Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Interests of women over 50y/o      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 CharminC
Msg: 101
Interests of women over 50y/oPage 5 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)

I asked her to dance to a slow song. After we got started dancing, she moved in closer and laid her head on my chest. I laid my cheek on top of her head, smelling her hair. And she started singing, along with the song. Her voice was low, audible only to me. And she had a beautiful voice.

Awwww...
that's such a beautiful moment
It is what it is, and you did what felt right for you. Hope you do treasure the moment because it does sound truly "aw"-wonderful.

:)
 Maleman999
Msg: 102
Interests of women over 50y/o
Posted: 6/11/2015 1:31:31 PM

There are several men here on the forums that are very serious about bicycle riding, they are in great shape and do high effort, long rides. I’m sure they would love to find a female companion for those rides, but they do not make that a requirement for dating, and they do not belittle women who can’t go as far and as fast as they can.

That brings up a good point. Literate_Hiker: If you met a guy who passed your physical fitness requirements but was actively involved in another physically demanding activity, other than mountain hiking, would you be interested in someone like that? Let's take the example given of the bike riding fanatic. If a guy you meet suggested on going on a 100 mile bike ride on a first or second date, would you be up for that, or would you head for the hills -literally?
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 103
Posted: 6/11/2015 1:36:28 PM

ohenryx:
I asked her to dance to a slow song. After we got started dancing, she moved in closer and laid her head on my chest. I laid my cheek on top of her head, smelling her hair. And she started singing, along with the song. Her voice was low, audible only to me. And she had a beautiful voice.

I was transcended; I was simultaneously 100% into the moment, utterly aware of my surroundings and the very attractive woman in my arms. And at the same time, I was back over the course of many decades, remembering women whom I had loved, and danced with, who also sang while they danced. Yes, it was sexual, but it was much more emotional than just sexual. And I couldn’t handle it, when the song was over I walked away and did not try to talk, I just couldn’t have handled idle chit chat at that moment.

IDK, We may have to revoke your Man Card, after this post.......... :p

ohenryx:
There are several men here on the forums that are very serious about bicycle riding, they are in great shape and do high effort, long rides. I’m sure they would love to find a female companion for those rides, but they do not make that a requirement for dating, and they do not belittle women who can’t go as far and as fast as they can.

There was a time when I raced Track Bikes competitively at the local Velodrome.......
That didn't stop me from enjoying a leisurely bike ride with the wife & kids......
 Guywithabrain
Msg: 104
Posted: 6/11/2015 3:43:21 PM

sealady111 - “p.s. I just read your profile. Sorry. But I strongly suggest that you get a profile review. So much negativity and wanting a woman who can sew on a button???
No woman I know would contact a profile with all the negativity. Now if your profile said that you were seeking a woman to accompany you to use your season tickets to the theatre......... “

If I’d have realized that people would be trying to analyze me rather than answer the question, I would have taken the content out of my profile first; this isn’t about ME! I don’t have a problem meeting women, just not the ones who actually share some interests.
now, presumably it is perfectly OK for a man to pay for the entertainment - THAT doesn’t offend you; but dare a man mention sewing a button, and you launch into outer space. Well, that makes me laugh; if a woman can’t do something small like that for me, I’m dumping them like a bag o rocks. Oh - and ‘negativity’? Perhaps you just don’t understand sarcasm in the real world unless it’s a comedian onstage.
 sealady111
Msg: 105
Posted: 6/11/2015 4:00:16 PM
Thank you guywithabrain.

You are quite right. We are not a match.
I am not a fan of sarcasm.

Like Oscar Wilde I consider it the lowest form of wit.
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 106
Posted: 6/11/2015 4:03:51 PM

If I’d have realized that people would be trying to analyze me rather than answer the question, I would have taken the content out of my profile first; this isn’t about ME! I don’t have a problem meeting women, just not the ones who actually share some interests.
now, presumably it is perfectly OK for a man to pay for the entertainment - THAT doesn’t offend you; but dare a man mention sewing a button, and you launch into outer space. Well, that makes me laugh; if a woman can’t do something small like that for me, I’m dumping them like a bag o rocks. Oh - and ‘negativity’? Perhaps you just don’t understand sarcasm in the real world unless it’s a comedian onstage.

You want us to Comment on the Content of others' Profiles, but leave the Content of yours out of the discussion.....

