Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Interests of women over 50y/o      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ladyinred4755
Msg: 51
Interests of women over 50y/oPage 3 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
Well Op here's the low down. I am an older woman.

I LOVE camping, can still rough it in a tent. Been camping ALL my life.
LOVE riding on a motorcycle. Now that my kids are raised, college educated AND married, I can get on with my life.
Never did hunt and deep sea fishin' is the only kind of fishin' I like.
Grew up with a canoe sittin' in the garage. My family used it a lot.

When I was looking to date I included ALL of the things I LOVE to do, as well as, a few I like to do, in my "Interests" list. I included my favorite food, my favorite band, and the vehicle I love to drive.
I changed the list to reflect the season or time of year. This past winter is the first winter, due to an ankle injury, that I didn't GO snow tubing or ice skating. Yes, those 2 activities would have been on my 'winter' list.

My family doesn't need me now, as they did when they were younger. LOL, Actually I have a whole lot of livin' to do before I need to devote a lot of my time to looking after my elderly mother and my aunt. Many women can and do still enjoy the things they loved to do, when they were younger.
LMAO Not many of us are ready for the rocking chair!

FYI, not everyone on an OLD site is a fake, is dishonest or just makes crap up just to reel someone in.
For some of us, WE are , who we say we are, WE do, what we say we do .

When reading profiles look for what you like and if you don't see it, move along. That simple.

BTW, My son and his family lived in Pittsburgh for several years. Moved away last fall. Great city!
 clooneystutor
Msg: 52
Interests of women over 50y/o
Posted: 6/9/2015 4:36:34 AM

Welcome to the Fun New World

Amen to that brother!

Damn. No shortage of women taking the lead these days :)
 Guywithabrain
Msg: 53
Posted: 6/9/2015 4:48:46 AM

Ladyinred4755 - LOVES camping and riding motorcycles

thank you for a reply that doesn’t include why you think I am angry or insult women just because I ask a question;
I realize there are people who genuinely enjoy all those outdoor activities, and some were prevented from enjoying doing more of them for various reasons earlier in life.
I also have a hard time believing people would outright lie about things like enjoying fishing or whitewater rafting since it would be so obvious they were faking if invited to do it. If they would lie about stuff like that, what WOULDN’T they lie about!
Why though, do you say “not ready for the rocking chair” ? There are plenty of things that keep me active, My yard is large, it takes 2 ½-3 hrs to cut the grass (NOT on a riding mower)….that’s a lot o cardio, and more than I’d probably get camping. and definately more than fishing. lol. just sayin…
but I don’t need to “prove” that I’m a healthy person by being constantly active in extracurricular recreation, even though I may have enjoyed it in the past (I hunted and fished - just don’t see the point anymore)
I’ve ‘moved along’ from so many local profiles they are sending me matches from Ireland. maybe its time to finally try another site.
 motowncowgirl
Msg: 54
Posted: 6/9/2015 5:38:54 AM

I realize there are people who genuinely enjoy all those outdoor activities, and some were prevented from enjoying doing more of them for various reasons earlier in life.

did this realization just hit you? otherwise, it seems hardly possible given your opening post about the marked increase in the number of women in the Pittsburgh who like traditionally 'male' activities.

I’ve ‘moved along’ from so many local profiles they are sending me matches from Ireland. maybe its time to finally try another site.

maybe it's time for you to find another city. if you go to another site, 80% of the same faces will be over there too, and i'm sure the remaining 20% will consist of too many women who like traditionally 'male' activities for your button-sewing tastes.
 Ladyinred4755
Msg: 55
Posted: 6/9/2015 7:36:22 AM
OP, To answer your question. I see apples and oranges here.

Why though, do you say “not ready for the rocking chair” ?

If you asked me on a date, I can promise you, I would NOT say, "Oooo, I would just love to sit for hours in a rocking chair." No, Not hardly!

I hate assumptions, (Yah, I know I've said it before, LOL) but I assume when the heading is "Interests" it implies, activities/ things/places, a person enjoys/LOVES/likes to do, perhaps alone, although prefers the company of others , desires the company of one,......... for pleasure/relaxation/leisure/FUN!

There are plenty of things that keep me active, My yard is large, it takes 2 ½-3 hrs to cut.................

