Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Interests of women over 50y/o      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Strawberry_Jello
Msg: 151
view profile
History
Interests of women over 50y/oPage 7 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
In my age bracket, the 60's, lots of men have been hit by two things, divorce and the financial crash. Never thought I'd be meeting so many broke men.
On the other hand, there are men who skated right through those storms to come out with wealth intact. They were not automatically more attractive to me. Some didn't want to see me again, but just as many I said "not a match, sorry" to them.
Status? Meh. What's that really? In our culture "status" often means being a snob. No thanks. Similar for power.

As for a mans looks, some grow more distinguished, some fade, some slide down into decrepitude.

I'm seeing a very wide range of looks in the men I meet. So generalizations like yours don't match reality.

For men, it is their money, power, fame, and looks. Looks is a depreciating asset while money and power tend to appreciate over time. So while a man's look fade, he can offset that with status, power, and wealth.
 clooneystutor
Msg: 152
Interests of women over 50y/o
Posted: 6/13/2015 8:57:59 AM
I got news for you..

The axe swings both ways.

I've met a few man haters that'll nurture you after giving you a therapy session first.

No thanks!
 JoeBnD
Msg: 153
Posted: 6/13/2015 9:07:44 AM

About time; people should be treated special because they are special to us.

And yet women still expect to be wooed. This desire even continues after marriage. Ah the one-sided world of dating and relationships.

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Please....use the word "some" or a "few"....we're not all the same...rollseyes!

To paraphrase someone on these forums (I wonder who it could be), "not my experience."
 Whistle_Stop
Msg: 154
Posted: 6/13/2015 9:17:42 AM
Joe

And yet women still expect to be wooed

Please....use the word "some" or a "few"....we're not all the same...rollseyes!
^^^^^
Edit to above.....We're not all your ex wife!
How many dates have you been on lately?
I always make sure to not qualify men or experiences as "all men" do this "all" men do that....use some common sense....meh!
 2ufo
Msg: 155
Posted: 6/13/2015 11:17:05 AM

About time; people should be treated special because they are special to us.

And yet women still expect to be wooed. This desire even continues after marriage. Ah the one-sided world of dating and relationships.

*shrug* I don't treat my potential partner like some person I've just met and I don't expect him to treat me as though I'm some stranger. Nor do I treat the people at work with the same concern I show my partner. I do treat them with polite courtesy, nothing more.

"not my experience."

Ok. You prior experience/s don't appear to be similar to mine or to anyone I know.
 BillyBuckshot14
Msg: 156
Posted: 6/13/2015 11:56:52 AM

Assumption?? Read what I wrote again....did you miss "me" and my experiences...

No no no. That is not what you said. You said me and a lot of other women implying that you not only speak for yourself but also for a lot of women (your exact quote below).

Again...Not true! Having all the money in the world is not going to make "me" and a lot of other women date you.

I am implying that you are not speaking for "a lot" of women because my dating experience and that of other men I know implicitly says this is most certainly not true. Most women, if not all, WILL date a successful man, you included!

I know men that have money(a couple millionaires) and they look at every woman.....as if they are after their money.

And why do you think that is? Again, men's real life experience differs from the rosy altruistic picture you paint of women primarily dating for love and personality. After all, women are biologically driven by hypergamy and there is no exception, none. The only variable is to what degree the exercise their hypergamy and that is usually directly tied to their attractiveness.

Trust me, the smart ones want "love" not to be wanted because they have money.....so they have to offer more than"just money" to the women that have more options.

A woman with a lot of options means she is very attractive. So yes, men have to compete with all variables but that does not diminishing the need for the mighty dollar! The more attractive the woman is, the higher her price tag!

Quit....putting people in the same box....not reality!

Of course there are exceptions, but that does not make the generalization any less true!

I do know one fella who is on his 5th wife(last 2 were gd)....his assets are diminishing....his last pre-nup didn't hold up....lol.

This statement just torpedoed your argument and validated mine! Your words :).
 clooneystutor
Msg: 157
Posted: 6/13/2015 12:26:03 PM

I do know one fella who is on his 5th wife

Are his ex's still alive?
 newoldgirl
Msg: 158
Posted: 6/13/2015 12:48:37 PM

Again...Not true! Having all the money in the world is not going to make "me" and a lot of other women date you.

am implying that you are not speaking for "a lot" of women because my dating experience and that of other men I know implicitly says this is most certainly not true. Most women, if not all, WILL date a successful man, you included.

Whistle, correct me if I am wrong but are you saying that money ALONE is not enough to attract you to a man, since 1) you have your own money and 2) you are not gold-digger? If so I, agree with you.

Sadly, some rich people are so repulsive that they only attract parasites (back to Donald Trump again...LOL). I am sure some rich people are very nice, though.

As far as men who are successful, of course they are a more desirable commodity. A man who has achieved career success is generally a man who is intelligent, hard-working, ambitious, goal oriented, and so on. Those are attractive qualities. Also, for women who want get married and have kids, financial security matters.