Well, just by your posts on the Forums, you come across as rather 'Stuck Up'.......

If You.... 'dump them like a bag o rocks'.... They just might consider that a Good Thing.......

ETA: Now I've burned 8 of My 10 Posts per Day.......

VVVVV#111....... What a bunch of Bovine Droppings..... I live in the San Francisco Bay Area.... Even here, there are more Women's' Profile that list your so called Redneckish Activities, that Your High Brow Activities.....
 Literate_Hiker
Msg: 107
Posted: 6/11/2015 4:11:10 PM
maleman:
Literate_Hiker: If you met a guy who passed your physical fitness requirements but was actively involved in another physically demanding activity, other than mountain hiking, would you be interested in someone like that? Let's take the example given of the bike riding fanatic. If a guy you meet suggested on going on a 100 mile bike ride on a first or second date, would you be up for that, or would you head for the hills -literally?

YES, my last two boyfriends are avid hikers, downhill skiers and competitive long-distance bicycle riders. I love dating lifelong athletes like me. We have fun together and OOH LA LA!!! male athletes have muscles and rocking bodies. Shared recreational activities are a bonding experience for couples.

Two years ago I gave up downhill skiing because I want my knees for LIFE. A neck injury at age 22 made bicycle riding difficult for me. It hurts to lean on handlebars and look up for an extended period of time.

Former boyfriends Dan and John (hikers/skiers/bicycle riders) are still my friends and hiking partners. Hooray! John says I'm the only woman he's met who can keep up with him on the trail. (Last summer I broke up with John because he has a mean streak. "Nobody wants to be around a mean person," I told him.)

Going on a 100-mile bicycle ride for a first or second date is silly. Nobody in their right minds would suggest that. The purpose of the first and second date is to talk and get to know each other.

"I will never find a woman who shares ALL of my interests, especially hunting," John wisely said. "I want a woman who is fit enough to join me in hiking and bicycle riding. I've met women who are slender, but have poor cardiovascular endurance. They stop constantly on the trail, gasping for breath, and refuse to go further. There's a big difference between being slender and physically fit." He's right.

I want an experienced hiker because I am tired of teaching novices to hike. Often people ask me to take them hiking. My style of hiking involves negotiating lively creeks with slippery rocks and blow downs in the creek, and hiking steep trails that often gain 1,000 feet in elevation per mile.

Experience and fitness are needed to: know what equipment, food and clothing to pack, safely hike steep, hazardous trails, pace yourself and prevent falls and injuries.
 Guywithabrain
Msg: 108
Posted: 6/11/2015 4:12:01 PM
If I’d have realized that people would be trying to analyze me rather than answer the question, I would have taken the content out of my profile first; this isn’t about ME! I don’t have a problem meeting women, just not the ones who actually share enough common interests.
And to restate: “Is it unique to Pittsburgh that so many women over 50 not be interested in the vast amount of cultural (not “INDOOR” as one woman sarcastically described) cultural activities our area offers compared to younger women, or is it something magical about women over 50 everywhere?”
THAT essentially was the question posed.
I don’t care if {any one individual} has loved whitewater rafting all their life - I wasn’t asking why a woman would want to ___________ (fill in the blank).
I already have answers to the question both from women and from a couple of professionals, but I just wanted to see what the POF crowd had to say about it. What I got was women generally being defensive, and men mostly all over the board. Comments have gotten so far off subject and so personal about each other’s comment its not even worth my time to track the thread anymore.
I’m a guy with a brain: I already did the homework; just wanted to get some reactions from the lab samples.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2015 4:19:29 PM
I'd say that you stand a better chance finding a lady that shares some of your interests, than I will. Actually, I can't find anyone, man or woman, that likes to do 500 mile days aboard a motorcycle, like me.

Oh well, you don't know what you're missing.
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 110
Posted: 6/11/2015 4:26:22 PM

Is it unique to Pittsburgh that so many women over 50 not be interested in the vast amount of cultural (not “INDOOR” as one woman sarcastically described) cultural activities our area offers compared to younger women, or is it something magical about women over 50 everywhere?”

Not trying to be argumenative, but who could realistically answer that question?