Don't confuse work, for pleasure. Mowing your lawn may keep you active, (otherwise known as work) but unless I'm mistaken, you would not invite a woman to come join you. You may even enjoy mowing your lawn, but it's a bad idea for a date.

NOT on a riding mower

LOL, Where would she sit?

I can read between the lines here.
You have been looking/searching for a woman, (longer than you thought it would take,) you are attracted to, one who shares your life style. You are frustrated! It seems there are NO women in Pittsburgh who are single AND you want to meet them AND they want to meet you. I get that.

Take a vaycay from OLD sites. Rethink. Recharge. Relax. ..............Redo your profile. Be positive. Be patient.

.....Have you had a Maple Bacon mini donut from the Mini Donut shop at "The Strip"? Mmm mmm mmm Delish!
Now there's a good place to go for a meet date! LOL
 ohenryx
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 6/9/2015 9:17:53 AM

Strawberry_Jello
So ohenry, do you let these women know that you plan on buffet browsing, or do you leave that out of the conversation, leading them to think there's a possibility of more?

If you read my profile, you will see that it says “dating” and “looking for a relationship”. The words in my profile contain some very broad hints, very unsubtle hints, that I am not looking for a “conventional” relationship. My age is correct, my height is correct, the pictures are about 2 years old (I’ve lost a little weight, I should get some new pictures). All in all, my profile is probably more honest than 95% of the profiles I have verified (through meetings).

And, even after saying that, for the right woman, I would give it all up. But it would take a very special woman. When I was younger, I dated a lot of women, had a lot of fun, took nothing seriously. Then I met one special woman, everything changed, and I was married for 27 years.

sealady111
Certainly when I attend any of the things on your list women outnumber men significantly.

The same with Meetups and just about any other activity I can think that I have attended has more women than men over 50.

I guarantee that if you attend ANY MeetUp held at ANY of the activities on your list you will be significantly outnumbered by single women.

Henry is exactly right.
More mature women have far less choice than a 20 year old woman.
And MANY of the mature women are enjoying the buffet.
But they don't tell that till they have finished tasting that particular morsel.

Sealady, thank you for verifying what I have been saying. I have the distinct impression that you meant to say “men” instead of women in that last paragraph.

And MANY of the mature MEN are enjoying the buffet.
But they don't tell that till they have finished tasting that particular morsel.

However, if you did mean to say women, I would be very interested in meeting those women!
 Guywithabrain
Msg: 57
Posted: 6/9/2015 9:24:17 AM

ohenryx] - "women want to have a “boy friend”, or a “SO”. They enjoy having a male companion.
Men, on the other hand, date because they want sex."

well, I respect a lot of what you’ve said because you actually read and understood the question posed and didn’t start out just bashing me like a few females here who must think that every time a man questions a woman’s motives he hates women;
but (and it’s a big ‘but’)
you really reduce men to uninteresting opportunistic pieces of flesh with the above statement; if all I was interested in was sex, I wouldn’t bother seeking a long-term relationship; perhaps women only want a boyfriend, rather than a partner, due to statements like that putting the issue of trust to the forefront?
 plainster
Msg: 58
Posted: 6/9/2015 10:33:48 AM

well, I respect a lot of what you’ve said because you actually read and understood the question posed and didn’t start out just bashing me like a few females here who must think that every time a man questions a woman’s motives he hates women;

I think the issue is who hates who. You might be confused about that.

you really reduce men to uninteresting opportunistic pieces of flesh with the above statement; if all I was interested in was sex, I wouldn’t bother seeking a long-term relationship; perhaps women only want a boyfriend, rather than a partner, due to statements like that putting the issue of trust to the forefront?

I think that Ohenry is pretty correct. Older guys are not looking for sex so much anymore. One: they are well past the age of having sex on their mind 100% of the time, and two: older women for older men are simply not all that sexually alluring. But I agree with you that older guys are still looking for companionship with a woman who will help complement their lives. OTOH, if a guy feels like women are too much of a bother and bring too much discord to his life, it is easier to forgo them entirely rather than be manipulated by his own hormones.
 Ladyinred4755
Msg: 59
Posted: 6/9/2015 10:56:46 AM

long-term relationship; perhaps women only want a boyfriend, rather than a partner

I truly hope I will have a "Long term" relationship, WITH my boyfriend. He is my "Partner".
This is not a "perhaps" situation, or a "rather" situation. They are one and the same.