I find that most men don't care about how successful a woman is.
 kj521
Msg: 159
Posted: 6/13/2015 1:47:28 PM
Say you don't need no diamond ring and I'll be satisfied.....

---Wh.....What? No diamond? o_O

Tell me that you want the kind of thing that money just can't buy.....

----Well....I do like those long walks on the beach at sunset. :-)

I don't care too much for money, money can't buy me love....

----You're right....Can't buy me love, everybody tells me so!

But wait! Wait just a dang minute! Hold up there, Mister! What happened to this?

I'll buy you a diamond ring my friend if it makes you feel alright.....

---Remember this?

I'll get you anything my friend if it makes you feel alright....

---And this! Hmmph!

Cos I don't care too much for money, and money can't buy me love....

---Darn right your money can't buy my love......off to go buy my own diamond ring! :-P
 Whistle_Stop
Msg: 160
Posted: 6/13/2015 1:52:40 PM

This statement just torpedoed your argument and validated mine! Your words

Yeah Ok....you obviously, have won the disagreement...all women want money.
rollseyes....

Whistle, correct me if I am wrong but are you saying that money ALONE is not enough to attract you to a man, since 1) you have your own money and 2) you are not gold-digger? If so I, agree with you

correct....
Clooney

Are his ex's still alive?

I honestly don't know Clooney...I met him through a friend after his last wife left him.
They invited me for dinner....my friend was kind of house sitting him and looking after him because he couldn't cook or look after things....without a woman.
He was about 76...in good shape.....played squash everyday etc....
He says...".I don't get women, I ask nothing of them but to look after me, they are never satisfied....she had everything here."
I told him....some women need more than just a nice house, car and money.
I would live in a shack with a good man I loved...K, running water and an inside toilet is mandatory.
 SunshineGirl__
Msg: 161
Posted: 6/13/2015 2:41:16 PM

but female special treatment is coming to an end.

Unless we shape up, right? Just love the “male” threats against women.

Some women treat their men special in return, and actually enjoy it. Crazy, I know.

“Males” are the only ones ever mentioning “chivalry” and how women supposedly wonder where it’s gone. If a woman can’t find it she just needs to look elsewhere.

Imagine...marrying Donald Trump. Ewwwwwwwwww. Waking up to that sour puss, that hair, that attitude every day.

Ewwwwww is right! That ridiculous slope of hair cascading down his forehead, who wears hair like that? and prissy kissy lips like Paul Stanley….how can anyone take him seriously. Probably though his “hair” is across the room on a styrofoam head. Plus he’s an arsehole. And NO, turning out the lights ain’t enough.

some slide down into decrepitude.

*New favorite word.*
 sealady111
Msg: 162
Posted: 6/13/2015 3:59:10 PM

decrepitude

^^ It is a great word.

I am currently in advanced decrepitude and loving it.
 HighDesertOasis
Msg: 163
Posted: 6/13/2015 5:04:34 PM
Great post SunshineGirl, loved it!
 JoeBnD
Msg: 164
Posted: 6/13/2015 5:04:41 PM

Just love the “male” threats against women.

No threat was made. Just a mere statement of fact, much like "I am going to finish painting my house this fall." Overreact much?
 Whistle_Stop
Msg: 165
Posted: 6/14/2015 7:24:28 AM

but female special treatment is coming to an end

Well, I don't know what you refer to as "special" treatment but if it relates to mutual respect, honesty, trust...sharing.
I hope the hell humans don't give up on each other....Not in my world...I'm not seeing it.
But there's always the disillusioned to remind us, how lucky some of us really are..
 SunshineGirl__
Msg: 166
Posted: 6/14/2015 6:36:31 PM

"I am going to finish painting my house this fall."

Oh right. Sounds exactly the same.

I am currently in advanced decrepitude and loving it.

That would make a great profile header. :D
 daynadaze
Msg: 167
view profile
History
Posted: 6/14/2015 9:45:30 PM
No, special treatment is not coming to an end just because a few guys are bent out of shape over some woman who done them wrong, just like men aren't going to be shafted up the behind just because some women were done wrong. The world is not coming to an end, women aren't suddenly going to be taught a lesson by grumpy whiners, women aren't going to toss men aside and marry each other just because they dated an ass or got the vote or got a job or have an opinion, marriage isn't ending just because someone hates all men or women because their picker is jammed, none of that is going to happen to all of us. It's only about the few who screwed up or got screwed and now are spending the rest of their lives wallowing in waste-of-space land. Hyperbole is a bore.
 coffeetogo127
Msg: 168
Posted: 6/15/2015 4:03:46 AM

Would this be the special treatment which leads to half of all Canadian women having experienced at least one act of physical or sexual violence since the age of 16? (http://canadianwomen.org/facts-about-violence)

Or the special treatment on which women earn on average only 71% of what men earn (and part time hours etc taken into account, per hour wages are still significantly lower)

Or this special treatment:
In a 2009 Canadian national survey, women reported 460,000 incidents of sexual assault in just one year. 11 Only about 10% of all sexual assaults are reported to police.12 When it comes to sexual assault, women are frequently not believed, blamed for being assaulted, “or subjected to callous or insensitive treatment, when police fail to take evidence, or when their cases are dropped arbitrarily.” 13 Only a handful of reported assaults ever result in a conviction: each year, only about 1,500 sexual assault offenders are actually convicted.

