Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Interests of women over 50y/o      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 benartflick
Msg: 176
Interests of women over 50y/oPage 8 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)

half of all Canadian women having experienced at least one act of physical or sexual violence since the age of 16? (http://canadianwomen.org/facts-about-violence)

Facts? Because the women said so?

women earn on average only 71% of what men earn (and part time hours etc taken into account, per hour wages are still significantly lower)

I worked in a defense plant (25,000 employees at one time). Same job - same pay. Because it's main customer was the US government, all women and blacks were offered promotions first (the company still never met the gov.'s percentage requirements).

Perhaps actors earn more than actresses, male executives might earn more than female executives, and male service providers might charge more than female service providers, among a list of examples. Whatta ya looking for - more laws?

I'm curious, when a 43 year old director undoubtedly raped a 13 year old girl and the mother was wrongfully accused of pimping off her daughter and denied employment for informing the police, why were most (if not all) women organizations so quiet about it. It's not like there was a remote possibility the man didn't drug, rape, and sodomize the child.

Also the 7 year old girl who said she was molested by her step-dad. Why not believe the girl and the evidence? A prosecutor, her brother, her mom and a judge did. Even now that she's an adult she's not to be believed.

My guess many women might believe it's okay if the scumbags have a celebrity penis or celebrity fingers.

On the other hand, if it's just a man and he's accused - just the woman's say-so is enough, even if the known facts and a little common sense suggests otherwise.
 rearguard*2
Msg: 177
view profile
History
Interests of women over 50y/o
Posted: 6/15/2015 8:29:26 AM
I find that women make great friends. Making them feel good about themselves makes them feel good about you, and more often than not, you get laid regular.

Who in their tight mind cares about a few bucks for coffee or lunch or dinner? In case you have not noticed, making a bank feel good about you never gets you laid, and women are much more loyal friends than banks when you run out of money.....
 SeaFroth
Msg: 178
Posted: 6/15/2015 8:31:22 AM
I am, by the way, 62
 newoldgirl
Msg: 179
Posted: 6/15/2015 2:15:01 PM

half of all Canadian women having experienced at least one act of physical or sexual violence since the age of 16? (http://canadianwomen.org/facts-about-violence)

Facts? Because the women said so?

Yes. Unless there were witnesses, who else would know? You think the men were self reporting?

I'm curious, when a 43 year old director undoubtedly raped a 13 year old girl and the mother was wrongfully accused of pimping off her daughter and denied employment for informing the police, why were most (if not all) women organizations so quiet about it. It's not like there was a remote possibility the man didn't drug, rape, and sodomize the child.

Also the 7 year old girl who said she was molested by her step-dad. Why not believe the girl and the evidence? A prosecutor, her brother, her mom and a judge did. Even now that she's an adult she's not to be believed.

I don't know what cases you are talking about but if you are saying that some mothers are scumbags, you are correct.

My guess many women might believe it's okay if the scumbags have a celebrity penis or celebrity fingers.

Really? Many? Like 90 percent of women think rape is okay if a celebrity does it? Maybe 80 percent? 50 percent? Do you seriously believe this?

On the other hand, if it's just a man and he's accused - just the woman's say-so is enough, even if the known facts and a little common sense suggests otherwise.

Yeah, that's right. A woman just says a man raped her, and POOF, he's immediately thrown into prison for a long, long sentence. It's just THAT simple,
 JoeBnD
Msg: 180
Posted: 6/15/2015 2:41:26 PM
A couple of questions for the women spewing out violence stats. How many men have you slapped?
Now, how many times were you charged with assault?
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 181
Posted: 6/15/2015 3:01:05 PM

A couple of questions for the women spewing out violence stats. How many men have you slapped?

Joe, I'm a little surprised that even you would equate a slap with sexual assault. Whether the slap was warranted or not.
 JoeBnD
Msg: 182
Posted: 6/15/2015 3:16:39 PM

Joe, I'm a little surprised that even you would equate a slap with sexual assault. Whether the slap was warranted or not.

Hmmm, I thought you were a police officer (or retired). Yet you saw the words violence and assault, and equated it to sexual assault (i.e. rape). And it is interesting that you might consider violence, even in it lowest form, as warranted. Gee, I feel safer already.