LOL, ohenryx, I agree somewhat, with your philosophy. However not ALL women are, as you describe. Not ALL men are, as you describe. (THANK GOODNESS) Just sayin'! LOL Even you, had to admit, from your cavalier days of dating, there was ONE lady, who stopped you in your tracks. That's it, just one, unique lady.

Ok OP, I'm done here. Now if you could send me one of those maple bacon donuts, I would be ever so grateful!
 CharminC
Msg: 60
Posted: 6/9/2015 10:58:36 AM

older women for older men are simply not all that sexually alluring.

Ha ha ha! .. thanks :O
*runs to a gym while booking an appt with a plastic surgeon*
You know, to present the other side of the coin, older men for older women are simply not all that sexually alluring. :)

What can you do eh? What can you do *shakes head and shrugs shoulders in surrender*
*croons wookin pa nub*
 CharminC
Msg: 61
Posted: 6/9/2015 11:02:39 AM

Now if you could send me one of those maple bacon donuts

Ohhhhh! Food !
Try this for a quick sub... take a thick slice of french bread and toast it.
Slather it with butter, maple syrup and ...........crumpled bacon! Eat it like a pancake. :)
(to be truly wicked, slather nutella instead of butter)

I serve this without the bacon in my home once a blue moon as a treat. We call it Grampa's toast since it was originally his. :)
 plainster
Msg: 62
Posted: 6/9/2015 11:04:24 AM

You know, to present the other side of the coin, older men for older women are simply not all that sexually alluring. :)

Absolutely. It is pretty appalling how so many of both sexes seem to allow their bodies to get in such pitiful conditions. Metabolic Syndrome everywhere you look. The great majority of older people are simply in terrible shape. Those who aren't are the ones who are constantly bicycling or skiing, hiking, hunting alligators or doing what they can to stay active. But far, far too few do this. I can't imagine a woman crawling into bed with many of the guys I see around and vice-versa.
 CharminC
Msg: 63
Posted: 6/9/2015 11:24:13 AM

It is pretty appalling how so many of both sexes seem to allow their bodies to get in such pitiful conditions.

Isn't it?!!!!!!
God damn mutha$#%@! AGING !!!! How dare it turn us into Mr. and Ms. Shrek
Oh*gasp* ... the hugemantatee *raises hand to forehead and faints*

No worries folks, my shrek-ish poundage shall soften my fall
 plainster
Msg: 64
Posted: 6/9/2015 11:32:00 AM

God damn AGING

You knew I could not let this one go by without commenting, right? Aging HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT. It is all about eating too much and moving too little. Aging simply makes it harder to take care of your body. It by no means makes it impossible to do so.
 CharminC
Msg: 65
Posted: 6/9/2015 11:36:59 AM

You knew I could not let this one go by without commenting, right? Aging HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT. It is all about eating too much and moving too little. Aging simply makes it harder to take care of your body. It by no means makes it impossible to do so.

My good gracious lord (if there is one), you'd be perfect for a certain pof member.
Shame you're just here for the forums :)
As for looks (or lack of), my only response is......................there is someone for everyone.
 Divinebeing
Msg: 66
Posted: 6/9/2015 12:03:43 PM

Aging simply makes it harder to take care of your body

Ain't that the truth !

Back in 2010 I was running for an hour on a regular basis. Have been trying to get back to that ever since.

I think I'm going to have to drastically change my habits in order to do so but .... old habits die hard.
 plainster
Msg: 67
Posted: 6/9/2015 12:06:09 PM
^^^^^ The capacity of the heart to pump blood declines with age. There is no amount of working out that will change this. But running an hour? Heck yea. Just takes more work and more conditioning . . . . not that running an hour is good for you or even necessary for good health.
 norwegianguy123
Msg: 68
Posted: 6/9/2015 2:13:32 PM

so in the last five years or so, I've noticed a marked increase in the number of women (in Pittsburgh) who list motorcycles, camping, fishing, kayaking, hunting, etc, and other more physically traditional 'male' activities as being their primary interests. .......... I'm posting this to hopefully get some feedback as to "why" these have become so popular in a more mature age group.