If I’d have realized that people would be trying to analyze me rather than answer the question

Perhaps since there can be no definitive answer to your question they were trying to figure out why you would ask in the first place?
 sealady111
Msg: 111
Posted: 6/11/2015 4:31:25 PM
Purplerider

500 miles on the back of a motorcycle can be painful.
Especially if the pillion seat is not as comfy as the riders seat.

I have fallen asleep on the back of a bike to the horror of the rider.
That was on one of those lie down bikes where the rider is almost like a racing cyclist and the pillion laying on top of his back.

Now 500 miles as a pillion on something like a Honda Goldwing - Hopefully I have that right.
Those big bikes where the pillion seat resembles an arm chair with fabulous music playing through high quality helmet speakers could be different.
Not that I have experienced this but I should add it to my bucket list.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 112
Posted: 6/11/2015 4:38:53 PM
A bag of rocks? I can see why you are having problems finding a woman GUYWITHBRAINS
At your age ought you not be able to sew your own button on? Mercy me
 xlr8ingme
Msg: 113
Posted: 6/11/2015 5:33:39 PM
Hey now Purple- I live for road trips; I drove 2,500 miles to get here in less than four days (taking my time). On a bike (depending on the seat, as mentioned) I would wish to take more scenic time. Breaks with a partner make a motorcycle trip more enjoyable, and taking off the beaten path routes :) 500 miles a day is very do-able.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 114
Posted: 6/11/2015 6:31:01 PM

What you consider "the Bataan Death March" - hiking- is an uplifting, transcendent, spiritual experience for me. It's all in the perception.

I think's it's more about how well conditioned you are.
 Literate_Hiker
Msg: 115
Posted: 6/11/2015 7:02:12 PM

Literate Hiker: What you consider "the Bataan Death March" - hiking- is an uplifting, transcendent, spiritual experience for me. It's all in the perception.

Dragonbytes: I think's it's more about how well conditioned you are.

Conditioning is some of it. Growing up on a lake in Michigan, glowing sunsets filled the sky with colors, reflected in the lake, and streaming right into our living room windows. This fueled my love of the outdoors.

More importantly, I have always had heightened senses -sound, sight, touch, smell and taste- and an intense, sensual experience of life, even as a girl. As I wrote in my profile:

I find humor and joy in life every day. The infinite pleasure in the touch of a hand, the joy of tasting a juicy, ripe peach. Outgoing, playful and passionate with high energy, I have fun every day.

I love hiking to high alpine lakes surrounded by white glaciers and jagged mountain peaks. After dark I look up and feel awed by the glowing Milky Way and billions of sparkling stars.

In the mountains often everything I encounter- flowers and trees, the taste of food, mountain peaks, colors- seems luminous and razor-cut in clarity. We all need more low level ecstasy in our lives.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2015 9:15:02 PM

Now 500 miles as a pillion on something like a Honda Goldwing -

Hmm, must be why I have several Honda Gold Wings. With TravelMaster seats. My mamma didn't raise no fool!
 2ufo
Msg: 117
Posted: 6/12/2015 1:39:09 AM

If I’d have realized that people would be trying to analyze me rather than answer the question, I would have taken the content out of my profile first; this isn’t about ME! I don’t have a problem meeting women, just not the ones who actually share enough common interests.

So, it does seem to be about 'YOU'.
How can we answer your questions without analyzing what you are asking, without analyzing you. Without asking for more information about what kind of answer you are seeking or checking your profile for a clue, we might just as well tell you to Google the answer.

And to restate: “Is it unique to Pittsburgh that so many women over 50 not be interested in the vast amount of cultural (not “INDOOR” as one woman sarcastically described) cultural activities our area offers compared to younger women, or is it something magical about women over 50 everywhere?”

Google the answer.

I don’t care if {any one individual} has loved whitewater rafting all their life - I wasn’t asking why a woman would want to ___________ (fill in the blank). I already have answers to the question both from women and from a couple of professionals, but I just wanted to see what the POF crowd had to say about it.

Oh, so you did Google and wanted.... what from us? Certainly nothing more than opinions because that's all we have to offer.

What I got was women generally being defensive, and men mostly all over the board. Comments have gotten so far off subject and so personal about each other’s comment its not even worth my time to track the thread anymore.

Funny, I certainly didn't feel defensive. Maybe your attitude was 'offensive' or brusque? Was it the comment/assumption about sewing on buttons?
Anyway, bye.

