probably not, because you're stuck on thinking that all women want is MORE, rather than EQUAL....and spouting off regarding subjects that you KNOW nothing about, which is clear...

Done trying to reason with the delusional and insane...

Your views sicken me, and frankly, you're going to think whatever you want. So have at 'er....

Oh and by the way...you can stop projecting your OWN emotionality and ignorance onto ME...I have been part of the Feminist movement for the last 30 years and speak from experience and information, you HAVE NOT....

More importantly, I AM a woman and , again, you are NOT....

So, do me a favour and stop trying to TELL me what my Lifetime of experience AS a woman has been or has not been, got it?
You have NO clue and NO interest in actually HEARING about it from women apparently, unlike myself who HAS spoken to MANY, MANY men over the years about their experiences as MEN in today's world....

Just because YOU believe that something IS, based on little more than your own suppositions, and armchair evaluations, DOESN'T make it true....
I believe that you and that actual reality have merely a nodding acquaintance any way, if your posts are anything to judge by....
 2ufo
Msg: 270
Posted: 6/20/2015 12:39:31 PM

Women don't want those jobs. They want office, make-work jobs.

I don't know if it's that women don't want these jobs or that a lot of them require being able lift a considerable amount of weight on a regular basis. I know a girl who thinks it's discrimination that a woman should be required to lift more than 50 lbs for a job.

My first ten years including hefting wet trash and loading the incinerator (a beast)... often 50+ lbs. It was the best-paying job around which was why I took it. My first job was working on a fishing boat in Alaska - lots of 50lb lifting there too - and also a bit above minimum wage. Maybe I'm a 'monetary feminist', someone who believes in equal pay for equal work and that 'traditional' women's work is underpaid. Perhaps if I twitted it, I'd become the fastest growing women's movement around.

The fact that you know a girl who considers lifting 50 lbs as discrimination says more about you and your friends than it says about women. But ask her if she'll take up weight-lifting to lift 50lbs if it will double her salary.

Apropos of nothing - Russia is not the only country working to increase the birth rate. Many European countries offer money and perks to encourage children and have greater taxes due to this. And, why do you think there are more males in China. Perhaps 2000 years of female infanticide and, more recently, sex-selective abortion? Nor does Victoria Nuland hate Russia; she believes they are wrong in invading the Ukraine.

But, I absolutely adore *eyeroll* these men who decide that everything is a 'feminist' plot when so often social change can actually be attributed to economics - from women taking on more 'masculine', better paying jobs to having countries cover, via high taxation) the cost of child-raising with perks like paid maternity and paternity leave (i.e. parts of Europe).
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 271
Posted: 6/20/2015 12:43:54 PM

Hey let's BRING up some history there, I am a buff, and we can discuss the "oppression" of MEN, vs women back then....

That depends on what history you're talking about. Despite what a lot of people think not every culture oppressed women. In fact, a lot of native North American tribes and some other indigenous peoples as well have a concept of female superiority. I know a Mohawk Indian woman who told me that we would think that their culture discriminated against men because women had more rights than everybody else. Interestingly, she didn't want anything to do with feminists and saw them as "man haters."
 2ufo
Msg: 272
Posted: 6/20/2015 2:31:57 PM
There are several cultures throughout time and over the world where there have been varying degrees of female participation in the ruling politics. Perhaps we here in the modern Western world are becoming one.

A lot of people call feminists 'man haters' along with other derogatory terms. It doesn't make it valid and would only make me think less of her other words in the same way I think less of other people who apply labels to groups of people. When I was younger, I might have tried to talk to her and find out why she thinks a feminist is a man-hater. These days, I don't care enough about what people think.
 newoldgirl
Msg: 273
Posted: 6/20/2015 4:10:56 PM

A lot of people call feminists 'man haters' along with other derogatory terms. It doesn't make it valid and would only make me think less of her other words in the same way I think less of other people who apply labels to groups of people. When I was younger, I might have tried to talk to her and find out why she thinks a feminist is a man-hater. These days, I don't care enough about what people think.

So true!

