Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Interests of women over 50y/o      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 VMinRVA95
Msg: 126
Interests of women over 50y/oPage 6 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
I wish I would have jumped in this thread sooner. I am from Pittsburgh and I left for one reason and one reason only. I wanted to get married and have a family. Yet, I saw a sea of single males in my demographic cohort (30s, white, male) and what few women I would meet .. well they where in hot demand and they knew it and acted accordingly. But folks in the 'Burgh are pretty active and I thought into culture as well as outdoor activities/sport/etc ..at least in my circle of friends. I really love Pittsburgh otherwise.

Here in the low country South the natives are very sedentary - both males and females (with exceptions naturally). But down here the over-population of males is bad but not a bad as Pittsburgh (in the dating and mating age groups that is). I did get married to a southern feminist - ((go figure?!)) and that marriage lasted as long as one would imagine.

Now I am trying to date women my age (early 50s) and they are still in hot demand and it shows (you have to wait until you are in your 60s before the overpopulation of males turns into an overpopulation of females). But now they are sedentary (and that shows as well) and still barking demands for what they want from us guys. So I ask what will I get in return? Yeah, I won't hold my breath waiting for a response to that one. There are a few older women that have kept it together and are so overwhelmed with in-box email traffic that charming posts are just lost in the noise. Or, like many men will notice many women will chat with you on-line but make a quick exit after your post asking them out on an actual date. Well I am not interested in a pen pal and now ...

I have started to accept my IN-CEL life. But least I am not wasting time, money, and spirit chasing that which is so rare that the cost is honestly just too high for even a high ranking beta-male like myself. Please check out all the studies on the global surplus male population, dating 'game theory', and female psychology and decision making behaviour in this whacked dating market. You can't catch a keeper if there isn't any left.
 kayla_58
Msg: 127
Interests of women over 50y/o
Posted: 6/12/2015 10:23:50 PM
Women your age (early 50s) may not be interested in a man who started his family so late. Perhaps they are done raising small children. When you are 60ish, he will be a teenager. Yikes.
 VMinRVA95
Msg: 128
Posted: 6/12/2015 11:10:29 PM
Good point. Some clarification though - would dating me necessitate "raising" my child? Like 88% of divorced fathers my son no longer resides under my roof. I do have him for the alt weekends. But Again this goes to my point of which 'side' can has the luxury of making demands.

But, if I flip your point around and it was she who had a pre-teen child. Well we would be having the time of our lives. Lets face it. Kids are pretty cool - well cooler than adults in this age group certainly - and I know how to have fun. In fact she could sit on the bench and let me and her child play ball, or run around, or zip line, or fish, or ride dirt bikes, or .... Gee, isn't that the big point to having kids? But the teenager part .... well that might take some doing. I still can hang in the mosh pit with the best of them. Teens still have mosh pits don't they?
 sealady111
Msg: 129
Posted: 6/12/2015 11:58:14 PM
I agree.
Being a woman in my 50's I have learned not to try to date men with young children.
It is an available time thing.
With you, your child comes first so whenever you have that child you will spend time with them. As you should.

If the woman of your dreams has a similar age child then all may be good.

My experience is that women who do not have dependent children rarely want to 'raise' someone elses.
Or worse, become the 'wicked step mother'.
Unless of course all you are doing is 'dating' with no chance of a relationship or meeting the family.

I often hear parents of children tell me that having the kids keeps them young.
Run around, zip- line, fish, ride dirt bikes.
^^ All of these can be done by an adult without a child.

Even eating fairy floss.

88% of divorced fathers have young children living someone else?

I love statistics.

100% of child free women do not have children.
 Eternitygracesme
Msg: 130
Posted: 6/13/2015 1:52:11 AM
I'm 42, and I don't want a date a man with minor children. My youngest is an adolescent whose father is active in his life, too, which leaves me a considerable amount of time available to me to start and nourish a relationship.
 Eternitygracesme
Msg: 131
Posted: 6/13/2015 1:58:21 AM

But, if I flip your point around and it was she who had a pre-teen child. Well we would be having the time of our lives. Lets face it. Kids are pretty cool -

That doesn't make your situation any more important or your thought processes any more enlightened, than that of the woman who doesn't want to date older men with minor children.

Alas, this is your preference -- whether or not to date women with children -- as it always been a preference availed to men. Heck, some men in these forums have liberally bashed single mothers, whilst having sex with them without believing they're deserving of commitment and at the same time decrying the absurdity of women's choice-making processes, women who don't want to be avail themselves as free hookers and nannies for older, broke men saddled with too many parental, social, and financial responsibilities.
 BillyBuckshot14
Msg: 132
Posted: 6/13/2015 2:38:11 AM

Why have the tables turned Henry?
Are you saying women in their 50-60's have run out of
options and must now chase men they wouldn't normally
be interested in?