I’m a guy with a brain: I already did the homework; just wanted to get some reactions from the lab samples.

But, what can we tell you that you don't already know or have access to? Except our own experiences and interests.

Lab mouse signing off...

...to go seek a few more chances on a motorcycle. That Honda Gold Wing sounds positively luxurious. Maybe I'll end up putting it on my list of interests.
 Walts
Msg: 118
Posted: 6/12/2015 4:19:07 AM

Fishing is too boring and sedentary for me.

Pssssst, here's a secret.

You're doing it wrong if you find it boring and sedentary.

When I walk,wade the BC rivers, there are times, if I'm not paying attention, one wrong step, and I'm in big trouble. And when I say big trouble, I mean, swimming with one arm, while I hold my rod with the other. Or, if I'm not paying attention, I usually have some freaking big critter sneaking up behind me as they approach their favourite swimming hole.

I won't even get into the mileage that I do while fishing in a day. Let's just say I'm usually a tad sore, when I finally pull the stinky waders off and have my first sip by the fire.
 JoeBnD
Msg: 119
Posted: 6/12/2015 8:51:14 AM

I'm wondering if women list fishing as an interest because they think this appeals to men. Fishing is too boring and sedentary for me. Ditto for golf. I love Dave Barry's take on fishing: "Fishing is very similar to golf because in both sports you hold a long skinny thing in your hand while nothing happens for days at a time."

You and Dave must not have been participating in golf incorrectly, and were possibly just plain duffers riding in a cart. Walking 5 miles on a course carrying your own bag (not using a pull cart) is hardly sedentary. Golf gets a bad reputation as not being a form of exercise. Granted, it is not aerobic but there is still a benefit. If it wasn't any kind of strain on the body, why do so many golfers have back issues?

I was very sedentary in the first six years following my separation/divorce and I am paying the price now. I would like to walk the golf course, but my back just gets tighter and tighter with every hole and I can only walk nine holes before requiring a power cart. I have also started riding my stationary bike every weekday and am slowly increasing the duration. Hopefully, I can get back into something resembling my condition of decades ago when snow skiing, golfing, and tennis were easy. But age and medical conditions may keep that from happening (too many hospital visits).

I love art, jazz music, literature, stage plays and musicals.

Sedentary. Or are you running laps in the theater during the performances?
 newoldgirl
Msg: 120
Posted: 6/12/2015 9:08:35 AM
You don't have to be into lots of exertion to be healthy "enough".

I exercise and lift weights strictly for the health benefits and so I don't get fat. I don't enjoy it. I've tried almost every type of exercise in my quest to find something enjoyable, but no dice. Given the choice between exercising and reading a book, my preference would always be the book, but I force myself to work out.

Moderate activity for pleasure is okay, like walking, fishing, dancing, or recreational swimming. Sex is pretty much the only activity I don't mind getting all hot and sweaty for.
 Maleman999
Msg: 121
Posted: 6/12/2015 9:10:43 AM

If it wasn't any kind of strain on the body, why do so many golfers have back issues?

It's from trying to chop down tress with their golf club when the ball goes in a different direction.
 JoeBnD
Msg: 122
Posted: 6/12/2015 9:21:55 AM
My ball is almost always in the fairway. Not always the correct fairway. :)

Actually, even the pros only hit the fairway roughly 60 percent of the time (per CBS golf commentators).
 clooneystutor
Msg: 123
Posted: 6/12/2015 9:47:44 AM
What does GOLF stand for again??
 Maleman999
Msg: 124
Posted: 6/12/2015 9:50:50 AM
I never have a problem with hitting the the ball in the right fairway-when I mini-putt.
 JoeBnD
Msg: 125
Posted: 6/12/2015 10:39:20 AM

One of the most common misconceptions is that the word GOLF is an acronym for Gentlemen Only Ladies Forbidden. This at least is definitely not true.

It is now generally accepted that the word 'golf' is derived from a word meaning 'club'.

- http://www.scottishgolfhistory.org/origin-of-golf-terms/golf/

I often prefer the misconception.

You'd be interested to know this uniform was to given me by the Captain of the Links at St. Andrews from Scotland. They invented the game there, except they call it "gof" without the "L" as we do.

Judge Smails - Caddyshack
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Interests of women over 50y/o