White knight much?
 Ladyinred4755
Msg: 183
Posted: 6/15/2015 3:46:54 PM
OK Joe, I'll take the bait.
First question, 2, (1.Slammed an empty 40 oz, beer bottle, to the side of his head, to my then first husband)
(2. Backhanded my father, splitting his nose open and dropping him to his knees)
Last question, 0

I could write a book about the abuse I (and my mother, and brother) suffered from one or both of these individuals. I have a permanent scar under my chin, where there were 17 stitches. I sought professional help to undo my childhood AND my first marriage. Right or wrong, I made choices, to make my self very clear. I would no longer give my "permission" to be a victim.
I AM not the woman I was 30 some years ago, I am no longer afraid!
 benartflick
Msg: 184
Posted: 6/15/2015 3:49:39 PM
Newoldgirl:

No, were those Canadian men convicted? A woman saying she was raped ISN'T a fact. Here in the USA there were numerous cases of men being wrongly accused of rape.

"I don't know what cases you are talking about but if you are saying that some mothers are scumbags, you are correct."

No, no, no! A mother of a child that was raped was clearly blacklisted by the film industry and slandered by many people, including Whoopie Goldberg on TV, simply because she reported the rape of her daughter to the police.

Goldberg and others suggested the mom was pimping her daughter off for film roles. Not one iota of proof and it wasn't suggested by anyone connected with the case. Fabricated BS.

The mom overheard a phone conversation that Polanski had raped her daughter and immediately notified the police.

I'm confident many Americans here are somewhat familiar with the Polanski and Woody Allen cases.

Try to get many here to agree those two are serious scumbags and perverts. Ya might get BS in their defense, but I believe the victims. No doubt in my mind. Certainly guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

You never heard about Roman Polanski giving alcohol and a drug to a 13 year old, then raping and sodomizing her? Wow! The media did a good job keeping it a secret in Canada. It was newsworthy here when it happened and several years ago after he was apprehended (he had left the country after his lawyer informed him he might go to jail).

"Do you seriously believe this?"

I didn't imply anything you listed.

Why do you think so many women celebrities spoke up for those two? Those celebrities clearly indicated they didn't believe the victims. The victims must be lying in their minds - right?

If they weren't bias in favor of those perverts, common sense should tell you there should be something to suggest the victims are lying. There was nothing!

"Yeah, that's right. A woman just says a man raped her, and POOF, he's immediately thrown into prison for a long, long sentence. It's just THAT simple."

Nobody suggested that in any way. You don't read our newspapers and have no idea what I was referring to. But many men here were wrongly accused and it was proven beyond any doubt they were innocent.

The Polanski case bothers me. There should have been a public outcry about what was said on TV and Fox radio. The knowing lies about a mother who did the right thing: reporting the rape of her daughter.

I'm not aware of any women group speaking up for the mother or those two child victims. Why? What's your guess?

Many film makers signed a petition in favor of Polanski. A popular film producer, Weinstein, referred to the rape of that child as a 'so-called crime'. Woody defended him by saying. "He's an artist, enough is enough."

Date rape - bad! I agree! What about the rape of a child by a 43 year old man?

Oh, Polanski said he thought the girl was willing. He said he didn't see the forest from the trees. He laughed as he admitted he was wrong, on tape. Also Americans are too prudish.

Two other women came forward and said Polanski had raped and sodomized them.

I was amazed so many normally loud vocal women kept their mouths shut. Why?

This topic (and Woody's) were discussed on two writer's workshops. You might be surprised how the vast majority of women there kept their opinions to themselves.

I would have wrongly guessed most of those women would have considered those two perverts guilty and said so. I was wrong! By far.
 sealady111
Msg: 185
Posted: 6/15/2015 4:51:05 PM

In my age bracket, the 60's, lots of men have been hit by two things, divorce and the financial crash. Never thought I'd be meeting so many broke men.

^^ Broke people are across all ages.

I know many, many more broke single men than women.
Many, not all of the broke single men have spent their money having a wonderful time.
Often spent on wine, women and song. Or drugs, gambling and other poor decisions.
Including members of my extended family.

Most of the single women who are not broke have worked, saved and considered security and being self sufficient paramount.

On the domestic violence point.

Even though there is no way to avoid it completely, it is a lot easier to walk away from a violent or potentially violent or otherwise horrendous situation if you have options and your own money.