Because all their kids moved out and have more apt to taking on the outdoors, as opposed to the indoors? I don't think it's rare that outdoor activities that guys tend to like more than girls can be of interest to girls online. Especially when they're addressing compatibilities, don't have to stay in the house -- they'll want to show men "Hey, I like going fishing" and things of that nature that they've taken on a bit. They're not a house mom anymore. I mean, we're not talking about weight lifting, are we? lol
 StarClassic
Msg: 69
Posted: 6/9/2015 2:14:28 PM

Damn. No shortage of women taking the lead these days :)

And that's a good thing.
I Want a woman who will take the initiative.
Don't wait for me to wake up with a woody. Wake me up with a woody.
 Strawberry_Jello
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 6/9/2015 8:46:19 PM
I've got a first meet scheduled for Thursday. I tried to make it a walk in a local park. He nixed that idea and instead wants to meet in a restaurant. What are the chances he's in good enough shape to go for a walk? Not good methinks. Yup, I've met a few I couldn't imagine getting into bed with. And yes, I know it's the same with women too.

Absolutely. It is pretty appalling how so many of both sexes seem to allow their bodies to get in such pitiful conditions. Metabolic Syndrome everywhere you look. The great majority of older people are simply in terrible shape. Those who aren't are the ones who are constantly bicycling or skiing, hiking, hunting alligators or doing what they can to stay active. But far, far too few do this. I can't imagine a woman crawling into bed with many of the guys I see around and vice-versa.
 Mentisnow
Msg: 71
Posted: 6/9/2015 8:52:37 PM
And yet ohenry, you are here looking for a relationship. So it really hasn't worked in your favor.

FullMoonGuy
Msg: 72
Posted: 6/9/2015 9:46:29 PM

I've got a first meet scheduled for Thursday. I tried to make it a walk in a local park. He nixed that idea and instead wants to meet in a restaurant.

Did you direct him to the "cheap tipper" thread, as a fair warning?
 ohenryx
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 6/9/2015 10:05:10 PM

Ladyinred4755
LOL, ohenryx, I agree somewhat, with your philosophy. However not ALL women are, as you describe. Not ALL men are, as you describe. (THANK GOODNESS) Just sayin'! LOL

Well, of course they aren’t! I was generalizing, and anytime you do that, you’re going to misrepresent some segment of the population. We all know that some men and some women are as I said, the question is what percentage? I believe it is a fairly substantial percentage.

Even you, had to admit, from your cavalier days of dating, there was ONE lady, who stopped you in your tracks. That's it, just one, unique lady.

Absolutely, and it could happen again, easily. Last Saturday night I was dancing with a woman, and the chemistry was so intense I had to walk away, couldn’t even talk to her. Safest to stay away from that flame!

Strawberry_Jello
I've got a first meet scheduled for Thursday. I tried to make it a walk in a local park. He nixed that idea and instead wants to meet in a restaurant. What are the chances he's in good enough shape to go for a walk? Not good methinks. Yup, I've met a few I couldn't imagine getting into bed with. And yes, I know it's the same with women too.

Asking me to go for a walk would make me think of LiterateHiker, and the very thought of her marching me into the ground would make me run away screaming. Perhaps call it a “leisurely stroll”, the opposite of the Bataan Death March that she keeps talking about. (smile)

Mentisnow
And yet ohenry, you are here looking for a relationship. So it really hasn't worked in your favor.

Greetings, Mentisnow. I don’t believe I’ve encountered you here in the forums before now, so welcome aboard.
I’m not exactly sure what you mean by your comment. What hasn’t worked in my favor? My outlook on dating and relationships? That outlook hasn’t really hurt me, if that’s what you mean. My life is pretty good, thank you. I get dates, I go out with women, I have some good times. More good times than bad times, which is as much as anyone can ask for in this life.
 xlr8ingme
Msg: 74
Posted: 6/9/2015 10:25:39 PM
I don't think my interests have changed all that much, just the quality and quantity of them. Common sense prevails over the thrill of stupidity.
 whiterose0
Msg: 75
Posted: 6/9/2015 10:43:09 PM

The older men who know how this works tend to be partnered up. I am not, because I’m too busy enjoying the buffet. I have never in my life had it so good. And that is a fact, whether you choose to believe it or not. And I don’t really want to leave the buffet and settle for one woman’s home cooking. How about that for some truth?

There are definitely fewer men in my age group. But it's not because they're partnered up. It's because they were enjoying the buffets a little too much. Literally.

One woman's home cooking can be a good thing, provided she knows how to make the meals healthy and tasty at the same time. The man in my life is certainly not settling.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Interests of women over 50y/o