We could go on and on about this "special treatment " women face. If that's coming to an end, it certainly is something to celebrate. I'm happy to give up any of those petty privileges that I am sure joe was referring to, if the real special treatment would end.
 MaleFeasance
Msg: 169
Posted: 6/15/2015 4:26:21 AM
And why do you think that is? Again, men's real life experience differs from the rosy altruistic picture you paint of women primarily dating for love and personality.
---------------------------
Your own rosy altruistic picture of men is no less flawed. Men use their money, status or whatever to attract women, so to complain about the women who attracted to those things, would be disingenuous. If anything, your complaints against "women" ought to be directed at "traditional women" who grew up being told to marry a doctor or lawyer instead of becoming one. Your rant against so called modern, american women comes down to exactly one thing: subservience. Today, women have the option of supporting themselves and they can choose to not stay home and be a cheerleader to a man who needs that sort of shit to feed his ego. If you need a woman to be anything in particular to not feel emasculated, that's not a woman's issue.

-----------------------------
After all, women are biologically driven by hypergamy and there is no exception, none. The only variable is to what degree the exercise their hypergamy and that is usually directly tied to their attractiveness.
----------------------------
To whatever extent that applies to all women, it applies to men as well. Men and women just have different ideas what "marrying up" means. If so called modern women have fallen short in any respect, it that they haven't shaken off traditional ideas to become independent enough. I'll take a modern, independent woman any day. I've been dating one for 3 1/2 years and it beats the hell,out of dating someone who wants to wait on me hand and foot at the expense of my freedom to take financial risk or do what appeals to me career wise. I avoided "traditional women" like the plague. There is nothing at all desirable about being needed by a woman who grew up being told she needs a man to make decisions for her.

Men who want "traditional women," are really looking for subservience. Women who are attracted to men's wealth, status and ambition are asking to be subservient.

The entire hypergamy argument is specious anyway. Men who go to third world countries looking for "traditional women" are looking for exactly the hypergamy they complain about. They just go to countries where they can afford to benefit from it.
 Eternitygracesme
Msg: 170
Posted: 6/15/2015 5:02:36 AM

It may still take a while, but female special treatment is coming to an end.

What special treatment would this be? Having an opinion? Making independent dating choices? Living singularly? Not wanting our bodies to be governed by men? Being treated well by a partner? Not wanting our bodies to be violated, trashed, raped, and restricted? Being mobile? Expecting equal pay for equal qualifications and work?
 motowncowgirl
Msg: 171
Posted: 6/15/2015 5:05:42 AM

will there be an official announcement, or are we going to get a 'rude awakening'?
 motowncowgirl
Msg: 172
Posted: 6/15/2015 5:29:53 AM

Like 88% of divorced fathers my son no longer resides under my roof. I do have him for the alt weekends. But Again this goes to my point of which 'side' can has the luxury of making demands.

looks like you have all the luxury of demanding a woman who is not sedentary, wants to date a man with a dependent child, and isn't barking any demands that are incompatible with your own.

But, if I flip your point around and it was she who had a pre-teen child. Well we would be having the time of our lives.

how do you know?

Lets face it. Kids are pretty cool

let's face it, cats are pretty cool.
let's face it, dogs are pretty cool.
let's face it, partying all night in town every weekend is pretty cool.
let's face it, living a quiet lifestyle in the country is pretty cool.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 173
Posted: 6/15/2015 5:46:28 AM
I'm betting on the rude awakening. The Men will take their ball (s) and go home. I think he means special treatment aka expecting who asks you out for coffee to pay for said cup of coffee. Because if you add up all those coffees purchased well
could buy an Island like Johnny.
 kayla_58
Msg: 174
Posted: 6/15/2015 5:55:57 AM

But, if I flip your point around and it was she who had a pre-teen child. Well we would be having the time of our lives. Lets face it. Kids are pretty cool - well cooler than adults in this age group certainly - and I know how to have fun. In fact she could sit on the bench and let me and her child play ball, or run around, or zip line, or fish, or ride dirt bikes, or ....

Or 'playing Barbies', or giving each other mani/pedis, or shaving your legs, or going to Britney Spears concerts, or shopping for training bras, or cutting photos out of Tiger Beat (wait ... huh?) ... I would love to sit on the bench and watch all THAT !!
 SeaFroth
Msg: 175
Posted: 6/15/2015 8:28:24 AM
I just want to say that my passion for kayaking, swimming, snorkeling, and diving have been with me all my life - and I love classical music, contemporary art and other cultural activities. I put these on my profile because I love doing them and not to attract men. I would be delighted if a man were to join me in doing them, but I post such things for myself.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Interests of women over 50y/o