Our current Australian of the year had her son murdered by his father, at a children's Saturday sporting afternoon.
The father also thankfully killed himself.

She is educated, had her own interests, own property and the 'protection of the law' and was in a public 'safe' environment.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Can all the people who want to cause harm to someone else please line up outside a Mad Max Thunderdome and fight each other to the death.
The winner, can become a martyr and 1000 virgins of their choice.
 clooneystutor
Msg: 186
Posted: 6/15/2015 4:53:30 PM
We don't need another hero...

Thunderdome...
 sealady111
Msg: 187
Posted: 6/15/2015 5:07:53 PM
^^^ Yet another reason you are wonderful Clooney.

Singing....

Interests of women over 50?
Having a man serenade her.

Swoon.
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 188
Posted: 6/15/2015 5:32:20 PM

JoeBnD:

crookcatcher:

JoeBnD:
Hmmm, I thought you were a police officer (or retired). Yet you saw the words violence and assault, and equated it to sexual assault (i.e. rape). And it is interesting that you might consider violence, even in it lowest form, as warranted. Gee, I feel safer already.

CC, as a Long Time LEO, When is a Woman Legally Justified in Slapping or Throwing a Drink in the Face of another Person?

Why is that Act not, Assault or Battery? & Are those Laws Gender Neutral?

VVVVV Thank you... That is what I thought the law was......

I've seen posts by Women who say they would slap or throw a drink at someone for a Rude or Vulgar Comment or Gesture..... When I read a post like that, I think......

Someday You may find Yourself Wearing a Shiny new set of Bracelets for that......
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 189
Posted: 6/15/2015 5:32:49 PM

White knight much?

Not white knighting Joe, just calling out a bs poster.

Considering 2 of the 4 posts prior to yours contained verbage related to rape and molestation it was safe to assume that wasn't what you were referencing since you had to interject one of your usual "look how women screw us over" bs comments right?

You're damaged goods Joe and you're only here to have a venue to vent your tripe....virtually every damn post.

CC, as a Long Time LEO, When is a Woman Legally Justified in Slapping or Throwing a Drink in the Face of another Person?

Unless there is an assault she's trying to stop, never. Simple battery, battery and more serious charges could be sought.

That response to Joe is due to his delusional attempt at trying to make a slap from a woman to a man the sameas a sexual assault and molestation.

Just a failed attempt on his part and unbelievably juvenile.
 sealady111
Msg: 190
Posted: 6/15/2015 5:54:21 PM
Dear Crookcatcher.
Thank you for your sensible voice of experience.

Joe
I have never hit a man nor thrown a drink in his face.
I win my fights by leaving and not being there.

Time for more singing.
"All you need is love... "

or

"Don't worry be happy"
 JoeBnD
Msg: 191
Posted: 6/15/2015 5:55:01 PM

Not white knighting Joe, just calling out a bs poster.

Considering 2 of the 4 posts prior to yours contained verbage related to rape and molestation it was safe to assume that wasn't what you were referencing since you had to interject one of your usual "look how women screw us over" bs comments right?

Your ASSumption was wrong. I don't sit at computer reading PoF forums all day long, and as such my responses are not always directed at the 1 or 2 prior posts. So now whose BS has been called out?

Unless there is an assault she's trying to stop, never. Simple battery, battery and more serious charges could be sought.

And this was my point - glad you actually saw it since you missed the rest by a long shot. Trust me, if I ever get slapped by a women, "warranted" or not, there will be charges.

unbelievably juvenile

Yes, but I will let it slide.
 kj521
Msg: 192
Posted: 6/15/2015 5:59:12 PM
Well Joe....I haven't slapped a man.....

But....I have dug my key into the side

Of his pretty little suped up 4 wheel drive,

Carved my name into his leather seats...

I kinda took a Louisville slugger to both headlights,

And maybe....slashed a hole in all 4 tires...

Hoping that maybe next time he'll think before he cheats.

Of course....all this happened after that trip to Vegas.....

Where I had too much of that poison...I got a little crazy...met a guy on the dance floor....let him call me, baby.

And well...you probably know the rest...

Woke up with a ring on my left hand out of nowhere...hoped it would disappear...

Cause I was really ashamed....I didn't even know my last name!