When I say I am a Feminist, this is what I mean: I want women and girls to be treated fairly in every situation. Sometimes fair and equal are the same thing, and sometimes they are not. Sometimes, equal treatment can be legislated, and sometimes it can't. "But who is watching out to see that boys and men are being treated fairly?" you say! Happily, when women are treated fairly is does not directly result in men being treated UNfairly. In fact, what is fair for women is usually fair for men.

A very easy example which can be legislated and on which most people can agree is equal pay for all people who do hold the exact same job. I work in the public sector ( my salary is published in the Sunshine list--an Ontario thing) so I know that my employer pays men and women equally.

There is a whole lot of subjectivity when it comes to equal pay for different jobs that are roughly equivalent in terms of qualifications, skill set, and the difficulty of the work itself. Obviously, this cannot be legislated, hence the need for Feminists to continue to examine this issue. Nobody is trying to take something away from anybody. Quite the opposite.

An example of where things need to be different for women to make it fair is maternity leave. Women are the ones who have the babies, so there needs to be maternity leave in the best interest of all the little boys and girls that are born. When a woman leaves work to have a baby, she should not have her job taken away from her, or come back to find her hours have been cut or she has been demoted because in that case she would be being penalized for her biology.

In the law and in the workplace, there have been some important changes, but the changes that need to come from society itself are slower. The idea that certain sexual behaviours are acceptable for a man, but slutty for a woman is repellent to me, and also illogical, so there is still a need for Feminists to speak up on these issues.

There are SO many issues that I look at through a Feminist lens that I couldn't begin to explain them all, and of course, a lot of what I would say would fall on deaf ears anyway, so that's my two cents on that!

As far as the "man hating" variety of Feminists, I am not one, and I would no more willingly associate with these people than I would with a Male Chauvinist. The problem for Feminists is that there are still a lot of Male Chauvinists who have power and influence over society. Conversely, I don't think the "man hating radical feminists" are to be feared much, as very , very few of them have any clout in the workplace or in society. I doubt any man would have anything to do with them, so they are pretty much just hurting themselves.
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 274
Posted: 6/20/2015 6:14:02 PM
I recently read an article in which a feminist called the Men's Rights Movement misogynists. I've thought about getting involved in the Men's Rights Movement, not because I hate women, but because I think that men are often the victim of negative stereotypes.

- Chivalry has got to. Men shouldn't be thought of as the sole providers these days.
- The media shouldn't portray men as idiotic women-ogling buffoons.
- The notion that all men are potential pedophiles and rapists should be discarded.

There are also issues which young boys and fathers are struggling with.

- Young boys are falling behind in math and literacy.
- Fathers should have just as much right as mothers to spend time with their children.

I am kind of hesitant to join the Men's Rights Movement now, because I don't know for sure if it is a hate group or a legitimate right's advocacy association. It might be somewhere in between, because just like feminism, it will attract it's extremists.

If feminism and men's right's movement came together we could call it "human rights".
 2ufo
Msg: 275
Posted: 6/20/2015 6:35:34 PM

Chivalry has got to. Men shouldn't be thought of as the sole providers these days.

What does chivalry to do with being a provider? Chivalry has to do with fairness, justice, bravery, courage, and courtesy. Yes, particularly to women -- but remember this was coming from a time when the main laws governing women had to do with being a man's possession and how thick a stick you could beat her with and it only applied to upper class women.
However, men should not be thought of as the sole economic providers. The stay-at-home parent should not be thought of as 'less' or lose economically due to staying at home.

The media shouldn't portray men as idiotic women-ogling buffoons..

Media does a lot of weird things. I simply prefer to expose myself to as little as possible.
However, I won't disagree with you here.

The notion that all men are potential pedophiles and rapists should be discarded.

Agreed.

Young boys are falling behind in math and literacy.

Have we determined why?
I have a tendency to blame the schooling of 'showing up is good enough to get an award'. I also have a tendency to blame a lack of time for parents to assist in schooling their kids due to the economic requirement of having a double-parent family (single mom here with very little time to help my son with understanding his homework)

Fathers should have just as much right as mothers to spend time with their children.

Agreed.
Fathers should be required to spend as much time with their children as mothers.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Interests of women over 50y/o