That is precisely what he is saying. And yes, the infliction point happens in the late 30s early 40s. There are some modifiers though with the primary being a man's profession. If you have a power career and make deep into the six figures, then it happens a lot earlier. The opposite holds true if you are unemployed. And this is the unfortunate irony to why so many women in their mid 40s and later complain about the lack of quality men. They simply have not realized that they no longer do the choosing.
 2ufo
Msg: 133
Posted: 6/13/2015 3:33:02 AM

And this is the unfortunate irony to why so many women in their mid 40s and later complain about the lack of quality men. They simply have not realized that they no longer do the choosing.

Of course, we do the choosing; we ALL get to choose the next step we take in our lives.
I can choose how to define 'quality' man for myself.
I can choose how to act to attract a 'quality' man.
I can choose to stay alone if I cannot find the men with the qualities I seek.
I can choose to change or redefine my requirements for a man of my choice.
I can choose which qualities are important to me and which ones I can do without.

Eternitygracesme
Msg: 134
Posted: 6/13/2015 3:41:14 AM

And this is the unfortunate irony to why so many women in their mid 40s and later complain about the lack of quality men.

I'm approaching my mid-forties, and I realized a long time ago that I don't put my self-worth in the hands of somebody else...and as time passes you by, you'll realize nobody will give a shit whether you find somebody is worth dating or not.

As far as I'm concerned, which is all that matters, that *I* get to choose what happens to me, my body and my life, every step of the way.
 Whistle_Stop
Msg: 135
Posted: 6/13/2015 6:03:16 AM
BB

That is precisely what he is saying.

I know, that's what some men ...assume or hope.

And this is the unfortunate irony to why so many women in their mid 40s and later complain about the lack of quality men. They simply have not realized that they no longer do the choosing

Just isn't true....I started online dating and meeting men at 54....I could pick and choose.
Eight years later...after meeting someone IRL and it not working out and put on extra weight too...still have no troubles.
So, if I know your theory isn't true about all women.
Anymore than the theory of all men over 50 have ED dysfunction...meh.
 newoldgirl
Msg: 136
Posted: 6/13/2015 6:41:47 AM

Now I am trying to date women my age (early 50s) and they are still in hot demand and it shows (you have to wait until you are in your 60s before the overpopulation of males turns into an overpopulation of females). But now they are sedentary (and that shows as well) and still barking demands for what they want from us guys. So I ask what will I get in return?

I don't know what you will get. What will you give?
 BillyBuckshot14
Msg: 137
Posted: 6/13/2015 7:35:41 AM

I know, that's what some men ...assume or hope

LMAO! Sometimes we refuse to see reality for what it is and choose to ignore it. The fact of the matter is that as a woman, your primary (only) dating currency is your looks. For men, it is their money, power, fame, and looks. Looks is a depreciating asset while money and power tend to appreciate over time. So while a man's look fade, he can offset that with status, power, and wealth. Women, the wall hits and its game over! Sure, you will still get attention from men but let's face it, they are not exactly looking for a relationship are they!
 clooneystutor
Msg: 138
Posted: 6/13/2015 7:49:05 AM
Day-um!

Someone just got a reality suppository!

Ain't no love in them streets...
 springorfall
Msg: 139
view profile
History
Posted: 6/13/2015 7:56:43 AM
The quantity of interest might be unique to your city, I don't know. Personally I am not in to hunting/fishing etc. although I did enjoy camping until my knees started acting up which makes it harder to be on the ground. I prefer artsy things - live theater, reading, galleries, etc. However, I do have some friends (female) who DO love doing the hunting/fishing thing - one lives in the far North now, doing just those things with her husband, so profiles that list those activities as preferences are not necessarily just 'man-bait' :)
 newoldgirl
Msg: 140
Posted: 6/13/2015 8:05:30 AM

sure, you will still get attention from men but let's face it, they are not exactly looking for a relationship are they!

Well, I don't know how many fifty-ish men you have dated, but I have dated quite a few. They all wanted a relationship. Every. Single. One. They cooked for me, took me out, introduced me to their families. We vacationed together, talked about the future, and so on. I haven't found quite the right one yet, but there is NO shortage of men my age looking for relationships in my neck of the woods.

I guess you think some men just want sex. I guess that's so, but if I am in the mood for a HOOK UP ( and yep, sometimes I am!) I am not restricted to men my age.

SOME men over fifty might have increased status, power and wealth as their looks and vitality deteriorate ( as do women's) but plenty of them are just going to work at the factory or the garage all day and coming home to sit in their apartment by night. SOME of them have even become angry and bitter. Hopefully, the AVERAGE guy has a bit more going on, but there are slugs out there in their fifties in abundance.

On the other hand, I do have increased wealth, career status and influence now that I am almost fifty ( and no, it didn't come from a hefty divorce settlement). It came from bloody hard work and dedication. I also put a lot of time and care into my relationships with my family, grown children, and friends ( quite a few of them male), and I mentor young people through a professional organization. The fact of the matter is my social life and my assets are in far better shape than many (not all) men my age.