But....I have a feeling....he will think before he cheats! :Dj
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 193
Posted: 6/15/2015 6:11:18 PM

Your ASSumption was wrong. I don't sit at computer reading PoF forums all day long, and as such my responses are not always directed at the 1 or 2 prior posts. So now whose BS has been called out?

Oh I see...you just threw that out there in the interest of keeping the thread on topic, right. Pfftt A swing and a miss Joe.

And this was my point - glad you actually saw it since you missed the rest by a long shot. Trust me, if I ever get slapped by a women, "warranted" or not, there will be charges.

There's no doubt you will Joe, no doubt. You might have a problem with the warranted part though. So the only thing that missed was you Joe....a swing and a miss...is that two now?

Yes, but I will let it slide.

You'll let it slide? Please....you're out.
 newoldgirl
Msg: 194
Posted: 6/15/2015 6:24:08 PM

Zero.

No, were those Canadian men convicted? A woman saying she was raped ISN'T a fact. Here in the USA there were numerous cases of men being wrongly accused of rape.

I think you are misunderstanding what a survey is. A number of Canadian women were SURVEYED about their experiences. They were only telling some researchers what happened. It wasn't about REPORTED rapes.

Bottom line, rape and sex assaults are waaaaayyyyy under reported. I don't know the stats on false accusations of rape, but my guess is that is it a very, very, small percentage. BTW, lots of men are found not guilty simply because the crime couldn't be proved. It does NOT mean they were falsely accused.

"Do you seriously believe this?"
I didn't imply anything you listed.

There was no list...you said

And I seriously question that MANY (your word) women feel this way. I think the law should apply to all people equally, even celebrities.

You don't read our newspapers and have no idea what I was referring to. But many men here were wrongly accused and it was proven beyond any doubt they were innocent.

How many? What percentage of men have actually been falsely accused of rape?

I have no comment about those celebrity cases you mentioned, because I don't know anything about them.
 JoeBnD
Msg: 195
Posted: 6/15/2015 6:24:30 PM

But....I have dug my key into the side of his pretty little suped up 4 wheel drive, carved my name into his leather seats... I kinda took a Louisville slugger to both headlights, and maybe....slashed a hole in all 4 tires... hoping that maybe next time he'll think before he cheats.

Of course....all this happened after that trip to Vegas..... where I had too much of that poison...I got a little crazy...met a guy on the dance floor....let him call me, baby. And well...you probably know the rest...

Woke up with a ring on my left hand out of nowhere...hoped it would disappear...

Cause I was really ashamed....I didn't even know my last name!

But....I have a feeling....he will think before he cheats! :Dj

I am a little confused - did you do this damage the day you woke up not knowing your new last name? Or did he cheat after X years of marriage?

At any rate, it doesn't really matter. When my ex cheated and left, I did seriously consider killing her lover knowing fully I would either be dead myself or imprisoned. You apparently did all of this and got off without so much as a guilty conscience (you taught him a lesson and I don't hear any remorse {other than the getting married part} in any of your story).
 123nightmoves
Msg: 196
Posted: 6/15/2015 6:32:34 PM
I guess country music isn't your forte JoeBnD.
 CharminC
Msg: 197
Posted: 6/15/2015 6:32:54 PM
Trust me, if I ever get slapped by a women, "warranted" or not, there will be charges.

^^
Yup, charge her.
But I gotta ask, what did you do to make her slap you? (if it should ever happen)

I am a little confused - did you do this damage the day you woke up not knowing your new last name? Or did he cheat after X years of marriage?

^^^
Lol...nothing like a little country to confuse a man.
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 198
Posted: 6/15/2015 6:40:15 PM

JoeBnD:

Joe these videos will explain the story.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f27zNlmRMWU

Then 3 months later this happened...........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaSy8yy-mr8

OMG, KJ, I didn't know CU was singing about You...........

VVVVVV....What, My Charming Lady, don't You think it will just leave Joe more Confused than He already was?........VVVVVVVVV
 CharminC
Msg: 199
Posted: 6/15/2015 6:43:56 PM
Damn BBE! should've left him confused! Damn, damn, damn (I'm loving this word) *stomps foot
 kj521
Msg: 200
Posted: 6/15/2015 6:54:38 PM
What can I say Mr. Blue Eyes....

I have changed a lot since then....

It took all the strength I had

Not to fall apart
kept trying hard to mend
the pieces of my broken heart
and I spent oh so many nights
just feeling sorry for myself