And HELL no, I will not pretend to like camping just to catch one of them :)
 clooneystutor
Msg: 141
Posted: 6/13/2015 8:10:39 AM

Coming home to sit in their apartment by night.

Let's sit at home together and watch Twilight Zone...
 Whistle_Stop
Msg: 142
Posted: 6/13/2015 8:15:30 AM

LMAO! Sometimes we refuse to see reality for what it is and choose to ignore it.

My reality is different than yours...can you not understand that?

The fact of the matter is that as a woman, your primary (only) dating currency is your looks.

Not the smart men...they want more, just like we do.

For men, it is their money, power, fame, and looks. Looks is a depreciating asset while money and power tend to appreciate over time. So while a man's look fade, he can offset that with status, power, and wealth.

Again...Not true! Having all the money in the world is not going to make "me" and a lot of other women date you!
I wouldn't spend one day with someone I didn't respect or care for....trust me, I have had men try to pull the ole' I have money card....pfft!

Women, the wall hits and its game over! Sure, you will still get attention from men but let's face it, they are not exactly looking for a relationship are they

Again....Not my experience....if anything the opposite. I am the one not sure of wanting another full blown relationship.
I am the one that puts on the brakes....BUT, these are excuses men need to tell themselves....fill your boots!
 BillyBuckshot14
Msg: 143
Posted: 6/13/2015 8:20:30 AM

Well, I don't know how many fifty-ish men you have dated, but I have dated quite a few.

Well 50 year old men is not my cup of tea so I have to go with zero. You got me there and point taken. I have however, talked to lots of single women in their 30s and 40s and the one common denominator was "men are only looking for sex". I tallied it up and 29 out of 31 or 94% women had this complaint. This usually go hand in hand with a derivative of "men no longer know how to treat women, what happened to chivalry etc.". Very rarely did I hear the same complaint from women in their twenties.
 BillyBuckshot14
Msg: 144
Posted: 6/13/2015 8:30:13 AM

Again...Not true! Having all the money in the world is not going to make "me" and a lot of other women date you!

And how many women have you dated for you to make that assumption? Rest assured, there is no shortage of women who wants to date a rich and successful man. And I can tell you with a very high level of assurance that the majority of women see "successful" as one of, if not the only one, attractive traits in a man.

BUT, these are excuses men need to tell themselves

Are you sure its men who are being delusional here? Again, if a man has money, power and fame (only need one), the world becomes his dating oyster. I can guarantee you that!
 JoeBnD
Msg: 145
Posted: 6/13/2015 8:30:29 AM

men no longer know how to treat women, what happened to chivalry

Actually, we have learned and the women don't like it. It may still take a while, but female special treatment is coming to an end.
 2ufo
Msg: 146
Posted: 6/13/2015 8:30:56 AM
Billy - And us women in our 50s and over don't exist?
Or just don't count?

Joe -
...but female special treatment is coming to an end.

About time; people should be treated special because they are special to us.
 newoldgirl
Msg: 147
Posted: 6/13/2015 8:34:11 AM

Let's sit at home together and watch Twilight Zone...

As long as you promise we never have to go camping :)
 newoldgirl
Msg: 148
Posted: 6/13/2015 8:44:10 AM

For men, it is their money, power, fame, and looks.

I know there is some truth to this for the VERY rich and famous.

Imagine...marrying Donald Trump. Ewwwwwwwwww. Waking up to that sour puss, that hair, that attitude every day.

Only a very specific type of gold digger can look past the man and see the dollar signs. She is a rare animal.
 clooneystutor
Msg: 149
Posted: 6/13/2015 8:45:56 AM
^^^
She turns the lights off. Easy peasy
 Whistle_Stop
Msg: 150
Posted: 6/13/2015 8:51:50 AM
You're still not getting it! One last time....

And how many women have you dated for you to make that assumption?

Assumption?? Read what I wrote again....did you miss "me" and my experiences...

Rest assured, there is no shortage of women who wants to date a rich and successful man. And I can tell you with a very high level of assurance that the majority of women see "successful" as one of, if not the only one, attractive traits in a man.

Are you thinking ..Hollywood? Never said there were not "gold diggers" out there. If that is what men want...to be wanted for their money...they deserve to be taken to the cleaners...imo

Are you sure its men who are being delusional here? Again, if a man has money, power and fame (only need one), the world becomes his dating oyster. I can guarantee you that!

Well....I certainly wouldn't want to be that man that has to buy a woman or know that a woman only wants me for my money....would you?
I know men that have money(a couple millionaires) and they look at every woman.....as if they are after their money. Trust me, the smart ones want "love" not to be wanted because they have money.....so they have to offer more than"just money" to the women that have more options.
So....they are looking for another that has their own assets and can contribute to the finances too.
I do know one fella who is on his 5th wife(last 2 were gd)....his assets are diminishing....his last pre-nup didn't hold up....lol.

Quit....putting people in the same box....not reality!
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Interests of women over 50y/o